Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 07:25:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The General being released (perhaps B-side)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The General being released (perhaps B-side)  (Read 37878 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #320 on: December 11, 2023, 12:25:40 AM »

Didn't like it first listen. Started to grow on me on the second listen.  Perhaps is a stronger track,  that's probably why its  a B side

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #321 on: December 11, 2023, 12:28:47 AM »

Keep listening to it…..it gets better with each listen
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #322 on: December 11, 2023, 03:41:31 AM »

Theres a lot of clipping in the track, and if you examine the file further, it's heavily compressed.

Disappointing.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #323 on: December 11, 2023, 03:59:57 AM »

I really liked the song, when most rock bands sound generic these days, GnR has really stood out from the others.  Which I think is a good thing, too bad they don't get praised more or get more attention in mainstream media... Then again everyone today likes Pop Country ( not real country music).

Man, imagine yourself 20 years ago waiting for the rolling stones being on the top of the charts  rofl... It's the same thing at this point. As i said before, young generations don't care and won't care about gnr new music. That's another reason axl doesn't feel the pressure of putting out new music, apart from his atrocious laziness. Plus He wasted an incredible amount of time, making the band totally irrelevant in terms of new adepts. This "new music" sounds old already (it could have been appealing in the 2000s n maybe he could have caught new ears at the time). If u add his meh todays performances, you can't expect any attention, really, even with a true great masterpiece. It's just us  :peace.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #324 on: December 11, 2023, 06:38:15 AM »

I really liked the song, when most rock bands sound generic these days, GnR has really stood out from the others.  Which I think is a good thing, too bad they don't get praised more or get more attention in mainstream media... Then again everyone today likes Pop Country ( not real country music).

Man, imagine yourself 20 years ago waiting for the rolling stones being on the top of the charts  rofl... It's the same thing at this point. As i said before, young generations don't care and won't care about gnr new music. That's another reason axl doesn't feel the pressure of putting out new music, apart from his atrocious laziness. Plus He wasted an incredible amount of time, making the band totally irrelevant in terms of new adepts. This "new music" sounds old already (it could have been appealing in the 2000s n maybe he could have caught new ears at the time). If u add his meh todays performances, you can't expect any attention, really, even with a true great masterpiece. It's just us  :peace.

as usual your post doesn't make any sense, based on nothing but what's in your head.

good thing is, we don't need to argue with you, we just have to face the facts :

1) there's a lot of young people at the shows.
2) if it was "just us" you won't have millions of views on YouTube and millions of streaming on Spotify

anyway without transition, do we know how many songs have been worked on by Slash & Duff during Covid?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #325 on: December 11, 2023, 06:47:26 AM »

No!!!!

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #326 on: December 11, 2023, 08:51:13 AM »

No!!!!

Yes!!!!

Sometimes I wonder how much/many people are influenced by other people's opinions.

If you're told something isn't cool/good/interesting etc., how many are likely to keep that in mind and allow it to color their own opinion.

I remember a time when GN'R was not cool at all. And then suddenly people started buying Greatest Hits like crazy. It had gone from cool, to uncool and back to kinda cool again.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #327 on: December 11, 2023, 08:57:56 AM »

No!!!!

Yes!!!!

Sometimes I wonder how much/many people are influenced by other people's opinions.

If you're told something isn't cool/good/interesting etc., how many are likely to keep that in mind and allow it to color their own opinion.

I remember a time when GN'R was not cool at all. And then suddenly people started buying Greatest Hits like crazy. It had gone from cool, to uncool and back to kinda cool again.

/jarmo

I believe his no was to this question, do we know how many songs have been worked on by Slash & Duff during Covid?

I got a chuckle out of that.  I listen to the Dead.  A fan base that never cared if the music was cool.  A band that never care, just kept playing the music.  You're either on the bus or you're not and most of us are not sure who is.  The bus comes by and you don't get on, don't care.   hihi
« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 09:09:37 AM by cineater » Logged

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #328 on: December 11, 2023, 09:12:44 AM »

Correct on my No….was answering the Covid question….we don’t know how many songs were worked on.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #329 on: December 11, 2023, 10:42:08 AM »

Correct on my No….was answering the Covid question….we don’t know how many songs were worked on.

Random, pull it out of the air, I'm going with 8.  Cool

ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #330 on: December 11, 2023, 11:27:17 AM »

as usual your post doesn't make any sense, based on nothing but what's in your head.

good thing is, we don't need to argue with you, we just have to face the facts :

1) there's a lot of young people at the shows.
2) if it was "just us" you won't have millions of views on YouTube and millions of streaming on Spotify

anyway without transition, do we know how many songs have been worked on by Slash & Duff during Covid?

Compare those milions to the ones who are selling nowadays. 5 milions for each "new" song on yt for a band like gnr is nothing.
The mythological masterpiece (in gnr hardcore fans mind) The General has barely 400 k views after 4 days. You think these are good numbers for a hystorical band?  PHARRELL WILLIAMS which nowadays is irrelevant if compared to some years ago has 600 k in 2 days. Pink 500 k in 4 days... and im talking about,again, random well known, but "old", artists.... Dua lipa has 45 m in 1 month...I make no sense, sure man, sure. Even if we stay in the "mainstream" rock METALLICA has 20 milion views in 1 year for Lux Æterna.
When i say "it's only us" I'm talking about the old fans and, ofc, some new entry, but that's it. GNR is AFD and UYI 1 & 2 for the 99% of the people who won't give a fuck about new songs in general, especially the way they put them out. The history of the band has been tainted too much in a sense (for right or wrong reasons), people just lost interest.
A video for any song won't make any difference...perhaps has a video and still has 5m views like the other songs. These are just facts, but keep believing whatever you want. And when you talk, speak for yourself, you're not entitled to say "we", don't think you count more than one.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 12:01:28 PM by ITARocker » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #331 on: December 11, 2023, 11:43:33 AM »

I know. Just messing with you.

“There’s a handful of those songs that we absolutely fixed up and did when we were in lockdown,” Slash, October 2022.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #332 on: December 11, 2023, 02:58:44 PM »

And when you talk, speak for yourself, you're not entitled to say "we", don't think you count more than one.

Do you know what they say about people who live in glass houses?
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #333 on: December 11, 2023, 03:52:27 PM »

And when you talk, speak for yourself, you're not entitled to say "we", don't think you count more than one.

I have never ever criticized or diminished anyone on the forum, I have always spoken for myself, I have always expressed my ideas and defended them. So you're clearly not talking about me....
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #334 on: December 11, 2023, 04:34:04 PM »

ok, so the right question is: does Slash have big hands?  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #335 on: December 11, 2023, 04:50:57 PM »

I have never ever criticized or diminished anyone on the forum, I have always spoken for myself, I have always expressed my ideas and defended them. So you're clearly not talking about me....

Bro you literally said “we” in your post and talk about people as a group that we all belong to hahahaha
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #336 on: December 12, 2023, 07:18:31 AM »

Agreed. What kind of video could you even make for a song about clearly horrific child abuse? I mean it could be done but I don't see it happening. I think the release as a b-side was Axl getting a very personal song released.

Haha.  Fair point.

I really liked the 'Perhaps' video.  But that tune's tone and vibe also sort of allowed for concert footage and good times shown.

This one...not so much.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #337 on: December 12, 2023, 11:33:58 AM »

Theres a lot of clipping in the track, and if you examine the file further, it's heavily compressed.

Disappointing.

song is fine mix is fine enjoy it
cineater
Legend

« Reply #338 on: December 12, 2023, 01:10:44 PM »

Agreed. What kind of video could you even make for a song about clearly horrific child abuse? I mean it could be done but I don't see it happening. I think the release as a b-side was Axl getting a very personal song released.

Haha.  Fair point.

I really liked the 'Perhaps' video.  But that tune's tone and vibe also sort of allowed for concert footage and good times shown.

This one...not so much.

Aerosmith did a video for Janie's Got a Gun.  I don't think Pat Benatar did for Hell is for Children.  If you don't put it out there, it remains in the secret world.  Then on the other hand while you're trying to make the public aware, you have victims who are listening/watching.  And in this case you have a victim talking.  

It's REALLY okay if there's no video for this one.  But if there has to be one, Axl should be involved in making it.  I haven't really listen to the song that closely to put together a story for me.  I know a lot about the subject matter.  Not that it's not talked about or worked with but it has to be a two way conversation for it to say what Axl wants it to say.  It can't be left to somebody else.  And it's really okay if there's not one or the song doesn't make a big social statement.  Songs reach the people they need to reach when they need to be found.

I actually found my way to the GNR forums when I was doing research on child abuse.  I've been around a long time, not for further research, it pops up from time to time.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 01:19:38 PM by cineater » Logged

Erick
Headliner

« Reply #339 on: December 12, 2023, 02:55:28 PM »

The interesting thing about this song is that many friends who like other bands liked the song. Those who like Guns just found it strange that it didn't have a cool solo. I honestly loved it.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: