Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 09:06:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Weiland disses Axl at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weiland disses Axl at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony  (Read 56954 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #220 on: April 02, 2007, 09:29:36 AM »

Axl asked security to get some guy thrown out at RIR3 in 2001.
Scott threw his beloved megaphone at some people in 2004.

How are the dates significant?

The dates aren't really significant, what happened is what is really significant. Axl had some guy removed from the show, Scott assaulted people at his show for no reason at all. That's the difference, but I guess what Scott did was ok while what Axl did was not right?  Roll Eyes
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #221 on: April 02, 2007, 09:53:43 AM »

The dates aren't really significant, what happened is what is really significant. Axl had some guy removed from the show, Scott assaulted people at his show for no reason at all. That's the difference, but I guess what Scott did was ok while what Axl did was not right?? Roll Eyes

Cant believe no one has mentioned the St Louis incident where Axl caused a riot by getting upset because someone wanted to take a picture of him. The fans pay your wages Axl - doesn't hurt for a fan to take a photo of you does it, being as you've chosen to be in the public eye and all.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #222 on: April 02, 2007, 09:57:29 AM »

The dates aren't really significant, what happened is what is really significant. Axl had some guy removed from the show, Scott assaulted people at his show for no reason at all. That's the difference, but I guess what Scott did was ok while what Axl did was not right?  Roll Eyes

Cant believe no one has mentioned the St Louis incident where Axl caused a riot by getting upset because someone wanted to take a picture of him. The fans pay your wages Axl - doesn't hurt for a fan to take a photo of you does it, being as you've chosen to be in the public eye and all.

Have you even seen the video of that show? The guy was being an ass the entire night, and he was FILMING the show not taking Axl's picture. Theres a difference between someone filming the show getting his lights punched out and a bunch of people getting hit in the fuckin head with a megaphone because Scott didnt like what kind of sign they have.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #223 on: April 02, 2007, 11:22:01 AM »

Yes, something that happened in 1991 is relevant now.

ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #224 on: April 02, 2007, 11:22:35 AM »

Some people change over time.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNRforever10
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #225 on: April 07, 2007, 08:31:38 AM »

Your a decent artist Scott but Axl is amazing and if he wanted to he would break your neck in half and eat it for lunch, don't piss Axl off or your gonna get slapped around
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #226 on: April 07, 2007, 09:34:15 AM »

Your a decent artist Scott but Axl is amazing and if he wanted to he would break your neck in half and eat it for lunch, don't piss Axl off or your gonna get slapped around

Jeez, is this what the site has been reduced to?!

Sad

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
gnrfanxxx
Rocker

The majority

« Reply #227 on: April 07, 2007, 01:49:22 PM »

Jeez, is this what the site has been reduced to?!

Sad

im tired of axl vs scott threads too

where does it leave me, when you dont believe in me?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #228 on: April 09, 2007, 03:13:54 PM »

When Scott talks about Axl, here is what it reminds me of.

Scott is like the chick who picks up the Stud Homecoming King after he got dumped by the homecoming Queen. He is so insecure that the Homecoming King still wants to secretly be with his EX that he goes out of his way to talk shit and try to beat down the Ex out of fear and insecurity that he is really 2nd choice.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
DarkVirus
Opening Act

Here Today...Gone To Heaven!

« Reply #229 on: April 11, 2007, 02:27:35 AM »

Scott is like the chick who picks up the Stud Homecoming King after he got dumped by the homecoming Queen. He is so insecure that the Homecoming King still wants to secretly be with his EX that he goes out of his way to talk shit and try to beat down the Ex out of fear and insecurity that he is really 2nd choice.

What the fuck? Shut the fuck up already....this thread was JUST ABOUT TO DIE, before you had to come in here and say something that other people have already said, we get it already... you dont like Scott Weiland...geez
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #230 on: April 12, 2007, 03:08:37 PM »

What the fuck? Shut the fuck up already....this thread was JUST ABOUT TO DIE, before you had to come in here and say something that other people have already said, we get it already... you dont like Scott Weiland...geez

I believe the man said " Reminds me of " before he listed his thoughts -  Just giving his opinion - you should relax a little - and if the thread bothers you - I have an idea for you......
neuby87
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #231 on: April 15, 2007, 08:56:48 PM »

hmm funny since this is on a gn'r site so scott get rampaged on i find it kinda funny because if axl were to comeout of the blue and just diss scott hmm did that already happen? oh wait slash said it to axl i forgot....yea right b.s. but anyways gn'r fans didn't mind it its nothing but a bunch of hipocrits in here shit im a huge gn'r fan but i happen to admire scott since you knwo he's comeout with albums since 1993 and damn good ones too unlike axl who's last album was a cover album ok
GeraldFord
« Reply #232 on: April 16, 2007, 08:13:35 AM »

I think Weiland only rags on Axl when a reporter asks him about Axl. Cut the guy a little slack.

Because Weiland is in a band with Slash and Duff (and Matt) people are going to think of GN'R and compare him to the singer of that band. Weiland is probably just a little tired and fed up with it.? Weiland, for better or worse, has replaced Axl Rose, the way Sammy Hagar replaced David Lee Roth in Van Halen. And yes, I know, the comparison isn't exactly the same, but I think it's a fair enough analogy.

And I should add, Scott doesn't go out of his way to attack Axl. Weiland has only dissed Axl when fans and reporters shove Axl in his face. How would you like it if you showed up to a gig, gave your heart and soul into a performance, and a couple of dicks held up a sign saying that you weren't as good as another singer? How would you like it if you were trying to promote an album that you worked really hard on and these reporters keep asking about some singer that you have never met?

While Scott's reply to Axl's press release last year was immature,  he no doubt posted it impulsively, and in anger.

If Scott were going out of his way to trash Axl, unprovoked, I'd call him on it, but that is not the case. Cut the dude some slack...And this is coming from a massive Axl fan.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 08:17:24 AM by RichardNixon » Logged
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #233 on: April 17, 2007, 02:33:08 PM »

beer Bravo RichardNixon  peace

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #234 on: April 17, 2007, 02:51:24 PM »

I think Weiland only rags on Axl when a reporter asks him about Axl. Cut the guy a little slack.

Because Weiland is in a band with Slash and Duff (and Matt) people are going to think of GN'R and compare him to the singer of that band. Weiland is probably just a little tired and fed up with it.? Weiland, for better or worse, has replaced Axl Rose, the way Sammy Hagar replaced David Lee Roth in Van Halen. And yes, I know, the comparison isn't exactly the same, but I think it's a fair enough analogy.

And I should add, Scott doesn't go out of his way to attack Axl. Weiland has only dissed Axl when fans and reporters shove Axl in his face. How would you like it if you showed up to a gig, gave your heart and soul into a performance, and a couple of dicks held up a sign saying that you weren't as good as another singer? How would you like it if you were trying to promote an album that you worked really hard on and these reporters keep asking about some singer that you have never met?

While Scott's reply to Axl's press release last year was immature,? he no doubt posted it impulsively, and in anger.

If Scott were going out of his way to trash Axl, unprovoked, I'd call him on it, but that is not the case. Cut the dude some slack...And this is coming from a massive Axl fan.

Nicley put Mr. Nixon, that is a great post. Scott Weiland isn't the most stable person in the world and for the amount of times this happens compared to him going off, he's holding up pretty well.

Just look at this past Sunday's performance. After the guys played "It's so Easy" there was this huge Guns n' Roses chant. I can see why VR are gong t stop playing G n' R tunes after the South America tour.

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #235 on: April 17, 2007, 07:28:53 PM »

Scott Weiland can su*k my di*k, stupid junkie loser.

He needs to know that the 95% of the VR fans are there because of the former members of GNR, and he needs to be prepared to recieve that kind of questions all his life.

This assclown should put more attention on what he sings rather than biting the hand that feeds.

punk

What the hell have you really got against the guy?

* I dont like him talking shit about Axl Rose. This is, at least, the third time he does that.
* I dont like him singing in the band that promotes itself as ''3 ex GNR'' (my favourite band, which is in a totally different league than VR [like me and Ronaldinho Gaucho, talking about football]) because it ruins the name/legacy/history of GNR.
The mainstream media consider the current GnR a joke, not VR, so if anyone is dragging the GnR name through the mud, it's Axl, as Slash claimed. I don't agree with this statement, I'm just pointing out what mainstream media thinks of the situation.
* I think he has no right to talk shit about the man that is the responsible of the 90% of the tickets/albums he sells.
The latter part of that sentence is absurd for so many reasons.

In fairness to Scott, he presumably believes the Slash-turning-up-at-Axls-house story is not true and that Axl made it up. Nobody here knows the truth, but if Scott believes its false, you can understand why he's mad at Axl. Having said that, some people here are overreacting, it was just a joke. Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer, especially as Scott appeared intoxicated.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 07:31:19 PM by estrangedpaul » Logged

Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #236 on: April 18, 2007, 12:18:46 AM »

can someone put this on youtube for the 6th time please!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: