Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:46:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [Updates] July 23rd, 2016 East Rutherford, NJ @ Metlife Stadium (SOLD OUT)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Updates] July 23rd, 2016 East Rutherford, NJ @ Metlife Stadium (SOLD OUT)  (Read 60664 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #220 on: July 24, 2016, 02:28:44 PM »

Ms. Reese, like Tracy and Roberta before her, adds an amazing layer to the backing vocals that I think has been missing since the UYI days.  And I'm not even sure if I was AWARE that it felt missing.  Now, during a lot of the UYI material especially, there is another layer to the music that really adds a ton.  She sounds great, and her work on keys, if understated, is definitely felt when it's there. I really hope that she sticks around, and they get her in the studio to record new stuff. I'd LOVE to hear her in some album material...I think it would be gangbuster. And, of all the people up on that stage last night, I think I felt for her in the heat THE MOST.  Her thick, blue, eye makeup was just melting.  To the point where, I think, by the end of the show she'd just removed it.

And lastly, we get to Dizzy.  Dizzy was, as usual, the master of the keys.  I find it hard to heap praise on him, though he deserves it, because he does what Dizzy usually does: Fades into the night, while still having a dramatic effect on the music, and musicality, of everything being played.  He is the guy lurking in the background who jumps in just as he's needed to fill that much needed part to make it all sound perfect, and then slowly slinks away until it's time to save the day, again. He is the unsung superhero of GnR, and I love every minute of his work.

And last...the crowd. I honestly don't know how to put this into words.  They were, if anything, another member of the band last night.  I know it's cliche to say it...but last night, it was true.  For every ounce of energy Axl and the boys gave out, the crowd threw 10X that much back to them.  Axl would drive the crowd wild with a scream, or some rasp, or a spot on rendition...and the crowd would go fucking nuts, and it seemed to drive Axl to do it again, and again, and again.  Slash would rip out some crazy piece of sonic wizardry, the crowd would worship the guitar god appropriately, and he would almost take it as a dare to do something even more ridiculous 2 minutes later.  The crowd was fed and in turn fed the band.  It was like watching one, big, symbiotic game of tug of war.  And what made it all the better was that the vibe in the crowd was so cool.  We were all best friends, there to see what we never, ever thought we'd see again.  A resurrection, of sorts.  And while they might STILL be the most dangerous band alive...last night the crowed was the most unified crowd alive.  Singing along to every song (and to those who dis LALD and KOHD...the crowd sung so loud during those songs, it was almost deafening...they are HUGE pleasers of most of those 55k sitting there), snake dancing at every turn, with not a hint (that I saw) of aggression, or violence, or anything other than comraderie.  And I think (I hope) the band felt that too.  The love and excitement for GnR last night was as much of the experience as anything else.  It was an amazing thing to be part of and, honestly, it's something I'll remember for the rest of my life.  No show I've ever been to, and that includes some amazing Greatful Dead and Phish shows where community is part of the deal, has had that kind of feel to it.  So, big shout out to my fellow attendees last night....because you, as much as GnR, made this one for the ages.

By the end of the show...which I think was the PERFECT length...you could feel the energy starting to wane.  Some of it was the inevitable sadness that we all knew it was coming to an end.  Some of it was the BLISTERING heat and humidity that was finally starting to take it's toll, on both the crowd and the band.  Some of it was just the inevitability that comes with a 2.5 hour set that, really, has no significant slow down...no chance to recharge before the next amazing song starts it's opening notes.  But, along with that, came this weird feeling.  It was the feeling that we had all made it through this thing together, accomplished something amazing together.  It's almost like we, band and crowd alike, had just finished a marathon, in world record setting time, all as one entity.  It felt important. It felt monumental.  And as the last notes of Paradise City hit, and the crowd started to move toward the exits, we all sort of looked at each other and said "Holy shit...what just happened?".  Like the impossible had been completed, and we were all a part of history.  As the band came out for their curtain calls, every person in that arena STOPPED, on the stairs, in front of chairs, in aisles, wherever, and ROARED their approval.  ROARED their gratefulness. ROARED their overwhelming love and appreciation for what Guns N Roses had just done, what WE had just done.  It was.....almost spiritual, at least for me.

So yeah. Fuck you. Fuck them. Fuck everybody. Fuck the world.

Because last night, The most dangerous band alive put in their audition tape to be the biggest band on the planet. Again.

And it's one hell of a compelling audition. Mission. Fucking. Accomplished. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 02:54:12 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #221 on: July 24, 2016, 02:34:55 PM »

Amazing show. Worth every penny we paid.  Plus I took home the best souvenir in the stadium...AXL'S MIC!
wow, awesome! show us some pics! Smiley

Also....could they have been filming for live dvd, tonight?
why would you say that? what was different?

The shorter show length woukd fit a typical blu-ray run time, the sound and acoustics were the best i've ever heard, axl seemed on a mission, the pro shot live streamng of some of the songs, etc. I'm not saying they were, just wondering out loud.
Proshot live streaming? I missed that.. Did anyone record it?

Ι think he means the live video on the screens.

Negatory Big Ben (or big boromir, in this case).

Check their FB page. Wink

They had It's so Easy up, pro shot by Fernando (I think).  Isn't it still there?

Gypsy pointed it out a few pages back, I think.

That would make some pretty freaking awesome B-Roll cut ins for a live DVD. Wink

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #222 on: July 24, 2016, 02:53:44 PM »

Review says 55k. I think that's what we use for our "official" number. Wink

Together again,
GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #223 on: July 24, 2016, 03:33:31 PM »

One of the best nights of my lfe.  No words everyone did their thing and did it well.  🔫🌹🎩😍

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #224 on: July 24, 2016, 04:07:14 PM »

Ms. Reese, like Tracy and Roberta before her, adds an amazing layer to the backing vocals that I think has been missing since the UYI days.  And I'm not even sure if I was AWARE that it felt missing.  Now, during a lot of the UYI material especially, there is another layer to the music that really adds a ton.  She sounds great, and her work on keys, if understated, is definitely felt when it's there. I really hope that she sticks around, and they get her in the studio to record new stuff. I'd LOVE to hear her in some album material...I think it would be gangbuster. And, of all the people up on that stage last night, I think I felt for her in the heat THE MOST.  Her thick, blue, eye makeup was just melting.  To the point where, I think, by the end of the show she'd just removed it.

And lastly, we get to Dizzy.  Dizzy was, as usual, the master of the keys.  I find it hard to heap praise on him, though he deserves it, because he does what Dizzy usually does: Fades into the night, while still having a dramatic effect on the music, and musicality, of everything being played.  He is the guy lurking in the background who jumps in just as he's needed to fill that much needed part to make it all sound perfect, and then slowly slinks away until it's time to save the day, again. He is the unsung superhero of GnR, and I love every minute of his work.

And last...the crowd. I honestly don't know how to put this into words.  They were, if anything, another member of the band last night.  I know it's cliche to say it...but last night, it was true.  For every ounce of energy Axl and the boys gave out, the crowd threw 10X that much back to them.  Axl would drive the crowd wild with a scream, or some rasp, or a spot on rendition...and the crowd would go fucking nuts, and it seemed to drive Axl to do it again, and again, and again.  Slash would rip out some crazy piece of sonic wizardry, the crowd would worship the guitar god appropriately, and he would almost take it as a dare to do something even more ridiculous 2 minutes later.  The crowd was fed and in turn fed the band.  It was like watching one, big, symbiotic game of tug of war.  And what made it all the better was that the vibe in the crowd was so cool.  We were all best friends, there to see what we never, ever thought we'd see again.  A resurrection, of sorts.  And while they might STILL be the most dangerous band alive...last night the crowed was the most unified crowd alive.  Singing along to every song (and to those who dis LALD and KOHD...the crowd sung so loud during those songs, it was almost deafening...they are HUGE pleasers of most of those 55k sitting there), snake dancing at every turn, with not a hint (that I saw) of aggression, or violence, or anything other than comraderie.  And I think (I hope) the band felt that too.  The love and excitement for GnR last night was as much of the experience as anything else.  It was an amazing thing to be part of and, honestly, it's something I'll remember for the rest of my life.  No show I've ever been to, and that includes some amazing Greatful Dead and Phish shows where community is part of the deal, has had that kind of feel to it.  So, big shout out to my fellow attendees last night....because you, as much as GnR, made this one for the ages.

By the end of the show...which I think was the PERFECT length...you could feel the energy starting to wane.  Some of it was the inevitable sadness that we all knew it was coming to an end.  Some of it was the BLISTERING heat and humidity that was finally starting to take it's toll, on both the crowd and the band.  Some of it was just the inevitability that comes with a 2.5 hour set that, really, has no significant slow down...no chance to recharge before the next amazing song starts it's opening notes.  But, along with that, came this weird feeling.  It was the feeling that we had all made it through this thing together, accomplished something amazing together.  It's almost like we, band and crowd alike, had just finished a marathon, in world record setting time, all as one entity.  It felt important. It felt monumental.  And as the last notes of Paradise City hit, and the crowd started to move toward the exits, we all sort of looked at each other and said "Holy shit...what just happened?".  Like the impossible had been completed, and we were all a part of history.  As the band came out for their curtain calls, every person in that arena STOPPED, on the stairs, in front of chairs, in aisles, wherever, and ROARED their approval.  ROARED their gratefulness. ROARED their overwhelming love and appreciation for what Guns N Roses had just done, what WE had just done.  It was.....almost spiritual, at least for me.

So yeah. Fuck you. Fuck them. Fuck everybody. Fuck the world.

Because last night, The most dangerous band alive put in their audition tape to be the biggest band on the planet. Again.

And it's one hell of a compelling audition. Mission. Fucking. Accomplished. Smiley

Yes.....perfectly said!

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #225 on: July 24, 2016, 04:24:25 PM »

My ears are still ringing
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #226 on: July 24, 2016, 04:36:57 PM »

Just curious after last night what most prefer football stadiums or hockey arenas..Watching some of the upper side videos on YouTube makes it noticeable how big the stage and the gap between GA is...Last night was incredible, but GNR have always been incredible!! I loved the club shows, Brooklyn Bowl I actually was leaning in the stage in front of B-foot...But GNR should be playing bigger venues, so the question remains stadiums or arenas....
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #227 on: July 24, 2016, 04:42:48 PM »

Did Axl or anybody mention Slash's birthday onstage during the show?

Yes during introductions he said lets wish a happy birthday to ... Slash.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #228 on: July 24, 2016, 04:44:49 PM »

Awesome.  Any videos of this?
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #229 on: July 24, 2016, 04:50:08 PM »

https://youtu.be/5WrE58T9p4Y

By the way, this account has AMAZING videos. Excellent quality.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 05:04:34 PM by Factory Girl » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #230 on: July 24, 2016, 05:03:03 PM »

Just curious after last night what most prefer football stadiums or hockey arenas..Watching some of the upper side videos on YouTube makes it noticeable how big the stage and the gap between GA is...Last night was incredible, but GNR have always been incredible!! I loved the club shows, Brooklyn Bowl I actually was leaning in the stage in front of B-foot...But GNR should be playing bigger venues, so the question remains stadiums or arenas....

Both?

I honestly like both of them, pretty equally, for different reasons and at different times. You cant beat the crowd of a stadium show. After last night, i am totally convinced of that.

But arena shows give you the opportunty of a more intimate ecperience and better view. And thats cool, too.

And they can do both! Dependng on time of year, and amount of time for a tour, etc. so they don't really need to decide which type "forever". Wink

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #231 on: July 24, 2016, 05:47:06 PM »

So....i think the shorter show may have been train related. Someone said last train from metlife was 1:30, sharp. So that might have been why. Also heard someone say they were predicting tstorms after 1, but we never saw anything.

Shorter show? They played for nearly 2 hours and 45 minutes!!

They cut a song from the set list. I clocked it at about 2:30, not counting the curtain call/bows.

And keep in mind, i'm not complaining at all! The show was fucking amazing, and one song or 10 more min, wasn't going to have a whit if effect on that opinion. But folks were wondering why that song spot got cut and the show was a tiny bit shorter than the ones recently.  I'm just relaying what i heard "on the ground".
Yeah they cut Sorry/CITR. Not sure why. Maybe they'll play one of those tonight.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #232 on: July 24, 2016, 09:01:34 PM »

Great review pilferk. I know what you mean about the almost spiritual feeling.. This is really it. Smiley

MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #233 on: July 24, 2016, 09:40:00 PM »

https://youtu.be/5WrE58T9p4Y

By the way, this account has AMAZING videos. Excellent quality.

Who is this Markit Aneight person?!?  A-mazing vidoes from the Philly show and last night's show.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #234 on: July 24, 2016, 09:49:31 PM »

Amazing show. Worth every penny we paid.  Plus I took home the best souvenir in the stadium...AXL'S MIC!
wow, awesome! show us some pics! Smiley

why would you say that? what was different?

The shorter show length woukd fit a typical blu-ray run time, the sound and acoustics were the best i've ever heard, axl seemed on a mission, the pro shot live streamng of some of the songs, etc. I'm not saying they were, just wondering out loud.
Proshot live streaming? I missed that.. Did anyone record it?

Ι think he means the live video on the screens.

Negatory Big Ben (or big boromir, in this case).

Check their FB page. Wink

They had It's so Easy up, pro shot by Fernando (I think).  Isn't it still there?

Gypsy pointed it out a few pages back, I think.

That would make some pretty freaking awesome B-Roll cut ins for a live DVD
. Wink

I was thinking the SAME EXACT THING pilkerk.

Great review!

It was the first show I watched from start to finish on periscope. The sound was AMAZING!

The band was not even there, they were projecting in from some other planet. Crazy, crazy good!

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #235 on: July 25, 2016, 09:01:31 AM »

The quality here is incredible

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #236 on: July 25, 2016, 09:55:06 AM »

What a fucking show.  I've only recovered enough to even post this now (just barely).  Every ounce of my being was left in Metlife, my carcass was somehow dragged back home, not sure how.  For me the highlight was the Layla instrumental (during which I saw God) but also bittersweet because I knew we were closer to the end.  And that's the thing, it was too incredible for me to handle because I felt an actual sense of panic knowing that it would end and I could barely deal with it ending.  I wanted it to go on forever.  It was a state of euphoria that kept me in tune with all that was good in the world.  I didn't even notice the heat/humidity until seeing that my shirt was soaked through in sweat on the train ride home.  But anyway, what a fucking feeling. GNR for fucking ever.

zigthis
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #237 on: July 25, 2016, 02:25:31 PM »

Looks like Fox News took the police blotter from the Saturday night show - which was very typical for any 50,000+ event at that stadium - and tried to spin it as controversy:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/07/25/at-least-30-arrested-at-guns-n-roses-concert-in-new-jersey.html

rant
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #238 on: July 25, 2016, 02:34:50 PM »

It's time for a new "GET IN THE RING" song  smoking

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #239 on: July 25, 2016, 03:10:48 PM »

Looks like Fox News took the police blotter from the Saturday night show - which was very typical for any 50,000+ event at that stadium - and tried to spin it as controversy:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/07/25/at-least-30-arrested-at-guns-n-roses-concert-in-new-jersey.html

rant

Yeah it's all over the news now - though is it really typical for a show that big?

http://globalnews.ca/news/2845574/dozens-of-people-arrested-at-guns-n-roses-concert-in-new-jersey/
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: