Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 05:43:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [Updates] Nov 11, 2016 S?o Paulo, Brazil @ Allianz Parque Stadium
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Updates] Nov 11, 2016 S?o Paulo, Brazil @ Allianz Parque Stadium  (Read 10230 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2016, 09:12:35 PM »

Everybody Knows!!! (RIP Leonard Cohen)

Did the band play it or just what was playing over the loudspeakers as they exited?

Loudspeakers

slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2016, 09:31:06 PM »

It's a shame they're not mixing it up more.
Obviously these big shows can't be changed as easily but it's Axls call and he did it with AC/DC
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2016, 09:35:05 PM »

Anybody got was Axl saying after Dont Cry? He said something about recording the song with Steven and a Gun.

Axl said something to the affect that he was laughing while singing that because something like they were recently reminiscing about when they were recording that song originally in Hollywood they were driving the engineer crazy, especially Steven, so the engineer pulled a gun on them and, unlike Ryan Lochte (Olympic swimmer), the engineer's gun was real .... or something like that.  I really couldn't understand what exactly he was saying.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
McKenzie
Headliner

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2016, 09:54:19 PM »

I just read that they showed a Leonard Cohen pic on the screen after the concert.
sakuL
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2016, 06:03:37 AM »

Anybody got was Axl saying after Dont Cry? He said something about recording the song with Steven and a Gun.

Axl said something to the affect that he was laughing while singing that because something like they were recently reminiscing about when they were recording that song originally in Hollywood they were driving the engineer crazy, especially Steven, so the engineer pulled a gun on them and, unlike Ryan Lochte (Olympic swimmer), the engineer's gun was real .... or something like that.  I really couldn't understand what exactly he was saying.

when somebody finds a link of that, please share
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2016, 07:10:19 AM »

OMG
WHAT A SHOW
WHAT A BAND
WHAT A RAIN

SPEECHLESS

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2016, 09:51:49 AM »

The red balloons in November Rain was trully magic. Awesome idea from the social networks.

I think Slash's sound was a bit too muffled at least from where I was. Richard's leads sounded much clearer in the mix. The audience went nuts the first few times Slash had a solo, so that contributed. This is by far the wildest reaction I see in a show. Also lots of people singing every single song, including CD songs.

Axl's voice was spot on to me. Even in the first half of Better I thought it was amazing.

My personal highlight of the show was Estranged. I can't believe how awesome this song sounded last night. And obviously, Coma was fucking hard. That bass riff...

Im sorry I wasnt able to update here more. I was planning to Periscope it, but had to save battery phone to get in touch with people and to call an Uber to get back home.

OMG
WHAT A SHOW
WHAT A BAND
WHAT A RAIN

SPEECHLESS
I know right? Grin

It's a shame they're not mixing it up more.
Obviously these big shows can't be changed as easily but it's Axls call and he did it with AC/DC
I must say, this is only my second GNR show ever. To me it was the first time listening Estranged, Civil War, Coma, Don't Cry and Double Talkin' Jive live. Obviously, also my first time with Slash, Duff and Axl lineup (I lived in another city back in 90s and was too young and poor to go to Rio or São Paulo). I have zero complaint about the setlist, it was 100% expected and 100% welcome. I love There Was A Time, but I wanted to see Coma that much more.

And this is me, who watched Periscopes and bootlegs from the NA tour. The obvious majority there didn't. I remember a guy going nuts because they played Civil War, which should be pretty much a given by now. Also, remember that tonight they will play here again, so it's safe to say they may add a change or two.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 09:53:43 AM by Voodoochild » Logged

GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2016, 10:58:25 AM »

From the other GNR fan site ( http://gnrtruth.proboards.com/thread/5880/tonights-show ):

"11 hours ago mojo said:
Replay This- "Look at the Fear Trump's Feeding"

Cheesy👍👍 Go Axl!!!

At 1:15

www.periscope.tv/w/avUPXDFkclFlWmVBdnFiS2J8MUJSSmpBTG5SZ1dHd2BrDdexmPyCs3B3IBSaE_94U-oax5L0qGb8qIPXV3oi "

Axl mentioning Trump in Civil War is my fave highlight  ok
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2016, 11:09:07 AM »

Yeah, I was there. It really was amazing.
I also went to see the Porto Alegre show and it was not even close to what happened last night. I was right in the front, on Slash's side. There's nothing I can say to describe the feeling of seeing these 3 together. They were all in great spirits, the rain and the red balloons were very special. I hope Kat took a few shots, cause the stadium was just beautiful with the red balloons. I haven't found a video/picture yet that shows how beautiful it really was.
I'll be in Rio, so I still have one more show to go.
matty29
Headliner

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2016, 12:30:06 PM »

Everybody Knows!!! (RIP Leonard Cohen)

Did the band play it or just what was playing over the loudspeakers as they exited?

Loudspeakers

Anyone have a clip of this?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2016, 01:27:28 PM »

I hope Kat took a few shots, cause the stadium was just beautiful with the red balloons. I haven't found a video/picture yet that shows how beautiful it really was.
I recorded this, hope it helps:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMtoEYBFZlxG0wKt3aaqykKfEz7CAUEAxKIU540/

RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2016, 02:03:38 PM »

I didn?t take a single picture, I just filmed 2 short clips. I was so happy, so emotional and so drunk!

WTTJ (short clip - with me singing Grin)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMtlHnAhyK3/

NR (short clip)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMthEiBBgGE/

Boromir
VIP

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2016, 03:38:19 PM »

I hope Kat took a few shots, cause the stadium was just beautiful with the red balloons. I haven't found a video/picture yet that shows how beautiful it really was.

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2016, 04:14:38 PM »

I didn?t take a single picture, I just filmed 2 short clips. I was so happy, so emotional and so drunk!

WTTJ (short clip - with me singing Grin)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMtlHnAhyK3/

NR (short clip)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMthEiBBgGE/

Thanx Bruno and Renato. Glad to see you both had a blast.

It's good to see some veteran forum members getting this excited about going to a show. I can't wait to see GNR coming to Europe next year.
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2016, 04:36:30 PM »

Watching some of the footage on YouTube  from the South American shows looks fkn amazing,Axls voice is incredible seems he can really turn it on when he has to and the crowds are really crazy which is rubbing off on the band.Can't wait till they hit Europe hopefully a new album is in the pipeline but I'd imagine they will wait until this nostalgic tour has run its course before anything new comes out.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2016, 05:10:08 PM »

I just read that they showed a Leonard Cohen pic on the screen after the concert.

From Folha de Sao Paulo, biggest Brazilian journal.
By the way, they wrote a review soon after the gig. They said the performance yesterday was "spetacular", but they were pretty idiotic towards CD songs and era:

http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/ilustrada/2016/11/1831749-sob-chuva-forte-guns-n-roses-faz-show-espetacular-para-45-mil-em-sp.shtml

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2016, 12:35:45 AM »

Funny, I was just recently wondering how GNR may have voted in the election. Slash definitely seems more liberal, with his love of animal rights organizations and such. Axl seems like he could go either way, with a song like "One In a Million", but he can also be open minded depending on the situation. Being Californians their whole lives probably edges it toward liberal.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: