Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 08:45:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  China Exchange: 60 Minutes with Axl Rose [June 14 - official video available]
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: China Exchange: 60 Minutes with Axl Rose [June 14 - official video available]  (Read 58072 times)
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #220 on: June 13, 2016, 10:32:36 PM »

If Axl can do the vocals for Coma, why not do it for Don't Damn Me? I would love to hear this song played live at least once.
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #221 on: June 14, 2016, 11:25:51 AM »

Of all the songs they have played live to this day, the only one I miss is Locomotive. They really should play it
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #222 on: June 14, 2016, 01:01:26 PM »

Of all the songs they have played live to this day, the only one I miss is Locomotive. They really should play it
+1 to this. seriously, that song is a fucking monster that needs to be back!

jerr65
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #223 on: June 14, 2016, 01:39:06 PM »

Pretty tied up would be a good one as well
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #224 on: June 14, 2016, 01:47:29 PM »

If Axl can do the vocals for Coma, why not do it for Don't Damn Me? I would love to hear this song played live at least once.

'Coma' has a lot of stops, tempo changes, and rest spots.

'Don't Damn Me' is basically a sprint.

And let's see Axl do the 'Coma' outro out of the chair first, at the least.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #225 on: June 14, 2016, 02:41:50 PM »

Everybody wants to see the handful of songs that have rarely been played over the years... shocking...  Smiley

Pretty Tied Up and Bad Obsession would top the list of those for me. I was ecstatic that DTJ was brought back...but not totally shocked since Slash had been playing it often recently with Myles.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #226 on: June 14, 2016, 02:49:27 PM »

They've uploaded the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSSJIgSyoQo

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #227 on: June 14, 2016, 03:00:16 PM »

Everybody wants to see the handful of songs that have rarely been played over the years... shocking...  Smiley

Pretty Tied Up and Bad Obsession would top the list of those for me. I was ecstatic that DTJ was brought back...but not totally shocked since Slash had been playing it often recently with Myles.

It seems that we can at least agree on that!
Please, Fernando, Jarmo, if the band needs some suggestions from the fans, here they are. We'd be the happiest fans in the world. You are very welcome.  hihi
Ringoturtle
Headliner

« Reply #228 on: June 14, 2016, 03:27:28 PM »

Topic:

is it just me or is the guy on left annoying? what's he saying in min 28:14? babbling, interrupting, not looking at your discussion partner? he comes off a bit self-important.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 03:33:30 PM by Ringoturtle » Logged

All my statements represent MY OPINION. If not, I'll say so by posting references or the like
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #229 on: June 14, 2016, 03:28:25 PM »

Topic:

is it just me or is the guy on left annoying? what's he saying in min 28:14? babbling, interrupting, not looking at your discussion partner?

Comes off real obnoxious.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #230 on: June 14, 2016, 04:21:54 PM »

That was awesome to watch  peace

reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #231 on: June 15, 2016, 02:20:09 AM »

The guy conducting the interview is pretty rude to the audience & Axl at times.

It's obvious to us why Axl wishes he'd set up his own label in order to have more artistic freedom when it comes to releasing work "now". He has zero knowledge of the band it seems. Comes across as a wanker...but I must admit I still quite like him. 😂😂
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #232 on: June 15, 2016, 02:21:52 AM »

Also I notice when Axl talks about new material he says something similar to "If future releases feature Slash remains to be seen"..

Seems like it's very much baby steps at the moment.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #233 on: June 15, 2016, 06:22:56 AM »

thanks to ninelivecat at gnrtruth for the transcription:

?Um, and I just, I do want to put out more music with Guns n? Roses. And I don?t know if that has to do with Slash or not but underneath the Guns n? Roses thing (name?), and, um, if he and I write something or he wants to play on something that we have, it?s like that would be great.  But I haven?t, it?s kind of, we?re, I?ve been working to get where things are.  This isn?t, the Guns n? Roses reunion isn?t just kind of like by happenchance or whatever...chance?or whatever."

does sort of sound like an unsure answer. maybe they actually don't have things figured out yet.

but the last line makes it seem like it's been in the works for a while.

is the second to last line "But..." referencing new music or the reunion? he goes with I, then we're, than settles on I've. If it was about the reunion, I would think he would have went with we're/we've (him slash and duff whoever else). then again, it's not like he wrote a script, he's just talking, and I'm putting him under a microscope.   
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 06:30:29 AM by rj seitz » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #234 on: June 15, 2016, 09:05:50 AM »

is the second to last line "But..." referencing new music or the reunion?
IMO it's about new music. He said "that would be great" refering to write something with him or getting Slash to play on something he already wrote. So the "but..." refers to writing and getting Slash to record something.

Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #235 on: June 15, 2016, 09:30:57 AM »

Axl seems open and happy to work again with Slash and Duff - writing new stuff and/or having them in the material he already has...but it really looks that they still don't have any plans yet. I think it's great news. At first I didn't get the part about the "writing new stuff".

The "interviewer" is clueless and quite annoying. I noticed Axl wanted to talk about a little longer about some stuff and the guy would cut to the next question. I really hope they talk to a journalist or anyone who can ask good questions. The look on Axl's face sometimes is priceless! Hahahah.

Anyway. Did anyone understand what the guy who mentions the Troubadour promo video said? He asks about the reunion...
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #236 on: June 15, 2016, 09:32:23 AM »

is the second to last line "But..." referencing new music or the reunion?
IMO it's about new music. He said "that would be great" refering to write something with him or getting Slash to play on something he already wrote. So the "but..." refers to writing and getting Slash to record something.

that was my impression too.

but then why segway into the this reunion didn't just happen, it was intentional thing?

i know i'm over analyzing it, but i really want to see where the sentences would have gone if his responses went straight through without changing up. it's hard to explain what I mean, but the stuff like "um, and i just, i do want to...". he said he does want to put out music, but he JUST what? i don't think he was going to say "i just want to put out new music". it's like he was going to say something but then left it out and said something else instead. and then the "But I haven't, it's kind of, i've been working to get where things are". He hasn't what? It's kind of what?

i know i'm focusing on such a small part of the interview, but alas, that is obviously where my head is at (new music) when it comes to gnr and has been for a long time.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 09:36:18 AM by rj seitz » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #237 on: June 15, 2016, 09:48:30 AM »

I think all you can take away from what he said in certainty is,  that IF there is another GNR album it certainly won't be Axl Slash Duff and Richard sitting in a room and banging out new songs from scratch.

Axl is steering the ship as always and if Slash and Duff are agreeable to adding their parts to old songs... then he is happy to have them do so. Hopefully Axl likes something Slash has in storage too and that could become a GNR song as well.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #238 on: June 15, 2016, 09:54:18 AM »

For years I was as desperate as anybody for "CD 2" to come out...

After the second vegas residency and endless Hulk hogan ears ... I was getting antsy...

but right now... I am just too giddy and too excited for this summer... Vegas and Coachella and ACDC... it's all too fucking amazing.

If the album comes in a few years... especially if it comes with the meat n potatoes... all the better.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #239 on: June 15, 2016, 10:19:25 AM »

I have kinda given up on a new album. The track record of album releases over a 31 year period speaks for itself.....not angry about it or anything...just done fretting over something I can't control. Tongue

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: