Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:55:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  China Exchange: 60 Minutes with Axl Rose [June 14 - official video available]
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: China Exchange: 60 Minutes with Axl Rose [June 14 - official video available]  (Read 58575 times)
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #180 on: June 10, 2016, 07:01:23 PM »

yep....except I would think Slash would want a bigger footprint...I am sure the label would want the same.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #181 on: June 10, 2016, 09:28:08 PM »

yeah
Just to expect contributions from Slash and Duff on songs that are already written is insulting
Slash and Duff deserve the same credit as Axl on the makin' of a new GNR album

If Axl is intelligent he will be as open and receptive to Slash's and Duff's songs as they are to his songs . And that's the only way I think a new GNR album would be as great and succesfull as the original stuff and not a "failure" (commercially and cold received) as Chinese Democracy was (which I think is a good album, with some great songs, but not a truly GNR album)

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #182 on: June 10, 2016, 10:05:42 PM »

yeah
Just to expect contributions from Slash and Duff on songs that are already written is insulting

If Axl is intelligent he will be as open and receptive to Slash's and Duff's songs as they are to his songs . And that's the only way I think a new GNR album would be as great and succesfull as the original stuff and not a "failure" (commercially and cold received) as Chinese Democracy was (which I think is a good album, with some great songs, but not a truly GNR album)

Agree 100%.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #183 on: June 11, 2016, 01:53:42 AM »

I haven't read any of their books and don't plan on it even if Axl wrote one.

Same here. Someone sent me Slash's book when it was released but never got around to reading it. I've been considering reading Duff's book though.

I think CD 2 is dead in the water...whole new ballgame now.
It sounds like it might now be in play....or certain tracks from it anyways. I agree that whatever gets released wont be the CD II us hardcores have talked about for years.

My ultimate pipe dream is to someday get CD and CD II from 2001-02.

Axl's original vision of CD 2 may be dead in the water but the songs and music created are not dead in the water. All of that material is still available and ready for immediate use or some alternate versions with Slash and Duff. But, like Duff said in one of his interviews after coming back a few years ago, him and Tommy play alike and think alike. He said it was easy for him to learn the Chinese stuff because Tommy played what he would have played. Point is, tweaking  a few bass lines is easier than changing lead guitar parts. Thus, I would think, the big challenge is to incorporate Slash in the songs so that the tunes may be more radio/commercial friendly. I don't think it would be hard to sell a new Gnr tune if it just had a Slash style solo on it.

now it makes sense. i was wondering what you meant by saying cd2 is dead in the water. i thought the interview definitely pointed to those songs being put to use so i was confused when you said it and wondered what made you think so. but now i get what you mean.

yeah

cd was not a commercial failure and axl is plenty intelligent regardless of if he is receptive to slash and duffs songs or not. guess well have to agree to disagree again  Smiley

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #184 on: June 11, 2016, 04:32:54 AM »

Has there been a spike in sales of CD since the reformation of the band, the sales levels prior to this probably amounted to a few hundred unit per week at best.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #185 on: June 11, 2016, 09:07:46 AM »

good question...I was wondering what the spike was for AC/DC. Guns has a huge following worldwide so you have to think sales have spiked for AC/DC. Guns is always a waiting game...make sure the tour goes well and both bands likely see a huge spike in sales by the end of the year. Two huge iconic bands with the same lead singer....same year...kinda unprecedented. beer

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #186 on: June 11, 2016, 09:42:39 AM »

yeah

cd was not a commercial failure and axl is plenty intelligent regardless of if he is receptive to slash and duffs songs or not. guess well have to agree to disagree again  Smiley
[/quote]

yes it was. Considering the tremendous costs and the not so great sales of the album, I think it was some kind of "failure". And I think it's a good album, but it makes no sense to spend so much time and money to do a rock album. Many former fans didn't support what Axl did for the las 20 years. He could and should have done things in a different way. Release more stuff and release it as his own thing, not under Guns n' Roses name. That's egocentrical and selfish from him. It's like if Steven Tyler or Robert Plant decide to release an album under Aerosmith or Led Zeppelin names. Guns disbanded because of personal and musical differences that made the band to implode. They all went with their careers except Axl

Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #187 on: June 11, 2016, 10:30:04 AM »

It seems Coma was added to the set by Slash suggestion...nice!  ok

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #188 on: June 11, 2016, 11:50:12 AM »

yeah

yes it was. Considering the tremendous costs and the not so great sales of the album, I think it was some kind of "failure". And I think it's a good album, but it makes no sense to spend so much time and money to do a rock album. Many former fans didn't support what Axl did for the las 20 years. He could and should have done things in a different way. Release more stuff and release it as his own thing, not under Guns n' Roses name. That's egocentrical and selfish from him. It's like if Steven Tyler or Robert Plant decide to release an album under Aerosmith or Led Zeppelin names. Guns disbanded because of personal and musical differences that made the band to implode. They all went with their careers except Axl
[/quote]

That's something I've always wandered myself. Why Axl didn't release it as a solo record.

There's no way to deny, GNR image is, and always will be attached to Axl and Slash.

I think that part of the rejection to "nu-Gnr" was due to the fact that people didn't truly recognize the band as GNR. Had he released it under his name, I think people would receive it in a better way.
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #189 on: June 11, 2016, 11:57:46 AM »

yeah

That's something I've always wandered myself. Why Axl didn't release it as a solo record.

There's no way to deny, GNR image is, and always will be attached to Axl and Slash.

I think that part of the rejection to "nu-Gnr" was due to the fact that people didn't truly recognize the band as GNR. Had he released it under his name, I think people would receive it in a better way.

[/quote]

Yeah man. That's general opinion  ok Smiley

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #190 on: June 11, 2016, 12:43:08 PM »

yeah

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #191 on: June 11, 2016, 12:59:22 PM »

peace
yeah

hihi
 peace

Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #192 on: June 11, 2016, 01:21:54 PM »

Off course it's beating a dead horse, but that was the topic of the discussion  peace ok
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #193 on: June 11, 2016, 01:34:55 PM »

Off course it's beating a dead horse, but that was the topic of the discussion  peace ok

The topic is China Exchange: 60 Minutes with Axl Rose.

The topic is not about how/why/when Axl uses the GNR name.

peace

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #194 on: June 11, 2016, 02:28:01 PM »

The topic is China Exchange: 60 Minutes with Axl Rose.

The topic is not about how/why/when Axl uses the GNR name.

peace

It's more or less the same  peace

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #195 on: June 11, 2016, 02:42:06 PM »

Not really, but thanks for trying.

Please stick to the actual topic.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #196 on: June 11, 2016, 11:54:50 PM »

I know there are a lot of Axl's fans here (me included)
I know many of you (me not included) don't like to accept Axl didn't make the best of choices and didn't do a great career for the last 20 years. That he was egocentric and selfish believing he was Guns n' Roses, and that made him do so wrong and get so poor and bad reputation from general public. All of this is related to one of the questions from this China Exchange. The one in he talks about new music and how he showed some stuff to Slash and Duff. I insist, if Axl expect them to just make some contributions in his songs and treat them like another hired guns, he would bein' arrogant and stupid again. That would be insultin' for Duff and Slash. If they really made peaces, they should try to work as a democratic band and all of them have the same credit and weight on the new music, specially the original members: Duff, Slash and Axl. They are the guys that most of millions of Guns fans worldwide want to see doing magic together again
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 12:24:01 AM by DAVE ROCK » Logged

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #197 on: June 12, 2016, 12:18:46 AM »

Same here. Someone sent me Slash's book when it was released but never got around to reading it. I've been considering reading Duff's book though.

It sounds like it might now be in play....or certain tracks from it anyways. I agree that whatever gets released wont be the CD II us hardcores have talked about for years.

Axl's original vision of CD 2 may be dead in the water but the songs and music created are not dead in the water. All of that material is still available and ready for immediate use or some alternate versions with Slash and Duff. But, like Duff said in one of his interviews after coming back a few years ago, him and Tommy play alike and think alike. He said it was easy for him to learn the Chinese stuff because Tommy played what he would have played. Point is, tweaking  a few bass lines is easier than changing lead guitar parts. Thus, I would think, the big challenge is to incorporate Slash in the songs so that the tunes may be more radio/commercial friendly. I don't think it would be hard to sell a new Gnr tune if it just had a Slash style solo on it.

If they added Ron's parts into CD late in the game, I don't see why they couldn't just as easily work Slash's contributions into CD2. 

i think you're on to something there. and i think it would be more than enough to get most slash fans or people that don't accept gnr without slash to get on board with it. are the majority of people going to cause a fuss over who wrote what, or are they going to see slash's name in the credits, hear his signature solos, see his picture in the album sleeve etc and call it good? i know we like to get into details here, but that's what we do. we're hardcore. the public? maybe not so much.

i think asking axl to set aside the music he and the chidem line up worked so hard and spent so much time to create, and that is apparently very important to him, regardless of what one may think is right or wrong, is not very realistic. i also think from a business persepective it is not very realistic, as so much time effort and money has already been invested into said material; perhaps too much for it to be simply tossed aside.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #198 on: June 12, 2016, 12:36:17 AM »

If they added Ron's parts into CD late in the game, I don't see why they couldn't just as easily work Slash's contributions into CD2. 

i think you're on to something there. and i think it would be more than enough to get most slash fans or people that don't accept gnr without slash to get on board with it. are the majority of people going to cause a fuss over who wrote what, or are they going to see slash's name in the credits, hear his signature solos, see his picture in the album sleeve etc and call it good? i know we like to get into details here, but that's what we do. we're hardcore. the public? maybe not so much.

i think asking axl to set aside the music he and the chidem line up worked so hard and spent so much time to create, and that is apparently very important to him, regardless of what one may think is right or wrong, is not very realistic. i also think from a business persepective it is not very realistic, as so much time effort and money has already been invested into said material; perhaps too much for it to be simply tossed aside.

I think some of those songs will be reworked by this new line up. But I also think Slash and Duff will bring their own riffs and songs to make more songs and make a much more democratic album
As I said, Duff and Slash don't deserve to be treated like another hired musician. That would be insulting. They're to Guns and to millions and millions of fans what John Paul Jons and Jimi Page are to LZ

I think a new Guns n' Roses album will be released next year and it will have:
- some songs from chinese democracy era reworked by this new line up,
- Some songs and riffs brought by Slash
- Some songs and riffs brought by Duff
- Some songs written by all of them together
- Hopefully a song or two by Izzy (well this last one is more of wish, not a realistic belief of mine hahaha  Grin)

FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #199 on: June 12, 2016, 02:57:55 AM »

I think what a lot of people forget is that all the songs we love and have played over and over again were songs they had written either individually, with other people (West Arkeen for example) or were from their old bands. And that seemed to work for them just fine. So I assume it'll work for them now as well.

What Axl said is nothing new: he played them some tunes and they seemed to be enthusiastic about it. That's no different than him playing them November Rain back in the day, or Izzy playing them Patience. I can see where some people might interpret the 'if he wants to play on those songs' as him being just a hired guitarist, but I don't think it's in those stages yet.

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: