Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 04:09:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227873 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed Reveals Details Of New GNR Album (from Triple M Sydney)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed Reveals Details Of New GNR Album (from Triple M Sydney)  (Read 75994 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #300 on: November 25, 2014, 09:29:05 AM »

The argument that Axl has final say and it happens when he says so is very valid.  Little point arguing otherwise.

I just keep coming back to the years 2003-2005, the dark time.  Its pretty hard to believe that 3 solid years doing nothing could not lead to an album being ready by the time they hit the road again in May 2006.  Or not for 2 plus years after that.

At some point, you need to take at least some of the responsibility.  It can't always be someone else's fault entirely.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #301 on: November 25, 2014, 09:37:52 AM »

The argument that Axl has final say and it happens when he says so is very valid.  Little point arguing otherwise.

I just keep coming back to the years 2003-2005, the dark time.  Its pretty hard to believe that 3 solid years doing nothing could not lead to an album being ready by the time they hit the road again in May 2006.  Or not for 2 plus years after that.

At some point, you need to take at least some of the responsibility.  It can't always be someone else's fault entirely.

It was my understanding that during this time an album was presented to the label, but rejected in favor of more producers and perhaps more singles.  It was also during this time I think Axl was getting his ass sued by everyone..  And he was changing managers and I think the record label was ever switching record companies or something like that hahahaha..   Then around 04 or so I think the record company started playing hard ball and cut of funding the recordings, then the greatest hits law suit...   lol damn there was a lot going on behind the senses back then, I give the guy credit for getting out of bed some days.    However, all that is done and the shit is recorded, so lets hear ir
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #302 on: November 25, 2014, 09:46:28 AM »

The label cut off funding in 2004.  Isn't that sort of your cue to wrap it up?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #303 on: November 25, 2014, 09:58:38 AM »

The label cut off funding in 2004.  Isn't that sort of your cue to wrap it up?

Ya my dates are all miss mashed in my head right now, as the 3 shots I had prior to crawling into bed here are hitting me   haha..    Ya I don't know what to say.  I remember hearing a interview with Axl in 99, with him saying CD would be delivered next year.  We all know how that went.   So we can blame the label by rejecting the first draft that they received.  Who knows mb if the label excepted everything as is then, we would be sitting on 3 albums worth of material now......

I am just at the point now of release what you have and move on...  for all I know some of these songs could be 20 years old almost...  more music released is better for the fans I think..   Then move on with the current line up and write some new stuff or what ever, and tour and tour and play different songs.   Not to get into a set list argument now.  haha    Bed time for bacon

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #304 on: November 25, 2014, 10:03:40 AM »

The use of old material also affects promotion.  Well, theoretically, anyway.

Assuming these guys are even allowed to speak to the press about it, its not like they have all these stories about what the making of process was like.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #305 on: November 25, 2014, 04:14:05 PM »

The use of old material also affects promotion.  Well, theoretically, anyway.

Assuming these guys are even allowed to speak to the press about it, its not like they have all these stories about what the making of process was like.

That's one things that is very frustrating as a fan of guns.  When a musician leaves the band we never get any stories   Unless it's the same tired ones from the boys from the 90s.  I for one would love to hear certain guys thoughts on the outcome of cd and unreleased material and how what the whole recording process was like.   All we ever get though is just one line quotes here and there.   I don't get it.  It would be great free promotion for the band  and the material
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #306 on: November 25, 2014, 07:19:58 PM »

It would definitely be cool to have a closer look into the making of CD. Until then, can we really argue about whether the reasons for the delay of the album were legitimate or not? I suppose we could, but all that may happen is that some people will imagine (this is all they can do considering they do not know) reasons that they feel are not valid and other people will likely go on to imagine reasons that they themselves think of as legitimate. Here is my response, as an example:

"The reasons (that I don't know much about) were probably valid. I'm sure Axl could have done certain things better but nobodies perfect. Thanks for tryin' Ax! I really liked the end result, so whatever's clever man."

Then here comes another user, let's just call him mortuary mikey:

"There are no reasons, or the reasons you are giving are not good enough. Shame on him!"

The above also goes for whether or not the distance between CD's release and the next album's release is justified.

Who said it was a plan? Who says he didn't want to release everything sooner?

Oh yeah, because he didn't so it must mean he didn't want to, hope to and that he has planned every single detail exactly like it happened.  Roll Eyes rofl

/jarmo

I refuse to believe that there is some, weird unknowable obstacle, stopping Axl from choosing 10-14 songs from his, alleged vast backlog of material, and plonking them on a disc. Every other band manages to circumnavigate these immense difficulties, Axl, so it is said, has to face. The art of releasing an album by a band that is already established is not that hard. It is not like putting a man on the moon. Neil Young has done it twice, just this year!!

I agree with you to an extent... but come on dude...

Jarmo and his worshipers are going to wig out on you... whats the point?

to Axl's credit this COULD NOT HAVE been the plan....so obviously there were/are hurdles but has he tackled them properly?... im guessing no

don't shoot the messenger!

Yeah, watch out for that there Jarmo and his worshippers! They might do somethin' crazy like not think that them there favorite singer is must be exactly an idiot and so on! hihi
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 07:57:56 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #307 on: November 25, 2014, 09:49:34 PM »

Ya I really do t care for the past all that much other than the curiosity sourcing the whole cd recording process, which included some of the greatest musicians and producers on the planet.    Don't worry I am old enough that I remeber living threw it all and don't want my fav band to go threw the same thing again.   That's why I like to live in the present.   I would love them just to release the already recorded music as soon as possible so us as fans have something and the band is also able to move on and start writing it's own music.   Which the band can then support with live tours featuring there music as the main act and the older songs and a small back ground
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #308 on: November 25, 2014, 10:15:13 PM »

Yes, that stuff would be interesting to read about.

As for the band playing someone else's material, I guess it's inevitable in a band like Guns where the scope is so huge and so many artists are involved. I'm sure the current line up is working on something of their own as well and that we'll see it eventually. Besides, like Gypsy Soul pointed out, most of the members that are in the current line up did write and play a lot of what is on CD.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #309 on: November 25, 2014, 10:18:58 PM »

Yes, that stuff would be interesting to read about.

As for the band playing someone else's material, I guess it's inevitable in a band like Guns where the scope is so huge and so many artists are involved. I'm sure the current line up is working on something of their own as well and that we'll see it eventually. Besides, like Gypsy Soul pointed out, most of the members that are in the current line up did write and play a lot of what is on CD.

It's all guns material.  In the future and in the past.  I have no problem with anyone playing anything live.   It's all about giving the current band there chance to shine with it's own material.  And giving respect to the atists that came together to make cd.   Just do both and get it all out there
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #310 on: November 25, 2014, 10:26:06 PM »

I'm sure they are getting their chance as we speak. It's all a part of the process. I also think that all the past members that recorded and wrote material for CD were accounted for in the credits of the album. Axl is very meticulous about that.

I too want to hear as much Guns material as I can. Of course, that's a given. I'm definitely not into it being pried out of Axl's hands or rushed for whatever reason though. I want it to be held to the Axl Rose standard. That standard is to me a big part of what makes GNR GNR.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 10:32:48 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #311 on: November 25, 2014, 10:45:18 PM »

I'm sure they are getting their chance as we speak. It's all a part of the process. I also think that all the past members that recorded and wrote material for CD were accounted for in the credits of the album. Axl is very meticulous about that.

I too want to hear as much Guns material as I can. Of course, that's a given. I'm definitely not into it being pried out of Axl's hands or rushed for whatever reason though. I want it to be held to the Axl Rose standard. That standard is to me a big part of what makes GNR GNR.

I totally agree with the Axl standard.  I too want his final blessing on any material released.

I guess in my mind they are sitting on a ton of songs that have already been given, this Axl blessing and they are just sitting on them.  Even Ron came out in an interview this year and said, right before the release of CD they tried to get a song on call, Atlas Shrugged, I beleave is the tittle.  He said the only reason it didn't get added, as it would of made the album to long....  So there, that is one song that is ready....   And in my mind there is tons more just like that...

In regards to the past credits being accounted for.  Its not like there was a thousand members playing stuff, shit there was a few guitar players etc...   They WROTE beautiful music and all there song writing credits would account for this, its very easy to track. 
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #312 on: November 25, 2014, 10:57:34 PM »

I thought when you said they should get the respect they deserve it had something to do with them getting credit for the work they put in but I guess you meant something else.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 12:00:44 AM by redneckrudy » Logged

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #313 on: November 25, 2014, 11:18:01 PM »

I thought when you said they should get the respect they deserve it had something to do with them getting credit for the work they put in but I guess you meant something else.

I don't know what you mean.  I kinda made it very clear

I feel all the artists/musicians that recorded during the CD experience should have all there work released as is, if ready, like I heard it was.  I don't want to hear different musicians re-write already wrote material out of respect for the great work that they did during the recording of CD and also to give the current line up a fresh voice, with material written by them.   Is that clear?

In regards to song writing credits on a recorded album...  If something is already recorded, it is very easy to figure out the song writing credits...   Is that clear?
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #314 on: November 25, 2014, 11:47:50 PM »

Ok baconman, I think I got it this time. As far as replacing a part, I think there are some good reasons for doing that. Maybe the new member has a better take of that part. I can't see them switching out the old take for an inferior one. It has to be at least just as good but very likely better, as least in Axl's opinion.

Also, if Axl wants what Josh Freeze wrote for the album but wants it to be performed by Brain, maybe its because once he heard Brain play those tracks he thought his style fit the album better. Or maybe he did it so the live sound of the album songs would be more consistent with the record. I don't know what the reasons are but I'm definitely happy with the end result and if I'm not mistaken, no one has really complained about being recorded over yet so if they have no problem with it then I don't see what the problem is. Correct me if I'm wrong though. If they have a problem with it, I'd like to hear what they have to say and it might make me feel differently about it.   

And yes, I know how much you want to see the lineup get their chance. I believe that is in the process of happening right now.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 11:56:06 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #315 on: November 25, 2014, 11:53:51 PM »

Ok baconman, I think I got it this time. As far as replacing a part, I think there are some good reasons for doing that. Maybe the new member has a better take of that part. I can't see them switching out the old take for an inferior one. It has to be at least just as good but very likely better, as least in Axl's opinion.

Also, if Axl wants what Josh Freeze wrote for the album but wants it to be performed by Brain, maybe its because once he heard Brain play those tracks he thought his style fit the album better. Or maybe he did it so the live sound of the album songs would be more consistent with the record. I don't know what the reasons are but I'm definitely happy with the end result and if I'm not mistaken, no one has really complained about being recorded over yet so if they have no problem with it then I don't see what the problem is. Correct me if I'm wrong though. If they have a problem with it, I'd like to hear what they have to say and it might make me feel differently about it.   

I am not talking about just "parts" of a song.  I am talking about song writing.  That is both writing music, melodys and lyrics.  With all three parts as equal as the last. 

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #316 on: November 25, 2014, 11:59:00 PM »

OK, you feel whoever wrote it should play it on the record. Fair enough. That's certainly one way to do things.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #317 on: November 26, 2014, 12:06:20 AM »

OK, you feel whoever wrote it should play it on the record. Fair enough. That's certainly one way to do things.

lol yes that's how I feel.  Am I crazy for wanting this?  It is there songs, including many current member of the band. 

I would also love to have the current line up sit down and write its own music.  In its own voice.

Then I would like this current line up, or what ever line up around by that point to tour the shit out of all these songs, changing up set lists all the time, so we get to experience the wonders of all these different songs played live.

Again, that's just what I want.

Do some people actually want the current band to go back into the studio and re-write and re-record supposed already done material, by musicians that released CD an album I hope we all support?  That just seems silly.   And the answer, I will except/take/be happy with what ever Axl gives us, is even sillier
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #318 on: November 26, 2014, 12:20:29 AM »

It's not that I want them to re-record, it's just that if they do then they probably have a good reason for it. Like I stated originally, either way is fine with me. If you gave me three options to vote on:

1. Keep the original recording by the writer of the song

2. Re-record everything and use the best takes on the album regardless of who recorded the take
or
3. Just let Axl do his thing, he probably knows what's best for his vision

I'd choose 3. I am generally someone that will always choose 3. If thinking that my favorite artist knows what he's doing is silly, then I am one silly mother fucker.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #319 on: November 26, 2014, 12:30:03 AM »

It's not that I want them to re-record, it's just that if they do then they probably have a good reason for it. Like I stated originally, either way is fine with me. If you gave me three options to vote on:

1. Keep the original recording by the writer of the song

2. Re-record everything and use the best takes on the album regardless of who recorded the take
or
3. Just let Axl do his thing, he probably knows what's best for his vision

I'd choose 3. I am generally someone that will always choose 3. If thinking that my favorite artist knows what he's doing is silly, then I am one silly mother fucker.

Well at least you will never be disappointed or angry or let down ever with this band.   
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: