Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:54:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to tour in Australia and New Zealand in 2021
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to tour in Australia and New Zealand in 2021  (Read 15001 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2020, 01:15:31 PM »

ISE
Brownstone
CD
Jungle

Are you starting your wish list?  hihi  I have a long list of wishes for GNR but I'll just go with the important one, that everybody makes it through this and we're together again.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2020, 01:34:02 PM »

Not on social media to announce a tour it hasn't, there is no reason that they couldn't be involved the gap between the last leg of the tour and this one is huge so calls could have been made bridges mended and rehearsals arranged.

Well then go right ahead and assume Izzy and Adler are back. You've got nearly a year to speculate on that one. Just don't get mad when you inevitably see Fortus and Frank up there.
Not in this lifetime did anyone forsee Slash rejoining GnR so anything is possible and Axl and Izzy were closer than anyone in the band so it's not beyond the realms of possibles that he could reach out to him again and talked him round  ,I don't see any major barriers in him getting back on board unless of course he doesn't want to.

Speculate away then! Don't let us stop you.

Personally I won't be wasting one second thinking Izzy and Adler are back based on the use of one classic logo in an advert.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2020, 11:04:32 PM »

Good for those fans, frankly.

Living on the far side of the world like they do, they get the short end of a lot of band's tours.  Years between stops. 

So I hope the shows come off for them.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2020, 12:15:56 AM »

Personally I won't be wasting one second thinking Izzy and Steven are back based on the use of one classic logo in an advert.

I wouldn't assume that either.  Wishful thinking at best.

By the way, yahoo also posted the tour news.....which also includes the cross photo.  That cross does look great though!  Snazzy and colorful.   peace

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/guns-n-roses-announce-first-204653517.html
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2020, 12:52:52 PM »

Not on social media to announce a tour it hasn't, there is no reason that they couldn't be involved the gap between the last leg of the tour and this one is huge so calls could have been made bridges mended and rehearsals arranged.

Well then go right ahead and assume Izzy and Adler are back. You've got nearly a year to speculate on that one. Just don't get mad when you inevitably see Fortus and Frank up there.
Not in this lifetime did anyone forsee Slash rejoining GnR so anything is possible and Axl and Izzy were closer than anyone in the band so it's not beyond the realms of possibles that he could reach out to him again and talked him round  ,I don't see any major barriers in him getting back on board unless of course he doesn't want to.

Personally I won't be wasting one second thinking Izzy and Adler are back based on the use of one classic logo in an advert.
Why exactly is it beyond a possibility ? again Slash and Axl reconciling was never something anyone thought would happen all it takes is a few phone calls and a contract put on the table and it's game on . I reckon Gnr will have to pull something special out of the hat next year to sell those gigs as most people have seen the reunion tour either a new album or getting Izzy and Adler back on board.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2020, 01:01:26 PM »

I think the point made is that obviously anything's possible. But if you're buying a ticket because you saw the promotional material feature the AFD cross and expect that to be the line up at the show you got a ticket for, maybe you're putting too much faith into the artwork used?

Others are merely saying that unless there's an actual announcement that so and so will be back with the band for the first time in decades, maybe it's smarter not to expect it?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2020, 01:43:52 PM »

I don't think no one is expecting Adler and Izzy to be back for those shows. You made that assumption.

To me, the AFD cross was a strange choice to promote a tour. I don't recall the band has ever used that cross to promote anything other than AFD box-set or anything that's related to the members of that era.

I don't think no one is expecting Adler and Izzy to be back for those shows. You made that assumption.

To me, the AFD cross was an odd choice to promote a tour. I don't recall the band has ever used that cross to promote anything other than AFD box-set or anything that's related to the members of that era.

I'm old now, probably one of most veterans here, as Axl would say "I been around this track a couple o' times" so I don't hold my breath expecting the unexpected when it comes to GNR, but if I see something that seems odd, we should be able to talk about here...otherwise..what's the point?

In any case, I told my fiancee we are going to Australia next year to see GNR and she's very excited. She's more into Flamenco type of music, so this will be her first real ROCK show. Should I be honest about the duration of a typical GNR show? haha

Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2020, 02:21:21 PM »

I ain't pinning my hopes on it but just pointing out it's not something that cannot happen especially with the gap in the touring schedule and Izzy seems to be the guy in the band that they all got on with and bear no grudges against ,he's played with all of them over the years since he left in the 90s so who knows what's going on in the background.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2020, 08:48:18 PM »

I think the point made is that obviously anything's possible. But if you're buying a ticket because you saw the promotional material feature the AFD cross and expect that to be the line up at the show you got a ticket for, maybe you're putting too much faith into the artwork used?

Others are merely saying that unless there's an actual announcement that so and so will be back with the band for the first time in decades, maybe it's smarter not to expect it?

/jarmo

Yep, that's exactly my point really. Don't expect it at all. But some will....then they'll get angry when it doesn't happen, even though it was never announced.

It would be an astonishingly haphazard promoter that failed to mention on their advertising and promotional material that for the first time in decades Izzy and Adler were back in the band, as it would surely be a big selling point!

Worth pointing out one more time that the AFD cross was used on much of the NITL tour material previously, including t-shirts that said 'NITL tour' on them, local posters and other promotional items including some of the show lithos. People keep saying it hasn't.....but it certainly has, especially on the more recent shows.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2020, 10:15:20 AM »

The official GnR account has never used the AFD cross with all 5 original members to announce a tour and it's led to a lot of speculation on social media something that hasn't happened before .OK maybe it's not implying anything on the other hand maybe it is the tour is a long way off so who knows what they have planned but they need to shake things up a bit and inject something fresh and new, hopefully with new music either way I'll go see them in Marlay Park in June. ⚡
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2020, 11:21:18 AM »

The official GnR account has never used the AFD cross with all 5 original members to announce a tour and it's led to a lot of speculation on social media something that hasn't happened before .OK maybe it's not implying anything on the other hand maybe it is the tour is a long way off so who knows what they have planned but they need to shake things up a bit and inject something fresh and new, hopefully with new music either way I'll go see them in Marlay Park in June. ⚡

Well if people want to speculate....they can go right ahead then. It'll keep them amused for a bit I'm sure. Then they can complain later. That will keep them busy too!

Worth also pointing out the AFD cross was used heavily to promote the Sirius XM Apollo show too. I've no idea if any of those posters were put on the official GNR account, but it really is splitting hairs if you only give that one source credence and ignore  it being used regularly elsewhere in an official capacity in the NITL tour though.

If people choose to though.....let's go for the Vienna show as one clear example, which used the AFD cross in it's promotion. And was featured on the official GNR accounts.

Still, no matter how many times myself or anyone else point out the AFD cross has been used throughout the NITL tour, it's not going to convince people, so it's a bit of a waste of my time repeating the same thing over and over again.

The speculators might want to let Frank know though he's out of a job......he's shared on his Instagram that he's looking forward to heading to Australia. Someone should let the promoters know to mention it too, as they're missing a rather large trick when it comes to ticket sales!

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2020, 06:10:01 PM »

It would be an astonishingly haphazard promoter that failed to mention on their advertising and promotional material that for the first time in decades Izzy and Adler were back in the band, as it would surely be a big selling point!

To be fair, it was not advertised by promoters that Adler would join them in Argentina. I think that would be the most likely possibility, that Izzy might join on a song or two.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2020, 07:07:00 PM »

Maybe they're gonna play AFD in its entirety. Tongue
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2020, 03:46:23 AM »

/jarmo

Yep, that's exactly my point really. Don't expect it at all. But some will....then they'll get angry when it doesn't happen, even though it was never announced.

Worth pointing out one more time that the AFD cross was used on much of the NITL tour material previously, including t-shirts that said 'NITL tour' on them, local posters and other promotional items including some of the show lithos. People keep saying it hasn't.....but it certainly has, especially on the more recent shows.

Dizzy and Frank posted the AFD cross advertisement picture to their Instagram accounts. So either they are expecting to be doing their regular shtick in the band or they already got their tickets to watch Izzy and Steven re-replace Richard and Matt.  hihi

dizzyfnreed
Can’t wait to be with everyone again!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHy_aHMhUQM/

thefrankferrer
Good on ya Mate !!!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHvkPWQBAUv/

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2020, 05:04:59 AM »

To be fair, it was not advertised by promoters that Adler would join them in Argentina. I think that would be the most likely possibility, that Izzy might join on a song or two.

People are choosing to speculate though that the promoters ARE advertising this by using that cross image.....but then choosing not to mention it in the accompanying written promotional material. Which would make no sense whatsoever.

It's just an image folks. It's been used throughout the NITL tour, it's being used again.

If people choose to speculate, they should go right ahead....but claiming the use of this picture is out of the ordinary, or that it hasn't been used before, is simply not true and ignoring the facts.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2020, 01:07:11 AM »

People are choosing to speculate though that the promoters ARE advertising this by using that cross image.....but then choosing not to mention it in the accompanying written promotional material. Which would make no sense whatsoever.

It's just an image folks. It's been used throughout the NITL tour, it's being used again.

If people choose to speculate, they should go right ahead....but claiming the use of this picture is out of the ordinary, or that it hasn't been used before, is simply not true and ignoring the facts.

The actual reunion was first advertised by cryptic videos of crowds put in random movie theaters. I wouldn't necessarily take it as a sign but GNR are known for cryptic messages.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2021, 07:24:50 AM »

TEG’s Geoff Jones Talks Guns ‘N Roses Stadium Tour: 'Australia and New Zealand Can Lead The Way'

By Lars Brandle

2/22/2021

The dream of full-scale touring is inching closer to a reality in Australia.

Thanks to a combination of strict quarantine protocols, testing, contact tracing and the rollout of vaccinations from this week for the first time, Australia’s live industry is optimistic for a prompt return to business.

TEG is ready. The live entertainment and tech giant tested the waters with a pair of socially-distanced shows at Sydney’s Qudos Bank Arena late last year, under the banner Greatest Southern Nights. Those concerts, co-promoted with Live Nation, and with support from NSW Government and Destination NSW, were the first arena dates post-pandemic.

Several tours have since been announced, including the Guns N' Roses stadium trek, presented by TEG Dainty and slated to kick off Nov. 6 at Metricon Stadium on the Gold Coast.

As far as statements go, few can top a GNR jaunt in a pandemic.

Strong sales to see the classic line-up of Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan and other tours have “proved to us, if we had any doubt, that fans have cabin fever and can’t wait to get out and share unbeatable live experiences in a safe environment,” says Geoff Jones, CEO of TEG, parent company of Ticketek, TEG Dainty and Qudos Bank Arena.

Billboard caught up with Jones for a glimpse at Australia’s live market and an early look at the Guns ‘N Roses tour, which is all set to be the first Australasian stadium run since COVID-19 grounded flights and closed borders in March 2020.

Billboard: The Guns N' Roses stadium tour sets the bar, globally. The rest of the world has noticed. Was that the plan when the announcement was made?

Geoff Jones: We wanted to try to provide impetus to the live industry, which had been frozen due to COVID restrictions. We see that Australia and New Zealand have a great opportunity to lead the world in bringing back live international music at scale, and what better band to lead that charge than the ultimate rock 'n' roll stadium act, Guns N’ Roses.

We have also put tours on sale from the likes of Keith Urban, Amy Shark, Delta Goodrem, Guy Sebastian and Jim Steinman’s Bat Out Of Hell (The Rock Musical) and we held the first arena shows since COVID before Christmas (Greatest Southern Nights) for the same reason, as a circuit breaker.

Strong sales for Guns N’ Roses and these other tours have proved to us, if we had any doubt, that fans have cabin fever and can’t wait to get out and share unbeatable live experiences in a safe environment.

Is it conceivable that the band and crew will go through a two-week quarantine when they hit these shores?

No. But we know that Australia and New Zealand are in a far better position health and safety-wise than almost every other developed economy. We also have a massive vaccine roll-out about to begin, a Trans-Tasman travel bubble and we will have a leaner touring entourage and shows with COVID marshals and all of the requisite safety measures.

Why is Australia in such a strong position compared with the rest of the world? 

Australia and New Zealand have done a very good job of managing the virus, through a combination of policy, geography and culture - Australians and Kiwis tend to play by the rules. Artists have always loved touring Down Under for the fans, the weather, the safety and the reception and we have a wonderful opportunity to make that possible for them and get them back out playing to fans in a safe environment.

It must be frustrating to see sports and the classical arts playing to fuller rooms than the capacity for concerts. Is LEIF (the Live Entertainment Industry Forum) bringing this argument to government? Are they listening?
Yes, it is a bit frustrating but we have to get our industry’s narrative out there more as it has been truly devastated by COVID. Sport has done a great job in Australia, but the live music and sport industries are very closely intertwined and together employ more than 122,000 people in normal times.

New figures from EY suggest that up to 86% of jobs supported by live music and shows have already gone and so we are seeking further support for our industry through the pandemic.

We were delighted that the New South Wales Government backed the Greatest Southern Nights shows at Qudos Bank Arena at reduced capacities. The reality is that we need 100% capacities as promoters to make a tour profitable – unlike major sports, which already carry broadcast rights and revenues - and that is one of many things LEIF is working with governments on.

With your experience across ticketing, venues, promoting and more, are you confident the protocols in 2021 will get Aus/NZ over the hump first?
I'm confident that Australia and New Zealand can lead the way in returning blockbuster international acts to the world of live music. We are proceeding cautiously and carefully and the safety of our fans, artists and our people remains our number one priority but the signs are good.

We have noticed that the film industry here has been able to get international talent in and across borders so that is one area in which we looking for a level playing field for live music.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/9529217/teg-geoff-jones-guns-n-roses-stadium-tour/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2021, 10:22:26 AM »

Just watching the Australian Open the past 2 weeks, I heard McEnroe say they haven't had a COVID death there since last October.

Pretty amazing.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2021, 11:28:09 AM »

Just watching the Australian Open the past 2 weeks, I heard McEnroe say they haven't had a COVID death there since last October.

Pretty amazing.

Sure Australia's population density is 3.3 people per square kilometre rofl rofl rofl plus they have non-sense hyper restrictive covid rules  rofl rofl rofl . If only 1 people of the gnr crew will be tested positive I'd like to see axl & co stuck there forever  rofl rofl. AO lost 70 milions of dollars this year ...truly a model to follow, really "amazing"  hihi hihi
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 11:31:46 AM by ITARocker » Logged
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2021, 01:40:23 AM »

Sure Australia's population density is 3.3 people per square kilometre rofl rofl rofl plus they have non-sense hyper restrictive covid rules  rofl rofl rofl . If only 1 people of the gnr crew will be tested positive I'd like to see axl & co stuck there forever  rofl rofl. AO lost 70 milions of dollars this year ...truly a model to follow, really "amazing"  hihi hihi

... so you're saying that restrictions WORK.  ok

And Brisbane is about 900 people per square km BTW. And somehow the midwest is not immune to covid, and in fact has had serious flare-ups. It's almost like you're deliberately ignoring information that doesn't suit your pre-existing bias...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 01:47:50 AM by PermissionToLand » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: