Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 06:45:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227890 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Deserves Respect
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Deserves Respect  (Read 18228 times)
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2005, 11:08:09 AM »

WRONG. FANS deserve respect.

Good call.  Most all of us on the boards respect Axl, thats why we're here. 

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2005, 11:20:20 AM »

no they don't god damnit, why the fuck or rather what the fuck have you done to deserve axl's respect? you or any other fans don't deserve jack shit, we have already gotten hours of great music that will never ever die!

that was a plain stupid post imo.

great post btw ARC

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2005, 11:28:46 AM »

I'll second that.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 03:58:28 PM by Kayoss » Logged

Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2005, 11:40:04 AM »

i don't know if this has been said already...but respect goes 2 ways.

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2005, 11:42:37 AM »

but you people are forgetting one thing, I love Axl but he is the little girl that cried WOLF, and I see that as a mystake- he shouldn't have made a tour without an album, he shouldn't have said an album was coming (even if he said soon is not the word) he shouldn't have done anything, just record the album shutup and make a big surprise

but in the end I think he learned from his mystake and that is why we haven't got any news since buckethead's departure... but IT'S TOO LATE, HE ALREADY GOT US INTO WAITING...

sure maybe we shouldn't wait and feel bitter about it, but it's stronger than us.

+Merck and the others keep  saying soon, and they are ALWAYS WRONG !!

and that's why we are upset...
Fuck merck, shut the fuck up !

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2005, 11:44:41 AM »

no they don't god damnit, why the fuck or rather what the fuck have you done to deserve axl's respect? you or any other fans don't deserve jack shit, we have already gotten hours of great music that will never ever die!

great post btw ARC

Exactly!!!!!

why the fuck should an artist respect a loyal fan who speands their hard earned money on said artists albums , concerts , merchandise etc etc ... spend time making fansites dedicated to the artist , spend time talking about the artist and helping spread word about the artist and his or her work.

What an silly thought , artist respecting their fans.  Roll Eyes

slitherz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2005, 11:55:11 AM »

but you people are forgetting one thing, I love Axl but he is the little girl that cried WOLF, and I see that as a mystake- he shouldn't have made a tour without an album, he shouldn't have said an album was coming (even if he said soon is not the word) he shouldn't have done anything, just record the album shutup and make a big surprise

but in the end I think he learned from his mystake and that is why we haven't got any news since buckethead's departure... but IT'S TOO LATE, HE ALREADY GOT US INTO WAITING...

sure maybe we shouldn't wait and feel bitter about it, but it's stronger than us.

+Merck and the others keep  saying soon, and they are ALWAYS WRONG !!

and that's why we are upset...
Fuck merck, shut the fuck up !

good point...
Axl&Co just could have said that album isn't comming out anytime soon... but I guess Axl likes all these rumors, speculations... keeps GNR name alive...
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2005, 11:59:41 AM »

I respect what Axl has done for the Old GNR, but the verdict is still out on whether or not the NEw GNR desearves respect.  So far, the new GNR has not earned my respect.  But it doesn't matter.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2005, 12:09:29 PM »

"Axl Rose Deserves Respect"

I respect Axl Rose because he is not running to the commands of others.

I'll buy that one.

I respect Axl Rose because he is clearly not compromising his vision or art.

I'm not quite sure he has a clear vision that's compromisable

I respect Axl Rose because he is not playing the "celebrity" game by whoring himself to the media for attention.

Can't argue with that.

I respect Axl Rose for not settling for mediocrity.

The jury is still out on that one.

I respect Axl Rose for continuing to carry the burden of "Chinese Democracy" despite the weight it must be on his shoulders. (Evidence of Axl Rose's rumoured "large balls" here...)

No feeling here, he brought the burden on himself. ?He made his bed...

I respect Axl Rose for moving away from the Guns N' Roses "sound". Something called "creativity" - Bon Jovi should look and learn.

1 new song in 14+ years isn't enough to go on.

I respect Axl Rose for being the last of the great rock stars. A dying bunch...? No, a dead one. Well, there's one guy left.

Gotta disagree, there's plenty of rock stars around.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2005, 12:33:18 PM »

"Axl Rose Deserves Respect"

I respect Axl Rose because he is not running to the commands of others.

I respect Axl Rose because he is clearly not compromising his vision or art.

I respect Axl Rose because he is not playing the "celebrity" game by whoring himself to the media for attention.

I respect Axl Rose for not settling for mediocrity.

I respect Axl Rose for continuing to carry the burden of "Chinese Democracy" despite the weight it must be on his shoulders. (Evidence of Axl Rose's rumoured "large balls" here...)

I respect Axl Rose for moving away from the Guns N' Roses "sound". Something called "creativity" - Bon Jovi should look and learn.

I respect Axl Rose for being the last of the great rock stars. A dying bunch...? No, a dead one. Well, there's one guy left.

- Axl Rose Child

Axl Rose need to be told what to do at this point, because he seems to be motivated very little to put out any music let alone leave his house. Izzy and Alan Niven used to be up his ass about things and thats how things GOT DONE in the good ol' GNR.

I may respect the second point because its true that he clearly likes to do his own thing musically but what is it?! It is still very unclear what Axl's vision or art is since he hasn't put anything out, and has hired a bunch of random guys with random musical backgrounds to put together a unified body of music.

Axl's celebrity status in the late 1980s and early 1990s is the reason why most of us know his music. If he didn't care about his celebrity and making money, he could have gone the way of Izzy and been content performing in clubs and being a cult hitmake like the Ramones instead of putting together arena tours with Metallica. If Axl wants to see his nu work embraced by the people, he needs to become a celebrity again to some extent (maybe with the media exposure of Eminem - no two ways about it.

Axl certainly doesn't settle on mediocrity but what so mediocre in GNR from before!? And if anything, VR's new record Contraband was great, not mediocre, thereby refuting Axl's assertions that Slash didn;t want to work hard to make a successful album. If anything was mediocre from the ol' GNR it was "My World" - a solo Axl track on UYI.

It was Axl's decision ultimately to continue with the GNR name under his own terms. He never reached out to his former bandmates (he hasn;t spoken to Slash in 9 years, when Slash is clearly reachable and accessible) and decided to hire replacements to continue with. Its ultimately Axl's responsibility and if he really had balls, he would have put the record out by now or even for us fans, had some preview of the material, or even a press release telling us why he didn't have the balls to appear on stage in Philadephia in 2002.

Nothing wrong with being creative. But there were many rock bands before like the Beatles and Led Zeppelin who displayed mounds and mounds of creativity and rock n' roll innovations in short stints of time rather than Axl who has spend the last 10 years being creativite and producing nothing worthy of the old GNR successes. They also learned to get creative with the familiar bandmates that made the great music rather than pushing out old bandmates and hiring new ones which ultimately has compromised the release of new music.

Axl Rose was a rock star in 1993 when he performing and putting out music. He won't be a rock star again until he does the same and does it successfully, not in a shitty way that alienates fans like myself.
Axl Rose deserves respect for his activities between 1982-1994 from when he left Indiana to when he awarded Elton John at the Rock N' Roll HOF ceremonies in NYC. What has done to get respect since? Nothing. Rock Stars have balls andthey don;t retreat into their mansion to be taken care of by a middle-age South American lady.

MNW

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
smith13
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2005, 12:44:54 PM »

very well put
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2005, 12:48:35 PM »

great post btw ARC

So when fans pay $60-100 for a concert ticket, the fans don't desrve the respect of the artist they paid to see to show up rant  this lack of respect tends to cause riots and innocent people who paid there hard earned money find themselves in harms way.  Next time Axl takes his merryman on tour, i hope he doesn't show up at your venue and you get stuck on the floor when the chairs fly Grin
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2005, 12:54:08 PM »

I agree with a lot of this.
But respecting him for carrying the load for chinese democracy is ridiculous.
This is NOT a guy who is spending months and months perfecting a record.
From all reports, he went months and months without even working on it, and over the past 3 years since the tour ended, who knows how much he's actually spent on it.

I think Axl rules, but he lacks the ambition that the true great rock n roll stars have.
If he had it, we would have already had at least one spectacular record, and even without the record, we would have had more world-class live performances over the past 5 years.
I'm not going to reward him for his laziness or indifference over finishing this record. The delays fall squarely on him (and perhaps on lawsuits which may be out of his hands).
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2005, 01:17:18 PM »

And if anything, VR's new record Contraband was great, not mediocre,
  I happen to think Contraband was mediocre,  and a lot of people think like me.

Rock Stars have balls andthey don;t retreat into their mansion to be taken care of by a middle-age South American lady.

MNW

that sounds racist.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2005, 03:25:26 PM »

? I happen to think Contraband was mediocre,? and a lot of people think like me.

Rock Stars have balls andthey don;t retreat into their mansion to be taken care of by a middle-age South American lady.

MNW

that sounds racist.

Its healthy to be politically incorrect. I take after my hero Axl in his famous hit song "One In A Million."
Its the reality here in the USA that menial jobs are done by immigrants to our country. NOthing racist. My ancestor did similar work when they came here 100 years ago.
The reality is Axl's #1 confidant in the last 10 years is a South American nanny who used to care for Stephanie Seymour's son Dylan and her name is BETA LABEIS. Everyone here knows who she is.

I also think a lot of AXL Rose fans on the boards may love GNR's hits (obviously), but they are so caught up in Axl's trip that nothing else should exist in the world of GNR except his input and his direction.VR showed me at least that Slash, Duff particularly and Matt were capable of rocking harder than at any point since AFD, while going double platinum. GNR's Greatest Hits showed me that their input on all of GNR's hit songs hits a chord (no pun intended) with fans while also going double platinum. Meanwhile, it seems more to me that a nu-GNR record might only sell with the hard core members on these boards and not with the mainstream as it once did. Not to say its bad music - it could very well be great, but the way Axl carries things since 1995, he may not fully involve himself and his band as needed to get the music out like he once did as a struggling musician in 1985 Hollywood.

MNR
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 03:32:06 PM by marknroses » Logged

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2005, 03:35:14 PM »

? I happen to think Contraband was mediocre,? and a lot of people think like me.

MNW

that sounds racist.

Its healthy to be politically incorrect. I take after my hero Axl in his famous hit song "One In A Million."
Its the reality here in the USA that menial jobs are done by immigrants to our country. NOthing racist. My ancestor did similar work when they came here 100 years ago.
The reality is Axl's #1 confidant in the last 10 years is a South American nanny who used to care for Stephanie Seymour's son Dylan and her name is BETA LABEIS. Everyone here knows who she is.

MNR

Bro, you might start treading on some thin ice with that "One in a Million" comment no.

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2005, 03:39:39 PM »

great post btw ARC

Exactly!!!!!

why the fuck should an artist respect a loyal fan who speands their hard earned money on said artists albums , concerts , merchandise etc etc ... spend time making fansites dedicated to the artist , spend time talking about the artist and helping spread word about the artist and his or her work.

What an silly thought , artist respecting their fans.? Roll Eyes

imo, the only respect artists want and need from average fans is that they actually buy the music they put out and don't download it i.e. if you don't like the music, fine fuck off. if you like it great, but just because you like it and want more doesn't mean you're entitled to anything else from the artist.... What, would you want to have dinner with Axl and chat about how great estranged is? he would probobly die of bordom and we don't want that now do we.

great post btw ARC

So when fans pay $60-100 for a concert ticket, the fans don't desrve the respect of the artist they paid to see to show up rant this lack of respect tends to cause riots and innocent people who paid there hard earned money find themselves in harms way. Next time Axl takes his merryman on tour, i hope he doesn't show up at your venue and you get stuck on the floor when the chairs fly Grin

i haven't been to any riots, but i have been let down once in 91, twice in 02 and rir in 04 which i had tickets for all shows so don't fucking tell me about how much i deserve this and that. just because americans are so fucking up tight about getting their money worth, and wanting all kinds of aditional shit on top of that etc. that they must start a riot every time they don't get exactly what they want, please, go to Duane Reed and buy a litre of Listerine, you'll get 30% free...

gn'r has played maybe a thousand gigs, and there has been what like three riots. if i remember correctly they also did makeup gigs for most of the no shows on the illusion tour, plus you get your fucking hard earned money back when they don't show up anyway so just quit it.... jeeez...

Axl has cried wolf you say, well the only one who will suffer from that is Axl, NOT YOU OR ANYONE ELSE. except for maybe sanctuary... hihi

if the music that you already have isn't enough for you, you should atleast not spend time on this board bitchin' about how we deserve this and that from Axl.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2005, 03:44:56 PM »

Shocked Feel better now erose? hihi Chill dude smoking

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2005, 03:49:25 PM »

Shocked Feel better now erose? hihi Chill dude smoking

yeah dude, had a little trouble there, lightening my spliff... hihi but it's all good. smoking

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2005, 03:50:11 PM »

This threads getting pretty hateful. Shocked ?

From personal experience, and from I guess getting older, I'll probably never go to a GNR show again. ? I hate waiting in an arena with a bunch of drunk kids for 2 hours waiting for Axl, then worry that someone will throw him a wrong look and he storms off. ?Maybe it because I'm American, right erose?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: