Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 03:44:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227873 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil, March 20, 2014 updates
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil, March 20, 2014 updates  (Read 40691 times)
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2014, 01:13:19 PM »

All solos were new.

It's easy to complain about the setlist, but when you see the crowd's reaction and the way they sing along....

/jarmo
Cool looking foward to hear those.

For the ones who complains, if you dont like it dont go, do not listen do something else. Theres still plenty of people who enjoys it.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2014, 01:15:31 PM »

I will be at the next show in un the US  ok

what can i say... Axl has me hook line and sinker no matter how frustrating some of this is

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2014, 01:30:50 PM »

All solos were new.

Well, bully for that.

What, exactly, does it do for a fan of the band Guns N' Roses to hear a different cover song sung by Tommy, a different Ron Thal solo song sung by him, and a different guitar solo written by DJ Ashba?

No one is disputing those things happened last night.  We are all clear on that part.  What is being discussed is how little that does for a Guns N' Roses fan hoping that there might be future output to look forward to from the band Guns N' Roses.

It's easy to complain about the setlist, but when you see the crowd's reaction and the way they sing along....

I guess its also easy to offer non sequitur answers to arguments no one ever presented.

Concerns about the setlist are big picture.  Does this band have any real desire to move forward?  Is this just more of the same and time to give up the ghost they will ever do anything new?

No one, ever, as in not one time...has had one of these conversations and wrapped it up with how sorry they felt for the people in the seats who must have just had a terrible time.

Never, ever, ever been said.  By anyone.  Ever.  Anywhere.

I understand the questions about moving forward or not.  But, ultimately, in the age of Twitter and smart phones and live updates from the gigs, one should not lose sight of the fact that the shows are really for those in attendance, not those of us following along on the messageboards.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #103 on: March 21, 2014, 01:35:43 PM »

I understand the questions about moving forward or not.  But, ultimately, in the age of Twitter and smart phones and live updates from the gigs, one should not lose sight of the fact that the shows are really for those in attendance, not those of us following along on the messageboards.

And I accept that.  What I don't accept though, are phony arguments and bogus answers that have nothing to do with the question.

Man, kind of a bummer they didn't play anything new last night.  Hope that changes in future shows.

Well, the crowd seemed to have a good time.  So fuck you and your god damn griping.

That's an answer that has literally zero to do with the original statement. 

Oh, you mean people attending a GNR concert were singing along to 'Sweet Child O' Mine'??  Wow, you don't say.  But what does that have to do with anything being discussed?  That's an answer to "I bet everyone it that building hated their experience", which no one is saying.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 01:40:01 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #104 on: March 21, 2014, 01:45:38 PM »

And I accept that.  What I don't accept though, are phony arguments and bogus answers that have nothing to do with the question.

Man, kind of a bummer they didn't play anything new last night.  Hope that changes in future shows.

Well, the crowd seemed to have a good time.  So fuck you and your god damn griping.

That's an answer that has literally zero to do with the original statement. 

Oh, you mean people attending a GNR concert were singing along to 'Sweet Child O' Mine'??  Wow, you don't say.  But what does that have to do with anything being discussed?  That's an answer to "I bet everyone it that building hated their experience", which no one is saying.

I don't see what's wrong with saying "I hope that changes in the future".

I didn't see anyone saying, and I hope no one does say, "fuck you and your griping".

I'm just offering a perspective that what may not be very fun or interesting following along at home, may be much more fun if you are actually there.

I do hope to hear new material at some point.  When that is something that none of us have any control over, unfortunately.

Ali
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #105 on: March 21, 2014, 01:55:16 PM »

I think the crowd's reaction will be equally good (or even better) if the band mixes a little bit their setlists. The GNR song catalogue is so damn big and rich to be stuck in one rigid setlist...

Changing the setlist, at least in 3 or 4 songs here and there, will satisfy everybody: the casual fans and us, the big ones.

Anyway, I'm anxious and happy to have 6 GNR shows in the short term  beer

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2014, 01:58:37 PM »

Crowd reaction will always be favorable.

Who buys a ticket to see a band and goes and sits on their hands, all miserable like?  When does that happen?  You presumably bought a ticket because you like the band and wanted to see them.

I bought a ticket to see GNR the last time they came around my way.  I went to the concert and had a great time.  And yes, for those 2 and a half hours, I did not concern myself with the lack of a new album.  Or Axl's poor communication with the fans. Or any of that other stuff we discuss around here.

When you are there, you are there to see a show and have fun.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
NCrazy
Headliner

« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2014, 02:21:03 PM »

Even though I know I'd attend a show with this same setlist 100 times if I had the money, I have to admit i'm dissapointed.

I honestly dont see the reason not to change a couple of songs. The GNR catalogue is HUGE, you can replace 3 or 4 songs here and there and still satisfy ''casual'' (the ones that fullfill the venues) and ''hardcore fans'' (like us).

And also, I just dont see how the band can feel motivation to play this almost exact setlist for years.

This is the point of view of someone that already attended 10 GNR shows and have tickets for another 6. I'm clearly not an internet whiner behind a monitor.
.    Well said- I'm basically in the same boat- I love being able to see any GnR Show but of course I want to see the one where Axl is top of his game & they play 3-4 hrs. But I accept that's just not possible every show- Axl is over 50 & always gives %100 to his performance while trying to pace himself a bit- He has done a great job of keeping the band alive in a way that works for him-period. Most other big bands charge a fortune especially if u want a decent seat & play 15 -17 at most - go on at 9 end at 11- every fuckin time. No thx! I'll take GnR any day over that!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 02:28:33 PM by NCrazy » Logged

Greensboro 91'
Greensboro 06'
Monterrey 07'
Hamilton, 09'
London, 09'
UK, 10'
SC 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ,WB
UK 10'
SC 10'

O2' 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ WB 11

O2 Arena UK, 10'
Birmingham, UK 10'
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2014, 03:16:19 PM »

Thanks for the setlist and pics!

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2014, 03:26:49 PM »

helluva crowd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpL39mycVno <<< live and let die, thx2uploader

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2014, 04:45:01 PM »

November Rain

http://youtu.be/wKkkZvY5Gcg
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #111 on: March 21, 2014, 06:42:50 PM »

This is just another chapter of the "20 years of boredom" by Axl Rose  rofl

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #112 on: March 21, 2014, 07:24:52 PM »

I just absolutely love how they do this!!!  Bumblefoot and the crowd doing it is always awesome and then just when you think it can't get any better, Axl takes the experience to a whole other level!!! 

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #113 on: March 21, 2014, 07:28:49 PM »

All solos were new.

/jarmo

I was there. Front row. Only realized they didn't play Rocket Queen when I was on my way to the parking lot...but I had a blast anyway! When you are there you don't care about setlists...

Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #114 on: March 21, 2014, 07:36:20 PM »

It's easy to sit at home and say puh Welcome to the Jungle who cares.  However anyone who ever registered for a GNR forum would rather hear Axl sing WTTJ life in living color, than to be sitting at home, thousands of miles away, and complain on a message forum.
BOILER GUNZ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #115 on: March 21, 2014, 07:46:17 PM »

A live stream would be golden
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2014, 07:58:30 PM »

Bumblefoot must be reading my mind.  He just posted this.  Grin
Love his "showmanship"!!!
TOTALLY AWESOME!!! headbanger

Bumblefoot ‏@bumblefoot  9m
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzIw06nB6es&feature=youtu.be  Hino Nacional + Don't Cry @GunsNRoses #Rio de Janeiro 20/03/2014 #GNR

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2014, 08:44:50 PM »

It is what it is guys. I never expect a new song, and when they do play a new song, I get excited just hearing about it. The majority of the crowd wants to hear the oldies, just the 'die hards', like us, want the new stuff. I just appreciate that their back on tour! That band and this site has brought me years of joy and entertainment. I've been lucky enough to go to a few shows almost every single tour gnr has ever had, and just to hear axl's beautiful voice live, makes me so happy. I LOVE the whole experience, whether I'm there or in front of my computer... What time will they start, set list, etc.

So it's really how you look at it.  ok

Thanks so much for posting all those great pics, instagrams, and youtubes! Sounds like it was a great show!
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #118 on: March 21, 2014, 09:55:25 PM »

I think the crowd's reaction will be equally good (or even better) if the band mixes a little bit their setlists. The GNR song catalogue is so damn big and rich to be stuck in one rigid setlist...

Changing the setlist, at least in 3 or 4 songs here and there, will satisfy everybody: the casual fans and us, the big ones.

Anyway, I'm anxious and happy to have 6 GNR shows in the short term  beer
Every tour gnr has done they have  a few songs that change so i think this time will not be different.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #119 on: March 21, 2014, 10:10:13 PM »

Anyone get any photos of new merch?  Would love to see.  Shirts,etc.

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: