Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:15:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  China Exchange: 60 Minutes with Axl Rose [June 14 - official video available]
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: China Exchange: 60 Minutes with Axl Rose [June 14 - official video available]  (Read 58517 times)
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #200 on: June 12, 2016, 06:12:15 AM »

well im certainly not against slash and duff material. definitely not. ill be happy with whatever we get. im sure most of us will.

it's not all that far fetched, a few songs from each of them. but from what axl said, i got the impression that his stuff is coming out regardless of if they want to play on it or not. but they seemed to like it and went ahead themselves to learn cd stuff, so maybe they wouldn't see it as insulting to play on axls stuff. maybe they'd even be enthusiastic about it, maybe it blew them away.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #201 on: June 12, 2016, 09:25:45 AM »

well im certainly not against slash and duff material. definitely not. ill be happy with whatever we get. im sure most of us will.

it's not all that far fetched, a few songs from each of them. but from what axl said, i got the impression that his stuff is coming out regardless of if they want to play on it or not. but they seemed to like it and went ahead themselves to learn cd stuff, so maybe they wouldn't see it as insulting to play on axls stuff. maybe they'd even be enthusiastic about it, maybe it blew them away.

If Axl really has three albums worth of material imagine slash and Duff putting music too it.  That intro to better and CD is better than the original.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #202 on: June 12, 2016, 10:24:47 AM »

I wonder what he meant about them learning CD. Did they (I mean, mostly Slash, Duff already played lots of those songs) learn how to play stuff like Scraped, Shacklers, Riad, IRS and Prostitute?

I don't know about you guys, but I would love to see what Slash could bring to IRS. Smiley

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #203 on: June 12, 2016, 11:11:13 AM »

The songs were likely selected specifically...the two singles CD and Better then fan favorites TIL and TWAT....makes sense. I highly doubt they went outside of what is on the current potential setlist. Slash is still having to re-learn material he wrote 25 years ago....baby steps.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #204 on: June 12, 2016, 12:13:15 PM »

Off course it's beating a dead horse, but that was the topic of the discussion  peace ok

The topic is China Exchange: 60 Minutes with Axl Rose.

The topic is not about how/why/when Axl uses the GNR name.

peace

Was not referring to the thread itself, but how the discussion developed to a point where what I said could make sense to the discussion
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #205 on: June 12, 2016, 12:36:37 PM »

The songs were likely selected specifically...the two singles CD and Better then fan favorites TIL and TWAT....makes sense. I highly doubt they went outside of what is on the current potential setlist. Slash is still having to re-learn material he wrote 25 years ago....baby steps.
Well, I bet he had at least 6 months to learn stuff, plus 1 month worth of rehearsals. I mean, he used to play at least half of the old songs with his band... The time is enough, but you're probably right about the selection of songs.

DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #206 on: June 12, 2016, 09:55:28 PM »

Well, I bet he had at least 6 months to learn stuff, plus 1 month worth of rehearsals. I mean, he used to play at least half of the old songs with his band... The time is enough, but you're probably right about the selection of songs.

Yes, they had time enough to prepare these set-lists

and by the way, they did a great work  Grin

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #207 on: June 12, 2016, 10:40:37 PM »

If Axl really has three albums worth of material imagine slash and Duff putting music too it.  That intro to better and CD is better than the original.

drool

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #208 on: June 13, 2016, 08:14:57 AM »

Very much agreed here.

While I share Voodoochild's opinion on loving to maybe hear 'I.R.S.', I do wonder if they have really worked out any CD songs than the ones we've heard.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #209 on: June 13, 2016, 08:30:45 AM »

shifting topics here but am I the only one that thinks Ax may come back and want a more aggressive setlist due to the AC/DC experience? More Guns...less Roses?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #210 on: June 13, 2016, 09:11:29 AM »

shifting topics here but am I the only one that thinks Ax may come back and want a more aggressive setlist due to the AC/DC experience? More Guns...less Roses?

I don't expect any real changes outside what we heard in the first few shows.

Which is fine by me.  Thought the setlists were strong.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #211 on: June 13, 2016, 11:58:28 AM »

Same here.  Though, the addition of "Perfect Crime" seems more doable than ever now with his kick ass vocal power of late.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #212 on: June 13, 2016, 12:50:05 PM »

Same here.  Though, the addition of "Perfect Crime" seems more doable than ever now with his kick ass vocal power of late.

Yeah, I always poo-pooed it.  Not so sure now.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #213 on: June 13, 2016, 12:53:18 PM »

My Michelle? Perfect Crime? IRS? One more rocker, one less ballad...and I love Guns ballads but I could drop one for another ball buster.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #214 on: June 13, 2016, 01:37:27 PM »

My Michelle? Perfect Crime? IRS? One more rocker, one less ballad...and I love Guns ballads but I could drop one for another ball buster.

Would gladly swap out 'This I Love' for any of those.

Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #215 on: June 13, 2016, 01:54:52 PM »

Yeah, I agree.
I would drop any ballad for songs like Don't Damn Me, Bad Apples, Perfect Crime, Locomotive...I swear I wouldn't complain about anything ever again.  Roll Eyes
Princess Leia
« Reply #216 on: June 13, 2016, 02:15:35 PM »

For me it would be ideal if they drop TIL and they add Perfect Crime, Don't Damn Me, Pretty Tied Up or Locomotive  smoking
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #217 on: June 13, 2016, 02:32:03 PM »

Pretty Tied Up would certainly be swell.  ok
Annie
« Reply #218 on: June 13, 2016, 03:37:38 PM »

For me it would be ideal if they drop TIL and they add Perfect Crime, Don't Damn Me, Pretty Tied Up or Locomotive  smoking
I take it that you are not a romantic. hihi
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #219 on: June 13, 2016, 09:35:07 PM »

If they just played Double Talkin' Jive over and over again for two hours I could totally live with that  hihi

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: