Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 12:46:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228058 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [Updates] August 22nd, 2016 San Diego, CA @ Qualcomm Stadium
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Updates] August 22nd, 2016 San Diego, CA @ Qualcomm Stadium  (Read 23389 times)
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2016, 01:01:59 PM »

Yeah, TWAT sounds great. I do think the chorus should be more powerful, though

The part where they sing "Yeah there was a time, didn't wanna know it all...." is by far my favorite part on CD, and I think it lacks some power live

Other than that, this version is amazing, especially the solo and Axl's screams in the end  drool

I agree I was there and I thought it fell kinda flat. Sounded drowned out. 

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2016, 01:18:09 PM »

Yeah, TWAT sounds great. I do think the chorus should be more powerful, though

The part where they sing "Yeah there was a time, didn't wanna know it all...." is by far my favorite part on CD, and I think it lacks some power live

Other than that, this version is amazing, especially the solo and Axl's screams in the end  drool

I agree I was there and I thought it fell kinda flat. Sounded drowned out. 

This is a part where the whole band should be singing, and I only see Duff and maybe Melissa doin' it

It's not a hard part to sing, in fact, quite the opposite actually. So it they all sang it, maybe it would sound more powerful
Doofey
Headliner

« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2016, 02:13:52 PM »

I'm really going to miss watching the shows on periscope and chatting about them here Sad
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2016, 06:24:13 PM »

QUality is way too poor to judge twat

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2016, 06:32:08 PM »

I was there. It didn't sound good... But was very excited as I knew it was just the 2nd time with Slash. And I knew the song!  lol   All the CD songs except for maybe better the crowd wasn't really into. Having CD as the 3rd song really took the momentum down. 

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2016, 09:27:48 PM »

I was there. It didn't sound good... But was very excited as I knew it was just the 2nd time with Slash. And I knew the song!  lol   All the CD songs except for maybe better the crowd wasn't really into. Having CD as the 3rd song really took the momentum down. 

Not Even TIL ?

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
vladie75
Opening Act

« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2016, 11:17:53 PM »

TWAT was a total flop live in SD. Axl was completely drowned out. Anyone know why he stopped singing during TIL and UTLH??

What an awesome show though! Sound better than back in the day. And move around just as much! I saw them in Slane '92. It's like seeing them back then only minus the late starts and rants. True professionals now. I don't know how Axl can still do it but he can!
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2016, 11:46:50 PM »

Really!!? You didnt like Axl's rants!!? I love his rants...especially this one.

https://youtu.be/piiIVSQdoSE
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2016, 05:15:57 AM »

I love that they play this song live, it is my new Coma

I just Slash needs to practice it a little more.   Everytime  I hear them play it I think Buckethead kills another chicken    Save the chickens!
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2016, 05:42:13 PM »

Went to the San Diego concert and it was AMAZING!! But while we were on the way there and eventually leaving the Stadium parking lot, there were these obnoxious dudes running around and selling $5 - $10 T-shirts. Were these T-shirts official ? They were not the same as the ones being sold in the Merchandise Tent. I get the feeling they were fakes !? Anyone else see these guys?
Poops Magee
Headliner

« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2016, 07:11:00 PM »

I also attended this show. Bought tix and a hotel room last minute and braved traffic to get to San Diego on time...

I saw the second T-Mobile show in Vegas and this, the last show on the tour, and can say that both had major highlights distinct from the other. Both shows share the #1 and #2 spots in my best-concert-of-my-life category. That being said, I thought the raw energy of the band and Axl's voice were crazy at Vegas and the precariousness of the whole thing gave the show an intense vibe. San Diego on the other hand showed us a band that was so well oiled they made Vin Diesel's arms look like uh- not as well oiled I guess. The set was much tighter with minimal wasted effort. For example, I noticed that they shortened the Fortus/Slash duo thing and it kept the crowd more engaged. For us super-fans, the new additions all got the obligatory "no way, I can't believe they're playing _____!" Really cool.

On YouTube clips: You cannot imagine how freaking powerful and loud the music/vocals are until you are there in person. It may not make for a great recorded version, but the music is so commanding at the show that you don't (really) hear the busted notes or notice the non-super-fan-worthy vocals. It's just so captivating and fun.

About the songs mentioned above: I think he stopped singing on Used To Love Her because Slash started to solo-which kinda felt closer to the original version. Even as hydrated as I was, TWAT struggled to get off the ground and was given a respectable but not overly enthusiastic response. But hey, it was the encore and they came back out after literally 2 minutes. No messing about with 10 mins of screaming for more (which I happily do by the way-hey, you have to earn it!).

Simply amazing. I would even recommend taking a non-super fan to the show-it's that good.

Inland Invasion 09/23/06
Gibson Amphitheater 12/20/06
T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, 2nd show, 04/09/16
Qualcomm Stadium, 8/22/16
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2016, 07:54:16 PM »

Went to the San Diego concert and it was AMAZING!! But while we were on the way there and eventually leaving the Stadium parking lot, there were these obnoxious dudes running around and selling $5 - $10 T-shirts. Were these T-shirts official ? They were not the same as the ones being sold in the Merchandise Tent. I get the feeling they were fakes !? Anyone else see these guys?

Oh yes of course they're not official. Counterfeit all the way. I've been to the Q, the Murph before that over 150 times, mostly Chargers games, Padre games for the downtown stadium and concerts back in the day and those guys are always around selling counterfeit shirts before and after the game. 

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2016, 09:32:07 AM »

I really love hearing twat played.    \

I love how Slash hasn't tried to put a spin on it and is playing it as close as he can to the original 

I do wish one day Bucket will get invited back for a couple of songs.   To me nothing beats 2002
I strongly doubt Buckethead would play the ending solo as close to the original one as Bumblefoot. The only solo he kinda played the same every night was KOHD (which was AMAZING).

Anyone know why he stopped singing during TIL and UTLH??
From what I saw on YouTube, he stopped in UTLH because Slash actually played the solo earlier than what he was supposed to.

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2016, 11:29:13 AM »

From what I saw on YouTube, he stopped in UTLH because Slash actually played the solo earlier than what he was supposed to.

Thought the same.

Which, unfortunately is what happens when you only do a song every blue moon.  Partly why I can't give full throated calls to unearth some rarity they never do.  Odds are it will sound pretty rough.  I imagine if they did TWAT on the regular, it would sound better.  But once every 3-4 months, is going to be a work in progress, and sound like it.

I have a Pearl Jam bootleg where someone yells out a song title and Eddie says "honestly, we haven't played that in years and I'm not sure we even remember it."

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2016, 11:45:56 AM »

Thought the same.

Which, unfortunately is what happens when you only do a song every blue moon.  Partly why I can't give full throated calls to unearth some rarity they never do.  Odds are it will sound pretty rough.  I imagine if they did TWAT on the regular, it would sound better.  But once every 3-4 months, is going to be a work in progress, and sound like it.

I have a Pearl Jam bootleg where someone yells out a song title and Eddie says "honestly, we haven't played that in years and I'm not sure we even remember it."

There is 21 hours left out for the day that the band isn't on stage.  Tons of time to practice.   

Guns has a tiny backlog of original music.   They should be able to master any song live.   

Especially if they have a set list with only a couple of additional songs to choose from.   I don't know perhaps Prato e those songs that you do not play live every night'. 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2016, 12:01:57 PM »

There is 21 hours left out for the day that the band isn't on stage.  Tons of time to practice.   

Don't let common sense and logic get in the way of whining....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2016, 12:22:26 PM »

Ah, always a hallmark of this band.  Extensive rehearsals and frequent releases.

GNR in a nutshell, right there.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2016, 12:23:30 PM »

Don't let common sense and logic get in the way of whining....

So its your contention that is what they are doing, then?

Don't lob your little passive aggressive grenade and then scurry back into the woodpile.  Defend it.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2016, 12:36:38 PM »

Ah, always a hallmark of this band.  Extensive rehearsals and frequent releases.

GNR in a nutshell, right there.

Don't forget the months previous before the tour   While they were not touring.....   24hrs in those days.  To you know. Umm praactice....

Or don't forget the fact they wrote the songs!!!!!!!!!   

But I am not saying they don't sound good/great on 87% of the music.   They do. 

I just do not like the excuse of they don't play a song live all the time it won't sound good.

A football team uses a select play only once every 3 games.   Thy are expected to nail it

A magician uses a trick every couple of shows.   He is expected to nail it.     

Both overly practice to nail them.     And hell te QB on the team probably didn't even write the play!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2016, 12:42:27 PM »

'Coma' really sounded great right from that first Vegas show.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: