Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:03:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227920 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Slashead and Beta, update thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slashead and Beta, update thread  (Read 15266 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2006, 04:54:22 AM »

Sinking to dumb asses on heres level though makes it worse.

The internet is full of attention whores. People who post fake shit are attention whores. So actually having someone from GNR's camp insult them is the ultimate in attention whoring.

So My point is, she actually may make things worse doing that than better. Most people who create bullshit would be best served by being ignored and banned instead of having someone from GNR's camp stoop to their level thus fueling the ilk of posters who want attention.

Now u will have a hundred carbon copy clones out posting shit just to see if she will respond to them.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2006, 05:02:13 AM »

You have to remember that Beta has a personal relationship with Axl. So she may often perceive these posts as personal attacks on her friend. How would anybody else here respond to a bombardment of false accusations against somebody they cared about? Would they also take the high road? Or would they be a human being and tell those behind the posts to shove a microphone stand up their ass?

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2006, 05:05:44 AM »

You have to remember that Beta has a personal relationship with Axl. So she may often perceive these posts as personal attacks on her friend. How would anybody else here respond to a bombardment of false accusations against somebody they cared about? Would they also take the high road? Or would they be a human being and tell those behind the posts to shove a microphone stand up their ass?

I can understand why she did it, I am just sayin it isnt gonna get back at those people, its only gonna fuel them and make them wanna do more shit like that.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2006, 05:07:04 AM »

I can understand why she did it, I am just sayin it isnt gonna get back at those people, its only gonna fuel them and make them wanna do more shit like that.

Some people just need to be told to shut the fuck up.

Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2006, 05:11:17 AM »

Yep.

I'll download it !
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2006, 06:33:34 AM »

i wouldn't beleive anyone who uses the name 'Slashead' in the first place  hihi
I'm pretty sure that if I used "Adolf Hitler" as nickname, you would be my biggest fan... hihi

what the fuck are you doing here?    you dont like the band.. be gone.  no one will miss you.

the band themselves have just told you they dont want you as a fan and to fuck off.  take a hint, take their advice, find something in your life to be positive about and go like that.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 07:02:32 AM by Jim Bob » Logged
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2006, 08:52:24 AM »

I expect someone in GNR management or in that camp to at least deflect rumors with class and not try to act like a bad ass behind a computer. Doin that just sinks to the level of the members on here doing that.

I'm pretty sure Beta would act like a bad ass without the computer as well.

Yep.

Then please, please do.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2006, 10:38:18 AM »

My God....

She's not posting as some kind of spokesperson as far as I know. When somebody speaks on behalf of the band, those articles can be found in the news section and on the official site.

She posts as herself. Somebody who happens to work for the band and as somebody who's actually there where the stuff happens in contrast to the many "experts" who aren't.

I'm very grateful that she takes the time to kill some of the stupid shit that people make up. It's not something she has to do.

As SLCPUNK pointed out, maybe after reading post after post of bullshit, you'd react the same way?

It's never good enough for some of you. There's always something to complain about.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2006, 10:43:29 AM »

It makes us all look like fools.

Most people here do that on their own with no problem.

Maybe she is sick of reading bullshit posts from people? Also remember that sarcasm is a tough to figure sometimes on a message board, much less with a tad bit of language barrier.

I don't blame her one bit. If somebody who is cracking a jokes gets caught in friendly fire, well, that is just the way it goes.? ?

Let's start by sticking to the point shall we? Most people are not me, and I don't like them being brought in to my arguments. If they want to be fools, go ahead, I don't care. If you wanna call me a fool, go ahead, just tell it like a man instead of "subtely" disguising it.

Maybe she is sick of all the bullshit? Maybe we all are? Maybe I sometimes get sick of some of my own bullshit? No doubt, there's alot of fuckin' bullshit in the GN'R message board world. With that being said, there are not many of us that want it that way, but it's the only way we have most of the time. Nobody's telling us much, we're fans, so what do we do? We speculate, for better and for worse. That's just the way it is. If somebody wants to change that, fine go ahead, but it's ultimately not on the fans. We can't control ourselves as an entity.

I must say, Jarmo often does a great job with that stuff, some other people however, not so much. Now we're getting to the core of my frustrations very soon. I don't really mind GN'R not telling us anything. I'm used to it, and like some say, I can understand the risk of the press turning everything into bullshit. But I do resent those same people attacking the fanbase for the natural results of that silence. If they, Beta or whomever, wants to come here and clear up some bullshit and rumours for us, that's great, just great. But if they wanna start using condescending articulation and agressive behaviour, then I say leave it be. Cause I know they may not mean all of us, but they should absolutely be the ones to fuckin know that any negative remark against anyone can be turned into a monster. They know, cause they've been there before. And that's why I can't help to sometimes think of their behaviour as patethic and unescessary. That's why I wanna speak my mind about it, without being labeled a whiner and a fool.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2006, 10:55:10 AM »

Slashead is now banned.

It's obvious he/she was only here to start shit.

I don't care for the stupid games with these so called fans who only come here to start arguments because they're stuck in the past.

Beta is aggressive now? That's amusing, I've been called that too....

Stop reading her posts then.

Maybe it's your goal to have her stop posting?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2006, 01:23:42 PM »

I understand her doing it, Im only saying I hope it doesnt encourage more attention seekers to do even more of that stuff just to see if they can get a response.

People are like that, the more they know they are getting under someone's skin, the more they will do stuff like that. I just always felt the best way to diffuse attention seekers is to not give them any attention.

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2006, 05:02:45 PM »

hey!
I'm the aggressive one! Cheesy

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
fixintodie
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2006, 05:42:16 PM »

Slashead is now banned.

It's obvious he/she was only here to start shit.

I don't care for the stupid games with these so called fans who only come here to start arguments because they're stuck in the past.

Beta is aggressive now? That's amusing, I've been called that too....

Stop reading her posts then.

Maybe it's your goal to have her stop posting?

/jarmo

So Beta comes on the board, reads something that offends her and any reaction is justified. As Jarmo said in another thread, 'she has my permission to post whatever the fuck she wants'.

If any other poster reads something Beta wrote that offends him/her, he/she should pretend they never read it.

At least we know where we stand.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2006, 05:43:23 PM »

OMG, some of you guys are so dramatic. Jeezus!
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2006, 05:57:47 PM »

Just my 2 cents, but Beta seems to react exactly how my mother would react to someone ragging on me. ?No matter what the situation, she's always on my side. ?So it makes sense. ?Axl has said Beta is like a mother to him, so if she feels protective of him like any of her other children, of course she's going be pissed and hurt by what people say. ?

Well, if your son is a criminal it wouldn't be the best thing to go around asking the victims what they think of him. Just saying if it's so hard on her, don't come, or atleast don't act on it. You're gonna find GN'R jokes, dig ins, critisism, frustration and pure hate all over the board, nice ones and not so nice ones, it goes along with following a band with this much controversy.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2006, 06:09:57 PM »

Ok, I see that you don't want Beta posting here.

Is that jealousy? "If she's not posting at our board she sure as hell shouldn't post there either!  crying "

She only responds to lies posted by a select few. If those people feel insulted, too fucking bad. You need to learn to take responsibility for your fucking actions. Get it?

If you post made up bullshit about the band or its members, then somebody close to the band gets upset and reacts to it by posting and you find it insulting, then maybe you shouldn't have fucking posted your fairy tales in the first place?

You people want to be able to make jokes about the band but not be held responsible for anything you say.

Well guess what? It doesn't work like that.

So either post your lame fucking jokes and deal with the consequences or shut the fuck up.

It's the same fucking thing when you get banned. You either were joking or I'm a "nazi" for banning an obvious shit starter. It was never your fault, you're the poor victim....  Cry

I don't have time for your kindergarden games.

If you're only here to start shit, you'll have to deal with the consequences of your actions sooner or later.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 06:13:54 PM by jarmo » Logged

Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2006, 06:17:41 PM »

Just my 2 cents, but Beta seems to react exactly how my mother would react to someone ragging on me. ?No matter what the situation, she's always on my side. ?So it makes sense. ?Axl has said Beta is like a mother to him, so if she feels protective of him like any of her other children, of course she's going be pissed and hurt by what people say. ?

Well, if your son is a criminal it wouldn't be the best thing to go around asking the victims what they think of him. Just saying if it's so hard on her, don't come, or atleast don't act on it. You're gonna find GN'R jokes, dig ins, critisism, frustration and pure hate all over the board, nice ones and not so nice ones, it goes along with following a band with this much controversy.

I agree with you completely. ?I understand why she reacts the way she does, but I don't understand either why she reads it. ?If I were famous, or someone I loved was famous, I would have to stay away from the message boards and celeb blogs. ?It would hurt me too much to read all of the negative things people say. ?I can't speak for Beta or anyone else as to whether they should or should not get involved in this back and forth posting... she should do whatever she feels is best. ?I understand there's the element of wanting to stop the rumors and lies, but in this day with the internet, you're fighting a losing battle. ?It seems like the more you try to shout over everybody with the truth, the more the lies start coming. ?
fixintodie
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2006, 06:18:05 PM »

Ok, I see that you don't want Beta posting here.

Is that jealousy? "If she's not posting at our board she sure as hell shouldn't post there either!? crying "

She only responds to lies posted by a select few. If those people feel insulted, too fucking bad. You need to learn to take responsibility for your fucking actions. Get it?

If you post made up bullshit about the band or its members, then somebody close to the band gets upset and reacts to it by posting and you find it insulting, then maybe you shouldn't have fucking posted your fairy tales in the first place?

You people want to be able to make jokes about the band but not be held responsible for anything you say.

Well guess what? It doesn't work like that.

So either post your lame fucking jokes and deal with the consequences or shut the fuck up.

It's the same fucking thing when you get banned. You either were joking or I'm a "nazi" for banning an obvious shit starter. It was never your fault, you're the poor victim....? Cry

I don't have time for your kindergarden games.

If you're only here to start shit, you'll have to deal with the consequences of your actions sooner or later.

/jarmo

Yeah, I can't understand why people say you're aggressive either.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2006, 06:22:39 PM »

Do you need a Kleenex?

I spiced it up a bit to see what you'd say, and you reacted just like I imagined.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: