Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 07:45:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228018 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Deserves Respect
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Deserves Respect  (Read 18526 times)
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2005, 08:16:27 PM »

ok
ya know ive allwayz loved those rather eccm large balls myself (giggle giggle).i like were you are coming from in this post.

the one an only horsey !
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2005, 09:08:27 PM »

Items 1-3, I can agree with.
Items 4-7 there simply is not enough evidence to say anything one way or the other.
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2005, 10:30:07 PM »

THIS  POST IS OFF TOPIC.. SKIP IT IF YOU ARE A WHINER OR BITCHY TYPE:

I wrote a post in this thread as you have seen. As per usual noone reponded to my own thoughts. I need to know why.

Are they boring? or is it that there is no arguments from those who read it? This is what happens to most of my posts, I just need to know why. No ego stroking or anything else. I just want plain answers (without starting a new thread and without hijacking this one, so make sure you also poast in the context of this thread)

Thank you.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2005, 11:01:19 PM »

^
way to kill a thread dude  hihi

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2005, 11:19:56 PM »

THIS  POST IS OFF TOPIC.. SKIP IT IF YOU ARE A WHINER OR BITCHY TYPE:

I wrote a post in this thread as you have seen. As per usual noone reponded to my own thoughts. I need to know why.

Are they boring? or is it that there is no arguments from those who read it? This is what happens to most of my posts, I just need to know why. No ego stroking or anything else. I just want plain answers (without starting a new thread and without hijacking this one, so make sure you also poast in the context of this thread)

Thank you.

*wispers to security* Does anybody know who this guy is? Hmm.. Scree... *mutters to himself* scree scree scree... OOO! SCCCCRRREEEEEEE!! HEY! Whats been up pal!? Yeah, seriously long time no see! Well good luck on getting some respect around here. You deserve it  ok .... *waits till he walks away* ... Did anyone know who that guy was?

Heh.. jk bro..

gnrevolution.com
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2005, 11:41:27 PM »

If Axl stil perform like he always have done. And still be the rockstar he was. He WILL take the world with storm. Couse he really is a prototype!
There have never been someone like him, and there wont be in the future, other himself...

Axl's almost exactly like Jim Morrison except more psychotic and a little higher vocal range.
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2005, 11:48:49 PM »

^
way to kill a thread dude  hihi

I chose you as the quotable one, tho vasoline73 had a very humerous post (thanks both of you)

Tho I do seem to be a thread killer, I need to know (for my own benifit) why? I mean am I so boring noone wants to respond or is it simply logic that people on the web don't appreciate?

I want this thread to continue. All because it is a serious issue. Will it help if I said:

AXL SUCKS. OLD GnR FTW

?

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2005, 11:52:54 PM »

^
way to kill a thread dude? hihi

I chose you as the quotable one, tho vasoline73 had a very humerous post (thanks both of you)

Tho I do seem to be a thread killer, I need to know (for my own benifit) why? I mean am I so boring noone wants to respond or is it simply logic that people on the web don't appreciate?

I want this thread to continue. All because it is a serious issue. Will it help if I said:

AXL SUCKS. OLD GnR FTW

?
No, thats a way for people to start hating you. People wont respond to every single post you make. Its like that for all of us. Do you want all of us to love you? Then leak CD! rofl

Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2005, 12:12:59 AM »

No, thats a way for people to start hating you. People wont respond to every single post you make. Its like that for all of us. Do you want all of us to love you? Then leak CD! rofl

Hate/love means nothing to me on the net. It does not exist on this forum to me (and for the good). I just want to get to the bottom of this (unfortunatly for everyone I chose this thread, btw mods, this is not a hijack, I'm curious like the nosey bastard I am).

Once I recieve a possible answer that is more than a few lines (less humour more serious.. read my initial post in this thread). I promise I will leave this thread  for good once I recieve an answer more than "OMG you suxxorz" or "you are fucking boring"... At least back up the reason with a why.

btw.. I respect Axl as a person because of certainf things he has done in his life/career. He has done me no wrong . I respect however the music, which is worth far more to us.

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2005, 01:10:08 AM »

You'll get a responce... the time will come!

Btw.. I respect Axl alot. For C.D.. that guy must get so much shit.. and thank god hes taking the time to make sure it isn't anything less than what we expect from the GN'R name. We will have it.. "soon"

Maybe hes a jerk sometimes.. but he cares about us.. lol. I think.. ?  ok

gnrevolution.com
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2005, 04:11:12 AM »

I have loads of respect for the things Axl has done.  I don't have respect for what Axl is doing.  There's a big difference.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Warchild
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2005, 05:05:13 AM »

Nice Post ARC.........

WC

Thank you very much, my old friend.

I think Here Today... needs the Warchild. Smiley

Ahhhh that is why you are posting lyrics to "Wish you were here?"

I have been here a long time! mostly perusing........

the most Infamous WARCHILD
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2005, 09:04:15 AM »

I have loads of respect for the things Axl has done.? I don't have respect for what Axl is doing.? There's a big difference.

Good words Rob.

How can you have respect for virtually 12 years of silence?

Axl wants his privacy you say. Ok fine, but as a musical Icon he has some obligations too. It's just the way it is, when you are famous people want to know WTF is up. Personally I'm not a fan of Tabloid shit but alot of people eat it up. whatever that's not the point I'm trying to make.

1. For everything Axl has done musically I've enjoyed it tremendously so yes i have respect for his past acheivements.

2. When i saw GnR on tour on 2002 he was incredible still and i have respect for his talents on the show i saw.

3. For his cancelled shows and resulting Riots in 2002. WTF dude!!! you still have the power to incite a Riot. and that's pretty crazy to have that much control over people emotions. But i can't respect that, you promised the shows...play the fucking shows. Really old news so I'm over it. but i was disappointed 1 for the Van show cuz i already had Ticks for Toronto and thought the tour wouldn't last, and after i saw them in Toronto I was blown away and for the tour to be wiped out after liek 15 shows or whatever, I was pretty bummed. But like i said old hat, water under the bridge.

4. Now I don't know the details behind it, but the Metallica/GnR show in Montreal when James Hetfeild was burnt. K again GnR had the ability to save the day but Axl, for whatever reason (Sore throat blamed), decided not to finish the show, result: Riot. Dude you could have been a hero WTF. Sorry but can't respect that decision. but again that is wayyy old news so I don't care anymore, but at the time i was like WOW!! Shocked why would he be like that.

5. and my main point. 12 year Hiatus in recording a record...... Come-on. Honestly 12 years? WTF I think Axl is a great musician and all but 12 fucking years. Get Er Done already. jeez! Courtcases and personal life aside. all i can say is HOLY SHIT finish the damn thing already so I can respect your 'new' work. It's hard for me to respect something intangible, ya know what I'm sayin'? I don't give a shit if Dizzy says it's "great", or if Tommy thinks it's "Earth Shattering", let me hear it so I can make my own mind up.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2005, 09:58:52 AM »

I think he is a misunderstood guy.  and obviously he deserves respect, like everybody. he is a human beeing.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2005, 10:09:00 AM »

12 years of silence...? Wasn't the guy touring just three years ago?

Anyway - I respect Axl for what he is NOT doing. (i.e. accepting mediocrity & selling his soul)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2005, 10:18:19 AM »

12 years of silence...? Wasn't the guy touring just three years ago?

Anyway - I respect Axl for what he is NOT doing. (i.e. accepting mediocrity & selling his soul)

Note i said VIRTUALLY hihi

PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2005, 10:26:42 AM »

I am 29 and yes, I respect Axl 1993-Previous for his genius musical contributions.  However I don't repect Axl of today.  He has become a parody.  His rants in the 2002 tour were really immature and not backed up by a lot of facts.  He still can't be relied on to actually make a show.  REMEMBER if Axl does ever tour again, what are the chances it will actually finish?  Not great, and then were right back where we started. 

I imagine Axl is surronded by a bunch of "yes" men.  He is filthy rich, and none of his leeches have the balls to tell him to get his head out of his ass.  That's what I think.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
shaun
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2005, 10:30:17 AM »

I believe one day Axl Rose will be regarded as one of the greats. Even if C.D. bombs, future generations will appreciate it. His time will come

CD will not bomb. Every G n'R addict will pick up a copy.
what will be interesting is to see if any of the tracks will make for good singles and how well those singles do and how many non G n'R fans will be drawn to the new G n'R line up  Smiley

as for the comments he once made about some of the new tracks simply being B Sides remains to be heard. I can't rember off of the top of my head weather it was The Blues or Madagascar he was refering to?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 10:32:49 AM by D0badog » Logged
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2005, 10:37:20 AM »

Sure Axl misses shows, makes ridiculous rants and generally causes chaos...

But... thats Axl Rose.

I - for one - wouldn't want him any other way.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2005, 11:00:24 AM »

Sure Axl misses shows, makes ridiculous rants and generally causes chaos...

But... thats Axl Rose.

I - for one - wouldn't want him any other way.

bazing !, you're so right  hihi but he isn't causing much chaos now, I blame him not for missing shows, make ridiculous rants and cause chaos but FOR DISAPPEARING Angry

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: