Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 12:00:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228016 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Deserves Respect
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Deserves Respect  (Read 18497 times)
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2005, 03:52:36 PM »

Respect... a word that is essentially a 2 way street. We wait and we wait. We get a few live shows (LV and RiR3). He tells us the album will be here "soon". We wait and we wait. More shows, a (sort of) tour with some great original material and we get told the album will be here "soon". Then....

NOTHING

Well we hear rumours that come from the band members themselves. Nothing happens.

I respect the music as I have always done. But to respect a person who himself is playing the same sort of games he shouted down other people for playing is a hard push. I'm not here for Axl or any particular member (past or present). It's the music, that is what is important. Many here seems to have lost sight of that. We have a lack of that one thing, the one thing that is most important to any bands existence.

This is not to say I do not not respect Axl for certain decisions he's made in life, the fact is I'm just a fan wanting to hear new material from a band I have decided to throw my support behind (I haven't thrown my full support behind many bands). It's the music I want.. not the glitz, glamour and personality behind it all. I know that there is huge potential in this band and I just want it unleashed. To hear a new greatness to an already great musical legacy.

I will end this shortly, but before that I have this to say:

Anyone who believes the respect we give is more to the person rather than the music is deluded, the music comes first, then the personality behind it. I have been a fan of GnR since 87 when the ISE single was released (an uncle bought the pic disc 12". I now own this as it was passed to me after his death.)

A realist vew? maybe. A Pessimists view? definitly not, I belive we will hear the tracks one way or another in the future whether official or not.

The potential is still there, but at the end of the day, hearing is believing.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 04:00:01 PM by Scree77 » Logged

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2005, 03:59:08 PM »

I have little respect for him because he has none for his fans.  This is not just about CD, it's about a failure to honor committments to his supporters.  I disrespect his tardiness, I disrespect his immature childish behavior, I disrespect him for burning all his bridges.  To get respect you have to give respect and Asshole Rose thinks he is too good to do this!
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2005, 04:34:13 PM »

Hey Erose, I mean Jackass, I mean Erose,

Your confusing the two GnR's man.

I'm specifically talking about the 2002 version, the last tour 15-20 dates bookended by a riot at the beginning of the tour in Canada and the end of the tour in America.  Yeah, I may have a fucking sense of entitlement to see the fucking band I pay to see, imagine the nerve of me and 20,000 other people.  No, I wasn't one of the rioters, i was the one ducking trying to get out of their unscathed.

And, the old GnR may have played thousands of shows (and I think that's an exageration, maybe 1500-2000 tops) but they havent toured since 1993/4.  This GnR the you vehemently defend played, what, 20 shows and the tour was scrapped b/c the promoter pulled the plug.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2005, 05:19:26 PM »

And if anything, VR's new record Contraband was great, not mediocre,
  I happen to think Contraband was mediocre,  and a lot of people think like me.

Rock Stars have balls andthey don;t retreat into their mansion to be taken care of by a middle-age South American lady.

MNW

that sounds racist.

Its healthy to be politically incorrect. I take after my hero Axl in his famous hit song "One In A Million."
Its the reality here in the USA that menial jobs are done by immigrants to our country. NOthing racist. My ancestor did similar work when they came here 100 years ago.
The reality is Axl's #1 confidant in the last 10 years is a South American nanny who used to care for Stephanie Seymour's son Dylan and her name is BETA LABEIS. Everyone here knows who she is.

MNR

Bro, you might start treading on some thin ice with that "One in a Million" comment no.

Exactly, it depends on the interpretation he has for the song, and it looks like I was right  ok

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2005, 05:49:24 PM »

I can't believe how  some people can be so negitive!! Very sad!!

All I can say is I BELIEVE!!!
amy l

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2005, 05:56:30 PM »

? I happen to think Contraband was mediocre,? and a lot of people think like me.

Rock Stars have balls andthey don;t retreat into their mansion to be taken care of by a middle-age South American lady.

MNW

that sounds racist.

Its healthy to be politically incorrect. I take after my hero Axl in his famous hit song "One In A Million."
Its the reality here in the USA that menial jobs are done by immigrants to our country. NOthing racist. My ancestor did similar work when they came here 100 years ago.
The reality is Axl's #1 confidant in the last 10 years is a South American nanny who used to care for Stephanie Seymour's son Dylan and her name is BETA LABEIS. Everyone here knows who she is.

MNR

Bro, you might start treading on some thin ice with that "One in a Million" comment no.

Exactly, it depends on the interpretation he has for the song, and it looks like I was right? ok

Why would that comment get anyone "treading on thin ice"?  It's an opinion.  Isn't that what a message board is for?

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2005, 06:08:24 PM »

? I happen to think Contraband was mediocre,? and a lot of people think like me.

MNW

that sounds racist.

MNR

Exactly, it depends on the interpretation he has for the song, and it looks like I was right? ok

Why would that comment get anyone "treading on thin ice"?? It's an opinion.? Isn't that what a message board is for?

Sure...

And my opinion is that he would be treading on thin ice.  Not that those song lyrics ever upset anyone. Roll Eyes  That song is a black eye for GNR. Always has been, always will be imo and in alot of other peoples opinion as well.  Play that song for some African Americans, and watch their opinion, since you want to bring opinions up there  kayoss Roll Eyes  Saying "Niggers" and "Faggots" isn't P.C. it's racist.  But thats for another thread.

jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2005, 06:13:31 PM »

FYI...blacks use niggers in their lyrics and conversations a hell of a lot more than GnR ever did
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2005, 06:19:04 PM »

FYI...blacks use niggers in their lyrics and conversations a hell of a lot more than GnR ever did

True.  It's called a double standard.  If you have a sister, you might tease her and call her a slut just for fun.  Would you like it if I called her a slut?  Anyways, I know Jarmo doesn't want this topic in the thread so I'm out.

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2005, 06:33:34 PM »

Lets get one thing straight - there is a lot to admire about Axl Rose 87-93.

Specifically, his drive, his gravitas as a frontman, his uncomfortably honest lyricism, his cocky swagger blended with that lurking vulnerability and that raw, affecting voice.

As far as respect goes, it is a hard thing to grant him. I certainly respect the aspects I've just mentioned as I would respect those traits in anybody. But respect is something that can be chipped away at especially when that respect is not reciprocated in any capacity.

And that brings me to the point of this. Those who chose to preach the predictable drivel that is "live your life", "Axl doesn't owe you anything" etc.. etc.. are missing the point by a considerable margin.
It is irrefutible in my view, ?that Axl has disrespected not only his loyal fanbase over the last 5-10 yrs, but also the GN'R legacy and name.

Someone who respects his fans would not promise his rabid fanbase an album only to not deliver for whatever reason, but offer no explanation or even communication even in the way of a "the album has been delayed" or such like. Someone who respects his fans doesn't do no-shows to his concerts and again offer no explanation as to why after the ensuing riot. Someone who respects his fans, doesn't childishly look to blame anyone and everyone every time something goes wrong.

When Axl re-emerged a few years ago, I was really hoping he'd grown up a bit and could be relied upon a bit more. Instead we saw the same bullshit that had been growing in prominence on the UYI tour. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Axls rants and rages as much as the next guy, but when youi fail to turn up to a show and a riot breaks out and then you have the audacity to blame someone else when it was clearly your doing, I just see that as childish as opposed to dangerous or "on the edge" or whatever. Same goes with the lengthy and lofty press releases blaming anyone and everyone (see Buckethead) when it is clear to the rationally thinking world who has caused these dillemas.

So, in short, I am hoping Axl can win some respect back from his fans. He's treated them appallingly. I certainly used to respect Axl, and I certainly admire what he achieved a while ago now.

So, in my view, Axl is the one who should be perhaps asking himself about the issue of respect and it's implications.

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2005, 06:50:03 PM »

Great post Jimmy, the only thing I'd disagree was the timeline.

About 87 to 90 for me.   

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2005, 07:06:22 PM »

About 87 to 90 for me.? ?

Another good one Jimmy.  I have to agree with Falcon on the timeline as well.  If we see a mature Axl, then I honestly believe he will take the world by storm. 

jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2005, 07:33:00 PM »

About 87 to 90 for me.? ?

yeah i think I was being a tad generous there

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2005, 07:47:12 PM »

If we see a mature Axl, then I honestly believe he will take the world by storm.?

A mature Axl would be an interesting study, allthough I think his days of taking the world by storm
are long since gone.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
RichardNixon
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2005, 07:51:20 PM »

I think the Nero "fall of Rome" era Axl was far more interesting and creative than the younger Axl of AFD.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2005, 07:53:58 PM »

If Axl stil perform like he always have done. And still be the rockstar he was. He WILL take the world with storm. Couse he really is a prototype!
There have never been someone like him, and there wont be in the future, other himself...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2005, 08:03:24 PM »

Hey Erose, I mean Jackass, I mean Erose,

Your confusing the two GnR's man.

I'm specifically talking about the 2002 version, the last tour 15-20 dates bookended by a riot at the beginning of the tour in Canada and the end of the tour in America.? Yeah, I may have a fucking sense of entitlement to see the fucking band I pay to see, imagine the nerve of me and 20,000 other people.? No, I wasn't one of the rioters, i was the one ducking trying to get out of their unscathed.

And, the old GnR may have played thousands of shows (and I think that's an exageration, maybe 1500-2000 tops) but they havent toured since 1993/4.? This GnR the you vehemently defend played, what, 20 shows and the tour was scrapped b/c the promoter pulled the plug.

i'm not confusing the old and the new band, i had both in mind.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2005, 08:07:44 PM »

I'm waiting now for the inevitable Scott Stapp Deserves Respect post to show up on the net somewhere.

"Creed's sound is my sound," Stapp says, lounging on a sofa backstage before an appearance on "The Tonight Show." "I think my record is going to speak for itself to the Creed fans. I think it's going to be like when Sting left The Police."

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2005, 08:09:34 PM »

I'm waiting now for the inevitable Scott Stapp Deserves Respect post to show up on the net somewhere.

"Creed's sound is my sound," Stapp says, lounging on a sofa backstage before an appearance on "The Tonight Show." "I think my record is going to speak for itself to the Creed fans. I think it's going to be like when Sting left The Police."

gee, the essence of Stapps words sound kind of familiar - mmm..??
bold words for sure

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2005, 08:09:54 PM »

Specifically, his drive, his gravitas as a frontman, his uncomfortably honest lyricism, his cocky swagger blended with that lurking vulnerability and that raw, affecting voice.

As far as respect goes, it is a hard thing to grant him. I certainly respect the aspects I've just mentioned as I would respect those traits in anybody. But respect is something that can be chipped away at especially when that respect is not reciprocated in any capacity.

And that brings me to the point of this. Those who chose to preach the predictable drivel that is "live your life", "Axl doesn't owe you anything" etc.. etc.. are missing the point by a considerable margin.
It is irrefutible in my view, ?that Axl has disrespected not only his loyal fanbase over the last 5-10 yrs, but also the GN'R legacy and name.

Someone who respects his fans would not promise his rabid fanbase an album only to not deliver for whatever reason, but offer no explanation or even communication even in the way of a "the album has been delayed" or such like. Someone who respects his fans doesn't do no-shows to his concerts and again offer no explanation as to why after the ensuing riot. Someone who respects his fans, doesn't childishly look to blame anyone and everyone every time something goes wrong.

When Axl re-emerged a few years ago, I was really hoping he'd grown up a bit and could be relied upon a bit more. Instead we saw the same bullshit that had been growing in prominence on the UYI tour. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Axls rants and rages as much as the next guy, but when youi fail to turn up to a show and a riot breaks out and then you have the audacity to blame someone else when it was clearly your doing, I just see that as childish as opposed to dangerous or "on the edge" or whatever. Same goes with the lengthy and lofty press releases blaming anyone and everyone (see Buckethead) when it is clear to the rationally thinking world who has caused these dillemas.

So, in short, I am hoping Axl can win some respect back from his fans. He's treated them appallingly. I certainly used to respect Axl, and I certainly admire what he achieved a while ago now.

So, in my view, Axl is the one who should be perhaps asking himself about the issue of respect and it's implications.
Great point, Jimmy. This could be why we still dont have CD. Maybe Axl senses the inevitable trainwreck, and wants to delay it as long as possible.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: