Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:04:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [UPDATES] July 9th, 2016 - Nashville, TN @ Nissan Stadium
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [UPDATES] July 9th, 2016 - Nashville, TN @ Nissan Stadium  (Read 44528 times)
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #160 on: July 10, 2016, 01:48:11 PM »

Just waking up from the show.
Couple things:
Axl fucking killed it - they all did!
Steven looked like a pig in shit. Happiest dude on the planet.
Chris Stapleton - whom I've only heard a few songs by - is bad ass and very complimentary to the Guns.
That place was fucking packed, including the nosebleed section, and certainly more people there than when the Titans play.
Now ... on to Atlanta for me!

Just out of curiosity: the ticketmaster map isn't for real?
I remember yesterday's show was having "slow sales" according to the map, but the stadium looked packed.
On the other hand, KC (I believe) seemed to be fine and in fact had the lowest attendance so far, I think.

Not sure what you mean by ticketmaster map. Out of curiosity, I checked on tickets for Nashville on Friday (I got mine when they were announced) and there were a lot of resales but nothing decent. I took some crowd shots but they're not that great. I can try to post some. But yes the place was jam packed. I don't know what the translates to. Even if it's 40k that's way more than The Bridgestone Arena could hold.

I mean the interactive maps on their site showing the seats sold/still available.
We were looking those maps to have an idea of how the shows were going.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #161 on: July 10, 2016, 02:08:41 PM »

Me and Jarmo!!!

First time I've seen a photo of Jarmo actually on this site.  Wonder if he'll let it stay?   Jarmo always struck me as the Wizard of Oz of webmasters, he operates strictly from behind the curtain.   hihi

NOTE TO JARMO: I hope D wasn't too confrontational about all the negative karma you've given him on the site....   nor for dubbing him the Deliverance Banjo Player!  Wink  Grin
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 02:29:24 PM by Bridge » Logged
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #162 on: July 10, 2016, 02:16:30 PM »

That picture is photoshopped. You can clearly see D's wearing a Sesor N Snug t-shirt.

adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #163 on: July 10, 2016, 02:25:33 PM »

The J man is a stud!!!!

Me and Jarmo!!!

First time I've seen a photo of Jarmo actually on this site.  Wonder if he'll let it stay?   Jarmo always struck me as the Wizard of Oz of webmasters, he operates strictly from behind the curtain.   hihi

NOTE TO JARMO: I hope D wasn't too confrontational about all the negative karma you've given him on the site....   Wink
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #164 on: July 10, 2016, 02:40:26 PM »

My guess is there was a 'Where's Izzy?' sign and Axl joked about the question.

Or someone just yelled "where's Izzy".  Axl did respond by saying "that's a good question, but that's all you're gonna get", and says that right after Steven's intro.  So it's very believable that someone yelled "Where's Izzy" and Axl heard it.

Why wouldnt it be easy? Takes 2 seconds for Frank and Steven to rotate in n out.

Takes longer than that and it's a hassle.  Besides, two different musicians being revolved would affect the flow in the fan's perceptions.  Don't get me wrong, I would love to hear Steven play everything that he originally recorded, but I agree it would disrupt the continuity of the show to switch drummers constantly.

We'd like to bring out a friend of ours a friend of yours.

....and a friend of all mankind's.  (Axl words)

Melissa almost look topless lol. Then i noticed the sheer bra.

I thought the same thing.   hihi
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #165 on: July 10, 2016, 03:16:08 PM »

Couple things:
Chris Stapleton - whom I've only heard a few songs by - is bad ass and very complimentary to the Guns.
That place was fucking packed, including the nosebleed section, and certainly more people there than when the Titans play.

Just out of curiosity: the ticketmaster map isn't for real?
I remember yesterday's show was having "slow sales" according to the map, but the stadium looked packed.
On the other hand, KC (I believe) seemed to be fine and in fact had the lowest attendance so far, I think.

Not sure what you mean by ticketmaster map. Out of curiosity, I checked on tickets for Nashville on Friday (I got mine when they were announced) and there were a lot of resales but nothing decent. I took some crowd shots but they're not that great. I can try to post some. But yes the place was jam packed. I don't know what the translates to. Even if it's 40k that's way more than The Bridgestone Arena could hold.

I mean the interactive maps on their site showing the seats sold/still available.
We were looking those maps to have an idea of how the shows were going.

There was nothing left in the lower sections except for some seats in front of the VIP cage/squared off area. Also nothing (or anything truly noticeable) in the lower two sections of the stadium. The very upper was packed and there were some seats up there.
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #166 on: July 10, 2016, 03:18:22 PM »

For the folks talking about Frank and Steve, read into this what you will but during the introductions last night after Axl introduced Frank, he said something to the extent of "he's been a member for 10 years" or something like that.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #167 on: July 10, 2016, 03:47:05 PM »

For the folks talking about Frank and Steve, read into this what you will but during the introductions last night after Axl introduced Frank, he said something to the extent of "he's been a member for 10 years" or something like that.

I wouldn't read too much into that besides that it's Axl publicly acknowledging/appreciating the CD-era guys since the fan focus is on the rejoining.  He's shown Richard similar luv.  Smiley

The J man is a stud!!!!
Though true, you'd best better back off if you think you can steal him away from his wife!!!  rant
Mrs. Jarmo will hunt you down like a dirty dog!!!

« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 04:05:36 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #168 on: July 10, 2016, 04:00:44 PM »

I wouldn't read too much into that besides that it's Axl publicly acknowledging/appreciating the CD-era guys since the fan focus is on the rejoining.  He's shown Richard similar luv. 

I agree.  Axl doesn't want the CD-era guys to be forgotten amid the madness, especially since their tenures have been considerably long, in some cases longer than original members.  I certainly don't interpret that as a knock on Steven or anything.  If anything, ALL of the people in the current lineup (Frank, Steven, Axl, Slash, etc) seem to be getting along really well with each other and seem to have put any past bullshit behind them.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #169 on: July 10, 2016, 04:17:58 PM »

I wouldn't read too much into that besides that it's Axl publicly acknowledging/appreciating the CD-era guys since the fan focus is on the rejoining.  He's shown Richard similar luv. 

I agree.  Axl doesn't want the CD-era guys to be forgotten amid the madness, especially since their tenures have been considerably long, in some cases longer than original members.  I certainly don't interpret that as a knock on Steven or anything.  If anything, ALL of the people in the current lineup (Frank, Steven, Axl, Slash, etc) seem to be getting along really well with each other and seem to have put any past bullshit behind them.

I'd add that he likes their work ethic and have proven beyond doubt that they are the real deal, sometimes just sometimes, when somebody slips into another's shoes, they are a better fit for them than for that of the original owner. In Richards case, not so much somebody else's shoes, but likewise with Dizzy fuckin' Reed, new shoes to go with the new mood Wink
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #170 on: July 10, 2016, 05:12:16 PM »

Man it would have been awesome to see Chris Stapleton cover "You Ain't the First," "Patience," or "Dust N Bones." But overall, there has been excellent press and reviews regarding Stapleton and GNR!!! The positive news just keeps rolling in.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/chris-stapleton-wins-over-guns-n-roses-fans-at-nashville-stunner-20160710

http://www.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/music/2016/07/10/guns-n-roses-rock-nashville-make-chris-stapletons-dream-come-true/86752596/
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #171 on: July 10, 2016, 05:18:47 PM »

Good points. Axl seems to really be doing this for some really good reasons:
1. He's healed his relationship with Slash-- forgiveness is psychologically, emotionally, and spiritually liberating and transformative
2. The musical and artistic passion and hunger and chemistry are "still there" and it feels amazing- nostalgia helps to combat the existentialism that creeps in with age, so he can defy his mortality
3. Money
4. Salvation and vindication of the GNR legacy
5. Continuity of legacy-- create historical congruence between all eras and line-ups of the bands
6. Artistic continuity-- a successful integration of all GNR albums so that the GNR discography is a seamless garment
7. All the money they roll in will help "clean the slate" so to speak regarding years of legal fees and CD production and delays
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #172 on: July 10, 2016, 06:33:59 PM »

Me and Jarmo!!!

NOTE TO JARMO: I hope D wasn't too confrontational about all the negative karma you've given him on the site....   nor for dubbing him the Deliverance Banjo Player!  Wink 

My karma was well earned! He is a super nice guy. This was the best concert ive ever seen.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #173 on: July 10, 2016, 08:19:15 PM »

Good points. Axl seems to really be doing this for some really good reasons:
1. He's healed his relationship with Slash-- forgiveness is psychologically, emotionally, and spiritually liberating and transformative
2. The musical and artistic passion and hunger and chemistry are "still there" and it feels amazing- nostalgia helps to combat the existentialism that creeps in with age, so he can defy his mortality
3. Money
4. Salvation and vindication of the GNR legacy
5. Continuity of legacy-- create historical congruence between all eras and line-ups of the bands
6. Artistic continuity-- a successful integration of all GNR albums so that the GNR discography is a seamless garment
7. All the money they roll in will help "clean the slate" so to speak regarding years of legal fees and CD production and delays

Agreed, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if they saw an uptick in sales of CD.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
GnRltf
Opening Act

« Reply #174 on: July 10, 2016, 08:34:32 PM »

The CD songs played well at the Chicago 1 show that I was fortunate enough to attend beer I could tell the people that couldn't sing along with the tunes wished they could! Axl sounds good on the songs and the band, Slash is the obvious update but the Duff and Melissa backing vocals are absolutely upgrades I think. Duff is such a big part of "that sound" and his backing vocals could never be duplicated! I'm kinda jealous of the nuGuns hold outs that are getting 3 new tunes...

See you in Boston!

02-12-1988
07-09-1988
09-12-1988
01-31-1992
08-25-1992
01-11-2002 canceled
11-13-2006
02-10-2012
02-12-2012
02-15-2012
11-17-2012
11-18-2012
06-04-2014
06-06-2014
07-01-2016
To be cont
ItsoEezee
Opening Act

« Reply #175 on: July 10, 2016, 10:56:31 PM »

Where is the Tshirt and poster?  I haven't seen it yet.  Anyone have a pic?
No clue as to what the significance is to Nashville.  Hopefully someone from there will enlighten us.

No idea but it looks like it was printed at a local shop in Nashville off of Music Row. I went there before and got a B.B. King print tour poster. Cool shop. Recommend a visiting if you are ever in the area. http://hatchshowprint.com

To be honest, I was underwhelmed when I saw the poster while waiting in the merch line.  Especially for what you get for $50 and seeing how sick Cincinnati's astronaut poster looks. 

BUT... after looking up Hatch Show Print posters and talking to some locals, I gained a greater appreciation.  If you google "hatch show print" you'll see all the iconic "old school" style promotional posters they've done.  Hatch is a Nashville company that has been doing this for over 100 years for thousands of bands across all genres.

FWIW, one guy stopped me on the way out of the show to look at my poster.  He was super pissed at himself for not buying one because it was made by Hatch.
ItsoEezee
Opening Act

« Reply #176 on: July 10, 2016, 11:19:03 PM »

Couple things:

I totally agree.  This was the best concert I've ever attended.  I was losing my mind during Paradise City when all the fireworks started going off.  The band absolutely crushed the AFD songs.  Do not miss a show if it is coming near you... totally worth the expensive tickets!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #177 on: July 10, 2016, 11:27:52 PM »

Melissa almost look topless lol. Then i noticed the sheer bra.

Lol...its actually a tan tank top!
Barely lol
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #178 on: July 11, 2016, 12:05:37 AM »

Hatch Show prints are the definitive icon of Nashville  and Music City. All the legendary country and honky tonk artists who played on the lower end of Broadway and the Ryman Auditorium had Hatch Show prints taken. They are a symbol of authentic American country music. Places like Tootsie's, the Ryman (original Grand Ol Opry), and the Stage are loaded with Hatch Show prints. Again, it is  the definitive symbol of Nashville and authentic country music that defined America in the mid-20 century. They are synonymous with Hank Williams, Ray Price, Lefty Frizzell, Ernest Tubb, Carter Family, Webb Pierce, Johnny Cash, George Jones, Wanda Jackson, and all the country music greats. It was a very intelligent and respectful move for GNR to have a Hatch Show print made in honor of their Nashville concert.

As I've said many times on this site, if Axl Rose plays his cards right, he can go down in history as one of the great American outlaws. He has more in common with Sister Rosetta Tharpe, Hank Wiliams, George Jones, Joe Cocker, Bob Seger, Ray Charles, Patsy Cline, Janis Joplin, and Aretha Franklin than he does with Ronnie Dio, Bruce Dickinson, Vince Neil, Tom Keifer, Rob Halford, Sebastian Bach, and Brian Johnson.

Axl is an all American soul singer.

Axl doesn't just make people rock. He makes people cry. He makes people have goose bumps. He can makes people feel the entire gamut of human emotion. He makes people confront their mortality. He makes the hair on our arms and neck stand up. He does things with his vocal chops that typical hard rock and heavy metal singer have never done. He moves the human spirit in the same way that Kris Kristofferson, Al Green, Bob Dylan, George Jones, Aretha Franklin, Waylon Jennings, Bessie Smith, Patsy Cline, Billie Holiday, Adelle, Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn, and Ray Charles do.

God bless Axl Rose.

Chris Stapleton, who clearly has his fingers on the pulse of real American blues, jazz, gospel, rock n roll, and country music, spoke very highly of Axl!! The review is below
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/chris-stapleton-on-meeting-axl-rose-in-nashville-he-was-a-gentleman-20160710
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 12:43:33 AM by SkeletorSerpent » Logged
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #179 on: July 11, 2016, 12:48:51 AM »

I don't know if this is been posted but I came across this rehearsal footage

https://youtu.be/SCmUl-XZYNc

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05