Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 12:21:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Comments On The Del James Interview
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Comments On The Del James Interview  (Read 62220 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 10:53:28 PM »

Yeah but I can't blame Slash for lying about that under the circumstances cause the things axl said he said could've destroyed his band.

I don't buy that.

Slash should have never put himself in that in that position and Axl should have never
spoke of it publicly.

Slash fucked up royally and lied about it, Axl aired the dirty laundry to "destroy" Slash's band.

A lose/lose no matter how ya cut it.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2009, 10:54:24 PM »

Slash seems almost a little scared of Axl, he never ever confronts Axl's ramblings head on. That could just be his style, but god knows if someone was calling me a cancer and attacking my integrity and saying id deliberately sabotaged the biggest band in the world I'd be taking that person to task.....unless it's essentially true??

That said nearly every former band member and employee appear to concur with Slash's version of events, and forgive me but im not a conspiracy nut , so I'll believe the perceptions of 90% of the people that actually lived and witnessed these events.

I personally believe that the Axl / Slash things is much more about 2 people interpreting the same set of events from there own perspective and has little to do with one guy or the other 'lying' and playing games in some huge conspiracy.

Slash seems to be a guy open to ahem...massaging the truth to either avoid public scrutiny or avoid conflict, and Axl seems to genuinely believe his opinions and words, but perhaps is open to delusional thinking.

Thats my take anyway
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2009, 11:01:20 PM »

2 years ago he said he loved Slash, so give it up. 

Didn't you say you loved him in what -- '06?
No. I said "loved," as in past tense. It was a misquote by a writer I mistook as a fan.

From the most recent interview.

Loved, as in it could mean 1985!

You just choose to see what you want in his interviews.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2009, 11:02:16 PM »

/jarmo
[/quote]

2 years ago he said he loved Slash, so give it up.  He says those things because he still cares for him.  If he didn't, he wouldn't waste time talking about him.  That is how it works Jarmo.  Axl is emotional and changes his mind... a lot.  He also killed Izzy back in the day for leaving GNR, now he loves him again.  He called Sorum an Albatross, then had drinks with him till 6:00 am in New York a couple years back.
[/quote]

Exactly

It's clear to any emotionally aware person the feelings behind the words, just as Izzy was mercilessly slagged by Axl between 1992 - 2005 (or thereabouts) it's Axl's way.
Remember Izzy eventually retaliated in a few interviews and his words were far more cutting than the things Slash has said.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2009, 11:06:29 PM »

Well can't blame you guys for trying.....  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2009, 11:07:11 PM »

No, Slash is very media savvy.

He knows he has won in the court of public opinion, so Slash played it perfectly taking the high road.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2009, 11:07:47 PM »

2 years ago he said he loved Slash, so give it up. 

Didn't you say you loved him in what -- '06?
No. I said "loved," as in past tense. It was a misquote by a writer I mistook as a fan.

From the most recent interview.

Loved, as in it could mean 1985!

You just choose to see what you want in his interviews.

/jarmo

Maybe Del is misquoting him here, oh, I forgot, its always someone else slipping up making the mistake.  Axl never makes a mistake.  So for 2 years we thought he loved him, then he clarifies it recently, I guess he didn't mind us thinking he loved him for 2 years.  Think what you want, but Axl's inner most feelings probably don't get revealed often.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2009, 11:11:54 PM »

Think what you want, but Axl's inner most feelings probably don't get revealed often.

Axl's opinion hasn't changed. It's been the same for a long time. You just refuse to see it.

Yes, Axl has to clarify a lot of shit because people read what he says and then "translate" it to fit their own fantasies.

/jarmo

carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2009, 11:14:35 PM »

Well can't blame you guys for trying.....  hihi

/jarmo

Trying what exactly??

Im offering my perceptions on a fallout between 2 people, one says he still loves the other, the 2nd says he 'loved' the first.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2009, 11:17:55 PM »

Think what you want, but Axl's inner most feelings probably don't get revealed often.

Axl's opinion hasn't changed. It's been the same for a long time. You just refuse to see it.

Yes, Axl has to clarify a lot of shit because people read what he says and then "translate" it to fit their own fantasies.

/jarmo

Jarmo, Jarmo, Jarmo, that interview was a snapshot in the life of W. Axl Rose.  Its not reflective of Axl's total body of work and his feelings after that interview are subject to change.  On that day he was very hateful and veangefull to Slash.  But at other times he had been very complimentary of Slash's playing and how he had badass riffs back in 1996, yet he bashed his playing in the last interview saying none of it was inspired and stuff like that.  He changes his tune some.  That is fine.  There was a time Axl was very pissed at Buckethead, well, no longer.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2009, 11:19:02 PM »

Trying what exactly??

To prove your point that they love each other?

Jarmo, Jarmo, Jarmo, that interview was a snapshot in the life of W. Axl Rose.  Its not reflective of Axl's total body of work and his feelings after that interview are subject to change.  On that day he was very hateful and veangefull to Slash.  But at other times he had been very complimentary of Slash's playing and how he had badass riffs back in 1996, yet he bashed his playing in the last interview saying none of it was inspired and stuff like that.  He changes his tune some.  That is fine.  There was a time Axl was very pissed at Buckethead, well, no longer.

Only if you've got a selective mind.

Ok. Let me get this straight. The fact that Axl thought Slash did some nice things in 1996 and in 2008-9 he says he thinks Slash is boring, is "changing his tune"? He's not even talking about the same time! Not even the same fucking millennium.

Are you serious?

Axl: "the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better."

I guess that refers to you?

/jarmo

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2009, 11:40:58 PM »

SG, stop deluding yourself with stupid thoughts.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2009, 12:14:02 AM »

Trying what exactly??

To prove your point that they love each other?

Only if you've got a selective mind.

Ok. Let me get this straight. The fact that Axl thought Slash did some nice things in 1996 and in 2008-9 he says he thinks Slash is boring, is "changing his tune"? He's not even talking about the same time! Not even the same fucking millennium.

Are you serious?

Axl: "the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better."

I guess that refers to you?

/jarmo

I support Axl.  I buy merchandise, CD, and fly around the country to see his shows with GNR.  I also support Slash.  I didn't say Axl loved Slash, I said YOU don't know exactly how he feels and a soft ball interview with Del James doesn't change that he didn't reveal everything to us.  Hell, he didn't even tell us why he hates Slash now.  All I said is he is cool with Izzy and Sorum now, and he used to freaking kill those guys.  He claims he showed interest in Fall to Pieces back in the day....  Well, that tells me he liked Fall to Pieces, which was on VR's 2004 album (I mean the music, not Weiland's voice or lyrics).  Or what about him dismissing the Snakepit stuff, then later regretting dismissing it because he wanted to work with some of it.  He changes his mind.  He is blowing of steam.  Eddie Van Halen said things much worse about David Lee Roth and look what happened.  I don't want a reunion, but we don't know the whole story.  Period.   
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2009, 12:31:57 AM »

All I said is he is cool with Izzy and Sorum now,

Sorum? Are you serious?

They were at the same party!

So you have two options:
Get Matt Sorum kicked out -> headlines and Matt milking the incident for all it's worth.
Do nothing -> have GN'R fans over analyze the incident three years later.

and he used to freaking kill those guys.  He claims he showed interest in Fall to Pieces back in the day....  Well, that tells me he liked Fall to Pieces, which was on VR's 2004 album

You're really struggling.

Showing interest in working on a song in the mid-90s doesn't mean you like the end result in 2004 recorded by a different band.

Besides, Axl's the guy who pushed Slash. Maybe he saw some potential in those riffs that could've become a GN'R song eventually.

He was ready to work on the material and do a few of the songs, but that wasn't good enough for Slash so he recorded it on his own as Snakepit.

Yeah, you definitely don't know the full story and you don't seem too interested in it either since you keep looking for "clues".....

/jarmo

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2009, 12:49:41 AM »

Sorum? Are you serious?

So you have two options:
Get Matt Sorum kicked out -> headlines and Matt milking the incident for all it's worth.

and he used to freaking kill those guys.  He claims he showed interest in Fall to Pieces back in the day....  Well, that tells me he liked Fall to Pieces, which was on VR's 2004 album

Showing interest in working on a song in the mid-90s doesn't mean you like the end result in 2004 recorded by a different band.

Besides, Axl's the guy who pushed Slash. Maybe he saw some potential in those riffs that could've become a GN'R song eventually.

He was ready to work on the material and do a few of the songs, but that wasn't good enough for Slash so he recorded it on his own as Snakepit.

Yeah, you definitely don't know the full story and you don't seem too interested in it either since you keep looking for "clues".....

/jarmo

Good points, but you leave out Izzy every time, don't know why...

I am just saying, if you ever get a divorce and you say you hate your wife, remember, there was a reason you married her ass to begin with Jarmo.  Heck he could have said those things because he was angry at that moment with Slash, or maybe he is bitter and wanted to hurt Slash's feelings with those comments.  There is always a motive.  I am still waiting on the bombshell to drop about why he hates Slash anyway.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2009, 12:50:36 AM »

The few times Axl speaks he speaks from heart

Or from the liver, which is the case here. Tongue

I hate how it's turned it to a Axl vs Slash thing.

No doubt Axl "love" the artist that created some great guitarwork,-
- but "what I thought was beautyfull don't leave inside you anymore" might be more close to the truth now peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2009, 12:52:15 AM »

Sorum? Are you serious?

So you have two options:

/jarmo

If we all knew the "full story" then we wouldn't need to have all these interviews and read books about went down.  There is still a big hazy cloud about how everything all went down.  You have 4 or 5 guys that say one thing and Axl that says another.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2009, 01:10:12 AM »

He never wrote a book and didn't go out of his way to try to be the good guy while pointing fingers.

Axl and Izzy also shared a different bond than what the rest of the band had. They were friends before GN'R.

/jarmo

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2009, 01:15:04 AM »

He never wrote a book and didn't go out of his way to try to be the good guy while pointing fingers.

Axl and Izzy also shared a different bond than what the rest of the band had. They were friends before GN'R.

/jarmo

Izzy publically said stuff much, much worse than what Slash said.  Oh well, since he didn't "act nice" its okay.  Jarmo, I don't want to argue. We agree to disagree.  I like how our debates don't get personal.  HA.   ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2009, 01:21:24 AM »

What Izzy said sure as hell didn't get the same media attention as Slash traveling around the world talking shit about Axl for years and years.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: