Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 02:34:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed Reveals Details Of New GNR Album (from Triple M Sydney)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed Reveals Details Of New GNR Album (from Triple M Sydney)  (Read 76272 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #280 on: November 24, 2014, 10:44:53 PM »

The only reason I am saying to "leave the work alone", is because it is supposed to be done!  If that is the case, just release it.  We just cant always say, its Axls vision and we get what we get, and all that silly stuff.  If there is recorded material ready to go, let me hear it.  Call me a greedy fan or whatever, but I am a fan and as one I want as much material as possible to enjoy.

Who knows what the future of guns will bring in the form of, band memebers, new material recorded, tours, videos, etc...   But from what I have heard there is a ton of stuff already recorded, that could be released....   I would love that.

I dont want to keep defending on here how much of a fan of this current line up I am.  They are not my fav line up of guns, but either is the early 90s.   That shouldnt even matter...   

I would love to hear what DJ could come up with on a newly recorded album with guns, that would be great!!!!

I would not want to hear him, re-record work already written by other musicians in the studio.

But, if it did happen...   If for some reason in Axls vision he decided he wanted all the parts rewritten by the current band now.   And that got released. I would still buy it and support it and like it.   Its just not what I would do.  Even if after they re-recorded everything and for whatever reason, we even got another turn over in the band with new players and he got them to re-record all these songs another time.   I would still support it.   I just find it very silly if the music is done release it and then move on to the next project

Eve
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #281 on: November 24, 2014, 10:53:21 PM »

The only reason I am saying to "leave the work alone", is because it is supposed to be done!  If that is the case, just release it.  We just cant always say, its Axls vision and we get what we get, and all that silly stuff.  If there is recorded material ready to go, let me hear it.  Call me a greedy fan or whatever, but I am a fan and as one I want as much material as possible to enjoy.

I just find it very silly if the music is done release it and then move on to the next project

Eve

As I see it, the problem with this (your) argument is what "done" means.
As you yourself pointed out, after the musicians are "done" with recording their parts, all the techs and mixers and mastering people step in and add their mojo.

Eight peoples' "done" doesn't mean "done" when it comes to releasing an album.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #282 on: November 24, 2014, 11:17:29 PM »

I just find it very silly if the music is done release it and then move on to the next project

Eve

As I see it, the problem with this (your) argument is what "done" means.
As you yourself pointed out, after the musicians are "done" with recording their parts, all the techs and mixers and mastering people step in and add their mojo.

Eight peoples' "done" doesn't mean "done" when it comes to releasing an album.

For me done is........  When a song is both written musicly and lyricly

When all the steps to writting a song are complete I consider it done.  Any other contributions from the studio....   techs, engeners, do not count towards my done.  as they have nothing to do with the writting
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #283 on: November 24, 2014, 11:19:50 PM »

haha, I have no idea why it says I signed the one msg above as Eve.   lol   This is one weird interface
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #284 on: November 24, 2014, 11:33:27 PM »

When all the steps to writting a song are complete I consider it done.  Any other contributions from the studio....   techs, engeners, do not count towards my done.  as they have nothing to do with the writting

But you do realize that it can't be released until AFTER the techs/engineers/lawyers/label/etc. all do their part, right?
Plus, as "silly" as it may seem to you and some others, bottom line is Axl does (and IMO should) have the final say as to when "done" is truly "done"

Unfortunately for some, today Axl's not feeling "done" but please feel free to check back tomorrow or whenever in the future and I'm sure he'll let us know ....... maybe.  Tongue

haha, I have no idea why it says I signed the one msg above as Eve.   lol   This is one weird interface
Sorry but your post was "done" so now and forevermore you are Eve.

j/k  Wink

Blame admin.  Lips Sealed

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #285 on: November 24, 2014, 11:47:40 PM »

But you do realize that it can't be released until AFTER the techs/engineers/lawyers/label/etc. all do their part, right?
Plus, as "silly" as it may seem to you and some others, bottom line is Axl does (and IMO should) have the final say as to when "done" is truly "done"

Unfortunately for some, today Axl's not feeling "done" but please feel free to check back tomorrow or whenever in the future and I'm sure he'll let us know ....... maybe.  Tongue

Sorry but your post was "done" so now and forevermore you are Eve.

j/k  Wink

Blame admin.  Lips Sealed

Don't get me wrong. I like the name eve. I just rather use my previous unreleased version hAha

And don't forget you asked my version of "done" meant and I answersd to what I consider "done" to mean in context to writing a song

This was not my opinion on what I think is "done" in regards to the cd unreleased recordings.   As any other fan I truely have no idea what is done other than axl and members of the band saying they have recorded many many many songs.   Now if you were to ask me what guns had that they were sitting on.  And if I was just going to guess.   I would say they are sitting on hours of recordings that hat need to be mastered and released and just arnt.   That is just my guess.   I would also just guess that the only reasn. These songs are not released is because Axl dosnt want to.   That's just a guess though.  And ya not really negative as its his vision right.   Again if there is a lot more work going I t this mAterial I consider done just by guessing and reading interviews I appoligize for being greedy and impatient   But if they are sitting on all this material that is just ready to be mastered   I want t hear it.   

Plus then everyone can move on!!!   Write even more music with this great current line up!   Then us as fans get tons of stuff!
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #286 on: November 25, 2014, 12:10:52 AM »

And don't forget you asked my version of "done" meant and I answersd to what I consider "done" to mean in context to writing a song
"Writing a song" is a far cry from "done".

I asked your version of "done" in the context of you saying this:

The only reason I am saying to "leave the work alone", is because it is supposed to be done!  If that is the case, just release it.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #287 on: November 25, 2014, 12:36:24 AM »

"Writing a song" is a far cry from "done".

I asked your version of "done" in the context of you saying this:

The only reason I am saying to "leave the work alone", is because it is supposed to be done!  If that is the case, just release it.

Ok well I made a mistake with what you were asking me, but now you have both versions of "done".   What I consider "done" it terms to a song and what I "think" is "done" on the CD recordings.  haha, I have never debated done or used so many quotes before, but I  like it

It is your opionion that writting a song is a far cry from done.  I think writting the music and lyics and melody is the hardest thing there is when it comes to aong.  and once that is fisihed a song really is done.  The tech work and engener work, while tough, is not a part of the song writting process.  You go to school for that stuff and really anyone that has gone to said school can do the audio tech work and studio work required to put a "done" song on a album.  I am not including producing in this, as that in itself is its own art form

I would say the hardest part to any song is the writting the music, melodys and lyrics, wih all parts equal.  If it wasnt the hardest, anyone could do it.  MOST of the other stuff, all be it hard, can be done via experience or via schooling...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #288 on: November 25, 2014, 01:03:07 AM »

I don't really even know what I am arguing about here anyways.   If there is music that is already recorded let's hear it.  Now I dnt want to debate what my defenition on "recorded" is.   Come on. 

Also don't take my above post to think I am taking away from all the hard work many different individuals out into CD or any other form of music out there.   I just have great appreciation for the artists work in writing the music and lyics and melody.  I want to hear more from the cd recordings.   Not less or nothing at all.  Mb if I never would of heard there was a ton of songs "finished".  (My new "done"), I wouldn't be waiting to hear them.   But axl himself is the one who said they have recorded a ton of songs.   Mb if he just said here is your 12 songs this is all u get till I give you more stuff and don't worry if there is anything else.  I wouldn't be asking to hear it.  But whatever. Haha.  I will be happy with what I get.   In fact I will be happy with nothing if that was to happen as well.     I would however be even happier if I got what I wanted haha
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #289 on: November 25, 2014, 05:20:30 AM »

I had some time to kill here at work tonight so I went back and read that revolver interview that Axl did this year to see if I was missing something or miss read something he was quoted as saying.   So in it he clearly says that guns has nearly 2 more albums worth of material that was recorded durring the cd recordings.  That they also had some remixes recorded as well.  I also Remeber reading a while back that brain was working back in la on remixes.    He said they have worked on these recordings and have written some new things and pretty much have what he was calling the second half of chinease.  Now that's even more than my definition of "done".   So it sounds really like for a while stuff could of been released mb not in axle vision though   But now it sounds like he has worked on those songs and they are "done".   So.....    What am I missing here     
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #290 on: November 25, 2014, 06:37:36 AM »

David "Gus" Griesinger of BackstageAxxess.com recently conducted an interview with GUNS N' ROSES, THE DEAD DAISIES and HOOKERS 'N' BLOW keyboardist Dizzy Reed. You can now watch the chat below. A couple of excerpts follow (transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET).

On the status of the next GUNS N' ROSES studio album:

"Last I heard, there's a lot of music that has been recorded, a lot of stuff that's done, a lot of stuff that's almost done, and I think it's just a matter of picking out which songs are gonna come out in the next phase. And last I heard, that's what was happening. The main thing is, when it's ready to come out, it'll come out."

On whether the next GUNS N' ROSES album will consist of new songs or music that is left over from the "Chinese Democracy" sessions:

"There's a lot [of material]. You can call it leftovers, but since no one's heard it, technically it's new material. But there's stuff that's been recorded and conceived since then as well. But it's fantastic music, and I really hope it gets out, 'cause people need to hear it. It's great stuff."

On his long-awaited solo album:

"I'm still in the process of mixing my record finally. I tracked 12 songs over about a two-year period, but it's been about four years. I just kind of put it on the backburner, 'cause I couldn't get 'em mixed right, and I finally found the right guy to mix 'em, so that should be done hopefully by the first part of next year."

With almost 25 years of service, Reed is the longest-standing member of the current GUNS lineup after singer Axl Rose.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dizzy-reed-says-there-is-a-lot-of-fantastic-new-guns-n-roses-music-that-needs-to-be-heard/

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtTa5x6ylcs

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #291 on: November 25, 2014, 06:50:35 AM »

Good mornng.   I was getting tired of talking to myself.   But night shift is almost done for me and the drive home begins.   A 1hr drive in fact where I plan on cranking up some cd tracks then fall asleep dreaming of what may come in the future of new releases.   Hahaha.   Have a good day guys
mortismurphy
« Reply #292 on: November 25, 2014, 07:16:55 AM »

Regarding Ashba and BF, it would take a heart of gold to not feel a bit, put out, if they do not get songwriting credits on CD2, that is if Axl decides to pursue solely the Bucket/Finck material - even if he allows them to overdub solos as in CD. Again, it all goes back to this genius plan of Axl's to record material and sit on it for 15 years, which some of you are so keen to defend. Funny how nobody else follows this amazing plan? Imagine if The Beatles decided to shelve Sgt Pepper until the 1980s?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #293 on: November 25, 2014, 07:25:51 AM »

Who said it was a plan? Who says he didn't want to release everything sooner?

Oh yeah, because he didn't so it must mean he didn't want to, hope to and that he has planned every single detail exactly like it happened.  Roll Eyes rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #294 on: November 25, 2014, 08:21:35 AM »

Oh yeah, because he didn't so it must mean he didn't want to, hope to and that he has planned every single detail exactly like it happened.  Roll Eyes rofl

But has he been proactive?  Not really.

Life throws all sorts of shit at you.  No one disputes that.  But its about how you respond.

There's not a real strong, provable argument he has been.  That tends to come down to how we don't know, so shouldn't say.  And nevermind the lack of tangible proof, and it would be swell if you could just gloss over the proof to the contrary that we do have.  Thanks in advance.

That's a poor argument, in the eyes of most.  Rather flimsy, that one.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
mortismurphy
« Reply #295 on: November 25, 2014, 08:43:38 AM »

/jarmo

I refuse to believe that there is some, weird unknowable obstacle, stopping Axl from choosing 10-14 songs from his, alleged vast backlog of material, and plonking them on a disc. Every other band manages to circumnavigate these immense difficulties, Axl, so it is said, has to face. The art of releasing an album by a band that is already established is not that hard. It is not like putting a man on the moon. Neil Young has done it twice, just this year!!
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #296 on: November 25, 2014, 08:54:20 AM »

/jarmo

I refuse to believe that there is some, weird unknowable obstacle, stopping Axl from choosing 10-14 songs from his, alleged vast backlog of material, and plonking them on a disc. Every other band manages to circumnavigate these immense difficulties, Axl, so it is said, has to face. The art of releasing an album by a band that is already established is not that hard. It is not like putting a man on the moon. Neil Young has done it twice, just this year!!

I agree with you to an extent... but come on dude...

Jarmo and his worshipers are going to wig out on you... whats the point?

to Axl's credit this COULD NOT HAVE been the plan....so obviously there were/are hurdles but has he tackled them properly?... im guessing no

don't shoot the messenger!

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #297 on: November 25, 2014, 08:56:25 AM »

/jarmo

hahaha, as a fellow Canadian, like Neil Young, I wouldn't use him as an example in the song writing process.  He is a god when it comes to getting material out....    There is not to many artists like him.

I just got home from driving an hr on a winter hwy here jamming out to CD and a little Jay-Z..   MB Neil can write a song for me about being stuck in but fuck no where, driving to my death on a winter hwy, trying to rap to Jay to the Z..  Hahahaha, I bet it would be released by Friday if he did.

Plans change everything changes.   If Axl had a plan, he has all the power in the world to change it.  Shit, I am divorced, perfect example of a plan changing in life.  However....  Its been a very long time to be sitting on songs, that I want to hear!!!  haha

In regards to the new players doing over dubs on old stuff...   I was thinking that mb there is something in there contracts guaranteeing a song writing credit on a future release or something.  MB that is why we always get these re-recordings.  I can see a lot of the guys contracts being back heavy in this aspect.  Take say Robin.  Well he probably received a nice salary for recording and nice chunk for touring, but the major income source was getting his name on the writing credits.   Just something I was thinking, while I was trying not to die on the way home
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #298 on: November 25, 2014, 09:07:58 AM »

This whole endeavor was going to be hard.  What Axl was attempting to do was basically unprecedented.

And while you absolutely have to factor in that things were bumpy along the way, which sucks, its totally disingenuous and more than a bit self serving to just pretend the self inflicted wounds portion of that process did not happen.

The label could be bastard flavored bastards with bastard filling.  But does that explain all the wasted time?  The missed deadlines?  The entire days people sat in a studio for an artist that never showed up?  Is that on the label, the industry, karma, or whatever else?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #299 on: November 25, 2014, 09:21:27 AM »

This whole endeavor was going to be hard.  What Axl was attempting to do was basically unprecedented.

And while you absolutely have to factor in that things were bumpy along the way, which sucks, its totally disingenuous and more than a bit self serving to just pretend the self inflicted wounds portion of that process did not happen.

The label could be bastard flavored bastards with bastard filling.  But does that explain all the wasted time?  The missed deadlines?  The entire days people sat in a studio for an artist that never showed up?  Is that on the label, the industry, karma, or whatever else?

Sure was a weird process that was the making of CD, but it did turn out a pretty kick ass album that I am still listening too.  I have no problem with anything above that you stated that took place to make this album.  AND the supposed 3 albums worth of recorded material that is some place.  And a remix album too...   I have no problem. but I want it!!!!!   Give it to me baby!   haha   Really now, there shouldn't be much more of a hold up...   Especially if they are saying its very close!  And most of it has been recorded for years!   I wouldn't be so intense to have to come out soon, if they hadn't talked about it coming out soon so much!  If the approach was, you will see it when you see it..  Or we are negotiating with the label for recording costs the label didn't cover or We are re-dubbing some songs with a couple of current guns members to give them some writing credits and a nice pay day...   But nope, I read its recorded and close...
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: