Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:15:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your setlist wishes for the next concerts
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your setlist wishes for the next concerts  (Read 50875 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #140 on: April 06, 2016, 02:19:02 PM »

It will be purely speculation and wild guesses, but do you guys think there's any chance they will play a new song?

I think we'll see songs over time, but the chances are small now on this tour.

10-20% chance maybe?

Zero chance on this tour.  This is largely going to be about nostalgia.  

Shit, in a perverse way, even CD is nostalgia by this point.  Came out 8 years ago now.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #141 on: April 06, 2016, 02:21:32 PM »

I wouldn't expect anything new yet. It's just way too early for something like that, they've been probably just practicing for the shows this whole time and getting that stuff together.

But of course that's just my pessimism, so never say never.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #142 on: April 06, 2016, 02:22:15 PM »

It will be purely speculation and wild guesses, but do you guys think there's any chance they will play a new song?

10-20% chance maybe?

Shit, in a perverse way, even CD is nostalgia by this point.  Came out 8 years ago now.

It would be cool but not something I'm expecting.  I wouldn't be surprised if a new song came out after Vegas and Coachella and before the full US tour this summer.  
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #143 on: April 06, 2016, 02:25:42 PM »

10-20% chance maybe?

The nostalgia factor is certainly the one we all feel, and the one they seem to promote.

Going into the stadium tour though, it would probably help to have a single release beforehand. They might save that for later also, for an extra boost if they plan on doing a new round of touring.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #144 on: April 06, 2016, 03:20:04 PM »

Yeah they didn't play Don't Cry in Nu Gn'R for a long time right?

I can't quite remember if that is true.

They have played that song since 2006.

Right, so for 5 years or so, they didn't play it.  ok

No.  It's unfair to say they didn't play it for 5 years or so considering there were only 4 shows in 2001 - Jan 1 & 15 and Dec 29 & 31 and no shows after Dec 5, 2002 and no shows in all of 2003, 2004, 2005 and the first show of 2006 wasn't until May 12th.

BBF's first show with GNR was that May 12, 2006 show.  He added Don't Cry to his solo at the May 25th show.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #145 on: April 06, 2016, 03:38:07 PM »

I dont know if the tour will be pure nostalgia. Anyhow, the new take for the CD songs got me even more excited about it. Im sure Slash can handle anything while putting his own spin on it.

Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #146 on: April 06, 2016, 05:24:20 PM »

No.  It's unfair to say they didn't play it for 5 years or so considering there were only 4 shows in 2001 - Jan 1 & 15 and Dec 29 & 31 and no shows after Dec 5, 2002 and no shows in all of 2003, 2004, 2005 and the first show of 2006 wasn't until May 12th.

BBF's first show with GNR was that May 12, 2006 show.  He added Don't Cry to his solo at the May 25th show.

Unfair? Are you serious? There's so much unfair things that people say on here at that is unfair? The new keyboardist is a member of Gn'R? Without confirmation, Adler is going to be whacked out on painkillers and relapse soon and the original members of Gn'R have Tracii and Gardner in the lineup? Is that how we do things now?

And yes, there were no shows after 2002 because Axl decided not to show up in Philly. We all remember  ok

Facts... we are all about facts here... 5 years, no Don't Cry like i said.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #147 on: April 06, 2016, 07:35:27 PM »

I would like to see a duet on guitar between Slash and Richard . Just like Richard and Robin did with "Beautiful" back in 2006.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 07:37:42 PM by Sosso » Logged

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #148 on: April 07, 2016, 06:33:07 AM »

I would like to see a duet on guitar between Slash and Richard . Just like Richard and Robin did with "Beautiful" back in 2006.

Something like that would be nice. Beautiful was good, as was Wild Horses by Slash and Gilby. But it should be kept quite short in my opinion.

Also something I'd like to hear is Oh My God. I know it's a long shot and pretty much nobody outside the GN'R fan camp know the song so it might not be a good idea, but anyway.. it's a great song!

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
suicide
VIP

« Reply #149 on: April 07, 2016, 07:26:42 AM »

Did you see Slash's latest video on his fb page? What's with the Ace Frehley setlist (Space Invader, Rock Soldiers, Snowblind, Love Gun, ...)?
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #150 on: April 07, 2016, 08:05:37 AM »

Yeah I saw that. I didn't get that. lol

Maybe its there to just mess with us?

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #151 on: April 07, 2016, 08:09:03 AM »

Did you see Slash's latest video on his fb page? What's with the Ace Frehley setlist (Space Invader, Rock Soldiers, Snowblind, Love Gun, ...)?

They're just adding some covers to the set Wink

"You wanted the best.."

BEEP.
JMB-GNR
Headliner

DD Frontman

« Reply #152 on: April 07, 2016, 08:41:49 AM »

It took until 2010 before Axl sang along with the BBF solo Wink

Graspop'06 | Nijmegen'06 | Antwerpen'10 | Arnhem'10 | Rotterdam'12 | Monchengladbach'12 | London'17 | Nijmegen'17 | Nijmegen'18 | Groningen '22 | Weert '23
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #153 on: April 07, 2016, 09:05:12 AM »

Would be cool if they could include some Elton John (Rocket Man) or even some David Bowie... I'd love to hear any kind of a new cover... or even a new song or two!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #154 on: April 07, 2016, 09:29:08 AM »

Id really like them to play more obscure GNR stuff like Don't Damn Me or even Shotgun Blues than more covers.

SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #155 on: April 07, 2016, 10:47:23 AM »

First post...in many years. Figured THIS was the right thread as it's been the "thing" that we've all been pondering since '93...namely, what would the NEXT setlist from Gn'Fn'Rs consist of.

So here goes...

RE-NAME THE TOUR... "G n' F n' R s: BACK IN THE RING Tour"

MONTAGE OF QUOTES, MISQUOTES, PRESS RELEASES, RUMORS, SASQUATCH SIGHTINGS, ETC. FROM THE LAST 23 YEARS DANCE ACROSS THE MONITORS...BUILDING TO A FEVEROUS PITCH (would a re-recorded and UPDATED to reflect the times GET IN THE RING middle rant be too much to ask placed here)...then, BLACKOUT...

*train whistle*

1. NIGHTRAIN
2. WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE
3. YOU COULD BE MINE
4. LIVE & LET DIE
5. DON'T CRY
6. IT'S SO EASY
7. MR. BROWNSTONE
8. CHINESE DEMOCRACY
9. SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL
10. HAIR OF THE DOG+
11. DEAD HORSE#
12. CIVIL WAR
13. PATIENCE
14. THE BLUES*
15. NOVEMBER RAIN
16. SWEET CHILD O'MINE
17. ROCKET QUEEN

ENCORE:

18. THERE WAS A TIME
19. KNOCKIN' ON HEAVEN'S DOOR^
20. PARADISE CITY

+ - substitute another SI song each night (ie: Ain't it Fun and Black Leather)
# - substitute another "not played since '93 OR ever UYI 1or2 song (ie: Don't Damn Me, Pretty Tied Up, Shotgun Blues, Right Next Door to Hell, Perfect Crime, etc.)
* - That's right...not Street of Dreams, but THE BLUES with Slash and band playing it like the ORIGINALLY did with Robin (no acoustic guitar...cool electric guitar riff BACK IN!!!)
^ - BACK to the UYI live version

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #156 on: April 07, 2016, 11:50:35 AM »

It took until 2010 before Axl sang along with the BBF solo Wink
No it didn't.  It was 2007.  http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/tour/tour-073.php

July 14th, 2007 - Chiba, Japan @ Makuhari Messe Sold Out!

Setlist:
Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Robin Guitar Solo/Jam with Frank and Dizzy, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, You Could Be Mine, Jam, Dizzy Piano Solo (Angie), The Blues, Band Introductions, Richard Guitar Solo/Guitar Duet with Robin (Beautiful/Endless Rain), Better, Out Ta Get Me, Piano Moving Jam, November Rain, Jam, IRS, My Michelle, Patience, Nightrain

Encores: Madagascar, Paradise City

Don't Cry

Notes:
After Sweet Child O' Mine, Axl asks, via an interpreter, the crowd to take a half step back so the people in the front don't get crushed.

Richard and Robin perform Endless Rain by Japanese band X Japan as part of their guitar duet.

Don't Cry is performed after the usual show ending song Paradise City.

It starts with Ron playing guitar and Axl singing.
They're later joined by Dizzy, Frank and Chris.

Originally scheduled for April 14th, but postponed due to Tommy's injury.

Opening act:: MUCC

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #157 on: April 07, 2016, 12:07:39 PM »

My guess:

Chinese Democracy
Better
Street of Dreams/Catcher in the Rye
I.R.S.
This I Love

If they play 5 CD songs a night, then I don't want to shit from anyone on that topic.  That would be roughly a quarter of the show.

Ok

8 songs from AfD
1 song from Lies
10 songs from UYI
4/5 songs from CD
4 covers (KOHD, LALD, The Seeker, New Rose)

27/28 songs in total + a few jams and solo spots. That's pretty realistic for me.

I think they will start with a lower number of songs and build the set as time goes on.
I believe almost every tour has done this.
I would say you can expect 20 songs plus solos to start and maybe by the end of the tour you would see 26 songs plus solos.
And I will be expecting more CD songs to show up.  I wasn't surprised they weren't there for the Troubador.....but they will come back.

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #158 on: April 07, 2016, 01:56:22 PM »

Id really like them to play more obscure GNR stuff like Don't Damn Me or even Shotgun Blues than more covers.

Yup, give us the deep cuts! The "problem" I have with most covers is that I just think most Guns N' Roses songs are better than those other bands. "Spaghetti" covers works because they were recorded/released and I've listened to those songs a lot, I know them and pretty much consider them GNR songs. The Seeker? Don't the like the Who, Riff Raff? I don't like ACDC and so on. There's a reason I'm a GNR fan, you know.  Tongue

While some covers might be better than others, I'd much rather get Out Ta Get Me or Pretty Tied Up than Sway or Back in the USSR.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #159 on: April 07, 2016, 02:02:10 PM »

I think they will start with a lower number of songs and build the set as time goes on.
I believe almost every tour has done this.
I would say you can expect 20 songs plus solos to start and maybe by the end of the tour you would see 26 songs plus solos.
And I will be expecting more CD songs to show up.  I wasn't surprised they weren't there for the Troubador.....but they will come back.

Agree, I think somewhere in the 20-23 range for these first two shows.

Coachella might be even tighter due to time constraints at the festival? Not sure what they have to go on there.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: