Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 12:15:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227992 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  weight loss
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: weight loss  (Read 17698 times)
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 03:37:44 AM »

after each meal stick your fingers down your throat until you throw up

or

buy some cocain

ok

yeah girls should do cocain to lose wieght, all models do that, must work ...

i kid i kid ! Smiley

St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2007, 10:11:26 AM »

Good luck to all those trying to lose weight. I'm in the same boat, it's harder than people think. It's a mindset as much as anything else.  What i wouldn't do though, is go on faddy diets such as Atkins. Just doesn't make sense if you want to be healthy...

Also be careful of things that seem innocent, such as a Starbucks Cappucino. I was looking yesterday and I was shocked, A whole milk Venti Cappucino  has 10grams of fat in it! A skimmed milk version has None.

My problem is getting into the mindset for the Gym... It's a confidence thing, but i have started going for long walks and weights at home ect.  So i just think... don't beat yourself up about it all. Find your own way at first and get into a routine.  But be sensible and be good - at least most of the time, then give urself a treat once in a while.   

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2007, 07:09:15 PM »

Fruits and veggies take up a majority of my diet, and lots of water. Im also a vegetarian. I run 2 miles and go on the eliptical every night and lift weights 2-3 days a week.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2007, 02:09:13 PM »

The best way to loose some weight is :
1-Go to a nutritionist doctor and he?ll tell you what to eat, and how to eat in a healthy way.
2- Do exercise. Those two things together DO work,believe me!

The secret is not about eating less or about eating low-cal food but to eat healthy Wink.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Amanda.
Rocker

Damn, I'm a legend.

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2007, 06:09:16 AM »

start smoking.? Tongue i heard that drops your extras, because it takes your hunger away. Of course it's very unhealthy.
start doing some exercises regylarly, like walk 3km a day, go to the gym and ask some advices from a personal trainer etc... that should work.? yes of course some dietchanges also, like, less fastfoods, more greens, no booze... i think that's the easiest and fastest way.? yes

Guns N?Roses @ Hartwall Arena 6.7.06

I'M SO NEXT CENTURY.
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2007, 06:43:48 AM »

I've always heard that weight loss/body shaping results are 20% exercise and 80% nutrition (supposedly).  A friend of mine said this - don't look at a diet as depriving yourself... start adding healthy things first - water, fruits and vegetables, etc.  Add the good things, as opposed to stopping all of the bad things.  Look to cut 100 calories a day initially, as opposed to 400 or 500.  If you drink soda, drink water instead, so the sacrifice isn't that big.  Make little changes so you won't get overwhelmed. 
Regarding exercise, you have to look at it as non-negotiable.  You exercise several times a week (walking is a good one) no matter what.  You don't even give yourself the option to not work out.
Good luck to you.

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2007, 10:17:43 PM »

1. Stop drinking beer, or any alcohol
2. Eat no more than 2 meals a day, preferably breakfast and a lunch about 2-3 pm. Small portions. (it gets easier  as time goes on)
3. Walk at least 2 miles  a day

You will lose at least 10 pounds in 3 weeks, maybe 15 pounds in a month.
Amanda.
Rocker

Damn, I'm a legend.

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2007, 09:18:47 AM »

1. Stop drinking beer, or any alcohol
2. Eat no more than 2 meals a day, preferably breakfast and a lunch about 2-3 pm. Small portions. (it gets easier? as time goes on)
3. Walk at least 2 miles? a day

You will lose at least 10 pounds in 3 weeks, maybe 15 pounds in a month.

nononono! Never start eating less! like natasha23 said, start adding healthy food!  yes If you start eating less, you're going to be anorectic.  Lips Sealed But yeah, no booze or any alcohol.  ok

Guns N?Roses @ Hartwall Arena 6.7.06

I'M SO NEXT CENTURY.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2007, 10:17:18 AM »

Healthy Balanced Diet + Plenty of Exercise and you are sorted.....
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2009, 12:46:41 PM »

I have a terrible diet. Ive had a very bad diet for years.

but LUCKILY, ive never paid the price n always had a average body build, more towards the thin side.

I just have a beer belly (annoyingly). However, seeing as i know the jeans are getting tighter now, and i cant continue to have such a diet any longer, cause im 18 now. So it will take its toll in a few years if i dont shape up.

So, im going to attempt, to cut all snacks out of my diet. Attempt to cut all fizzy pop out. And just drink pure orange juice, n apple juice. N try to stick to toast for dinner. N tea would just be. Pasta type foods, big soupl (its got all vegetables in n shit).....and since i couldnt go on without it, curry haha!.

Reckon it will work? Or am i shooting a dead horse. See i struggle to eat any fruit or vegetables. As i gag at the vile textures they have if hard.

html sucks
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2009, 01:41:55 PM »

I don't like fruits or veggies either.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2009, 02:44:34 PM »

it's pretty easy to lose a couple of pounds, I weighed 92-93 kilos last summer, decided to lose some and did fast, have been steady at about 89 since then, gonna trim it down to at least 86 til the summer, if you want it, it's easy.. and of course the easiest thing is to lose it, the hard thing is to "stay at the wanted weight"
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2009, 03:22:59 PM »

I am one of those lucky ones if you want to call it that, I have pretty much always been able to eat whatever and whenever without consiquence all my life.  I weigh 110lbs today at almost 44.  On the other hand, I have two girls who have struggled to keep their girlish shapes since they were about 8 and 9.  My younger girl will be going to cullunary school after graduation next year, she loves to cook but is pretty health conscience. Tallness is not about in our family either, I am 5'4 husband 5'6 and girls are 5'2 and 5'4.

What has seemed to work for the girls the most is definately small meals through out the day, more like snacking through the day. It seems to keep their metabolism ticking properly.  These small snacks  are based on healthy foods everyone has already mentioned above. They try to end their day with their main meal being dinner.  Nothing after 7pm.

I would like to address the fact that what may work well for some may not work well for others, there is no doubt that eating healthier, and some excersize is where I would start. Wink Good Luck to you!!

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2009, 03:27:23 PM »

breakfast on banana and dance while listening to cd.

I weighed 92-93 kilos last summer,

what? you gotta be like 6 feet tall.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2009, 03:56:29 PM »

Eat Breakfast and Don't Drink your calories

Little things like limiting refined sugars and switching everything to wheat helps also.

Wheat bread and buns, wheat pasta.

Gym work of course is a must.

that is a great starting point.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 03:58:07 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2009, 04:21:00 PM »

aren't basically all pasta made of wheat? Pasta made of rye is better, not as good though

I weighed 92-93 kilos last summer,

what? you gotta be like 6 feet tall.

yup, 6'1 i think, (around 185 cm)

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2009, 04:34:51 PM »

banana is the answer.

then you weren't so overweighted/obese.
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2009, 04:39:05 PM »

never said i was  Wink just wanted to lose a few, mrlee aint that fat either hihi
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2009, 08:01:02 PM »

never said i was  Wink just wanted to lose a few, mrlee aint that fat either hihi
Im just a bit porky on the stomach  hihi

My thighs, well, like Axl im short, so i have Axl Rose thighs. So that doesnt bother me XD

html sucks
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2009, 01:53:05 AM »

1. Eat a lot of small healthy meals (5 meals per day, 3 of them just fruits/salads).

Start with breakfast, eat some fruit at 10-11 am, lunch at 1-2 pm, fruit/salad at 4-5 pm, fruit/salad for dinner. It will keep your metabolic rate high. The worst thing you can do is skip meals or don't eat at all. Your metabolism will adjust and will drop fast.

2. With regards to what you will eat (apart from fruits/vegetables) there are 2 ways to go:low fat or low carbohydrate diets. Both diets have been proven to be equally effective in the long term. In order to lose weight faster, go with the low carbohydrate diets (e.g. the Atkins diet or other variants).

3. Try eating at the same time each day, never skip meals, cut down on alcohol and avoid junk food at all costs (especially for dinner).

4. Exercise like a madman. Avoid anaerobic exercise (e.g. weight-lifting) and focus on aerobic exercise (e.g. running). Try to run for 45-60 mins 4 times a week.

5. Keep in mind that the human body under normal conditions simply cannot burn more than 800-900 grams of fat per week. It's a matter of biochemistry and physiology. So don't have greater expectations.

If you abide to these rules religiously, you will lose about 3,5 kilograms of fat per month. Good luck ok
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 11:48:16 AM by greekmule » Logged

homo homini lupus...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: