Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:19:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses at 2014 Rock On The Range (May 16th)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses at 2014 Rock On The Range (May 16th)  (Read 37545 times)
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2014, 08:12:44 PM »

Looking forward to the show.  Hoping the rest of the lineup for Friday will be released soon.  Does anyone know when this will be released?
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2014, 11:14:49 PM »

day to day lineups aren't released until about 3 weeks before the concert.

you also have to be careful when it comes to the lineups being posted before the official announcements, a lot of bands will post the friday date on their fb or webpage because that is the first day of the festival when they are actually scheduled for saturday or sunday.

another thing to consider a lot of bands who play rock on the range also play the wmmr mmr'bq in philadelphia, guns could possibly headline that too.  it actually takes place in camden nj across the river from philly.  the last 4 or 5 years a ROTR headliner headlined the MMR'BQ.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
billsguy
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2014, 10:41:27 AM »

Got my weekend field passes.  Not sure if we are going all three days.  Probably Friday and Sunday right now for GNR and Kid Rock, he puts on a pretty good show.

Mike
1980Invasion
Opening Act

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2014, 06:56:55 AM »

I picked up the $2500 VIP package. We flew to Rocklahoma with the same deal for the gig last May. Couldn't resist catching GnR in our back yard again. It's a short drive over from central Indiana. I've gone to couple Stones gigs in Columbus. Great college town.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 03:51:06 PM by 1980Invasion » Logged
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2014, 08:42:48 AM »

Would love to go, this is like an hour from me..... which never happens...gnr this close to home.  But I hate outdoor, all day shows so I'm not gonna bother.  Not real thrilled with other bands either.  I'm not sure about hotels in Columbus, but the drivers in that city suck and traffic patterns are kinda screwed on the freeways, so be very attentive driving if you come by car.  Hope everyone has a great time.
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2014, 10:31:49 AM »

Would love to go, this is like an hour from me..... which never happens...gnr this close to home.  But I hate outdoor,

The outdoor thing is the only thing keeping me from going to the show. It would suck to stand in rain all day. Guns N' Roses should have been giving Saturday night.     

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2014, 01:27:07 PM »

Would love to go, this is like an hour from me..... which never happens...gnr this close to home.  But I hate outdoor,

The outdoor thing is the only thing keeping me from going to the show. It would suck to stand in rain all day. Guns N' Roses should have been giving Saturday night.     

Do you think people will stay at the front all day?
Seems like there's hardcore fan who do that, and then others who go down to the front to see one band and then leave...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
1980Invasion
Opening Act

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2014, 08:54:59 AM »

That's the incentive to get the VIP pkg.Less standing,private bar and restroom.  Less standing in line too!!
amac
Opening Act

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2014, 05:14:07 PM »

Sorry for double posting but just some RotR tips;

For anyone looking to go defiantly get field admission.. stadium admission is about half the price (99 for seats 170 for field) but it's not worth saving the few bucks.  You can sit in the stands or go on the field with the field admission and the most important part is the two side stages are on opposite sides of the stadium so if you want to get to one side stage from the other it's so much easier and faster to cut across the field than it is to walk around the stadium.  If you stay in the area on the commute to the stadium avoid the highways, they get clogged up and it takes forever to get to the stadium.  The first year I went we stayed maybe 10 minutes away from the stadium and it took over an hour to get there on the highway.  Take the back roads, they are never clogged up and it's always a breeze to get into the stadium. 

You can buy single day tickets later on in the year but you can only get seats for single day.  If you are only going for Guns it might be worth it though because you can grab seats early on in the day and then just stay there the whole day and get a close view.  For me field is the way to go though.  I've seen some great bands like Soundgarden, Incubus and A Perfect Circle and was able to get maybe 20-30 feet away from the stage each time. 

If anyone has any questions about the fest feel free to ask.  I encourage anyone in the area to take a trip down if they can!

Ah another experienced "ranger" I see! I was at the 2007,2008,2009,2011,& 2012 rotr. I agree the crowd might not be as receptive to gnr (I hope I'm wrong) but they are usually into ffdp, korn, and other types of screaming music (which I hate btw) rotr wasn't always like that though, it's just the metal heads began overrunning the festival a few years ago and the promoters began to cater to that crowd. It's still a great time though, and hopefully folks stick around for gnr as they put on an amazing show. I always get stadium tickets and never have a problem getting to the side stages. They usually provide enough time. I'm not the moshing/crowd surfing type so stadium works out well for me.

I heard a rumor that they extended the curfew on Friday night to allow for guns to play an extended set... Any truth to this?
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2014, 01:16:24 AM »

Nothing that I heard or read.  I hope they give Gn'R more than the usual 75-80 minutes headliners get.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2014, 10:10:45 AM »

Nothing that I heard or read.  I hope they give Gn'R more than the usual 75-80 minutes headliners get.

80 minutes? I think Governors Ball in NYC was 90 minutes and GN'R went on before their set time and were able to play longer....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
1980Invasion
Opening Act

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2014, 10:45:26 AM »

Rocklahoma was 2 hours 35 minutes. I'm expecting the same at ROTR.
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2014, 10:14:28 AM »

Do you think people will stay at the front all day?
Seems like there's hardcore fan who do that, and then others who go down to the front to see one band and then leave...

/jarmo

Not that I'm worried about not getting up front, I just hate outdoor shows, and all day out in the sun I just can't do.  Plus the price is a little high to go and just see gnr.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2014, 05:05:13 PM »

That's the drawback with festivals. They're usually outdoors and tickets cost more than a regular gig....  Wink
If you find a festival with a couple of bands you wanna see, then it's a good deal usually...

They didn't announce the schedules yet, which makes sense since it's almost three months away still.
It'll be interesting to see who plays with GN'R on the main stage. Sometimes you get interesting line ups at these festivals...

/jarmo

amac
Opening Act

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2014, 01:25:41 PM »

80 minutes? I think Governors Ball in NYC was 90 minutes and GN'R went on before their set time and were able to play longer....

/jarmo

Someone had posted at another forum that the promotor was on the radio and said that the curfew had been extended for guns. Just not sure, as I take these types of statements with a grain of salt, although it seems very possible as gnr tend to play pond sets. I would love for them to put on a full length set!!
1980Invasion
Opening Act

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2014, 02:16:39 PM »

They played a full set at Rocklahoma last year. The same ppl put this festival together AEG I believe. So I expect the same thing in Ohio.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2014, 02:37:25 PM »

The price I understand but I can't believe people are complaining about being outside all day. Weather should be beautiful that time of year.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2014, 04:33:09 PM »

They played a full set at Rocklahoma last year. The same ppl put this festival together AEG I believe. So I expect the same thing in Ohio.

Yes, but isn't Rocklahoma in a more "remote" venue? Sometimes that might be an issue.

/jarmo

1980Invasion
Opening Act

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2014, 09:05:20 AM »

Yes Pryor Oklahoma is far off the beaten path. I certainly am still hoping GnR play a full set in Columbus. Cheers.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2014, 11:28:52 AM »

It's a festival, so it might be a little shorter. Don't expect a 3.5 hour Tokyo 2009 kind of set. Wink

/jarmo

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: