Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:14:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227894 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How many guitarists are gonna be on Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How many guitarists are gonna be on Chinese Democracy  (Read 19584 times)
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2006, 07:57:44 PM »

I think we will hear Big Bs parts on the record. ?He was an important part of the recording process and I can't imagine Axl putting Ron in there just to replace Buckets parts if this CD is just around the corner.

How many people after hearing the new album loving Bucket's work would want to go see them when bucket himself has alredy been replaced?? Undecided

Not to sound sarcastic, but I don't think it'll be very many people at all. ?We are talking about a mythical album about to be released.

The people that won't listen to CD because Buckets not with the band have already made that decision. ?These are the same people who cared about GNR only because B was in the band.

AtariLegend
« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2006, 07:58:59 PM »

At this point wouldn't it be great, if the answer was none, and the album was just Axl on his piano.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #102 on: October 16, 2006, 07:59:03 PM »

Sorry....but not "everybody" love his work on the new songs...

You mean you don't like Buckethead? ?I thought you loved the guy?

« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 08:01:28 PM by Thorazine Shuffle » Logged

robinfinckfan
« Reply #103 on: October 16, 2006, 08:00:44 PM »

has richard re-recorded paul huge parts?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #104 on: October 16, 2006, 08:03:24 PM »

kinda what we've been discussing hihi

i have to agree with thorazine people haven't been following the ups and downs of the gnr membership so to the average guy B will just be a guest on the album not a member peace

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #105 on: October 16, 2006, 08:04:03 PM »

Poassibly some.

But I have a feeling that Paul himself will be on the album here and there.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Niko
Rocker

« Reply #106 on: October 16, 2006, 08:04:53 PM »

someone over mygnr sent a pm to bbf in myspace, and bbf said that he was rehearsing, recording, and another thing i dont remember, maybe he is rerecording BH parts
AtariLegend
« Reply #107 on: October 16, 2006, 08:06:27 PM »

Paul, Brian May, and Duff all there during the original recording, will have had their parts re-done by the current band.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #108 on: October 17, 2006, 02:49:41 AM »

Richard Fortus has done lots of studio recordings since 2002. Lead and Rythm.
Just because you wish it to be true doesn't make it a fact.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #109 on: October 17, 2006, 06:18:27 AM »

He said it in his e-mails.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: October 17, 2006, 07:10:06 AM »

I personally would prefer that the actual musicians in the live touring band would be on the official record.  Maybe Paul Huge is a non touring member, how can we tell for sure.
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #111 on: October 17, 2006, 07:52:30 AM »

i think that bucket's parts might not be on cd. i mean not played by him. they might've re-recorded his solos with finck and fortus (to all people saying those 2 can't play that fast, fortus sayd in an e-mail that they could play buckets parts every note). but the reason why i think they re-did bucket's recordings has been mentioned by maoaxl 2-3 pages back: "they want to have the current band members on cd. would slash be where he is today if tracii's parts were on appetite?" i'm not saying they did re-record bucket but they might have.
as far as the other guitar players on the album, we'll find out about it in the novel with credits and thanks that will accompany the cd

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #112 on: October 17, 2006, 08:15:23 AM »

I personally would prefer that the actual musicians in the live touring band would be on the official record.? Maybe Paul Huge is a non touring member, how can we tell for sure.

Actually that's why i started this thread Mr Redfield apparently got an email from the Mank Rage Myspace (Paul Tobias' band) last week and it said

Of course Paul is a current member of the GNR studio line-up and has been for years.

and like most people, i had thought that Richard had redone all Paul's parts but if he is a studio musician for GnR, then chances are, he has some material on the album as well, but now richard info is coming out that i either missed or overlooked that points to alot of Richard material on the album as well.

To me, right now, it is totally plausible that we wil see Buckethead, Robin, Paul, Richard, Axl and Brian May on the record...that is just insane Shocked

(and on top of that, if they use the End Of Days version of OMG then we can add Gary Sunshine and Dave Navarro to that list, most of us think that OMG will not make the cut but none of us know for sure, for sure Undecided )

Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2006, 08:24:03 AM »

Paul, Brian May, and Duff all there during the original recording, will have had their parts re-done by the current band.

are you implying brian may was in the band? he was not. he was a guest only. theres no real reason for his parts to be redone. he is BRIAN MAY.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2006, 08:36:42 AM »

are you implying brian may was in the band? he was not. he was a guest only. theres no real reason for his parts to be redone. he is BRIAN MAY.

and duffs stuff is prolly locked in the vault, with all the slash and izzy shit from  the mid ninetys

Disco Volante
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #115 on: October 17, 2006, 09:51:09 AM »

Also, when IRS originally leaked, Fortus knew nothing about the song.

To be honest, I would not be shocked if Huge was still in the band, but just isn't a touring member of the band.

I would be shocked if this was the case.
Why the shock? Huge was never fired from the band. He was reluctant to tour, so Fortus was brought in. I would be more shocked if Fortus was on the record then I would be if Huge was on the record. We know that a good sized portion of material was recorded with huge. Only thing we know that Fortus was involved in recording is some interludes. All signs point in the direction of Huge being a bigger contributor to CD. I dont understand why certain people are so against that.

Remember when the demos leaked and people were saying how Fortus "owned" the songs? On the Trunk interview, Axl said something like"They think they know who's on those songs, but they dont have a clue"(I'm paraphrasing).

Who do you think he was referring to when he made those comments?

It's just at this point almost all of the 3 cd's have been completed or are close to completion.  What can Huge contribute if he was still a member of the band?  Fortus has been in the band long enough to mark his tatoo on CD.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #116 on: October 17, 2006, 10:03:07 AM »

All band members have admitted that the majority of the music was completed YEARS ago. Paul Huge has been in the band since 1994. Who is likely to have made the bigger impact: The guy there since the disintegration of old GNR and the creation of new GNR, or the guy who joined because he didn't want to tour? Simple logic will lead you to the correct answer.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #117 on: October 17, 2006, 10:13:14 AM »

yeah.... i doubt fortus did much lead work on the album.....

Also, when IRS originally leaked, Fortus knew nothing about the song.

To be honest, I would not be shocked if Huge was still in the band, but just isn't a touring member of the band.

I would be shocked if this was the case.
Why the shock? Huge was never fired from the band. He was reluctant to tour, so Fortus was brought in. I would be more shocked if Fortus was on the record then I would be if Huge was on the record. We know that a good sized portion of material was recorded with huge. Only thing we know that Fortus was involved in recording is some interludes. All signs point in the direction of Huge being a bigger contributor to CD. I dont understand why certain people are so against that.

Remember when the demos leaked and people were saying how Fortus "owned" the songs? On the Trunk interview, Axl said something like"They think they know who's on those songs, but they dont have a clue"(I'm paraphrasing).

Who do you think he was referring to when he made those comments?

people who claimed buckethead wrote better for example..... ok    i still remember how people said bucket wrote it because of the robotic flow the riff and the song in general has... and how big of a loss his departure is because he was the main part in the writing process....  don?t get me wrong, i`m a big fan of bucket and his contributions to gnr (which i heard....), but he was never as important as some people would like him to be...  or at least as important as some people seem to would like him to be...

i was seriously happy to hear axl himself say that robin wrote better....  and that`s just one of his major contributions to the cd. i`m sure about that.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #118 on: October 17, 2006, 02:27:07 PM »

Yeah, Axl probably meant Buckethead to shut some mouth up like "To all the BH cocksuckers, Robin wrote it, not Buckethead".
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 02:32:51 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #119 on: October 17, 2006, 03:04:24 PM »

All band members have admitted that the majority of the music was completed YEARS ago. Paul Huge has been in the band since 1994. Who is likely to have made the bigger impact: The guy there since the disintegration of old GNR and the creation of new GNR, or the guy who joined because he didn't want to tour? Simple logic will lead you to the correct answer.

erm...surely no1 joins a band BECAUSE they DO NOT want to tour?!

either way, you seem to be describing the same guy. huge was there in the transitional period you mention, and he didnt want to tour.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: