Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:32:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Deserves Respect
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Deserves Respect  (Read 18299 times)
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2005, 11:02:57 AM »

Sure Axl misses shows, makes ridiculous rants and generally causes chaos...

But... thats Axl Rose.

I - for one - wouldn't want him any other way.

bazing !, you're so right? hihi but he isn't causing much chaos now, I blame him not for missing shows, make ridiculous rants and cause chaos but FOR DISAPPEARING Angry

Well, he'll be in the studio with Richard over the weekend (I presume) trying to do something about that.
shaun
« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2005, 11:44:43 AM »

Sure Axl misses shows, makes ridiculous rants and generally causes chaos...

But... thats Axl Rose.

I - for one - wouldn't want him any other way.

bazing !, you're so right  hihi but he isn't causing much chaos now, I blame him not for missing shows, make ridiculous rants and cause chaos but FOR DISAPPEARING Angry

Well, he'll be in the studio with Richard over the weekend (I presume) trying to do something about that.

"so then Rich, we have 2 completed tracks and 3 that need some polish and ideas for 5 more, so we could maybe end up with 10 for worlds best album eva"  Grin
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2005, 03:21:42 PM »

yeah, "lets finish this baby off" (an EP)  hihi

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2005, 03:37:51 PM »

Axl deserves respect f for what he (along with the rest of the old band) did for rock music during the late 80s early 90s when they kicked the collective ass of generic hair sissy rock all the while not become grungy self-loathing pricks. He deserves respect for keeping the old band together when they could have easily drowned in substance abuse from the get go. I can't say I respect the way he treats his fans-but then again, plenty of stars treat their fans poorly. I can't say if he deserves entire respect for his artistic vision until I hear a completed work.He has my personal gratitude for the show I saw in 2002, which is still the best rock concert ive ever been too.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 03:41:36 PM by NickNastyIII: The Return » Logged

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2005, 05:06:52 PM »

I am 29 and yes, I respect Axl 1993-Previous for his genius musical contributions.? However I don't repect Axl of today.? He has become a parody.? His rants in the 2002 tour were really immature and not backed up by a lot of facts.? He still can't be relied on to actually make a show.? REMEMBER if Axl does ever tour again, what are the chances it will actually finish?? Not great, and then were right back where we started.?

I imagine Axl is surronded by a bunch of "yes" men.? He is filthy rich, and none of his leeches have the balls to tell him to get his head out of his ass.? That's what I think.

Apparantly, alot of those Yes Men post in this room becaue I'm getting sick of reading Axl apologists saying how great he is when he hasn't done shit in 12 yrs except release "Oh My God" and play 15-20 shows of a world tour that began and ended with riots.  As for the "new music" he played during that tour, it's not the GnR I used to know and love thats for sure.  And for the performances, the band looks like a bunch of wooden marionettes and Axl looks bloated w/ a plastic face, a bad weave, and his voice sounded weak and unsure.  Not like he sounded during the AFD and UYI days at all. 

I respect him for the music he did from 85-93, but since than, what's there to respect him for?
Warchild
« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2005, 01:05:08 AM »

Yeah, I Think ARC is right.........

THE warchild here...and I am reading the same old whiny-ass complaints.........
Society turns on people who don't play by the rules, and that seems to be the case with a LOT of people here......

The "fans" (and I use this word loosely, some don't seem like fans at ALL) Are NOT automatically
"entitled" to any information at all, unless the artist CHOOSES to inform them,

Just because you went to some concerts, bought some CD's and listened to the music does NOT
automatically give you access into every aspect of someone's life........Got It?

Some things and events, problems...etc...ad nauseum are NOT for Public consumption.

and you do not NEED information, you WANT information......that is the difference.
You have your NEEDS and WANTS confused.

Exactly how much money have any of YOU spent on the New Album..HuhHuh That's what I thought.

The Album WILL be released and if you don't want to wait.......DON'T
Pissed off and don't wanna buy it?......DON'T

it's real simple.........

You wanna worship at the altar of REAL rock? Well it is ALL or  NOTHING
NO COMPROMISE.......with self OR music.......perfectionist......YEAH!

Some can't fake despair or pretend ecstacy......some can't just "go through the motions" to make a buck........(some CAN but I won't mention them right now)

The world is expecting an ecstatic, original, UNfuckingBelievable Album that will change the face of music...........and the vipers are at the ready to shoot and kill any and all effort........

I am QUITE sure the wait will be well worth  your precious time..........

GUNS N' FUCKING ROSES ...........BELIEVE IT!!!!

W.
Warchild
« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2005, 05:23:33 AM »

What's up WC? Wink

ARC, Warchild and Bach....reminds me of old times

Kiss

WHERE IN THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?......I have been venting again......

WARCHILD, ARC, and BACH..........The triune holy trouble team......ressurected!

GUNS N' FUCKING ROSES.........BELIEVE IT!!!!
WARCHILD
ARC
VIP

« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2005, 10:34:56 AM »

Society turns on people who don't play by the rules, and that seems to be the case with a LOT of people here......

The "fans" (and I use this word loosely, some don't seem like fans at ALL) Are NOT automatically

Just because you went to some concerts, bought some CD's and listened to the music does NOT
automatically give you access into every aspect of someone's life........Got It?

Some things and events, problems...etc...ad nauseum are NOT for Public consumption.

and you do not NEED information, you WANT information......that is the difference.

Exactly how much money have any of YOU spent on the New Album..HuhHuh That's what I thought.

You wanna worship at the altar of REAL rock? Well it is ALL or? NOTHING

Some can't fake despair or pretend ecstacy......some can't just "go through the motions" to make a buck........(some CAN but I won't mention them right now)

The world is expecting an ecstatic, original, UNfuckingBelievable Album that will change the face of music...........and the vipers are at the ready to shoot and kill any and all effort........

I am QUITE sure the wait will be well worth? your precious time..........

W.

And here is a post that deserves respect ...

On the button, as always.

Don't suppose you're interested in jumping ship are you Mr. Warchild...?  Cheesy
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #88 on: December 09, 2005, 10:55:21 AM »

I agree with Rob and Nesquick, as Axl needs to be isolated cause he decided to is also a human being that needs his own little world not to be touch so I think that even though Axl hasn't done too much in the las years at least he is not whoring himself to the media like ARC said.
On the other hand I would really like any class of information, even if he said CD will be out in 2020 I don't give a fuck but I know it will be out someday.

No man can be my equal
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2005, 11:00:20 AM »

Some advice to the people from that other board (AKA Mygnrforum), here we like to keep the threads on topic and private conversations should be done via PMs/e-mails.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ARC
VIP

« Reply #90 on: December 09, 2005, 11:06:07 AM »

Some advice to the people from that other board (AKA Mygnrforum), here we like to keep the threads on topic and private conversations should be done via PMs/e-mails.

/jarmo

See Madison, Jarmo asks nicely.

Appreciated Mr Jarmo and understood.
Warchild
« Reply #91 on: December 09, 2005, 11:17:42 AM »

You wanna worship at the altar of REAL rock? Well it is ALL or? NOTHING

I am QUITE sure the wait will be well worth? your precious time..........

W.

And here is a post that deserves respect ...

On the button, as always.

Don't suppose you're interested in jumping ship are you Mr. Warchild...?? Cheesy

ARC ....WARchild can multitask rather well at times........

And BACK ON TOPIC......I for one, am SICK and TIRED of people who slag and Bitch because someone

plays by their OWN rules and REFUSES to compromise.......To Follow Societies Established rules.....and

Follows their OWN Standard of EXCELLENCE.............and is criticised for it! IT IS VICTORY OR DEATH ......REALIZED

You Want Axl To Be a HellHound Untamed Rocker, but expect him to cater to fans like a whipped lapdog??

AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN.......you cannot have it both ways........

I AM QUITE SURE THIS WILL HAVE BEEN WORTH THE WAIT........the fucking EAGLES took 14 years

between releases..........

I RESPECT INTEGRITY .....so I will wait until it is ready

GUNS N' FUCKING ROSES...........BELIEVE IT...........I DO!!!!

WARCHILD
ARC
VIP

« Reply #92 on: December 09, 2005, 11:21:02 AM »

You Want Axl To Be a HellHound Untamed Rocker, but expect him to cater to fans like a whipped lapdog??

Fantastic point.

Axl Rose is a hellhound & I'm glad he is.

Wouldn't want him to turn into Bono.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2005, 11:38:26 AM »

I am 29 and yes, I respect Axl 1993-Previous for his genius musical contributions.? However I don't repect Axl of today.? He has become a parody.? His rants in the 2002 tour were really immature and not backed up by a lot of facts.? He still can't be relied on to actually make a show.? REMEMBER if Axl does ever tour again, what are the chances it will actually finish?? Not great, and then were right back where we started.?

I imagine Axl is surronded by a bunch of "yes" men.? He is filthy rich, and none of his leeches have the balls to tell him to get his head out of his ass.? That's what I think.

Apparantly, alot of those Yes Men post in this room becaue I'm getting sick of reading Axl apologists saying how great he is when he hasn't done shit in 12 yrs except release "Oh My God" and play 15-20 shows of a world tour that began and ended with riots.? As for the "new music" he played during that tour, it's not the GnR I used to know and love thats for sure.? And for the performances, the band looks like a bunch of wooden marionettes and Axl looks bloated w/ a plastic face, a bad weave, and his voice sounded weak and unsure.? Not like he sounded during the AFD and UYI days at all.?

I respect him for the music he did from 85-93, but since than, what's there to respect him for?

how about, not bending over for anyone, doing exactly what he wants when he wants, working with some of the best mucicians in the worl, working with some of the best producers in the world, living a privete life and not selling his ass to the media or to the "fans". Thats basically everyones dream and he's living it. i think thats worth respecting, don't you?

to bad you don't get your needs fullfilled, the good thing about that is that Axl doesn't give a flyin' fuck so he will not compromise no matter what. he's probobly laughing at you for even opening you mouth, as if you would have anything relevant to ad to the situation.

you even bitch about the mans looks, what the fuck is up with that lol? the man isn't in his 20's anymore, get over it. and you obviousely haven't heard much from the 02 shows because the guy can sing better than anyone, "his voice is weak" yeah right...

"it's not the GnR I used to know and love thats for sure" which is the whole point and it always have been, it's called development or something, i thank god for stearing Axl away from doing another appetite. thats one of the brilliant aspects about gn'r, none of the records sound like eachother...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2005, 11:39:33 AM »

Fantastic point.

Axl Rose is a hellhound & I'm glad he is.

Wouldn't want him to turn into Bono.

brilliant point.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Warchild
« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2005, 12:07:18 PM »

IN ADDITION.......he DESERVES RESPECT because he is imperfect and ADMITS TO IT.....going public

with the Bipolar1 aka Manic Depression Diagnosis......THAT IS STILL A STIGMA IN TODAY'S SOCIETY

and it took GUTS to admit to it.........

We Should RESPECT HIM because he admits being as fucked up as we all are to one degree or

another.....and Fighting his OWN set of personal Demons THROUGH THE MUSIC......That is why we

relate to "Estranged" RAW FUCKING EMOTION..........

and the Melancholic NOVEMBER RAIN..........The Desperation of COMA............

HAVE the common courtesy, and YEAH RESPECT to Let him do things his own way.....cause he is

going to anyway...........FANS ARE NOT ENTITLED TO ANYTHING......YOU WANT INFO.....and

DON'T "NEED" it............You will have Album and info when it is ready and NOT BEFORE.......

RESPECT THAT..........

WARCHILD
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2005, 05:06:46 PM »

The only thing Axl deserves is a swift kick in the ass, as do all those on here who can't see through his faults.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2005, 09:22:54 PM »

I respect the music as I have always done. But to respect a person who himself is playing the same sort of games he shouted down other people for playing is a hard push. I'm not here for Axl or any particular member (past or present). It's the music, that is what is important. Many here seems to have lost sight of that. We have a lack of that one thing, the one thing that is most important to any bands existence.

This is not to say I do not not respect Axl for certain decisions he's made in life, the fact is I'm just a fan wanting to hear new material from a band I have decided to throw my support behind (I haven't thrown my full support behind many bands). It's the music I want.. not the glitz, glamour and personality behind it all. I know that there is huge potential in this band and I just want it unleashed. To hear a new greatness to an already great musical legacy.

I will end this shortly, but before that I have this to say:

Anyone who believes the respect we give is more to the person rather than the music is deluded, the music comes first, then the personality behind it. I have been a fan of GnR since 87 when the ISE single was released (an uncle bought the pic disc 12". I now own this as it was passed to me after his death.)

A realist vew? maybe. A Pessimists view? definitly not, I belive we will hear the tracks one way or another in the future whether official or not.

I agree that an artist should be judged by their works and not by their personality or other secondary matters. we don't know him in person, do we?

However, everyone must have respect. Even your fav singer.
RichardNixon
« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2005, 09:34:50 PM »

In the time that it has taken Axl to work on his new album:

The Beatles released 13 classic albums, and two albums worth of non-album singles
The Great wall of China was built
JFK was shot, nam, Watergate
Evolution
« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2005, 09:36:43 PM »

I didn't know he started on it the day he was born  Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: