Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 09:23:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227903 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Guns N? Roses Anniversary Show Update: Izzy Stradlin Is a Maybe
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N? Roses Anniversary Show Update: Izzy Stradlin Is a Maybe  (Read 81274 times)
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #120 on: July 28, 2007, 11:33:13 PM »

maybe on piano.

Going by how they made Estranged in the making of vid, Slash wrote all the guitar parts and any interview I have ever seen Axl talks about lyrics more then anything that was his contribution to the band.

When Sweet Child O MIne was created, Slash was messing around with that lick and Steven told him to keep going and started playing, that is what started that song.? ?Come now Axl may have been the singer and the focus and its a musical genius for sure but saying that he basically wrote all the music in GNR is really, really, really unbelievable.

Interesting - it's the same names. Funny that it is the same people who were in another thread showing a huge lack of support and respect to Axl and Guns N' Roses today that are having problems with the idea that Axl may be way more talented than they originally thought.

Lyrics more than anything was his contribution to the band!!! Unbelievable!  rofl

Helmet 2!  rofl rofl

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #121 on: July 28, 2007, 11:39:49 PM »

"Helmet 2 done. There IS a God!"
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #122 on: July 28, 2007, 11:57:40 PM »

maybe on piano.

Going by how they made Estranged in the making of vid, Slash wrote all the guitar parts and any interview I have ever seen Axl talks about lyrics more then anything that was his contribution to the band.

When Sweet Child O MIne was created, Slash was messing around with that lick and Steven told him to keep going and started playing, that is what started that song.? ?Come now Axl may have been the singer and the focus and its a musical genius for sure but saying that he basically wrote all the music in GNR is really, really, really unbelievable.

Interesting - it's the same names. Funny that it is the same people who were in another thread showing a huge lack of support and respect to Axl and Guns N' Roses today that are having problems with the idea that Axl may be way more talented than they originally thought.

Lyrics more than anything was his contribution to the band!!! Unbelievable!? rofl

Helmet 2!? rofl rofl

Give me a break, if you knew anything about me and knew me when I was at MYGNR Years ago, all my avs, sigs and everything else was completely Axl Rose doesn't mean that I can't see that they are all talented and all made old gnr what it was not just Axl.  Anyhow this a more then TIRED arguement.  My posting in that other thread, had nothing to do what so ever with who was more talented, it was why couldn't this be discussed in this section.

One last thing, Old GNR was all about lyrics yes but also the riffs are the most amazing riffs ever to be played in songs...words and music, words and music....takes the whole band to create that and just because I think that way doesn't mean I don't like, respect or support the new band.

Anyhow, I am done with you with this, this event is going on and I am not going to be disrespectful to it by discussing this any further with you or anyone.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #123 on: July 28, 2007, 11:59:17 PM »

"Second band, Auburn Court is on. All-girl band, singer hotter than all the suicide girls put together"
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #124 on: July 29, 2007, 12:12:32 AM »

maybe on piano.

Dude are you serious? You are implying that Axl Rose came up with guitar licks on piano??? nervous rofl rofl rofl

Yes, it aint so far fetched. It's how the Beatles wrote alot of their stuff. Paul would go to John: "Hey John, do you think you could play something like this on guitar?" **Paul plays melody on piano**

John: "Oh I don't know lad. You mean something like this".......

(do with Liverpudlian accent for full impact)

I will end the conversation right now , this is uncalled for if you seriously think axl rose came up with guitar licks for scom , pc , wttj , rocket queen , nightrain and most gnr song you have seriously lost it.

Deffinatly agree with this.
I'm sorry, but the 'piano theory' is one of the most ridiculous things I have read on here. You are pretty much giving Axl 100% credit for Appitite, and Slash and co. nothing.
It's a joke, and a disgrace.

I give Slash credit for playing them as only he could. And the other musicians for doing their thang!

Believe me, when you liken something to Lennon and McCartney it really is a complement.

If thats what you really believe, that Axl played all of Slash's solos and riffs from Appetite to him on the piano initially and everything else the band played was just what Axl played to them on piano then you have one of the most delusional interpertations of the band and you are so misguided that it is sad.

Yeh, maybe I should have quoted this guy instead.

Never said EVERYTHING else the band played was just what Axl played on piano!? Roll Eyes

Anyway, enjoy the show.......If that's what you choose to support.......
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 12:18:08 AM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #125 on: July 29, 2007, 12:16:47 AM »

does he just call them helmet 2 because he doesnt like them?

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
American Hellhound
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #126 on: July 29, 2007, 12:17:04 AM »

The Guns N' Roses that matters in 2007 finished a tour last Saturday in Osaka, Japan in front of thousands of ecstatic fans.

/jarmo

Oh please. What matters is that you have 4 of the guys together who made this band what it is.

I'll guarantee tonight draws another packed out club full of ecstatic fans.

These guys being at this show matters to the majority of people who call themselves Guns N Roses fans.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #127 on: July 29, 2007, 12:26:57 AM »

The Guns N' Roses that matters in 2007 finished a tour last Saturday in Osaka, Japan in front of thousands of ecstatic fans.

/jarmo

Oh please. What matters is that you have 4 of the guys together who made this band what it is.

These guys being at this show matters to the majority of people who call themselves Guns N Roses fans.
oh, and you have 3 ex-Gn'R members on VR. they can't sell-out a show, dude. this is a AFD party and people will show up cause they think Axl might be there. Don't be that ridiculous, please. ok

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #128 on: July 29, 2007, 12:29:57 AM »

"Girl band done. Last song: rocket queen"

does he just call them helmet 2 because he doesnt like them?

I think so...
American Hellhound
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #129 on: July 29, 2007, 12:45:42 AM »

/jarmo

oh, and you have 3 ex-Gn'R members on VR. they can't sell-out a show, dude. this is a AFD party and people will show up cause they think Axl might be there. Don't be that ridiculous, please. ok

Thanks bro.

But your opinion doesn't change the fact that you have 4 of the guys onstage playing the songs that made Guns N Roses what it is. This has nothing to do with VR, but nice try.   ok
Bruno Poeys
VIP

« Reply #130 on: July 29, 2007, 12:48:35 AM »

/jarmo

Thanks bro.

But your opinion doesn't change the fact that you have 4 of the guys onstage playing the songs that made Guns N Roses what it is. This has nothing to do with VR, but nice try.   ok
your opinion does not matter at all.
it's not a "nice try", it's the truth. PEOPLE don't fucking show up at VR's show cause they sucks, ya know?
if there are a lot of people waiting for this show, the only reason is "Axl might show up".
your opinion doesn't change the fact that Duff, Steven and Slash can't write good music... without Axl. Axl, on the other hand, wrote some fucking nice songs... ok

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #131 on: July 29, 2007, 12:53:44 AM »

"Helmet on steroids on now"
Bruno Poeys
VIP

« Reply #132 on: July 29, 2007, 12:57:38 AM »

I'll not waste my time, I'll not increase my post count, lol. Please, keep this thread clean 'cause people want to read updates from Mandy.

Thanks, Mandy. Kiss

EDIT, just to make sure that people will read:

I'll not waste my time, I'll not increase my post count, lol. Please, keep this thread clean 'cause people want to read updates from Mandy.

STOP BEING STUPID, I'LL NOT POST ANYMORE.

AGAIN:

hope it's fuckin' clear now.
some people are too stupid to read, lol.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 01:15:48 AM by Bruno Poeys » Logged

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #133 on: July 29, 2007, 12:59:19 AM »

You've gotta be kidding right? VR suck and can't sell out shows?
Maybe you should run that by all the people that attended VR's sold out shows when they toured Australia in 2005...

I love the current GN'R lineup and all, but the amount of disrespect here for the original band that made the album that takes up 90% of GN'R's current setlist these days, is just unacceptable.

Newsflash: if it wasn't for those guys, there wouldn't be Guns N' Roses legacy for the new band to build from in the first place.

And saying that isn't dissing the current band at all, it'd just be nice of some you to respect the past.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #134 on: July 29, 2007, 01:06:07 AM »

Yes, it is a good thing izzy is there........out of respect for the past.........lending a little dose of credibility to the thing......

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
American Hellhound
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #135 on: July 29, 2007, 01:08:31 AM »

it's not a "nice try", it's the truth. PEOPLE don't fucking show up at VR's show cause they sucks, ya know?
if there are a lot of people waiting for this show, the only reason is "Axl might show up".
your opinion doesn't change the fact that Duff, Steven and Slash can't write good music... without Axl. Axl, on the other hand, wrote some fucking nice songs... ok

Oh, really ? They can't write good music without Axl ? ?rofl I have some solo albums by these guys that prove otherwise. If you choose to not acknowledge guys that were responsible in this music's creation, that's your choice. I assure you that your opinion is not vastly agreed with by the general public.? ?ok
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #136 on: July 29, 2007, 01:10:36 AM »

/jarmo

Thanks bro.

You've been to a VR show to judge how many people are there? I didn't think so VR shows get a nice turn out bro. Saying Slash and Co can't write good music is FAR from a fact its a matter of opinion. Stop riding Axl's cock....
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #137 on: July 29, 2007, 01:14:36 AM »

Oh, really ? They can't write good music without Axl ? ?rofl I have some solo albums by these guys that prove otherwise. If you choose to not acknowledge guys that were responsible in this music's creation, that's your choice. I assure you that your opinion is not vastly agreed with by the general public.? ?ok

Once again. I would like to remind you that you are posting on a Gn'R fan board - a fan board that has clearly stated it's support for Axl and GN'R today....... some other 'fan' board may appreciate your comments more.......

"stop riding Axls' cock" is offensive to the people who support this site.  Angry

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
west_coast_offense
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #138 on: July 29, 2007, 01:17:54 AM »

Is it actually helmet??
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #139 on: July 29, 2007, 01:29:19 AM »

I have no idea, but that's what he keeps saying...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: