Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 02:41:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [UPDATES] June 29, 2016 ? Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [UPDATES] June 29, 2016 ? Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City  (Read 36040 times)
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #140 on: July 01, 2016, 10:36:44 AM »

Folks, it the weekend before the 4th, a Wednesday and in KC. I was there and it was great!! Lower and 2nd bowl were full (minus behind stage). People are whining about GNR pulling in 25k, with no new album, in 2016? Give me a break. Enjoy the tour, the boys are back, very fun times. 
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #141 on: July 01, 2016, 11:55:37 AM »

I'm still pretty convinced 25k is a little low on the estimate side.  Especially now that info is trickling in that Fed ex and Ford Field were 40/41k ish (Trunk, USA Today, and other reputable places). I'm still thinking we're somewhere more like the low to mid 30's.

Guess we'll just have to see if a more official report comes out.....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #142 on: July 01, 2016, 12:45:04 PM »

Folks, it the weekend before the 4th, a Wednesday and in KC. I was there and it was great!! Lower and 2nd bowl were full (minus behind stage). People are whining about GNR pulling in 25k, with no new album, in 2016? Give me a break. Enjoy the tour, the boys are back, very fun times. 

thank you.....my show in Atlanta is on a Wed so I don't expect much more than that. I also don't care! Gonna be awesome.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Poops Magee
Headliner

« Reply #143 on: July 01, 2016, 02:38:53 PM »

Also- Pittsburg's MSA is simply too small and too close to Philly, Cincinnati
In addition, I think they could have eliminated one of those shows- central Indiana will go to Chicago, and most of the population in Pensylvania is clustered on the east side of the state neat Philly, so most Pennsylvania fans are going to Philly. If you head west of Pittsburg, those people would be drawn to Concinnatti or even Detroit. Simply put, too many stadium shows spread too thin in too many markets.
Take out the Pittsburg and KC shows, and all are selling well.

I agree with this wholeheartedly, as a guy that lives here.

So you understand first hand. I lived in the Columbus area at one point, so understand a little. Pittsburg is unique. It's not really a gritty midwestern rust belt city, however, it's not really an old east coast city either. It has its own "feel" and vibe. Although, I do wonder about the Cleveland market. I think the planners were assuming that the Pittsburgh show would pull heavily from the Cleveland market, which is pretty big and a reasonable assumption. I wonder if they do some more marketing up in Cleveland at the rock stations there if they would push some more tickets. I would be curious as to your thoughts about Cleveland, D-GenerationX. Or, a lot of Cleveland fans identify more with the grittiness of Detroit and wanted to be at the "first show."Huh IDK.

Ideally, the concert promoters would have had one big blow out in Cincinnati and scrapped Nashville and Pittsburgh. Then scrapped Kansas City and Glendale and just had a big blow out in Denver (Glendale is simply too close to San Diego and LA, too much competition). That would have been more strategic. Also, scrapping Nashville would have been better for the Atlanta market. Atlanta's MSA is pretty comparable to Detroit (5 million) and will pull from even further out.

A little tribal knowledge to address your point about Glendale and SD/LA; having driven from CA to AZ several dozen times, I really can't see people driving that far to see a show. It's basically a 5 hour drive one way (not counting LA traffic if you choose that show) and unless you bought your Southwest ticket a month ago, flying is out. Both shows are on a Monday so that could cut both ways--I guess you could head out Sunday or Monday and drive back Tuesday perhaps? Airbnb to keep the price down? How many people would take one or two days off work to see a show I wonder. As to LA/SD fans, from San Diego to LA on a Monday it will take you again, literally 5 hours. No joke. Maybe more. Getting through downtown LA is a nightmare. There's a reason Axl sang "this traffic is hell" in Bad Apples. You'd have to take off early from work, say around 2p and tailgate or get dinner around the stadium to make it work and don't forget you'll be hanging around the parking lot afterwards for a while as it empties. All that and then you get to drive back to SD (luckily it will be 1a so no traffic--yay!)

In short, LA fans may have traveled to SD--there's less people and the train will drop you pretty close to Qualcomm and it's a short trolley ride from there, but SD fans will most likely not to attempt to get to LA. And interstate travel is probably not very likely either.

I understand that if pushed, many, many people would brave the traffic and again, burn a precious vacation day to see this act if it was one night only in one location. But I think they were very smart in choosing these three locations IMO. That being said, I do wonder if they can pack Dodger stadium two nights in a row. I sure hope so! Smiley

« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 02:49:27 PM by Poops Magee » Logged

Inland Invasion 09/23/06
Gibson Amphitheater 12/20/06
T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, 2nd show, 04/09/16
Qualcomm Stadium, 8/22/16
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #144 on: July 01, 2016, 02:52:11 PM »

Another wonderful show. I'm not even sure we deserve this.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #145 on: July 01, 2016, 08:21:19 PM »

thank you.....my show in Atlanta is on a Wed so I don't expect much more than that. I also don't care! Gonna be awesome.

No way, man, the Georgia Dome is gonna be freaking packed. I'm hitting that show as well, coming in from out of town. This will be the first time the boys have played there since the late 80s as I recall (not counting the post-Slash incarnation of the band). Plus, Atlanta is a concert town! That's my two cents anyway.
lbock
Opening Act

« Reply #146 on: July 03, 2016, 09:09:06 PM »

The lower and middle decks seemed pretty packed to me. I think around 30,000 is a good guesstimate. It was a good crowd given the price of the tickets and that it was a Wednesday night. They would have gotten more casual fans if it was a weekend and the tickets were cheaper.

When GNR played KC in 2011, I'm pretty sure they closed off the upper deck of the Sprint Center. When they played the Midland in 2013 (3,600 seat capacity), they didn't sell out. I'm just happy they chose KC rather than skipping over it. Awesome show.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: