Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:58:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  December 1 - Ames, IA @ Hilton Coliseum [DISCUSSION]
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: December 1 - Ames, IA @ Hilton Coliseum [DISCUSSION]  (Read 36757 times)
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #160 on: December 10, 2006, 02:01:56 PM »

i've seen the band 4 times.. i dont know how much more support could possibly give them..? (unless i had more money)

the poster made a joke in bad taste, i dont doubt his support for the band.. but this is exactly the kind of thing that makes Axl hate the internet, don't you think?? ?People who read something like his post casually get the wrong idea and thats how misconceptions start.? ?its already been explained..? ?And I attacked mygnr because I find the stuff that goes on there disgusting and in terrible taste and then madison comes here with her condescending bullshit like this is mygnr?? fuck that.? ?beta is closer to axl than any of us, way closer.. so if she is upset by something posted here, she has the right to defend herself and Axl.

i'm done with this.? i simply wanted to explain myself.

I don't think the joke was in bad taste, but he should perhaps have written it better. A couple of smilies in the right places perhaps. I can't see that Axl has got a problem with people joking about his lateness, after all, he does that himself. But I think he's got a problem with people telling him to fuck off before they know all the facts, so do I, but a couple of obvious light hearted jokes? I seriously doubt it.

However, if you want to make a joke, be sure you write it properly and that you know how to write one in the first place. This one goes to minneapolisnewsman hihi

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #161 on: December 10, 2006, 02:55:21 PM »

Wow! Not even sure what to say.
I useually stay out of these fights, but I find it a little sad that Madison has to come to another site and get this pissed off. Madison I normally like most of the things you have to say, but I think it is wrong for you to come over here with that attitude. Maybe you should keep comments like this on your own board. I have never seen Jarmo go to your site like this.
In Beta's defence she had every right to say what she said. There are a lot of diehard gnr fans that suck!!! And thats just sad! Glad she spoke up!!!
As for Jim bob, most of us here claim to be diehard fans, doesn't mean anyone of us deserve special attention. I have spent a fortune on gnr items, shows and travel, but that doesn't make me special. Just dedicated.
peace out
amyl

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #162 on: December 10, 2006, 03:03:02 PM »

madison has a point people....   beta was a little too harsh for my taste as well. i know that she`s in a special position though...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #163 on: December 10, 2006, 03:09:54 PM »

madison has a point people....? ?beta was a little too harsh for my taste as well. i know that she`s in a special position though...

Beta was this, Beta was that... so what? She said what she thought should be said. Past tense. And now like 10 days later we have all the soul-caring 'fans' saying Beta was harsh, wrong, attacking loyal fanbase. Of course no one really cares about the truth anymore...

As far as I can see this is thread about Ames show @ Hilton...
EFISH
« Reply #164 on: December 10, 2006, 03:14:33 PM »

Beta is probably the closest person to Axl and she has every right to get mad when someone is doing something harmful. Now I like Minneapolisman and I know he was just joking, but I think it's fair to say this is just a misunderstanding on everyone's part. Its' really no big deal.

Now, with Madisons post...
Jarmo is completely right. There is no way in hell Madison goes deleting those posts. I've recently (as recent as 2 days ago) been to MYGNR and tried to stand up for HTGTH but those flamers never quit, and the posts are never deleted. CD.com is just as bad, I've seen Jarmo-hating threads, and they refer to Mygnr as "mygaynr"
I think this thread should be locked before more shit hits the fan.  Grin
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #165 on: December 10, 2006, 03:24:24 PM »

For the people who know Axl well, that kind of joke is no other than scoffs.

There are a lot of diehard gnr fans that suck!!!

Yea most of them are media victims. Guess they are more like the fans of critics than of GNR.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #166 on: December 10, 2006, 03:35:05 PM »

Yea most of them are media victims. Guess they are more like the fans of critics than of GNR.

this is what i dont understand at all.    its like these people want it to fail.   i dont understand why any reputable GNR board (in general, not directed at anyone), would not only allow this kind of stuff, but create an atmosphere that is INVITING to these types of trolls.
EFISH
« Reply #167 on: December 10, 2006, 04:01:43 PM »

I just literally took 10 seconds to do a search on MYGNR and alas I find a long thread from today that is attacking Jarmo, Beta, and HTGTH. Why isnt it deleted?
I see people calling Beta profain things and telling her to fuck off, that are "supporters" there, been there for years, and have 7000 posts.
And they wonder why this place is better than MYGNR and gets the attention of management? Ha!

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=86081&view=findpost&p=1561613
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #168 on: December 10, 2006, 04:05:39 PM »

jealousy is the bitch.

well jim bob, those media victims still love axl and possibly axl can't help loving those misguided poor souls and hopes one day they'll know better. Cry
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #169 on: December 10, 2006, 04:13:19 PM »

Beta waved at me when I called out to her at the Minneapolis show, she is ok in my book!  How did this thread turn into HTGTH vs MYGNR?

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
madison
Banned
Headliner

'Worrying's a waste of my f*cking time'

« Reply #170 on: December 10, 2006, 06:43:36 PM »

I just literally took 10 seconds to do a search on MYGNR and alas I find a long thread from today that is attacking Jarmo, Beta, and HTGTH. Why isnt it deleted?
I see people calling Beta profain things and telling her to fuck off, that are "supporters" there, been there for years, and have 7000 posts.
And they wonder why this place is better than MYGNR and gets the attention of management? Ha!

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=86081&view=findpost&p=1561613

Your link is to a thread where fans are discussing their views on the way Beta attacked and insulted a long-time fan -- It's not a thread that was started to diss another forum. Fans are simply giving their views on how she spoke to fans.  Why would we delete that?  Our forum is set up to allow people to express their views, and I make no apologies for that.  It was those angry views that prompted me to post here and make a friendly suggestion to Beta that it might be wise if she didn't insult and alienate long-time fans - for Axl's sake.

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #171 on: December 10, 2006, 07:02:15 PM »

How did this thread turn into HTGTH vs MYGNR?

Children ruined it.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #172 on: December 10, 2006, 07:10:50 PM »

If Beta is pissed off at somebody, she has her reason(s). She never attacked anybody randomly.

Your users are overreacting and overanalyzing something very simple.

She reacted to a lame joke. In case you haven't noticed, sarcasm doesn't always work well on message boards.

What seems like a perfect and funny joke to you, might not seem like a joke to somebody else.

The poster didn't mean any harm with his joke, but unfortunately for him, the joke didn't come off as something funny/humorous.

She takes time to actually post and comment on lies about the band and/or Axl. Instead of appreciation, people attack her.

I'm not surprised. This band has some fans who seem to be more into negativity than anything else. People who'll find something to whine about in everything.

That's the "fans" Beta told to stay home. If you can't see the difference between those people and the fans who support the band, you probably are in that group yourself.

I don't know what gives your users the right to give any advice to Beta (or anybody else here) about how to behave.

Judging by some of those posts, maybe you need to give some of those people some "friendly advice" on how to behave, before you come over here and give us more friendly advice?

So go back and look over your own house for a while. I'm sure you'll find plenty of threads to moderate.

I did....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 07:36:37 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: