Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:15:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Covid-19 (not gnr related)
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 (not gnr related)  (Read 151257 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #880 on: May 04, 2021, 04:51:24 PM »

My former employer is going back in the office on May 17th with face to face client contact starting.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #881 on: May 10, 2021, 08:17:36 PM »

FDA approves vaccine for 12 - 15 year olds. CDC should adopt that approval within the next day or two.  Likely shots in arms around the country by the weekend.

This basically means the last member of our family....and the one at the most risk because of her chronic ARDS...will be able to be vaccinated!

Four of the five of us are already fully vaxxed.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
cineater
Legend

« Reply #882 on: May 10, 2021, 11:08:02 PM »

FDA approves vaccine for 12 - 15 year olds. CDC should adopt that approval within the next day or two.  Likely shots in arms around the country by the weekend.

This basically means the last member of our family....and the one at the most risk because of her chronic ARDS...will be able to be vaccinated!

Can you have her checked to be sure the vaccine is working?  The reason I ask, is most transplant patients for some reason aren't building up immunity.  You probably understand that better but I was wondering if people with other chronic problems are having similar issues?

Here I was worried that everyone would get vaccinated before they got to my group and people aren't getting it.  I think it's around a third of adults are vaccinated.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #883 on: May 11, 2021, 01:04:06 PM »

Can you have her checked to be sure the vaccine is working?  The reason I ask, is most transplant patients for some reason aren't building up immunity.  You probably understand that better but I was wondering if people with other chronic problems are having similar issues?

Here I was worried that everyone would get vaccinated before they got to my group and people aren't getting it.  I think it's around a third of adults are vaccinated.

ARDS = Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome.  It's like Asthma on steroids (well, actually it's like Asthma OFF steroids and 10 times worse).  Just for those wondering.  I slip into "medical-ese" sometimes...professional hazard. In rereading my reply I should have pointed it out.

Can't really "test" vaccine effectiveness without getting vaccinated.  From the data I've seen, I'm pretty sure it will be fine and she'll build immunity.  Transplant patients have some very specific issues (including their use of antirejection drugs and immuno supressors to prevent rejection) that effect not just COVID vaccines, but things like flu shots and other medications that interact with their immune system.  No issue with our youngest on that front. 

In CT, about 70% have gotten at least their first dose.  We're just over 50% of adults who are fully vaxxed.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #884 on: May 12, 2021, 05:16:15 PM »

Just scheduled my youngest for her first dose, tomorrow!

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #885 on: May 12, 2021, 11:45:43 PM »

Just scheduled my youngest for her first dose, tomorrow!

Must be a very big relief for you and your family.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #886 on: May 13, 2021, 06:58:37 AM »

Yes.

Second shot June 3rd. That's when I'll heave a big sigh of relief.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #887 on: May 13, 2021, 07:28:21 AM »

Yes.

Second shot June 3rd. That's when I'll heave a big sigh of relief.

I'll bet, i hope all goes well and she doesn't have much in the way of side effects with either shot.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #888 on: May 13, 2021, 09:34:02 PM »

No more mask and social distancing for me.  Not sure how I feel about that but I've been really bad about remembering my mask lately because I'm spending so much time outside.  I'm getting harassed about wearing sun screen.  hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #889 on: May 31, 2021, 11:28:00 PM »

Almost forgot about covid.  I'm back to doing everything I did.  The stores have quit requiring masks.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #890 on: June 02, 2021, 08:54:31 PM »

It all happens at once.  hihi  My niece gave birth 3 weeks early.  Limited visitors to 2 because of covid.  Wedding is Friday.  150 people, no masks required.  Confusing times.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #891 on: June 06, 2021, 02:44:42 PM »

I hope we didn't kill anybody but we had a crowd that was ready to party.   hihi  Lots of hugging, crowded dance floor and groups in the photo booth.  Even the 80 year old grandmas got in on it.   Cheesy

My daughter texts me in the morning, where's our stuff?  Good stuff nicely arranged in the house, other stuff in the back of his truck, your phone and purse in this car behind the bar.  Doesn't remember the designated bridesmaid calling me at 2:15 to let me know they were home safe and totally wasted, and to track her missing phone.   hihi  Can throw a safe, wild party.  Nothing I could do about covid but to pump these folks full of alcohol and hope it killed the bug going in.   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #892 on: June 09, 2021, 12:24:48 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/karen.platzer.33/videos/10165317170805437
And there's the pumped full of alcohol.  hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #893 on: June 14, 2021, 03:44:53 PM »

I guess covid is over?  I'm starting to look at those people who still have covid restrictions in place and wonder why.  Some of them just seem like they have made up their own rules.  One place wants me to wipe the restroom down before and after using?  I thought wiping surfaces went by the way side a long time ago.  I don't think washing your hands, while always a good practice, is being put out there any more.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #894 on: June 15, 2021, 08:38:39 AM »

Even here in Sweden, a country with very little restrictions (mainly no big events and restaurants close earlier), they have relaxed recommendations.

They recommended masks on public transport, no one seemed to care to begin with, that's been rolled back...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #895 on: June 15, 2021, 09:27:57 AM »

Even here in Sweden, a country with very little restrictions (mainly no big events and restaurants close earlier), they have relaxed recommendations.

They recommended masks on public transport, no one seemed to care to begin with, that's been rolled back...

/jarmo

How were your covid numbers and vaccination numbers?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #896 on: June 15, 2021, 09:40:31 AM »

Compared to the neighbors who did lock downs, deaths are way higher. Sweden has over 14,500 deaths. Denmark in second place, with roughly half the population, has over 2,500...

Vaccinations are about the same. Half of the Swedish population has gotten at least one shot.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #897 on: June 23, 2021, 06:21:24 PM »

I am 41 years old and I finally got the first dose of the covid vaccine, AstraCeneca by the way, yesterday I spent all day in bed due to fever and body pain, today I woke up better. I hope the second dose in 8 weeks will be the same or less painful.

In this part of Mexico it is still required to comply with sanitary measures, although a good part of the people walk through the streets without a mask, unless you need to enter a store, hospital or office, you will have to use it and apply gel on your hands.

peace
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #898 on: June 24, 2021, 02:13:26 PM »

That's great news. Smiley

Our case numbers are declining, like last summer. But now with the vaccinations under way, that's also helping.

/jarmo

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #899 on: June 25, 2021, 12:24:46 AM »

Our numbers are going down but the caveat is the Delta variant is on the rise and is responsible for most of the current cases, hospitalizations and deaths, especially in states with lower vaccination rates. it is rising also in some states with higher vaccination rates like California. Not by much but concerning if it continues. 99.8% of the deaths are now among unvaccinated people in LA county.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: