Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:15:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Covid-19 (not gnr related)
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 (not gnr related)  (Read 151258 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1040 on: April 14, 2022, 09:51:24 PM »

Well, fuck.  The doctor called my S-I-L, his heart tests today show he has had heart attacks.  His heart is only pumping at 45%.  He's only 33.  He's going to need more tests to see what to do about that.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1041 on: April 15, 2022, 09:38:01 PM »

Well, fuck.  The doctor called my S-I-L, his heart tests today show he has had heart attacks.  His heart is only pumping at 45%.  He's only 33.  He's going to need more tests to see what to do about that.

Apparently he has had several small attacks and a couple of larger ones.  He can recall when he was 28 he might have had one then.  They are going to check if he has blockage and put in a stint if they find it when they do that.  I hope that solves the issue.  He must be pretty scared cause it brought it up right away in a conversation he was having with me.  No family history but his mother drank and popped pills so this could be a birth defect.  Feel for the guy.  He finally got the life he wanted and now this.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1042 on: April 19, 2022, 10:12:52 AM »

Well, fuck.  The doctor called my S-I-L, his heart tests today show he has had heart attacks.  His heart is only pumping at 45%.  He's only 33.  He's going to need more tests to see what to do about that.

Apparently he has had several small attacks and a couple of larger ones.  He can recall when he was 28 he might have had one then.  They are going to check if he has blockage and put in a stint if they find it when they do that.  I hope that solves the issue.  He must be pretty scared cause it brought it up right away in a conversation he was having with me.  No family history but his mother drank and popped pills so this could be a birth defect.  Feel for the guy.  He finally got the life he wanted and now this.

He had an episode this morning.  The heart monitor showed his heart paused for 10 seconds.  They are at the ER.  Hopefully they admit and keep him there until they figure this out.  Update, he got admitted and they put in a pacemaker.  And then his friend, without asking, created a go fund me page.  My daughter is embarrassed and humiliated.  He's probably going to freak.  One should ask before you do that.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 11:07:12 PM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1043 on: April 20, 2022, 11:33:54 AM »

He has Sick Sinus Syndrome.  That's not good for a long life.  He definitely needed the pacemaker.  It paced at 45% last night.  Not sure what that means exactly but my daughter's charmed life just took a major hit.  I thought she had found someone who would look after her after I was gone.  I don't mind living longer.  I'm having a pretty good time but my days are passing.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1044 on: May 04, 2022, 05:09:46 PM »

That's all kind of weirdness.  The doctor commented last week my blood pressure was a little high at 150 and I should check it a couple times a week.  I finally get around to checking it and I'd jumped into the 170's.  Check it a couple times a day and I'm steadily going up into the 180's.  Last night it spiked to 191 with a little dizziness and nausea.  Decide to give it a minute before I decide how I'm getting to the ER.  I start to feel better and after 20 minutes I'm back to 180, 20 minutes more at 175.  I've been steadily, slowly decreasing.  Still high but my two day headache, normal stuff for me, has taken it down to not going to go full blown migraine.  It threaten it a couple of times but backed off. 

Anyway I'm starting high blood pressure meds.  I really wonder if I had a little particle hung up some where in my blood stream, likely right there between the eyes, possibly going to cause a stroke?, but it cleared.  Not sure how all that works.  It's my gene pool for heart attacks and strokes in the males.  The women live forever except the one who added migraines.  She died of one in her early twenties.  My dad and I just suffered through them.  My sister was hospitalized a bunch of times, mostly on meds for blood pressure to control them.  In any case, I have a feeling I'm in for a bunch of tests when I go back in a couple of weeks.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1045 on: May 04, 2022, 11:44:07 PM »

And the weirdness continues.  My BP in down to 145.  A 46 point drop in 24 hours.  That pill has been in my system 6 hours and they told me it would take a couple of days to work.  I'll see in the morning but I'm still thinking a blockage cleared when I hit 191.  Won't surprise me if I'm normal by then.  I'll be calling the doctor's office, "Hi, I'm normal, is that normal?"   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1046 on: May 06, 2022, 09:30:09 AM »

Yeah, no, I'm not normal and that pill is not going to do the trick.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1047 on: May 11, 2022, 06:24:32 AM »

Welp, we had a good 2 year run in the house. But that run is now over....

My oldest tested positive yesterday morning.  So far presenting as a bad cold (mostly nasal congestion). OTC Cold medicine seems to ease the symptoms quite a bit.

They're quarantining in their room, and we're "airlocking" everything in and out. But I'm not optimistic about the rest of the household's (the 4 of us) chances of avoiding it.

Wish us luck!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1048 on: May 11, 2022, 09:11:29 AM »

Good luck!

Speedy recovery.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1049 on: May 11, 2022, 12:49:04 PM »

Welp, we had a good 2 year run in the house. But that run is now over....

My oldest tested positive yesterday morning.  So far presenting as a bad cold (mostly nasal congestion). OTC Cold medicine seems to ease the symptoms quite a bit.

They're quarantining in their room, and we're "airlocking" everything in and out. But I'm not optimistic about the rest of the household's (the 4 of us) chances of avoiding it.

Wish us luck!

Got a couple of people with that nasty cold but they are testing negative.  My friend who teaches at the Y has a third of her class out with covid.  I'm thinking her tests aren't working.

I don't get it.  Working my ass off in the heat this morning and my blood pressure is normal.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1050 on: May 11, 2022, 01:27:06 PM »

Got a couple of people with that nasty cold but they are testing negative.  My friend who teaches at the Y has a third of her class out with covid.  I'm thinking her tests aren't working.

I don't get it.  Working my ass off in the heat this morning and my blood pressure is normal.

So, we had the nasty cold go through a couple weeks back.  Multiple tests, multiple negatives.

We figured it was my oldests turn. They didn't get it the first go round (and neither did my youngest).  VERY quick positive (same test brand, same test batch....I get them free from work...we have more tests than we know what to do with!) when they took their test.  Tested, walked away to get water and some food....and the test was already positive.  Under 3 min.

Their symptoms, while not terrible, are significantly worse than the cold 3 of us (My wife, my middle child, and I) had.  MAYBE it was covid, and our immune response was stronger, and it kept the viral load so low we tested negative? IDK.

We are all similarly vaxxed and boosted....and my eldest, my wife, and I all had Moderna. So no difference there.

Again, we're all just keeping our fingers crossed.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1051 on: May 11, 2022, 01:28:30 PM »

Good luck!

Speedy recovery.

/jarmo

Thank you!!

They're feeling a little better today, they said.  Little fever yesterday (100.7 F) but seemed to be gone this morning (off meds, since they took meds before bed but didn't take them in the middle of the night).  Says less stuffy, too.

Here's hoping!

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1052 on: May 12, 2022, 07:17:39 AM »

Hope you guys feel better soon. When we all had it, we mostly had very mild symptoms. Congestion was the worst part of it. Had a little scratchy throat. I sounded like i had a frog in my throat for a few days. My dad had chills for a few hours but that is all. My mom had the worst of it. She had a few miserable days.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1053 on: May 16, 2022, 07:44:24 AM »

Hope you guys feel better soon. When we all had it, we mostly had very mild symptoms. Congestion was the worst part of it. Had a little scratchy throat. I sounded like i had a frog in my throat for a few days. My dad had chills for a few hours but that is all. My mom had the worst of it. She had a few miserable days.

Eldest is almost through it.  Faint positive test yesterday, but symptoms basically gone. Just about a week since testing positive. Really only 2 days of feeling REALLY cruddy, though.

BUT...my wife tested positive yesterday after waking up feeling like crud.

At this point, I expect the rest of the dominoes are going to fall in the house....

Together again,
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1054 on: May 16, 2022, 05:25:18 PM »

Eldest is almost through it.  Faint positive test yesterday, but symptoms basically gone. Just about a week since testing positive. Really only 2 days of feeling REALLY cruddy, though.

BUT...my wife tested positive yesterday after waking up feeling like crud.

At this point, I expect the rest of the dominoes are going to fall in the house....

Yeah, your going down.  As long as nobody ends up in the hospital.

My neighbor is convinced that getting the shot brings out underlying health issues.  I don't want to believe that but I can't help but notice 5 of us have suddenly developed issues.  Sad we made it through covid only to possibly lose now.  I'm really scared for my friend.  She went in for out patient surgery for skin cancer on her lip and ended up staying 5 days in the hospital.  I have a feeling they had to take part of her face.  She's not saying much about what happen.  She has speech therapy and is being scheduled for chemo and radiation.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1055 on: May 17, 2022, 03:17:20 PM »

Yeah, your going down.  As long as nobody ends up in the hospital.

My neighbor is convinced that getting the shot brings out underlying health issues.  I don't want to believe that but I can't help but notice 5 of us have suddenly developed issues.  Sad we made it through covid only to possibly lose now.  I'm really scared for my friend.  She went in for out patient surgery for skin cancer on her lip and ended up staying 5 days in the hospital.  I have a feeling they had to take part of her face.  She's not saying much about what happen.  She has speech therapy and is being scheduled for chemo and radiation.

Yup, I'm pretty much testing every morning (thanks to my employer, I have more tests than I know what to do with...30 or so 2 packs), and masking everywhere I go just in case.

So far, all negatives.

But I feel like I'm just waiting for the inevitable at this point.

Good news is: We have an adult through it now.  My oldest tested negative this morning and went back to work (they've been symptom free, basically, since Friday/Saturday).  So if I go down, at least we have someone that can run errands, grocery shop, etc.  I feel a lot less stressed now!

Also, my wife (in day 3) is starting to feel better.  She seems to have turned the corner.  Day 2 was the worst for her....and it was for my oldest, too.

I would be totally fine with the same progression of symptoms if I "fall".  Both of them, SO FAR, equate to a nasty head cold.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 03:18:55 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1056 on: May 17, 2022, 08:38:59 PM »

Welp, spoke too soon.

Tonight's test was positive.

See you on the other side, hopefully in 5 to 7 days.

Together again,
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1057 on: May 19, 2022, 06:21:31 PM »

Out in the yard talking to my neighbor, at a distance.  He has one more day of covid isolation.  He's where I run when I need a tornado shelter.  Not a half hour later the sirens start going off.   hihi  I'll just ride it out in my bathroom thanks.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1058 on: May 20, 2022, 07:27:23 AM »

Welp, spoke too soon.

Hopefully you'll only feel it for a few days like the rest of the family. For me,, the stuffy nose lasted for weeks.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1059 on: May 20, 2022, 10:03:36 AM »

Welp, spoke too soon.

Hopefully you'll only feel it for a few days like the rest of the family. For me,, the stuffy nose lasted for weeks.

My eldest had a nasty head cold.  They've been symptom free since last Friday, and tested negative. Was about 5 days of symptoms for them.

My wife had a nasty head cold and her cough was icky.  She's improving more slowly than my eldest did, as she's on day 6 of symptoms, and still coughing (though less, finally)! She doesn't feel terrible...she just can't kick the cough. Still testing positive.

I have the sniffles and a scratchy throat.  Day 4 for me.  I barely feel sick, other than being more tired than usual.  If I hadn't tested positive, I'd chalk this up to seasonal allergies (and the symptoms may just be....no idea...maybe I'm asymptomatic and positive with allergies).  Very faint positive test this morning.

Wife and I are both on antivirals.

Nobody, so far, had it bad enough that we ever worried about hospitalization or feared for our health.

Two younger kids continue to be symptom free and test negative....so far.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 10:06:05 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: