Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 02:00:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227899 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Guns N? Roses Anniversary Show Update: Izzy Stradlin Is a Maybe
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N? Roses Anniversary Show Update: Izzy Stradlin Is a Maybe  (Read 81263 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #240 on: July 30, 2007, 04:02:09 AM »

I've been a fan for 20 years, so it's hard for me to accept this band as GNR. Is that okay?

I've been a fan for about 15, and all I can say is that you might as well learn to accept it because it is the reality of the situation and nothing is going to change that.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #241 on: July 30, 2007, 04:03:04 AM »

Well spotted Christos!  beer

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #242 on: July 30, 2007, 04:10:15 AM »

Anyway, just in case people care, these are the real pictures... People could find them 2 pages back.

Photoshopped pics are not exactly appreciated here... Not that this particular is your fault...

DaBrookman
« Reply #243 on: July 30, 2007, 04:14:05 AM »

I've been a fan for 20 years, so it's hard for me to accept this band as GNR. Is that okay?

I've been a fan for about 15, and all I can say is that you might as well learn to accept it because it is the reality of the situation and nothing is going to change that.

Yeah, I'll work on that.
Maybe the 'ex-gunners' forum isn't for you... 
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #244 on: July 30, 2007, 04:21:16 AM »

i think it is.  I follow what most of the ex-gunners are doing and am a huge Izzy fan.
DaBrookman
« Reply #245 on: July 30, 2007, 04:27:49 AM »

i think it is.? I follow what most of the ex-gunners are doing and am a huge Izzy fan.

Cool, so let people like what they like.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #246 on: July 30, 2007, 04:28:07 AM »

Yeah, I'll work on that.
Maybe the 'ex-gunners' forum isn't for you...?

On this site, the ex-gunners section is here so that people who have a certain view about GN'R history (and how it impacts on the band today) can discuss it from this perspective........without it having to be an argument all the time!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
DaBrookman
« Reply #247 on: July 30, 2007, 04:34:41 AM »

Yeah, I'll work on that.

On this site, the ex-gunners section is here so that people who have a certain view about GN'R history (and how it impacts on the band today) can discuss it from this perspective........without it having to be an argument all the time!

Oh, it should only be discussed from your perceived 'certain view' and 'perspective'. Kind of like Communism.
I'm sorry, I know there's over-zealous parties on both sides of the argument. 
I politely withdrawl.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #248 on: July 30, 2007, 04:44:17 AM »

Yeah, I'll work on that.

Oh, it should only be discussed from your perceived 'certain view' and 'perspective'. Kind of like Communism.
I'm sorry, I know there's over-zealous parties on both sides of the argument.?
I politely withdrawl.

No, I'm saying people come here to discuss certain shared views and share them with others in peace. Kind of like Utopia.

Other people come here to enforce their view onto people who do not share the same perspective. Kind of like a dictatorship.

And whose view of communism are you talking about?
Marx, Ho Chi Mhin, Stalin?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 05:13:18 AM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #249 on: July 30, 2007, 05:20:13 AM »

random observation: does anyone else think there may be some problems between Slash and Duff?   Duff said in the Rolling Stone article that they weren't talking for a while and you dont see them together in any of these pics.   
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #250 on: July 30, 2007, 05:31:52 AM »

random observation: does anyone else think there may be some problems between Slash and Duff?? ?Duff said in the Rolling Stone article that they weren't talking for a while and you dont see them together in any of these pics.? ?

Hmm, didn't think about it untill you mentioned it.
I don't think so to be honest. There are a lot of times where people post how they met Slash and Duff together in a city before a show, hanging out together. The way I see it the two of them seem to be good mates. They've been through a lot together, and would know each other really well. As what happens with people you are around for a long time, you can have fallings out, or simply just need some space from each other for a while, but you're still friends and still end up hanging out again. That's the way I can see those guys.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #251 on: July 30, 2007, 05:39:05 AM »

yea i prolly wouldn't have noticed if not for what Duff said in that article recently.   I always figured they were the closest out of the ex-gunners, since they kinda stuck together, but who knows.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #252 on: July 30, 2007, 08:12:20 AM »

beer beer beer beer Jarmo and others get so mad when we say that but its the truth. No one goes to see GNR to hear Better , IRS , or Madagascar , they go for the classic hits....

Make up your mind.

You people also get upset whining about the setlist and I always say they play what people love to hear.

Pick one and stick with it.

Damn, Jarmo, you're harsh. With Izzy, Duff, and Steven sharing the same stage for the first time in 17 years NOBODY felt cheated!
If I recall, this site predates Nu-GNR. You designed it to HONOR it's EARLIER incarnations. You were a fan. You're so rude to the original members these days.

Rude?

You don't think talking about making lots of money by reuniting and getting some fans' hopes up is rude?

Did you have to answer e-mails from people asking if it's true the band was gonna reunite in L.A. this past weekend?

Did you have to answer the same kind of e-mails last time Steven talked about how he met Axl in Las Vegas?

Axl did a nice thing to Steven and look at how it was used against him.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #253 on: July 30, 2007, 08:51:24 AM »

Rude?

Did you have to answer e-mails from people asking if it's true the band was gonna reunite in L.A. this past weekend?

Did you have to answer the same kind of e-mails last time Steven talked about how he met Axl in Las Vegas?

I don't get the point. You are against the old members because you have to answer people what was about the Adler show ?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #254 on: July 30, 2007, 09:33:05 AM »

Obviously you don't get it since I'm not against anybody..

I'm only against the bullshit that came with Steven's comments and I don't want any part in fooling people into going to a show thinking Axl was going to be there.

Even Slash didn't play. No matter how you twist it, most people assumed that he'd play since Steven said Slash was gonna be there.

Or maybe you people buy tickets to concerts to see somebody hang out backstage but not appear on stage. In that case, I apologize.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #255 on: July 30, 2007, 11:24:54 AM »

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/07/30/three-ex-members-of-guns-n-roses-reunite-at-hollywood-show/

Saturday?s highly anticipated Guns N? Roses semi-reunion at Hollywood?s Key Club went nearly as planned. As expected, Axl Rose was a no-show, but former GN?R guitarist Izzy Stradlin and bassist Duff McKagan joined ex-drummer Steven Adler?s new band, Adler?s Appetite, for ?Mr. Brownstone? and ?Paradise City.? The performance, which celebrated the twentieth anniversary of Appetite for Destruction, is said to be the first time the trio played onstage together since Adler?s 1990 departure from the band. Slash was, in fact, present for the evening?s festivities, but ?something reportedly came up? that caused him to leave before the reunion jam (he was rumored to be closing the night with ?Welcome to the Jungle?). No footage has hit YouTube so far, but photos of the show are already up on Adler?s MySpace, and for more on the creation of Appetite for Destruction, check out the current issue of Rolling Stone.

-- Erica Futterman
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #256 on: July 30, 2007, 11:29:23 AM »

Well, that explains the Rolling Stone cover then!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #257 on: July 30, 2007, 11:31:45 AM »

Izzy played Tijuana, Mama Kin, and Paradise City.

Nice he finished off with Axl's song? ok

According to my AFD booklet, it was written and composed by W. Axl Rose, Slash, Izzy Stradlin', Duff McKagen and Steven Adler. It's well known the riff was something Slash had for a long time and the band wrote the lyrics together while on tour along the west coast. Stop posting crap without a source.

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #258 on: July 30, 2007, 11:35:55 AM »

Izzy played Tijuana, Mama Kin, and Paradise City.

Nice he finished off with Axl's song? ok

According to my AFD booklet, it was written and composed by W. Axl Rose, Slash, Izzy Stradlin', Duff McKagen and Steven Adler. It's well known the riff was something Slash had for a long time and the band wrote the lyrics together while on tour along the west coast. Stop posting crap without a source.

Oh, in my opinion Paradise City has a lot of the spirit of Axl in it, hence my comment about it being "Axl's Song". You know, it's abit like Frank and My Way. Now who wrote My Way?

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
CSS
« Reply #259 on: July 30, 2007, 11:43:38 AM »

For God's sake...

They all wrote Paradise City!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: