Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 10:25:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227932 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  weight loss
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: weight loss  (Read 17603 times)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2009, 02:07:24 AM »

and of course the easiest thing is to lose it, the hard thing is to "stay at the wanted weight"

I think this is what gets lost on most people... you have to be willing to make permanent changes to your lifestyle.  Cutting all junk food and eating tiny meals so you can get to a target weight, only to pile it all back on a year or two later is pointless.  Ironically, this is what keeps a lot of "diet" companies / books / programs rolling.

This is pretty much all you need:

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2009, 11:00:18 AM »

alternately, how about gaining height? Tongue

If you abide to these rules religiously, you will lose about 3,5 kilograms of fat per month. Good luck ok

and CheapJon will have successfully lost all his weight in 2 years time. by then msaxl and mrlee will weight like minus 80lbs. good luck hihi
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2009, 11:08:44 AM »

alternately, how about gaining height? Tongue

If you abide to these rules religiously, you will lose about 3,5 kilograms of fat per month. Good luck ok

and CheapJon will have successfully lost all his weight in 2 years time. by then msaxl and mrlee will weight like minus 80lbs. good luck hihi
msaxl is not playing this game, she just got back from Mcdonalds, now that's a good way to gain ok

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2009, 04:14:13 PM »

Five.

Five dollar footlooooong.

Jumping helps me keep those pesky pounds off.

Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2009, 09:58:28 PM »

You don't look as if you need to be worried no Have you ever fallen off of your bed while doing this?

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2009, 10:04:48 PM »

You don't look as if you need to be worried no Have you ever fallen off of your bed while doing this?

That's not my bed!  hihi

It's a crappy bug-infested bed at the YMCA in Brooklyn!  rofl  I slept with one eye open.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2009, 10:37:14 PM »

the man is a walking stick. you have to be careful when you hug him or else you'll break him  hihi
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2009, 04:23:45 AM »

the man is a walking stick. you have to be careful when you hug him or else you'll break him  hihi
stop hug him man smoking
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2009, 11:56:39 PM »

Get yourself a bigger bed dude or a race car bed ; your worth it.  Don't sell yourself short splurge because the compound fracture you can save may be yours.....

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2009, 11:58:17 PM »

may be yours.....

IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT!

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2009, 09:48:38 AM »

stop hug him man smoking

idea
is that w.axl.rose's bed?
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2009, 02:08:47 AM »

1. Stop drinking beer, or any alcohol
2. Eat no more than 2 meals a day, preferably breakfast and a lunch about 2-3 pm. Small portions. (it gets easier  as time goes on)
3. Walk at least 2 miles  a day

You will lose at least 10 pounds in 3 weeks, maybe 15 pounds in a month.

nononono! Never start eating less! like natasha23 said, start adding healthy food!  yes If you start eating less, you're going to be anorectic.  Lips Sealed But yeah, no booze or any alcohol.  ok

If you start eating less it's  not that you're going to be anorexic necessarily. It will actually be harder for you to lose weight because your body will go into shock and hang on to every bit of fat/carb/calorie it can and convert it into fat to hang on to as reserve for when you starve again.

Lifting weights and having a quick release whey protein right after is actually much better for slimming down than cardio because the amount of calories you burn in order to break down the protein and convert it into amino acids to repair your muscles is a lot more than you would if you jogged.
The only thing is that you have to keep in mind with weight lifting that you want to see a difference in inches, not pounds because muscle weighs more than fat.

I have the exact opposite problem. I can't get past 140lbs. I was 115 in september, put on 25 pounds in 4 weeks. Now i'm fluctuating around 130/135. I've hit a wall and I can't get above 140. But I have an overactive metabolism :-(

Someone mentioned that weight gaining is similar to losing weight. They're right. You should eat something every couple of hours. You just have to watch what you eat. Proportion control is key. You want to feed yourself every few hours to get your metabolism sped up.

A lot of the times most people have trouble with their metabolism because everyone's lower intestines have so much buildup in them just accumulated over the years, sometimes anywhere upto 10lbs of junk just sitting there. Take 10 Billion CFU of Acidophilus and a lot of fiber every day for a month to get all that shit (quite literally) out of your system.

Also helps- CLA: Conjugated Lineloic Acid. Basically it blocks bad fats from your food and flushes out bad fat from your body. A lot of  bodybuilders will start taking it a month of two before their shows because they spend all year bulking up and getting big and start "shrinkwrapping" a couple of months before the shows so their muscles pop out more.

hope it helps.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 02:10:53 AM by Estranged 063087 » Logged

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2009, 05:35:13 AM »

I got one tip to lose weight. It requires absolutely no exercise and it's quaranteed to work!

1. Put a person in a box
2. Take the person out when the required weightloss is acquired.

I even made a cool pic to demonstrate this new, more efficient, way of losing weight.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2009, 11:26:19 AM »

I even made a cool pic to demonstrate this new, more efficient, way of losing weight.

sounds unhealthy but the pic is cool with warm colouring.  he somehow even grows his arms in the box.
you drew it?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2009, 11:33:38 AM »

sounds unhealthy but the pic is cool with warm colouring.  he somehow even grows his arms in the box.
you drew it?
i think his arms get shorter, when he was fat they were hanging along his body all the way to the waist, now they are hanging free to the waist, if you would have measured his "wingspan" the fat body's would be bigger
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2009, 01:31:02 PM »

, when he was fat they were hanging along his body all the way to the waist, now they are hanging free to the waist, if you would have measured his "wingspan" the fat body's would be bigger

I wasn't noticing.

but still I am not sure about the length of his unseen arms.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2009, 11:38:54 AM »

so the slim guy got fat eating himself in the box, right? Huh
sandman
Legend

« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2009, 01:39:12 PM »

it's all about calories. it takes about 3,500 calories to lose a pound. you're gonna burn roughly 2,000 calories a day just by being alive. eat 1,500 calories a day and you'll lose a pound a week.

look online to get a good estimate of how many calories you're actually burning a day.

and if you're doing this long-term, add some training so you don't lose too much muscle mass. 

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2009, 01:45:24 AM »

it's all about calories. it takes about 3,500 calories to lose a pound. you're gonna burn roughly 2,000 calories a day just by being alive. eat 1,500 calories a day and you'll lose a pound a week.

look online to get a good estimate of how many calories you're actually burning a day.

and if you're doing this long-term, add some training so you don't lose too much muscle mass. 

it is not that simple. first of all the BMR (basal metabolic rate, ie the calories your body burns per day in a hypothetical situation where you don't move and stay emotionally calm) will drop fast if you cut down on calorie intake.
second, the goal should not be to "lose calories" but to lose calories by burning fat. when you starve, the primary source of energy supply is glycogen breakdown (stored in muscles and liver), not fat breakdown. so basically you will end up "losing more muscle than fat" to put it simply. if you want to lose weight and maintain your ideal weight you should change your lifestyle (eat healthy and do aerobic exercise), not just "cut sown" on calorie intake.

homo homini lupus...
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2009, 06:52:18 PM »

Stop eating so fucking much.

There.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: