Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:34:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Some people here want Finck to leave?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Some people here want Finck to leave?  (Read 24294 times)
JustWckd
Rocker

It happened in my lifetime!!!

« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2006, 04:18:20 PM »

He's just a sloppy guitarist.  On the old and new songs.   The way Frank has come in and played and the way people finally started to admit that Brain would fuck up during YCBM just shows that 98% of the posters on this board will just sackride whoever is currently in the band.  Only when they are no longer in the band will the admit the truth.  And no I'm not saying Frank replaced Brain.

12/27/11 Phoenix
04/08/16 Vegas!!!!
makane
Legend

« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2006, 04:20:01 PM »

Finck is the izzy of this new gnr.
And why is that? He wrote one mediocore (im gonna get hanged for this, but that is the truth) pop-metal tune? (which isn't even released)
He has a long road ahead to come the "Izzy of the new-gnr"
Btw Dave, this is not the way to get more credit for Finck. Unfortunately YOU can't decide it.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
JustWckd
Rocker

« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2006, 04:20:36 PM »

If Finck left, Thal became the lead guitarist and Fortus was the rthym/lead on some songs...it would be perfect.

I still don't see the point of 3 guitar players.  And out of the 3, Finck is the least talented.  He may have the best stage presence but when Axl W fucking Rose is your frontman you don't need a guitarist with a great stage presence...

12/27/11 Phoenix
04/08/16 Vegas!!!!
Death Cube K
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2006, 04:22:32 PM »

Slash was far from the best guitar player in the world in 1987, but he was still perfect for GNR at the time.

Finck stays. He makes this band what it is...not Fortus just because he moves cool or Ron Thal just because he's
a nice guy.

Finck is the man.
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2006, 04:34:59 PM »

Finck is the izzy of this new gnr.

That's a laughable notion at best. Finck can right an ok song, can't solo on the old GnR material to save his life, and aside from the Blues has yet to impress me with his lead playing on the new stuff. I don't know what it is about his solos that irritate me so much. I think it's a combination of his really whacky vibrato and the way he can't ever seem to get through his November Rain solo without completely butchering within an inch of it's life.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2006, 04:35:14 PM »

If Finck left, Thal became the lead guitarist and Fortus was the rthym/lead on some songs...it would be perfect.

I still don't see the point of 3 guitar players.? And out of the 3, Finck is the least talented.? He may have the best stage presence but when Axl W fucking Rose is your frontman you don't need a guitarist with a great stage presence...

I've thought about Fortus leaving, but not Finck... Actually, your idea makes a lot more sense than mine. Fuck, you said everything!
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2006, 04:39:18 PM »

No one is leaving.  Cool
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2006, 04:40:48 PM »

No one is leaving.? Cool

Not true... It seems that only Axl is leaving for now.? ok
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2006, 04:42:06 PM »

Slash was far from the best guitar player in the world in 1987, but he was still perfect for GNR at the time.

He just had that something special. He became the rock god of the moment. Magazines stopped having covers of current guitar gods like Ritchie Sambora and Mick Mars etc. and flocked to Slash.

That fucking grunge movement killed the guitar god.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2006, 04:46:40 PM »

Slash was far from the best guitar player in the world in 1987

That may be true, but by 1988 SCOM put him on the map from then until eternity. Robin has been in the band 10 years now and can still barely play it, let alone ever create something that has come close to the genius of it.
JustWckd
Rocker

« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2006, 04:48:06 PM »

Finck stays. He makes this band what it is...not Fortus just because he moves cool or Ron Thal just because he's
a nice guy.

Finck is the man.

Roll Eyes

When I see Robin Finck on a "Greatest Guitarists of All Time" lists, I'' refer to him as the man

12/27/11 Phoenix
04/08/16 Vegas!!!!
GNVR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2006, 04:54:01 PM »

If Finck left, Thal became the lead guitarist and Fortus was the rthym/lead on some songs...it would be perfect.? I still don't see the point of 3 guitar players.

I guess we're on the same page.? I wrote just that in another thread? ok

When I see Robin Finck on a "Greatest Guitarists of All Time" lists, I'' refer to him as the man

Well said!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 04:58:11 PM by GNVR » Logged
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2006, 05:12:01 PM »

I still don't see the point of 3 guitar players.  And out of the 3, Finck is the least talented.  He may have the best stage presence but when Axl W fucking Rose is your frontman you don't need a guitarist with a great stage presence...

you are being unfair.

regardless of who is the most skilled, Robin has gained his right to be an irreplaceable part of this band. He is the one guitarist that stood by Axl and believed in his project and vision for almost a decade now.. the one guy that put dedication and brought new ideas to the project when everybody else gave up and left Axl alone..

he is also the one that seems to have been involved the most with the composition and writing of this album.

all of the above can't be spoken of Richard or Bumble, not even Bucket.. so I think that says it all.

It's easy to dismiss the least skilled, but you are being unfair and shallow, you are only seeing in the surface, the face the band shows us, the live shows, but in reality, you don't know in the privacy of the band who really IS the most important out of the 3.. I tend to believe Robin is the irreplaceable one.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2006, 05:13:52 PM »

Robin has gained his right to be an irreplaceable part of this band. He is the one guitarist that stood by Axl and believed in his project and vision for almost a decade now..

He has already left before.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2006, 05:14:36 PM »

Robin Finck is just one cool motherfucker. Those who diss him are incorrect and should be booked into correctional clinic for 'enlightenment'.

JustWckd
Rocker

« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2006, 05:22:23 PM »

you are being unfair.

regardless of who is the most skilled, Robin has gained his right to be an irreplaceable part of this band. He is the one guitarist that stood by Axl and believed in his project and vision for almost a decade now.. the one guy that put dedication and brought new ideas to the project when everybody else gave up and left Axl alone..

he is also the one that seems to have been involved the most with the composition and writing of this album.

all of the above can't be spoken of Richard or Bumble, not even Bucket.. so I think that says it all.

It's easy to dismiss the least skilled, but you are being unfair and shallow, you are only seeing in the surface, the face the band shows us, the live shows, but in reality, you don't know in the privacy of the band who really IS the most important out of the 3.. I tend to believe Robin is the irreplaceable one.

He may have stood next to Axl through it all but I think he may be the reason that the new GNR is widely excepted.  Not only that but what do we know what he wrote on the CD?  Better?  Axl said it was a "Robin song".  That implies that Robin wrote it but did he say that?  No, and afer following GNR for must of my life I tend not to take anything Axl says unless he is FLAT OUT SAYING IT.  Remember when CD was coming out in 2002 but Axl said "I dont know if soon is the word".  Can you honestly tell me that you think Robin had a part in writing TWAT, Catcher in The Rye, Maddy, The Blues (which I read a while bac, like 2002, that Zakk Wylde helped write that song)? 

I loved Robin when he was in NIN.  But he is not a rock guitarist....

12/27/11 Phoenix
04/08/16 Vegas!!!!
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2006, 05:23:59 PM »

Robin has gained his right to be an irreplaceable part of this band. He is the one guitarist that stood by Axl and believed in his project and vision for almost a decade now..

He has already left before.

yeah but I have my doubts on what could have happened if he didn't come back.. I do remember one interview with Brian May where he said Axl had asked him to help him cuz Robin had left and he was hopeless about the future of the album without him

anyway, Robin is the most charismatic of the new guys, and I wouldn't be so off if I say half of the fans renewed their interest on this new lineup thanks to him..

Liquid Drum
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2006, 05:36:33 PM »

I think he's great.

Am I the only one that hopes this current line-up stays the same for many years??

With either Frank or Brain on drums...

I really like this line-up  ok
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2006, 05:38:15 PM »

Am I the only one that hopes this current line-up stays the same for many years??

No.  Grin
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2006, 05:44:16 PM »

You can't argue taste.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: