Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:05:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR albums and Warrant
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR albums and Warrant  (Read 51299 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2014, 11:29:27 PM »

What the hell are those sorts of responses?  Good lord.

Am I at MYGNR?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2014, 07:37:51 AM »

Am I at MYGNR?

Right.  And I love how we?re perceived as complaining 24/7 because we dare to have an opinion that doesn?t start and end with ?GnR can do no wrong.?

I know it fits your narrative better, but we?re hardly complaining 24/7.  Perhaps you didn?t read our posts in the Positives of GnR thread (or you conveniently forgot about them).   I?d say we?re pretty realistic about the band and its current standing?but continue on with your insults.  Super mature, btw.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2014, 11:31:08 AM »

I'm not even talking about the opinions as I am the mindset.  I'm talking about a civil discussion

If I come at you like a prick at rip you personally, fine, let me have it.  But to answer an opinion on the band that you happen not to like with "you are just a fucking idiot"...what's that?  Is this high school?  Gotta do a better job there. 

If I wanted that schtick, I'd be over at MYGNR smearing my feces on the walls like many of them do all the live long day.  I go there to goof around, but I come here to actually talk about things.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2014, 01:27:40 PM »

What I said is my personal opinion. To me it seems like the only time there was a more strict set list to follow was when the set time was shorter. Even then, there wasn't a definite set list as far as I know.

The other times GNR always played what they felt like and how long they felt like. But, as I said, what do I know...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2014, 01:51:09 PM »

Am I at MYGNR?

You deleted your original reply about wanting to get back to a constructive conversation and replaced it with this??!!!??!!!!! lmao

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2014, 01:57:25 PM »

What I said is my personal opinion. To me it seems like the only time there was a more strict set list to follow was when the set time was shorter. Even then, there wasn't a definite set list as far as I know.

The other times GNR always played what they felt like and how long they felt like. But, as I said, what do I know...

Oh, I didn't mean you, Jarmo.

I was referring to the other 2 champions of constructive dialogue on the last page.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2014, 01:58:33 PM »

Am I at MYGNR?

You deleted your original reply about wanting to get back to a constructive conversation and replaced it with this??!!!??!!!!! lmao

I did, yes.

After I did it, I thought it sounded pissy and juvenile.  Felt it rather flew in the face of the point I was making.

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2014, 02:14:37 PM »

Am I at MYGNR?

I did, yes.

After I did it, I thought it sounded pissy and juvenile.  Felt it rather flew in the face of the point I was making.

YOU were the one who brought the term "fucking idiot" into this conversation.  EmilyGNR and I were expressing our opinions that we disagreed with your assessment of Dj's statements by using your own words.

And why the disparaging remarks about mygnr?  I personally am not a member there but like Jarmo has always said, just because their forum is handled different than HTGTH doesn't mean anyone here should stoop to mud slinging at another GNR fan site.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2014, 02:34:33 PM »

There's a MYGNR thread in one of the folders here.  I was one of the only ones defending the place.  Do believe I'm still the last post, from June.

I like both sites, but both are different.  Over there, its more a goof around vibe.  Which I like.  But if I wanted to seriously talk about the current band or the future, I'd come here.

But, the downside to that goof around vibe is that there is a lot of petty name calling and juvenile antics that often are thrown out in the place of an actual conversation.  But there, not here.

Basically, I expected more from a varsity letterman.

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2014, 02:55:34 PM »

There's a MYGNR thread in one of the folders here.  I was one of the only ones defending the place.  Do believe I'm still the last post, from June.
What does that have to do with you bringing them up in this thread?  Huh
(rhetorical question)

I have no idea what this means so let's try to steer the conversation back on topic....

IMO, 7/8ths of GNR do not consider themselves ONLY a touring band (not sure of BBF's opinion).

IMO comments by the band members about the setlist or content/status of the next album are probably made mostly tongue-in-cheek because they won't, shouldn't or possibly can't discuss the in-processes progress.

IMO, no one in the band (or management) is deliberately trying to deceive the fans.

That is what this topic is about, right?  Tongue

Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2014, 07:24:48 PM »

(rhetorical question)

I have no idea what this means so let's try to steer the conversation back on topic....

IMO, 7/8ths of GNR do not consider themselves ONLY a touring band (not sure of BBF's opinion).

IMO comments by the band members about the setlist or content/status of the next album are probably made mostly tongue-in-cheek because they won't, shouldn't or possibly can't discuss the in-processes progress.

IMO, no one in the band (or management) is deliberately trying to deceive the fans.

But my point is?what is the basis of your opinion?  Is it your gut, blind faith, insider info, trust?  I am asking this seriously (and would hope to have a more productive discussion than I?m just a douche).  This is the most stable lineup in the history of GnR, they?ve played countless number of shows all over the world?but have yet to release one song and (according to BBF) have yet to record one note or make any meaningful progress towards a new album. 

You?d think that such a stable lineup would be able to release an album.  That?s what leads me to believe new music/album is not a high priority for them (despite what they may say in interviews).  How could they not consider themselves a touring band if that?s the only thing they?ve ever done?  Why should they be looked at as anything but a touring band?  Actions speak louder than words.

Now, Axl?s recent interview gave me hope that perhaps the focus is shifting and they are going to be releasing something soon (anyone?s guess as to what ?soon? means).  There are positive signs for sure, but it?s not 100% perfect?they may have just lost their Co-Lead Guitarist?so  I?m not sure how one can credibly say all signs point to new music?I hope they do, but things aren?t exactly a beacon of clarity in GnR land.  Hope is the best you can do.  And it?s ok to acknowledge that things may be murky and uncertain?it doesn?t make you less of a fan.  Trust me.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2014, 09:46:59 PM »

But my point is?what is the basis of your opinion?  Is it your gut, blind faith, insider info, trust?  I am asking this seriously (and would hope to have a more productive discussion than I?m just a douche).
Not sure if you quoted & are addressing me by mistake (since you & EmilyGNR were the ones going back & forth) but I'll gladly give my serious, no name calling, opinion. 

This is the most stable lineup in the history of GnR, they?ve played countless number of shows all over the world?but have yet to release one song and (according to BBF) have yet to record one note or make any meaningful progress towards a new album. 

You?d think that such a stable lineup would be able to release an album.  That?s what leads me to believe new music/album is not a high priority for them (despite what they may say in interviews).  How could they not consider themselves a touring band if that?s the only thing they?ve ever done?  Why should they be looked at as anything but a touring band?  Actions speak louder than words.

Now, Axl?s recent interview gave me hope that perhaps the focus is shifting and they are going to be releasing something soon (anyone?s guess as to what ?soon? means).  There are positive signs for sure, but it?s not 100% perfect?they may have just lost their Co-Lead Guitarist?so  I?m not sure how one can credibly say all signs point to new music?I hope they do, but things aren?t exactly a beacon of clarity in GnR land.  Hope is the best you can do.  And it?s ok to acknowledge that things may be murky and uncertain?it doesn?t make you less of a fan.  Trust me.

I disagree with your opinion that "this is the most stable lineup in the history of GnR."  I really don't think GNR ever had a 'stable' lineup but if I had to pick one, I guess it would be the AFD lineup from Day 1 up until the day when they started to consider firing Steven.  Up to that point they were all probably on somewhat equally fucked-up/unstable ground hence making that equality the foundation of the "stability."  Once they started to recognize how disproportionate Steven's instability was even to their own, any semblance of stability was gone and, IMO, to this day is still in flux.

The 'current' lineup came into existence in 2009 when Dj joined so we've really got to give them a year or so after that to form a solid foundation to become a stable band.  Problem with that is by that point in time, Bumblefoot was already publicly voicing his displeasure about what he perceived to be what was wrong with how GNR was doing things.  Hardly makes for a stable band.

To your other point about writing and releasing music:  FIVE of the eight current members of GNR contributed to the writing of CD I and, it's reasonable to presume, these FIVE people also contributed to the writing of the CD II & CD III material that is more than likely what Axl was alluding to releasing soon.

So for this discussion, we have five of eight guys' past/present/future contributions already accounted for.  Now let's add Frank and Dj into the mix.  They can go the route of CD I and have them re-record the drum and guitar parts written by their predecessors for CD II & CD III OR they can add new drum & guitar parts written by them to existing songs in order to get something released "soon."  In the meantime, they can be writing stuff to be considered for CD IV.

That leaves Bumblefoot.  As I stated before, he's been publicly voicing his displeasure with how things are being done for quite some time now.  This, along with his stories about the altercations between him and other band members when he first joined the band, doesn't exactly make for a conducive atmosphere for stability or togetherness as a writing/recording/functioning band.   

With the mixed messages we're getting from Bumblefoot, it's hard to figure out where he fits into any scenario or even if he or they still want him to fit.

So it's my conclusion that at least seven of the eight band members are and consider themselves to be more than just a touring band.

And that is the basis of my opinion.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2014, 09:52:44 AM »

(rhetorical question)

But my point is?what is the basis of your opinion?  Is it your gut, blind faith, insider info, trust?  I am asking this seriously (and would hope to have a more productive discussion than I?m just a douche).  This is the most stable lineup in the history of GnR, they?ve played countless number of shows all over the world?but have yet to release one song and (according to BBF) have yet to record one note or make any meaningful progress towards a new album. 

Nothing is murky nor uncertain, the band is on a well deserved break, a hiatus.

Why are you relating success to your personal want of new music? Why are they not successful to you until they release a new album?

You are equating success with releasing a new album and new music, GNR has released a very successful DVD/Blu-ray this year that is still in the top ten after seven weeks.

Nobody in GNR is attempting to purposefully mislead, if they say they have a call list and not a set list then it is the truth, it is not a matter worth lying over and if you feel lied to than you greatly overestimate your level of importance.

Albums are not as lucrative and profitable as they once were, so releasing a new album would have to be undertaken carefully and cautiously.

The latest data from Nielsen Soundscan, tracking album sales, singles sales, airplay, streams, and digital downloads for the six month period from 30th December, 2013 through to 29th June, 2014 shows a general trend in the American music sector that mirrors Australia?s 2013 sales year, it?s worst decline ever.

Generally, while the revenue from digital music sales and subscription based streaming platforms continues to grow, the concern is that it doesn?t seem to be happening at a pace quick enough to offset the sharp decline from physical music.

As Billboard reports, compared to last year, the first six months of 2014 saw overall album sales dropping 14.9%, from 235 million (in 2013) to 227 million. That includes digital album sales, which reached 113.2 million units in the first half of 2014, a decline of 15.9 million from the 129 million tallied in the equivalent sales period in 2013.

All the more depressing when you consider last year?s album sales hit an all-time low, dropping to the worst stretch in album sales in the 20 years since Nielsen SoundScan began tracking sales.

Everyone except Ron in the band indicates that new music is being considered and concentrated on, I dont think Ron is in the loop so I tend to overlook all his public whining and complaining

People that constantly whine and complain about everything that is wrong instead of everything that is right are boring  and have tunnel vision IMO.

And you dont get to define what constitutes a fan or makes one less of a fan, some seem to feel it is their public duty to constantly complain about different issues, to voice their displeasure at every turn, and to offer unwanted amateur armchair quarterback advice about how the band should operate.

I dont consider this type of person a fan at all IMO Wink

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2014, 10:00:23 AM »

I like both sites, but both are different.  Over there, its more a goof around vibe.  Which I like.  But if I wanted to seriously talk about the current band or the future, I'd come here.

But, the downside to that goof around vibe is that there is a lot of petty name calling and juvenile antics that often are thrown out in the place of an actual conversation.  But there, not here.

If you expect more than remember the adage that people tend to treat others like others treat them.

Honestly I'm fed up with your complaining over basically every aspect of GNRs and I'm honestly of the opinion that no matter what happens that you will find something wrong, something to complain about, and a negative way to spin it.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2014, 10:05:40 AM »

Oh, I didn't mean you, Jarmo.

I was referring to the other 2 champions of constructive dialogue on the last page.

I'd much rather be known as a champion of constructive dialogue than a whining, complaining, negative little bitch, but I don't like to be labelled so I assume others dont either  Wink

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2014, 10:10:24 AM »

/jarmo

Some people prefer to believe a lie over the truth even when the truth is told by numerous reliable people Wink

"Shut the fuck up."
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2014, 05:13:35 PM »

She's my Cherry Pie!
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2014, 10:09:59 PM »

(rhetorical question)

Why are you relating success to your personal want of new music? Why are they not successful to you until they release a new album?

You are equating success with releasing a new album and new music, GNR has released a very successful DVD/Blu-ray this year that is still in the top ten after seven weeks.

Nobody in GNR is attempting to purposefully mislead, if they say they have a call list and not a set list then it is the truth, it is not a matter worth lying over and if you feel lied to than you greatly overestimate your level of importance.

Albums are not as lucrative and profitable as they once were, so releasing a new album would have to be undertaken carefully and cautiously.

The latest data from Nielsen Soundscan, tracking album sales, singles sales, airplay, streams, and digital downloads for the six month period from 30th December, 2013 through to 29th June, 2014 shows a general trend in the American music sector that mirrors Australia?s 2013 sales year, it?s worst decline ever.

Generally, while the revenue from digital music sales and subscription based streaming platforms continues to grow, the concern is that it doesn?t seem to be happening at a pace quick enough to offset the sharp decline from physical music.

As Billboard reports, compared to last year, the first six months of 2014 saw overall album sales dropping 14.9%, from 235 million (in 2013) to 227 million. That includes digital album sales, which reached 113.2 million units in the first half of 2014, a decline of 15.9 million from the 129 million tallied in the equivalent sales period in 2013.

All the more depressing when you consider last year?s album sales hit an all-time low, dropping to the worst stretch in album sales in the 20 years since Nielsen SoundScan began tracking sales.

Everyone except Ron in the band indicates that new music is being considered and concentrated on, I dont think Ron is in the loop so I tend to overlook all his public whining and complaining

People that constantly whine and complain about everything that is wrong instead of everything that is right are boring  and have tunnel vision IMO.

And you dont get to define what constitutes a fan or makes one less of a fan, some seem to feel it is their public duty to constantly complain about different issues, to voice their displeasure at every turn, and to offer unwanted amateur armchair quarterback advice about how the band should operate.

All of the stats you listed (and I?ll just assume that they are correct) affect every band, not just GnR.  Yet, somehow other bands, despite the declining market conditions of album sales, still release albums and create new music.  The only place where it?s used as an excuse to not create new music is with GnR.  That doesn?t make sense to me.

It?s pretty clear that there are some behind the scenes stuff going on with Ron?but you have an inability to acknowledge that things may be in a state of flux.  Chalking it up to the band?s on hiatus (and nothing more to see here) is willfully ignoring reality.

And if you think I?m the only one that wants to hear new music?you are very mistaken.  You interpret my desire for a new album as my own selfish demand.  Just like everyone wants their favorite team to win, everyone wants their favorite band to make music.  It?s not a novel concept or just my personal want.  I?m guessing even you would like to hear new music.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2014, 05:36:21 AM »

(rhetorical question)

All of the stats you listed (and I?ll just assume that they are correct) affect every band, not just GnR.  Yet, somehow other bands, despite the declining market conditions of album sales, still release albums and create new music.  The only place where it?s used as an excuse to not create new music is with GnR.  That doesn?t make sense to me.

It?s pretty clear that there are some behind the scenes stuff going on with Ron?but you have an inability to acknowledge that things may be in a state of flux.  Chalking it up to the band?s on hiatus (and nothing more to see here) is willfully ignoring reality.

And if you think I?m the only one that wants to hear new music?you are very mistaken.  You interpret my desire for a new album as my own selfish demand.  Just like everyone wants their favorite team to win, everyone wants their favorite band to make music.  It?s not a novel concept or just my personal want.  I?m guessing even you would like to hear new music.

It does not matter what, if anything is going on behind the scenes, it is not my business and it is not yours. You are not entitled to that information.

There is a minority of very vocal fans that aren't really about supporting the band and it's endeavors, they are about identifying with something so strongly that it takes the place of personal creativity and an independent life. They dive into entitlement headfirst and somehow think because they have followed the band, invested their time, bought albums and have seen a few concerts, they have been loyal and true and feel like they have the right to dictate what goes on. Many forums seem to be devoted and dominated by discourse of discontented adolescents

One person starts complaining and others jump in to look coolio. If you are personally affronted by events and information, or lack of concerning GNRs, you may need to take a break from the internet.

I'm definitely interested in new music, and what's next but I know the difference between wants and needs and will support the band regardless. I am not so clueless, deceived and naive to think they should operate on my schedule. When a new release is ready I will buy it, when new shows are announced I will go.

It is that simple. peace

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2014, 09:13:47 AM »

We are the only fanbase in the world that goes down this road.

Artists release albums every week of every year.  From the biggest of big time acts, right on down to indie start-ups.  Somehow, they do so, despite the downturn in album sales that only GNR fans are hip to.

Reconcile those two lines in bold for me.  Is this part of a bit you are doing about the chronically self unaware?  A statement on irony?  Break it down.

As for what a terrible fan I am, my sig is what I think.  If you want to live in a world where we just praise everything that happens and would rather not talk about the inconvenient things that don't, that's your prerogative.  I don't see the point.  You are not a better fan or a more loyal fan because you are a pom-pom waver.  You think it makes you top shelf.  I think it shows an appalling lack of objectivity topped only by the lack of just about all credibility.

"Everything Is Awesome" is a song from a kid's movie.  Its not a realistic credo for life.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: