Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 03:53:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1570918 times)
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #6520 on: June 01, 2017, 01:37:54 PM »

Axl is shinin' onstage and he is again the greatest frontman out there. He needs Slash and Duff to do that.

Just wondering how many GNR shows have you seen between 2001 and 2014. I have seen 15, of a total of 21.

The 15 times I've seen Axl without Slash and Duff I left the venue/stadium thrilled by Axl's performance, with the feeling that the GNR phenomenon was him, that the rest of the personell may vary but it's irrelevant as long as he is there. And if you surround him with insanely talented players like Richard, Robin, Brain, Bucket, Ron, etc, you get a mega-band.

Axl doesn't need anyone to be a worldwide success, to be one of the most talented performers, songwritters and vocalist in the history of hard rock. He formed the band WITHOUT Slash and Duff, he made outstanding music without Slash and Duff, he sold out stadiums all over the planet without Slash and Duff, he was certified platinum in the US and multi-platinum internationally without Slash and Duff, and that was not the same luck for them without Axl.

He lost so many years tryin' to carry and keep the legacy of Guns n' Roses and he failed.

He lost nothing. He gave the world an incredible album -the best in the GNR discography IMO- and fabulous concerts all over the world. He also showed the world he was absolutely able to step out of the safe zone and create non-standard ''rock-n-roll-cocaine-dude'' music and experimenting new styles. If ''keeping the legacy'' for you is trying to recreate the nineties over and over as a cover band would do... well...

This tour, these shows are a prove to that. On the last 24 years he just released an album, not a bad one, but definitely not a GUNS album.

What this does proove is that you are a disrespectful newbie.

If it was Axl with Ashba, Bumblefoot... Yesterday it would have been 5.000 people not 40.000

Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande and Luis Fonsi can easily sell 40.000 tickets in one blink. Shawn Lane went to my country once and he played in front of 300 people. Do you think any of the 3 first are greater musicians or artists than Mr. Lane (RIP)?

Geez, the GNR community has been flooded with these noobs since january 2016...

Sorry, but you're being a hypocrite here, the boy did not criticize the old band, but he spoke some truths. I'm not here to defend Axl, but to show that he has not released anything for many years, the DVD in Vegas was a big sales failure, and many fans did not even care, and anyone who criticizes Axl's not launching anything It's noob, it's just fans wanting something new. Respect this and be happy.

And I remember that Contraband won a Grammy for best rock album, and it sold very well. And I think Slash and Duff contributed more between 1995 and 201 than Axl.
Slash and Duff worked hard during the years off the GNR

''the boy'' not only criticized the old band: he also denied it's identity when he said ChiDem was not a GNR album.

What certified numbers do you have regarding Appetite For Democracy? Do you realise how hard is to sell audio/video stuff in the internet era? Are you really comparing the sales of an album released in 2004 with a DVD released in 2014, exactly a decade later?

I dont care about what Slash and Duff did outside GNR. Im a GNR fan, not a fan of those two. Oh, but I can perfectly remember what they did to GNR in those years.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #6521 on: June 01, 2017, 01:41:18 PM »

I think...Axl has a bunch of material recorded, some of which he likes, and every once in a great while he makes vague comments to whoever is lucky enough get the soundbite about possibly sprucing up and putting out said material.  I do not think he cares enough to do that. Not by a longshot.  I also do not think he will write and record "new" music with Slash and Duff.  I think that however long they manage to keep this tour afloat is all we're going to get from Guns N' Roses in the foreseeable future.  For some, that will be gravy.  For others who like to see GNR move things forward, not so much.

Perfect comment my friend.

We do not even know if he's written anything new since 2006 when the album was finalized. Black Sabbath announced the reunion of three original members as well as GNR, and announced new album and tour, and even after that the tour continued with The End world tour and another EP with new songs, misses that in Guns. Someone with big balls.

And that's from a bunch of guys who were already (in rock terms) a bunch of old geezers* who could all have quite justifiably rested on their laurels and called it a day when Guns were putting Appetite for Destruction together. 

*see what I did there?

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #6522 on: June 01, 2017, 01:49:54 PM »

Ill be honest I wouldn't be surprised if whatever material that was written in the "Chi Dem" Era if it goes by the way of songs like Crash Diet, Ain't going down from the UYI era that never gets an official release. The only difference which is a big one is that we actually got to hear those demos and haven't even heard as much as a demo of anything other then what was on Chinese Democracy. Silkworms I guess not withstanding
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #6523 on: June 01, 2017, 01:57:21 PM »

Axl is shinin' onstage and he is again the greatest frontman out there. He needs Slash and Duff to do that.

Just wondering how many GNR shows have you seen between 2001 and 2014. I have seen 15, of a total of 21.

The 15 times I've seen Axl without Slash and Duff I left the venue/stadium thrilled by Axl's performance, with the feeling that the GNR phenomenon was him, that the rest of the personell may vary but it's irrelevant as long as he is there. And if you surround him with insanely talented players like Richard, Robin, Brain, Bucket, Ron, etc, you get a mega-band.

Axl doesn't need anyone to be a worldwide success, to be one of the most talented performers, songwritters and vocalist in the history of hard rock. He formed the band WITHOUT Slash and Duff, he made outstanding music without Slash and Duff, he sold out stadiums all over the planet without Slash and Duff, he was certified platinum in the US and multi-platinum internationally without Slash and Duff, and that was not the same luck for them without Axl.

He lost so many years tryin' to carry and keep the legacy of Guns n' Roses and he failed.

He lost nothing. He gave the world an incredible album -the best in the GNR discography IMO- and fabulous concerts all over the world. He also showed the world he was absolutely able to step out of the safe zone and create non-standard ''rock-n-roll-cocaine-dude'' music and experimenting new styles. If ''keeping the legacy'' for you is trying to recreate the nineties over and over as a cover band would do... well...

This tour, these shows are a prove to that. On the last 24 years he just released an album, not a bad one, but definitely not a GUNS album.

What this does proove is that you are a disrespectful newbie.

If it was Axl with Ashba, Bumblefoot... Yesterday it would have been 5.000 people not 40.000

Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande and Luis Fonsi can easily sell 40.000 tickets in one blink. Shawn Lane went to my country once and he played in front of 300 people. Do you think any of the 3 first are greater musicians or artists than Mr. Lane (RIP)?

Geez, the GNR community has been flooded with these noobs since january 2016...

Sorry, but you're being a hypocrite here, the boy did not criticize the old band, but he spoke some truths. I'm not here to defend Axl, but to show that he has not released anything for many years, the DVD in Vegas was a big sales failure, and many fans did not even care, and anyone who criticizes Axl's not launching anything It's noob, it's just fans wanting something new. Respect this and be happy.

And I remember that Contraband won a Grammy for best rock album, and it sold very well. And I think Slash and Duff contributed more between 1995 and 201 than Axl.
Slash and Duff worked hard during the years off the GNR

''the boy'' not only criticized the old band: he also denied it's identity when he said ChiDem was not a GNR album.

What certified numbers do you have regarding Appetite For Democracy? Do you realise how hard is to sell audio/video stuff in the internet era? Are you really comparing the sales of an album released in 2004 with a DVD released in 2014, exactly a decade later?

I dont care about what Slash and Duff did outside GNR. Im a GNR fan, not a fan of those two. Oh, but I can perfectly remember what they did to GNR in those years.

If you remember what Slash and Duff did, you'll remember they were essential to the albums they play. Chinese Dem is a great album, but it was not correctly credited just for the delay to be released, it ended up being a joke for a great majority of people.
All the stories about Chinese Democracy are due exclusively to the delay being to releasead . Today Axl is not pressured to release a new album because he has become a well-to-do musician. It will be easier for him to record a new album with ACDC than with GNR, which is his own band
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6524 on: June 01, 2017, 02:08:51 PM »

I know it hurts to Axl's hardcore fans like you, I'm not a newbie, but this tour is a massive success because Slash and Duff are there. If it was Axl and Bumble, Ashba... it wouldn't have been. That's a fact. I saw Axl in 2006 and it was great. But this is another level of expectation. You can see on people's faces, comments... The dozens of thousands that are going to these shows go to see the band they felt in love

At my show last summer, well over half my section had not paid attention for Guns N' Roses in 20 years.

It astounds me that people can look at the NITL tour and still argue, with a straight face, Axl was on the right track for most of this century. 

Talk about your "alternative facts".

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6525 on: June 01, 2017, 02:13:15 PM »

To most of the planet, it was not. 

"Oh yeah, love Guns N' Roses.  'Welcome To The Jungle'...'November Rain'...'Madagascar'...."

That is not a thing.  That is not a thing that is heard outside diehard internet fan communities.  Let's be real.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6526 on: June 01, 2017, 02:32:31 PM »

What if, a record label is holding Guns hostage and refuses to release their material against the bands whishes? And the band moved on and released it by themselves anyway? Would a label dare to sue them etc? With the landscape of the musical industry  today, with Guns being one of the most powerful Draws on tour, selling millions of tickets. Why would a record label dare to mess with them over releasing or not releasing a record? Guns can do pretty much what they want?

I don't think that's likely what is happening right now.  In the past, I suspect (pretty strongly) there were some issues with Axl and the label.  I think those were put to bed BEFORE the reunion happened. And I think the label would likely do just about anything in their power to release material with this incarnation performing it. Because, while it wouldn't make GnR much money, it would likely make a shit ton (comparably) of money for the label.

That being said....if we're going to play what if....if GnR were in the situation above, they would be the stupidest (and poorest, evenentually) people on earth if they "released" material on their own, thumbing their nose at their existing label contract.  They WOULD be sued. They WOULD lose. And they would be on the hook for tens of millions, if not HUNDREDS of millions, of dollars for doing so.  Not just replacing the lost revenue (every penny) they took from the label, but also punative damages and other costs, penalties, and fees for violating their contract.

The label doesn't make jack shit off GnR touring (unless they release a live recorded version of some sort, commercially).  They could give two shits if GnR is popular or selling tickets. They would sue. That's LITERALLY the way they do business.

So...in short: No fucking way.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #6527 on: June 01, 2017, 02:38:02 PM »

I do not believe the band is hostage to Geffen. It's nothing about the contract, there were legal disputes with the release of Greatest Hits, businessmen and bla bla bla, but that does not mean that they can not release anything, it's clear that the various modifications of the band's formation have gotten in some way, but the Fact is that Axl really does not seem to be interested in releasing anything, even the 3 albums recorded that Sebastian Bach said in 2006. We are already in 2017 and we have no news.

1) I don't think GnR's relationship with the label currently has any effect on their ability, willingness, or obligation to release material. The label is probably salivating at the thought of this incarnation putting their names on an album!

2) I would not say that the band isn't "hostage' to the label, though. They are. As much as every artist signed to a recording contract, in this system, is.  It's just....them being hostage isn't actually the consideration, here.  IF they want to release new music WHEN it makes sense to do so...that's the way the system works right now.  Everyone involved knows that...so it's not like GnR are holding back a bunch of material BECAUSE of their relationship with the label...and it's not like the label is refusing to release a bunch of material that Slash and Duff are playing on.

At this point, the decision to release, or not release, material is entirely up to the band. On that part, we agree...and I think that's the larger point in all this.  I don't think that's ALWAYS been the case in the past, but it pretty much sure as shit is now.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 03:12:09 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #6528 on: June 01, 2017, 02:43:39 PM »

I think...Axl has a bunch of material recorded, some of which he likes, and every once in a great while he makes vague comments to whoever is lucky enough get the soundbite about possibly sprucing up and putting out said material.  I do not think he cares enough to do that. Not by a longshot.  I also do not think he will write and record "new" music with Slash and Duff.  I think that however long they manage to keep this tour afloat is all we're going to get from Guns N' Roses in the foreseeable future.  For some, that will be gravy.  For others who like to see GNR move things forward, not so much.

See, if he's banking on the previously recorded material being released as is (and I don't think it is, to be honest), THEN I think the label would step in and say "Nope, not interested".

Look..a label contract is for a limited amount of material.  When Axl was saying "Hey, not in this lifetime", I think they were all well and good taking what they could get from Axl and the band he assembled and trying to make the most money off of that they could.

Now? No way.  He's touring with a band that would make a shit ton more, exponentially (IMHO), than the previous incarnations could have.  They want THESE GUYS on the next album, because they recognize it's the incarnation that is potentially going to make them the most amount of money. And they're in a position, now, to sort of force the hand and make demands IF anyone wants to release material under the GnR name.

I think this reunion has set the course for any new material released. At least for the immediate future.  It might be "older", in terms of when it was written..but it will (at least MOSTLY) have Slash and Duff on it.  Or it's not going to be approved by the label for release.

Maybe that means, as you suppose, no new material released. Maybe it means something else. What I'm pretty sure it DOESN'T mean is that we ever see the recordings, as they existed prior to the reunion, in that form. At least not unless/until they all pass away and the vaults are opened and mined.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 02:46:20 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #6529 on: June 01, 2017, 02:53:40 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if Axl simply disenchanted with labels/the music industry as a whole, and simply doesn't trust them in regard to supporting new music.  The fact that they get "rights" to whatever the next Guns release may be likely doesn't sit well with him at all, and ain't getting us an album any sooner.  We've heard time and time again from both the man himself and others what a decade-long nightmare it was dealing with the label leading up to a release that saw them pretty much completely bail on him once the the Best Buy check was cashed. 

I think that WAS the case, for awhile.

I think post-live DVD/Blu Ray release...things changed.  I think both parties came together and fixed that relationship and Axl et all is pretty much fine with the label at this point.

I just don't think he's in any kind of rush to have history repeat itself, and can't be bothered to see the forest for the trees now that Slash is back, and a release would likely be supported this time out. Again, he just can't be bothered with it. End of story.

I'll say it again: There's just no reason, right now, from a band/business point of view, to release anything.  Doing so needs to support touring, to be profitable for the band.  And, while I think Axl (and Slash, and Duff) and the label are fine, I don't think Axl's feeling so incredibly charitable as to release an album just to bolster the labels bottom line in 2017.

We'll see in 2018 and down the line, when it might actually put more butts in seats for live shows. I have no strong indication either way, but I'm not about to sit here and give the band a hard time, RIGHT NOW, for doing something that is actively against their best interests.

Together again,
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6530 on: June 01, 2017, 03:15:02 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if Axl simply disenchanted with labels/the music industry as a whole, and simply doesn't trust them in regard to supporting new music.  The fact that they get "rights" to whatever the next Guns release may be likely doesn't sit well with him at all, and ain't getting us an album any sooner.  We've heard time and time again from both the man himself and others what a decade-long nightmare it was dealing with the label leading up to a release that saw them pretty much completely bail on him once the the Best Buy check was cashed. 

I think that WAS the case, for awhile.

I think post-live DVD/Blu Ray release...things changed.  I think both parties came together and fixed that relationship and Axl et all is pretty much fine with the label at this point.

I just don't think he's in any kind of rush to have history repeat itself, and can't be bothered to see the forest for the trees now that Slash is back, and a release would likely be supported this time out. Again, he just can't be bothered with it. End of story.

I'll say it again: There's just no reason, right now, from a band/business point of view, to release anything.  Doing so needs to support touring, to be profitable for the band.  And, while I think Axl (and Slash, and Duff) and the label are fine, I don't think Axl's feeling so incredibly charitable as to release an album just to bolster the labels bottom line in 2017.

We'll see in 2018 and down the line, when it might actually put more butts in seats for live shows. I have no strong indication either way, but I'm not about to sit here and give the band a hard time, RIGHT NOW, for doing something that is actively against their best interests.

Let's roll with your logic, much of which I agree with by the way.  Admittedly, a Guns N' Roses reunion tour was never going to be small, and does deserve a solid two years of touring the world and every stateside city possible to give it it's fair shake.

But here's the thing  (and I'm not trying to be overly simplistic in my response) I really do think once this tour wraps, Slash returning to SMKC will basically mean the death knell for GNR plans through probably 2020, album or otherwise, other than maybe one-off special live appearances here and there.  You have to consider that he has to finish writing, recording, post-production and THEN there's the inevitable year long tour to follow to promote the fucker once it's released.  That's a solid two years of Slash's time right there.  I don't think he'd do all that if he felt a GNR album and subsequent tour were around the corner.  I don't think he'd pass up the money involved, not to mention having his name all over another GNR release. Too much for him to pass up because he's chomping at the bit to hit the road with Myles.

So, again, I think whatever happens next hinges upon Slash's involvement or lack therof. 

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #6531 on: June 01, 2017, 03:21:01 PM »

Let's roll with your logic, much of which I agree with by the way.  Admittedly, a Guns N' Roses reunion tour was never going to be small, and does deserve a solid two years of touring the world and every stateside city possible to give it it's fair shake.

But here's the thing  (and I'm not trying to be overly simplistic in my response) I really do think once this tour wraps, Slash returning to SMKC will basically mean the death knell for GNR plans through probably 2020, album or otherwise, other than maybe one-off special live appearances here and there.  You have to consider that he has to finish writing, recording, post-production and THEN there's the inevitable year long tour to follow to promote the fucker once it's released.  That's a solid two years of Slash's time right there.  I don't think he'd do all that if he felt a GNR album and subsequent tour were around the corner.  I don't think he'd pass up the money involved, not to mention having his name all over another GNR release. Too much for him to pass up because he's chomping at the bit to hit the road with Myles.

So, again, I think whatever happens next hinges upon Slash's involvement or lack therof. 

Yeah, but given what I've seen reported and said by other members of the Conspirators (including MK, himself), I'm not convinced they're planning anything coming up. Not definitively. I think SMKC has become a "someday, we've talked about doing something, down the road, again, together".  And while I think they talk in generalities about certain things, I think (and they've done it once, already) that can gets kicked down the road for anything GnR (or Alter Bridge) decides to do.

So, if Slash DOES actually hit the studio with SMKC in late 2017 or early 2018 (which....he was supposed to do late last year, and then this earlier this year...and then this summer, and now....well you get the picture), then we'll have a better indication.  But I think little platitudes and eventualities and such from folks doesn't actually indicate it's going to happen.  It shows they're leaving the door open to work together eventually. Eventually has a way of moving further and further off. Wink But talk is cheap, especially if the possibility of huge tours, albums, and, yes, paydays continue to accompany all things GnR.

In short: Lets put a pin in that as an indication of something til it happens.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 03:25:36 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6532 on: June 01, 2017, 03:26:30 PM »

Yeah, but given what I've seen reported and said by other members of the Conspirators (including MK, himself), I'm not convinced they're planning anything coming up. Not definitively. I think SMKC has become a "someday, we've talked about doing something, down the road, again, together".  And while I think they talk in generalities about certain things, I think (and they've done it once, already) that can gets kicked down the road for anything GnR decides to do.

So, if Slash DOES actually hit the studio with SMKC in late 2017 or early 2018 (which....he was supposed to do late last year, and then this earlier this year...and then this summer, and now....well you get the picture), then we'll have a better indication.  But I think little platitudes and eventualities and such from folks doesn't actually indicate it's going to happen.  It shows they're leaving the door open to work together eventually. Eventually has a way of moving further and further off. Wink But talk is cheap, especially if the possibility of huge tours, albums, and, yes, paydays continue to accompany all things GnR.

In short: Lets put a pin in that til as an indication of something til it happens.

Agreed, and even though it's been a year and a half now, we have to remind ourselves that there was a time when what we are seeing now seemed utterly unrealistic/impossible/etc.  But then it happened. So who knows?  I just know that the above point about Slash returning to SMKC was to show that when and if that happens there will be little to no question that it might be time for us to pack it up and go home in regard to our hopes for another GNR release.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #6533 on: June 01, 2017, 03:32:05 PM »

Agreed, and even though it's been a year and a half now, we have to remind ourselves that there was a time when what we are seeing now seemed utterly unrealistic/impossible/etc.  But then it happened. So who knows?  I just know that the above point about Slash returning to SMKC was to show that when and if that happens there will be little to no question that it might be time for us to pack it up and go home in regard to our hopes for another GNR release.

I think it definitely pushes hope to the back burner, at best. 

Now, it's possible Axl goes and does an AC/DC album, and Slash goes and does a SMKC album, and they come back, tour again, and do something then.

BUT, I think that's hard to envision, given schedules and such.  It would mean...what...2020, at least?

Having said that, Myles has basically said GnR is doing so well that any future collaboration has to find a window between GnR and Alter Bridge, and the way he's said it (especially on Trunk last month), I don't think he's actually thinking that "soon" is the word.

We'll see... Smiley

And I agree with all the rest: 18 months ago, nobody saw this reunion coming. And then.....

Together again,
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6534 on: June 01, 2017, 05:25:56 PM »

Im not saying its the Case, but if the Label was to get everything $$$ from a future album release, maybe Axl shouldn't mind about that. Maybe he should only mind about sharing with the fans and having fun with them singing those new songs on stage.

Im just saying, he's already rich. Let the label keep the money, at least he and us will be happy !  Smiley

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #6535 on: June 01, 2017, 08:51:47 PM »

Stevanf
Are you high man?
sold out stadiums all over the planet without Slash and Duff?
How many millions of copies did CD sold being released under GUNS N' ROSES name? How many did the last Metallica album? How many did Contraband?
I see you're a hardcore Axl's fanatic and you got offended by my point of view. I love the man too. One of my favorites singers and frontmen ever. But to me he mostly wasted his talent and time tryin' to capture the greatness he got with GUNS back in the day. Duff, Slash, Izzy, Matt. They all kept their careers growin' and doin' rock and fuckin roll music.

Axl can get the legal conditions to carry the name, but I'm pretty convinced that the millions and millions of people that are blessed to see GUNS onstage again after so many years of disbandin' are grateful to see Axl and Slash together again with the addition of Duff, another key element. It's like what I mentioned before. Rolling Stones is not only Jagger. ACDC is not only Angus. Aerosmith is not only Steven Tyler. And, as much as it hurts you, Guns is not only Axl

I don't wanna disrespect Axl or the players he hired through the years. There were some great ones in his band. I Really like Fink, Fortus and Buckethead. Stinson has my respect... but in my opinion it would has been smarter and better recieved if he would have been under his own project/band

CD is a good album, but not the kind of rock and fuckin' roll guitar driven sound that made GUNS succeed

I really think Axl is not gonna let this train to leave. Neither Slash or Duff. This lineup is goin' to record an amazin' new album and blow millions of minds again as they did together in the past

« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 08:55:10 PM by DAVE ROCK » Logged

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #6536 on: June 02, 2017, 03:52:09 AM »

I'm actually kind of worried Axl might have writer's block. Think about it, 90% of ChiDem was written prior to 2002, including most of the unreleased stuff AFAIK.

Appetite for Democracy hit #1 on the Billboard Music DVD chart and Slash's Live at the Roxy hit #1 on the Billboard Music Video chart (not sure the difference). So they were both pretty successful without each other, although to be fair, Axl had the GNR name.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #6537 on: June 02, 2017, 11:52:11 AM »

Guns N? Roses? ?Greatest Hits? Spends 400th Week on Billboard Album Chart

http://loudwire.com/guns-n-roses-greatest-hits-400th-week-billboard-album-chart/
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6538 on: June 02, 2017, 02:43:02 PM »

I'm actually kind of worried Axl might have writer's block. Think about it, 90% of ChiDem was written prior to 2002, including most of the unreleased stuff AFAIK.

He might well be.  That's not a bad point.

Different genre, obviously, but Eminem went through that for a couple of years.  He was very honest about it.  Said he just couldn't come up with anything for awhile there.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6539 on: June 02, 2017, 03:15:51 PM »

Yeah, that's certainly not a point to be overlooked.  Whatever the second half of Chinese is, it consists of tracks that were written and largely recorded 1999-2002 when f*cking Buckethead was still in the band.  I was in high school then...I'm turning 32 this year.

Yeah, I'm sure the next album is riiiiight around the corner.  hihi
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: