Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:00:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  China Exchange: 60 Minutes with Axl Rose [June 14 - official video available]
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: China Exchange: 60 Minutes with Axl Rose [June 14 - official video available]  (Read 58532 times)
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #160 on: June 09, 2016, 06:32:31 PM »

I think CD 2 is dead in the water...whole new ballgame now.

As someone else said, if Axl wants to release CD2 then perhaps he could do that under his own name???

It sounds like Axl has taken some ideas to slash and duff and they seem receptive.. he didnt elaborate on whether Slash and Duff had taken some ideas to him as well? But if there is new ideas being thrown around.. then IMO logically just starting with a fresh canvas might be the best option for them?? I may be in the minority here, but id prefer a fresh start then CD2 (if CD2 is along the same type of lines as CD)..

thats just me though.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 06:48:20 PM by OscarAxl22 » Logged
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #161 on: June 09, 2016, 07:46:04 PM »

The Most Important:

- New Music
- New Music With This LineUp
- New Music RE-Edited From ChinDem-Era

smoking

In my opinion, what most of guns n' roses fans would prefer (and we are talkin' about millions of people worldwide) is new music from classic guns. We miss Izzy here, but at least we have the 3 main classic members (along with Izzy) working together again.
personally I hope if there is a new album in progress to be a democratic and plural one. I would love to get some punk nerve songs from Duff, some bluesy and hard-rock guitar driven songs from Slash, a few epic ballads and modern metal-rock songs from Axl and even some surprises from Richard and Frank
They could mix the best of each member and do a really great rock album! I have my hopes about this working well and we gettin new music next year! Let's see
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 07:54:29 PM by DAVE ROCK » Logged

DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #162 on: June 09, 2016, 07:49:26 PM »

As someone else said, if Axl wants to release CD2 then perhaps he could do that under his own name???

It sounds like Axl has taken some ideas to slash and duff and they seem receptive.. he didnt elaborate on whether Slash and Duff had taken some ideas to him as well? But if there is new ideas being thrown around.. then IMO logically just starting with a fresh canvas might be the best option for them?? I may be in the minority here, but id prefer a fresh start then CD2 (if CD2 is along the same type of lines as CD)..

thats just me though.

Couldn't agree more

Axl should release all the stuff he has from these years as his solo thing, like Slash or Duff did. Millions of fans around the world didn't associtted CD (and I like it and think it's a great album) with Guns. It's more like a solo effort from axl to me and I think to most GNR fans worldwide

I would love to listen to all the songs he's been working on for the last 15 or 20 years. I would love if he release that stuff as AXL. Just CD  from him is like almost nothing. We missed his talent for so many years  Sad
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 07:52:08 PM by DAVE ROCK » Logged

DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #163 on: June 09, 2016, 08:01:45 PM »

I must say also that his Q and A definitely makes it sound like Slash and him haven't talked much about doing new music really.

Or they have no concrete plans. The book bit was interesting. I mean how do you write a book now when you basically say a lot of the stuff from your guitarist's book is lies?

Just a little edgy I think. I hope this Ac/Dc thing fades. We've gotten so little Gn'R stuff over the years, we want demos, unreleased, 25th anniversary collections, new album... a best of...

we want material. I just hope the ACDC thing fades out after he helps them out.
I hope the AXL/Dc thing goes on for many years to come! It is amazing the chemistry between AXL and Angus.

Me too

I would love they do other stuff as well as a new Guns album and a worldwide tour. I want Slash to keep his amazin' solo career, he has found and amazing singer in Myles and an amazing backin' band in Conspirators. I hope they release their next album next year as they planned. I would also love to get music from Duff's project. Leeve Walkers stuff, a new Duff solo album (with Izzy collaborating), a new Walkin' Papers album, a new Loaded album
And for Axl I would love a new ACDC album with him on vocals

I think they are all now much more mature and hard-working musicians than what they were back in the 90s. I'm sure they can manage to do their own stuff as well as Guns stuff

Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #164 on: June 09, 2016, 08:12:10 PM »

I don't really wanna know about their fights. There's no real truth to tell. There's Axl's side of the story, Slash's and Duff's...and if they already discussed what they felt they needed to, maybe keep bringing that up can cause tension between them. What I really want to know is where things are now.

Regarding Axl's praise for the CD era, songs and musicians, it's not surprising. I think he wants to make sure that everyone knows how happy he's been and how satisfied he is with the work he did for the last 15 years. He would never disregard his own work.

What a good interviewer could do is ask him about the current situation: how this all came together, how they felt playing together after so long, how they chose the songs, if they have plans for the future, how different it is to play again with the people who wrote these songs with him and with whom he has so much history. Come on, it has to be different. Acknowledging how special is the current situation doesn't mean that he's disregarding the last 15 years. I hope Axl can see that and be open to share his thoughts on the reunion. At the Troubadour he looked paticularly happy to be there, I think. I would also like to hear from Duff and Slash.

Between the world tour and Axl possibly working with Angus, I can't see a new GNR album coming out soon (hope I'm wrong!). I would love to see a real colaboration between all of them, not just everyone reworking Axl's material or an album with a hundred different musicians that doesn't feel like a band's album.
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #165 on: June 09, 2016, 09:46:44 PM »

I don't really wanna know about their fights. There's no real truth to tell. There's Axl's side of the story, Slash's and Duff's...and if they already discussed what they felt they needed to, maybe keep bringing that up can cause tension between them. What I really want to know is where things are now.

Regarding Axl's praise for the CD era, songs and musicians, it's not surprising. I think he wants to make sure that everyone knows how happy he's been and how satisfied he is with the work he did for the last 15 years. He would never disregard his own work.

What a good interviewer could do is ask him about the current situation: how this all came together, how they felt playing together after so long, how they chose the songs, if they have plans for the future, how different it is to play again with the people who wrote these songs with him and with whom he has so much history. Come on, it has to be different. Acknowledging how special is the current situation doesn't mean that he's disregarding the last 15 years. I hope Axl can see that and be open to share his thoughts on the reunion. At the Troubadour he looked paticularly happy to be there, I think. I would also like to hear from Duff and Slash.

Between the world tour and Axl possibly working with Angus, I can't see a new GNR album coming out soon (hope I'm wrong!). I would love to see a real colaboration between all of them, not just everyone reworking Axl's material or an album with a hundred different musicians that doesn't feel like a band's album.

well said
 ok

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #166 on: June 09, 2016, 10:05:16 PM »

I haven't read any of their books and don't plan on it even if Axl wrote one.

Same here. Someone sent me Slash's book when it was released but never got around to reading it. I've been considering reading Duff's book though.

It sounds like it might now be in play....or certain tracks from it anyways. I agree that whatever gets released wont be the CD II us hardcores have talked about for years.

My ultimate pipe dream is to someday get CD and CD II from 2001-02.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #167 on: June 09, 2016, 11:05:47 PM »

thats just me though.

you are not in the minority, but i feel like people are really trying not to see the obvious in what he said regarding new material.

paraphrasing here: i have lots of new guns stuff done i want to put out... not sure if slash has anything to do with it.... if slash wants to play on it that would be great... cd stuff is my favorite stuff to play... if i did a solo album, it would be an instrumental thing (second time hes said that)...

on what planet does that equal "i'm going to release my stuff as a solo album and start from scratch on the next guns album with slash and duff. taking songs they already wrote and combining that stuff with some stuff i have laying around.?

are people just seeing what they want to see? but i guess you could say i am doing the same thing in a way.

one reason i hope the next album is not entirely new material is because that would take a hell of a lot longer than slash and duff contributing to what axl already has. start from scratch? really? when you have all this great material already? and after the very positive reactions people have shown to slash putting his spin on the cd songs?

Same here. Someone sent me Slash's book when it was released but never got around to reading it. I've been considering reading Duff's book though.

It sounds like it might now be in play....or certain tracks from it anyways. I agree that whatever gets released wont be the CD II us hardcores have talked about for years.

honestly, i could care less about axls childhood, his menal health history, or what caused the break up. that stuffs all personal, and irrelevant. i would have wanted it a few years back, but ive learned to try and respect the private stuff a little more. i mean sure, if he puts i out i'll read it, but im not pinning for it.

what i would love though, is to read the chapters concerning the cd era. the history of each song, what it means to him, what he's singing about, where the inspiration came from etc... and to hear about all the crazy shit hes seen and done, being such a larger than life personality and all. y'know, rock star stories.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #168 on: June 09, 2016, 11:21:12 PM »

thats just me though.

you are not in the minority, but i feel like people are really trying not to see the obvious in what he said regarding new material.

paraphrasing here: i have lots of new guns stuff done i want to put out... not sure if slash has anything to do with it.... if slash wants to play on it that would be great... cd stuff is my favorite stuff to play... if i did a solo album, it would be an instrumental thing (second time hes said that)...

on what planet does that equal "i'm going to release my stuff as a solo album and start from scratch on the next guns album with slash and duff. taking songs they already wrote and combining that stuff with some stuff i have laying around.?

are people just seeing what they want to see? but i guess you could say i am doing the same thing in a way.

one reason i hope the next album is not entirely new material is because that would take a hell of a lot longer than slash and duff contributing to what axl already has. start from scratch? really? when you have all this great material already? and after the very positive reactions people have shown to slash putting his spin on the cd songs?

honestly, i could care less about axls childhood, his menal health history, or what caused the break up. that stuffs all personal, and irrelevant. i would have wanted it a few years back, but ive learned to try and respect the private stuff a little more. i mean sure, if he puts i out i'll read it, but im not pinning for it.

what i would love though, is to read the chapters concerning the cd era. the history of each song, what it means to him, what he's singing about, where the inspiration came from etc... and to hear about all the crazy shit hes seen and done, being such a larger than life personality and all. y'know, rock star stories.

I respectfully disagree on that
Slash and Duff (and Richard and Frank) can write and record a badass album in a few months. They have been doin' it all these years. I'm pretty sure they all have great songs written  but I would love if they could write some songs together as well. It shouldn't be that long as you paint it. If the chemistry and good vibe is there they can write an album together and get it ready for next year

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #169 on: June 09, 2016, 11:27:06 PM »

the vocal coach was the most interesting thing to me...seems the ol' boy is dead serious about the extra workload  ok

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #170 on: June 09, 2016, 11:30:25 PM »

you guys are missing 3 great books. Believe when I tell you they're more than worthy and that the parts where they share their side on the break up are not the reason they are awesome books.
I love Slash's book when he talks about his childhood, his first years as a guitar player and the part when he had already left Guns
And Duff's books are really fun and entertaining. He is becomin a great writer. His books have lots of anecdotes that make their read a lot worthy

DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #171 on: June 09, 2016, 11:34:28 PM »

the vocal coach was the most interesting thing to me...seems the ol' boy is dead serious about the extra workload  ok
yeah
Why in the hell didn't he get that coach back before?. He is singing better than he's done in a really really long time. I think the ACDC challenge is good for his voice. It made him work hard on his voice again and seems like the tour with Guns is gonna be one of the best ever

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #172 on: June 10, 2016, 01:37:16 AM »

The Most Important:

- New Music
- New Music With This LineUp
- New Music RE-Edited From ChinDem-Era

smoking

In my opinion, what most of guns n' roses fans would prefer (and we are talkin' about millions of people worldwide) is new music from classic guns. We miss Izzy here, but at least we have the 3 main classic members (along with Izzy) working together again.
personally I hope if there is a new album in progress to be a democratic and plural one. I would love to get some punk nerve songs from Duff, some bluesy and hard-rock guitar driven songs from Slash, a few epic ballads and modern metal-rock songs from Axl and even some surprises from Richard and Frank
They could mix the best of each member and do a really great rock album! I have my hopes about this working well and we gettin new music next year! Let's see

Repeat My Post ?

hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #173 on: June 10, 2016, 11:43:07 AM »

Do you not understand the meaning of the word 'or' or something? In this case it is used to give two seperate examples. Hence 'OR' and not 'AND'.

I do, or maybe I don't, or...?  Embarrassed

But seriously, I think we are closer than we were two or (!) five years ago. Some probably made the same assumption in early 2008, saying we weren't any closer than we were five years before. And look what happened.
So yeah, I think we are closer. Not sure when or (!) how it'll happen, but we're getting closer... Logic. Unless your logic says it will never happen. Then you got a point, but that's not what you think I hope, or is it?

/jarmo

Personally I'm very much of a 'don't expect new material to be released, but if it is, great' mindset. From reading around this board and others I think there are a few who optimistically thought once Slash was back a new album would definitely follow relatively quickly. Fact is touring the old stuff is a safe prospect, the money is in the tour not an album, and the old stuff is what most people want to hear. Take Slash out of the equation and what we're hearing from Axl is no different than what we heard from him and the last lineup for years. Ideas are being thrown around, recordings exist, we'll look at what to do with them. Nothing that points to 'hell yes, get ready for a new record'.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #174 on: June 10, 2016, 11:50:05 AM »

Well, if you look back at what he said in 2014, it does seem like he wanted to get that material out. Then something else happened, which we are seeing the results of this year (the tour).

Hopefully the business side of getting new music out will be smoother than in the past.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #175 on: June 10, 2016, 01:27:19 PM »

Why in the hell didn't he get that coach back before?. He is singing better than he's done in a really really long time.

Because this was going to be a higher profile gig.

This tour is going to have a lot of eyeballs on it.  Some who never saw him at all.  Some that haven't paid attention to him in a decade plus.

Last thing he'd want, I imagine, is to be seen as the weak link.

I love it.  I love his dedication and his focus this time around.  This is too important to half ass.  And he's killing it this year.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #176 on: June 10, 2016, 01:38:49 PM »

Do you not understand the meaning of the word 'or' or something? In this case it is used to give two seperate examples. Hence 'OR' and not 'AND'.

I do, or maybe I don't, or...?  Embarrassed

But seriously, I think we are closer than we were two or (!) five years ago. Some probably made the same assumption in early 2008, saying we weren't any closer than we were five years before. And look what happened.
So yeah, I think we are closer. Not sure when or (!) how it'll happen, but we're getting closer... Logic. Unless your logic says it will never happen. Then you got a point, but that's not what you think I hope, or is it?

/jarmo

Personally I'm very much of a 'don't expect new material to be released, but if it is, great' mindset. From reading around this board and others I think there are a few who optimistically thought once Slash was back a new album would definitely follow relatively quickly. Fact is touring the old stuff is a safe prospect, the money is in the tour not an album, and the old stuff is what most people want to hear. Take Slash out of the equation and what we're hearing from Axl is no different than what we heard from him and the last lineup for years. Ideas are being thrown around, recordings exist, we'll look at what to do with them. Nothing that points to 'hell yes, get ready for a new record'.

Yeah but they?re not just playing the old stuff, unless you count CD as old stuff.  Of course the majority of songs are from the AFD/UYI era (because that?s where the majority of GnR songs are from), but they?ve been playing around 4 CD songs during this tour (which some thought would never happen).  To me, that?s a sign that it?s not a pure nostalgia cash grab (that?s right up there with ?regrouping? and ?artistic integrity? for most annoying words on a forum, btw) but there are bigger things at play.

Axl alluded to new music?with or without Slash.  Sure, it?s not concrete?things change, but IMO it points to the end game is more than just a tour.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #177 on: June 10, 2016, 02:59:25 PM »

Axl wants new Guns N Roses music...with or without Slash, with or without Buckethead or Tommy or Duff or anyone else. NOTHING has changed in Axl's world as far as the way he runs Gnr. The guy hasn't changed his tune or softened his stance on anything. The interview is proof of it as he reiterates the same things he said in the chats in December 2008. You have to respect that.

The main thing is that he seems very happy, and I would imagine that it was a HUGE boulder off his shoulder when he reconciled with Slash and Duff (no pun intended with Atlas Shrugged!). HUGE. Now he is killing the AC/DC gig and priming for his biggest GNR run since 1991. Strike when the iron is hot....Ax is no dummy, and the sharks at UNI aren't either. We will get some new Gnr tunes within the year.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #178 on: June 10, 2016, 03:07:42 PM »

Axl's original vision of CD 2 may be dead in the water but the songs and music created are not dead in the water. All of that material is still available and ready for immediate use or some alternate versions with Slash and Duff. But, like Duff said in one of his interviews after coming back a few years ago, him and Tommy play alike and think alike. He said it was easy for him to learn the Chinese stuff because Tommy played what he would have played. Point is, tweaking  a few bass lines is easier than changing lead guitar parts. Thus, I would think, the big challenge is to incorporate Slash in the songs so that the tunes may be more radio/commercial friendly. I don't think it would be hard to sell a new Gnr tune if it just had a Slash style solo on it.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #179 on: June 10, 2016, 04:57:52 PM »

Axl's original vision of CD 2 may be dead in the water but the songs and music created are not dead in the water. All of that material is still available and ready for immediate use or some alternate versions with Slash and Duff. But, like Duff said in one of his interviews after coming back a few years ago, him and Tommy play alike and think alike. He said it was easy for him to learn the Chinese stuff because Tommy played what he would have played. Point is, tweaking  a few bass lines is easier than changing lead guitar parts. Thus, I would think, the big challenge is to incorporate Slash in the songs so that the tunes may be more radio/commercial friendly. I don't think it would be hard to sell a new Gnr tune if it just had a Slash style solo on it.

If they added Ron's parts into CD late in the game, I don't see why they couldn't just as easily work Slash's contributions into CD2. 
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: