Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 01:28:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N Roses Having Trouble Selling Tickets for 2020 Tour
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N Roses Having Trouble Selling Tickets for 2020 Tour  (Read 16165 times)
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2020, 01:23:01 PM »

That was probably when people were paying $10-20 for plastic discs with music on them.....

/jarmo

Yep.  Unfortunately, artists just don’t make money on albums like they used to.  Therefore, bands put a higher price on concert tickets, which then allows ticket companies to charge more as well.

OR...it’s all George H. W’s fault.  😁

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2020, 01:41:42 PM »

Foo Fighters just announced their tour as well. Sort of amazed how saturated the market is this summer.

Not on the same level but heard Faith No More & Korn are touring together as well

Foo fighters, Faith No More/Korn, Nick Cave, and Def Leppard/ZZ Top all practically announced at the same time. I’ve never seen a summer like this one. Even The Rolling Stones are doing back to back North American Summer tours. Usually they go to Europe or sit out the summer.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2020, 01:49:06 PM »

Foo Fighters just announced their tour as well. Sort of amazed how saturated the market is this summer.

Not on the same level but heard Faith No More & Korn are touring together as well

Foo fighters, Faith No More/Korn, Nick Cave, and Def Leppard/ZZ Top all practically announced at the same time. I’ve never seen a summer like this one. Even The Rolling Stones are doing back to back North American Summer tours. Usually they go to Europe or sit out the summer.

Somewhere in a tanning bed deep inside a Whitehouse bunker, Trump just took credit for the explosive increase in this summer of tours
 hihi
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2020, 02:44:48 PM »

Somewhere in a tanning bed deep inside a Whitehouse bunker, Trump just took credit for the explosive increase in this summer of tours
 hihi

😁

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2020, 02:52:27 PM »

Weird combination.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2020, 04:51:00 PM »

If the year pans out right, it will be an extraordinary year for albums and for tours and Guns have to be a part of that. Exciting times  beer
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2020, 04:57:53 PM »

I saw GNR in 2017 at US Bank Stadium, which is a football stadium.  It sold out at around 50k tickets, but it was a slow burn.   The show in my area this year will be at Target Field, which is a baseball stadium.   I thought baseball stadiums were good "middle ground"  between an Arena and a football stadium?   Meaning football stadiums are in that 40-50k range and baseball stadiums were in the 25-35k range.  I noticed this leg has more baseball stadiums and at least one arena (the FargoDome is an arena more than stadium). Even though the tour is being sold as a huge stadium tour, it seems the venues are smaller than 16/17 overall?  Maybe that is a sign "they"  know what they are doing?

Back in the faux GNR days,  ticket sales (or lack thereof) were always a big talker on the forums in those days (I don't visit the forums much anymore).  Funny how things haven't changed.  

If they keep touring,  I will keep going.  
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 05:01:30 PM by JuicySwoos » Logged

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
guitarphix
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2020, 07:08:20 PM »

Just remember that ticketmaster and Live Nation throttles their ticket sales.  What that means is that they have a marketing strategies on how to sell the most tickets for a venue.  Just because it looks like a lot of the tickets for certain venues are sold, odds are they are not to create urgency to the ticket buyer making them think that they need to hurry up and buy tickets immediately.  Then they will slowly release blocks of tickets until it gets closer to the event.  They will also start groupon deals or lower the ticket prices all together.  In most cases usually the ga pit tickets are the first to go having them still be available is a little strange for a lot of venues.   The only shows that are confirmed hard sellouts is the Billie Eillish tour.  Happy hunting!
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2020, 07:34:05 PM »

Just remember that ticketmaster and Live Nation throttles their ticket sales.  What that means is that they have a marketing strategies on how to sell the most tickets for a venue.  Just because it looks like a lot of the tickets for certain venues are sold, odds are they are not to create urgency to the ticket buyer making them think that they need to hurry up and buy tickets immediately.  Then they will slowly release blocks of tickets until it gets closer to the event.  They will also start groupon deals or lower the ticket prices all together.  In most cases usually the ga pit tickets are the first to go having them still be available is a little strange for a lot of venues.   The only shows that are confirmed hard sellouts is the Billie Eillish tour.  Happy hunting!

So this doesn’t apply for the cities that aren’t selling well.  Kinda makes it even worse.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
guitarphix
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2020, 11:50:30 AM »

Agreed.  It's the  internet.  You can't truly believe anything, even the 2nd hand market seats are mostly owned by ticketmaster subsidiaries. The lack of buzz is a bummer for it.  I unfortunately can't help myself so I'll probably go anyways lol
outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2020, 03:27:57 PM »

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl "gnr central".  Nuff said.   hihi
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2020, 05:13:30 PM »

Looking back at how things are selling in Philadelphia, a high portion of the cheaper seats have sold, it’s only when you get to the first level and floor when you start to see it really open up with availability.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2020, 10:34:03 PM »

I had the hardest time getting 2 pit tickets for Detroit......I just went on live nation and I could of bought 2 right now at face value?Huh how can this be
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2020, 12:24:01 AM »

I had the hardest time getting 2 pit tickets for Detroit......I just went on live nation and I could of bought 2 right now at face value?Huh how can this be

Tickets are often released in blocks. Even the pit is sometimes divided up into "sections" for the purposes of sales, even in cases where it's GA. Once sections fill up more are released. I've also seen cases where a block or two are held back and released late to combat scalpers but doubt that is the case so far out from the show.
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2020, 03:29:44 AM »

Tickets are often released in blocks. Even the pit is sometimes divided up into "sections" for the purposes of sales, even in cases where it's GA. Once sections fill up more are released. I've also seen cases where a block or two are held back and released late to combat scalpers but doubt that is the case so far out from the show.
I hear you. but I have seen every local show( near me) since the triad reunion. and this is by far the lowest buzz. I'm not saying gloom or doom yet, but something needs to happen to generate more Interest. In my opinion
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2020, 09:31:49 AM »

Were you going through Live Nation initially?  I'm pretty sure any other source is secondary market.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 11:48:39 AM by LunsJail » Logged

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2020, 01:05:22 PM »

The NA shows are close to 6 months away. That's half a year.  Most people dont like to make plans that far in advance.  Just because they aren't selling as fast as the 2016 shows, doesnt mean they are "having a hard time". 
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2020, 01:49:12 PM »

I will literally wait until the week of the show then see what's available. No threat of it selling out. I don't think I am the only one in my age group who does that.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2020, 03:01:58 PM »

Were you going through Live Nation initially?  I'm pretty sure any other source is secondary market.
yes. I got 2 from the Nighttrain presale. I then looked the following 2 weeks and never were Pit tickets available again. then as of last night I randomly clicked on and could of gotten them for the face value. I guess they held some back for some reason? I see no other explanation
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: