Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:58:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Covid-19 (not gnr related)
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 (not gnr related)  (Read 151266 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1000 on: December 23, 2021, 03:50:57 PM »

If you get omicron does that mean you probably won't get one of the worse ones?

Well fuck, the kid is now on standby for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

I would say nobody knows, not even experts. It is impossible to predict how any future variant will act.

Well that sucks, hope she stays safe and healthy.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1001 on: December 23, 2021, 06:48:18 PM »

If you get omicron does that mean you probably won't get one of the worse ones?

Well fuck, the kid is now on standby for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

I would say nobody knows, not even experts. It is impossible to predict how any future variant will act.

Well that sucks, hope she stays safe and healthy.

She still doesn't know.  They did take a poll of which day they would prefer to get called in on.  Depends on how many people call off tomorrow morning.  Tomorrow is the family party.  We can move our Christmas Day party to Sunday.  Always better to delay.  Good news, his grandma is getting out of the hospital Christmas Day.  But shhh, the weather is nice and the kids are showing up on the motorcycle.  Always freaks my mother out.  I'm not a fan of in town riding but there's so little time for that kind of thing.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1002 on: December 25, 2021, 09:42:55 AM »

Almost made it.  She was late for the start of shift but it came down to the wire.  Better to be the nurse on Christmas then the patient.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1003 on: December 26, 2021, 01:23:43 PM »

That actually was a gift for the kid.  She doesn't get to do patient care very often.  She was so busy we didn't hear from her all day and she didn't get any breaks.  Several patients told her she was the best nurse they ever had.  True that, she's the nurse you want looking after you.  And right towards the end of the shift she had to admit an old boy friend.   hihi  The one she'd "still like to punch in the face".  He was all happy to see her and disappointed she wouldn't be his nurse the rest of the night.  Men  Roll Eyes

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1004 on: January 06, 2022, 06:24:53 PM »

I wouldn't do a covid test unless I had one of the home kits.  If I'm sick I'm staying home.  Especially not running out to a place where there likely are people who do have covid are at.

I don't think I need a test on hand but I did get a call asking me to run to a neighbors house to pick up a test and drop it at another neighbors house so somebody could prove they were okay to go back to work.  Felt like some kind of drug deal, who's got the shit?   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1005 on: January 10, 2022, 06:34:25 PM »

Forget management, my daughter is pulling weekend shifts with large pay bonuses.  Today they announced a retention bonus payable now and more to come.  Wondering if eventually some of these hospitals are going to have to declare bankruptcy having to pay out the overtime for staffing shortages.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1006 on: January 15, 2022, 12:22:55 PM »

My daughter tested positive.  Feels like she has a cold with a sore throat, slight fever.  I was expecting her to tell me she had a positive pregnancy test.  hihi

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1007 on: January 15, 2022, 11:04:24 PM »

My daughter tested positive.  Feels like she has a cold with a sore throat, slight fever.  I was expecting her to tell me she had a positive pregnancy test.  hihi

We're all getting over it too. My uncle got it and passed it all on to us. He had to be on a ventilator for a few hours, then oxygen for a few days. My mom got the worst of it. She was pretty sick for a few days. The rest of us got only minor symptoms.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1008 on: January 15, 2022, 11:10:29 PM »

We're all getting over it too. My uncle got it and passed it all on to us. He had to be on a ventilator for a few hours, then oxygen for a few days. My mom got the worst of it. She was pretty sick for a few days. The rest of us got only minor symptoms.

Were they vaccinated?

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1009 on: January 20, 2022, 11:54:04 PM »

Were they vaccinated?

My uncle was the only one not vaccinated and got the worst of it needing a ventilator and oxygen.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1010 on: January 21, 2022, 12:37:04 AM »

My daughter is cleared to return to work tomorrow but she still has no smell or taste.  How long does that last?

They said my county was at 41% positivity rate.  I think that means of the people tested and not the total population.  That's triple what it was last year at our highest peek but hospitalizations and deaths are down.  31 percent are under age 18.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1011 on: January 28, 2022, 12:42:05 PM »

That's weird.  I've been having dizzy spells which I attribute to fluid in my ear.  My mom calls today and she has dizziness.  I haven't seen her since Christmas but we've both been out in public.  While it's not a major symptom of covid, it is one.  It seems likely we'd both react to covid in a similar way.  Wondering if we have a mild case or didn't notice we had it and this is an after effect. 

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1012 on: February 04, 2022, 11:58:49 AM »

My daughter sent me a picture of the bed she put in her office.   hihi  Short staffed and a winter storm, the managers were required to spend a couple of nights at the hospital to cover staffing shortages.  Only has herself to blame.  She was on the side arguing that managers needed to start helping cover the staff shortage.

They say suicided by overdosing is up in seniors due to covid isolation.  I don't know if my college friend was one of those or if he did it by accident.  His addictions have been trying to kill him since the 80's.  One of those, I've been expecting that news for years but are you sure?  It's all through the grapevine and just now getting to me.  Yeah, you would think I would have known but no.  Helped when I could but just toxic to be around.  I can't explain it any better than that. 

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1013 on: February 08, 2022, 10:26:49 AM »

After almost two years of restrictions, Sweden is removing all restrictions tomorrow.

The number of new cases is still high, but people have either got the vaccine or had Covid and therefore it's ok to open up.

Hoping for a more normal summer.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1014 on: February 15, 2022, 06:51:47 PM »

Holy shit, they might have cured a woman of HIV.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1015 on: February 17, 2022, 07:09:03 PM »

Got my Medicare card.  Holy shit I'm old.  Cheesy  Now I have to decide if I want to drop my employer's plan, never able to get it back.  Total guessing game as to how bad my health may get.  I don't know why the Feds don't pass a law so you can go back on your private insurance as long as you have had insurance and do it under open enrollment.  Both Medicare and retirement insurance are in the same general world of employment.  I might want to adopt or get married and those can't be added under Medicare.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1016 on: February 28, 2022, 09:37:46 PM »

Mentioned to my friend I was saving up for my funeral.  She's a big supporter of cremation.  You bring up the subject and you're going to get the lecture.  She thought I was going to walk into it.  She asks, so what are you going to do, are you getting cremated?  "I was looking into green burial."  I stumped her.   hihi  Takes her a minute to respond.  "You know they bury you naked."  I didn't know that but what a weird objection.  Do they put you in clothes to burn you and why would you care in either case? 

So I tell her they wrap you in a cloth.  She says at least I will have something to walk around in in heaven.  Wait a minute, is everybody in heaven walking around in their burial clothes.  I was thinking maybe there was an angel uniform or something.  Or why wouldn't you be naked?  I'm thinking more in spirt form, a ball of light, I'm not thinking clothing choices.   hihi  Weird conversation.

Anyway, Sandy lost her mom to pneumonia.  Not sure if it was covid related or not.  She fought so hard to keep her mom safe during the pandemic only to lose her now when it's declining.  I liked her mom.  Tough old bird.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1017 on: March 06, 2022, 12:14:19 PM »

I guess covid is over here.  They are dropping most of the rules.  Medical places still have policies and I think the school buses.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1018 on: March 06, 2022, 03:47:23 PM »

Woohoo, Girl Scout cookies are back on the street!  I haven't had any for 2 years because of covid.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1019 on: March 08, 2022, 11:25:55 AM »

Shit, another one of my close friend's mother died.  I just went to another friend's mother's funeral.  Hope this is not the year we all lose our moms.  It's been a central theme for my group of girl friends, how to keep our elderly or disabled mom's alive during covid.  We thought we were in the clear.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: