Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:04:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash's Next Album To Feature Myles Kennedy Handling All Vocals; May 22nd
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash's Next Album To Feature Myles Kennedy Handling All Vocals; May 22nd  (Read 95090 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #160 on: February 24, 2012, 10:18:35 PM »

The quality of the clip they posted is poor. Not as clear as it should be... Still sounds good.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #161 on: February 24, 2012, 11:40:18 PM »

Faldor, let me tell u why:

1.Song is catchy i can already tell it will be a kick ass rocking song.

2. This will be released on heels of Rock N Roll HOF.. Slash is gonna be red hot.. He is a genius with the timing of this release.

I can tell in 20 secs that the guitar riff is gonna be bad ass... What he is playing over top the verse is vintage Slash... sounds like a mix of Ghost and Slither.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #162 on: February 25, 2012, 03:29:16 AM »

2. This will be released on heels of Rock N Roll HOF.. Slash is gonna be red hot.. He is a genius with the timing of this release.

I can tell in 20 secs that the guitar riff is gonna be bad ass... What he is playing over top the verse is vintage Slash... sounds like a mix of Ghost and Slither.

3) don't forget that myles is a very underated guitar player! he can play like anything! allthough Mark Tremonti is just outstanding! Myles can pull of some nice sweet riffs two and I hope we hear some of it on the new record with Slash.

Would love to hear their struggle together on the axes!   maybe a new Izzy/Slash Vibe.

m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #163 on: February 25, 2012, 08:16:34 AM »

hmm 30 sec clip, i don't think its very good. sounds like cheesy 80s stuff which, don't get me wrong, I like, but in 2012 is cheesy and probably a bit too oldschool for mainstream audience. although it might still do good due to RRHOF

but its just a bit. meh  Undecided. we'll see
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #164 on: February 25, 2012, 11:29:12 AM »

Well, I seem to remember countless people telling me "Beautiful Dangerous" would be a hit after hearing the ENTIRE song.  I didn't see it that way, and it didn't happen.  So I'll wait to hear more.  You COULD be right, but I honestly can't make a firm judgement right now.  I don't think anyone can.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #165 on: February 25, 2012, 01:34:28 PM »

The song might get a decent radio push because of the combination of Slash/Myles. AB actually had some good success on the rock charts with Isolation which was #1 on the mainstream rock chart for 7 weeks last year. 

On the other hand without a traditional label behind him since he is his own label, Slash might continue to find radio play a little harder to come by than artists getting the traditional label push.

It's kind of a crapshoot, you just don't know.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #166 on: February 27, 2012, 01:02:34 AM »

Slash & Perla Fans‏@SlashnPerlaFansReply
Retweet

Favorite
? Open

RT @TripleMBrisbane LISTEN: Slash "You're A Lie" From His Second Solo Studio Album, Apocalyptic Love http://bit.ly/A8yGCE

On YouTube for those who can't listen at the link:

SLASH - Apocalyptic Love - You're a Lie [HQ/HD]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Heh5qKSQocM

You're A Lie (Full Song) - Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators (Apocalyptic Love)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H_jgrrd0rc

« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:17:33 AM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #167 on: February 27, 2012, 01:04:10 AM »

Yeah, this will be a top single on Mainstream Rock for sure.

A little info.

"Apocalyptic Love" will follow his 2010 debut album, "Slash", and his November 2011 first-ever live solo album, the two-CD/DVD set "Made In Stoke 24/7/11". Notably, the "Slash" album debuted on The Billboard 200 chart at #3 (#1 on the Rock chart, #1 on the Independent chart, and #1 on the Hard Music chart). Digitally, the album also became the #1 overall digital album and hit #1 on iTunes in 13 countries. Internationally, the disc achieved Top 5 chart positions in over a dozen major territories, hitting #1 in both Japan and New Zealand.

Blabbermouth.net

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #168 on: February 27, 2012, 09:24:21 AM »

Slash joined us for our first ever show and gave us a World Premiere of his latest singe "You're A Lie" from his second solo studio album.

Guest Diary 2012

http://www.triplem.com.au/brisbane/shows/merrick-and-the-highway-patrol/photos/guest-diary-2012

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #169 on: February 27, 2012, 11:58:45 AM »

SLASH: 'You're A Lie' Single Released To Radio - Feb. 27, 2012

Slash has released "You're A Lie" to radio today worldwide. The hard-charging song, which is available for streaming in its entirety at Loudwire.com, marks the first single off the iconic, Grammy-winning rock guitarist and songwriter's forthcoming second studio album "Apocalyptic Love".

"'You're A Lie' is the second song I brought to the band in 2011 during the last tour,? explains Slash. ?We worked on it at soundcheck somewhere, I can't remember where. It's gone through some minor changes along the way, mainly the chorus. But for the most part, it's remained true to its original arrangement. I can't wait to play this live."

Full song streaming here: http://loudwire.com/slash-youre-a-lie-song-review/

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=170321

« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 12:11:47 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #170 on: February 27, 2012, 02:43:19 PM »

solid track.  I liked it after I got to hear the whole song.  I wasn't blown away by it, but it was pretty good.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #171 on: February 27, 2012, 04:26:17 PM »

Not a fan of the new song.
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #172 on: February 27, 2012, 04:41:15 PM »

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/slash-youre-a-lie-song-review/
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #173 on: February 27, 2012, 06:11:41 PM »

VIDEO: Slash Joins Merrick And The Highway Patrol For World Premiere Of New Single, You're A Lie

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/merrick-watts-highway-patrol/blog/video-slash-joins-merrick-and-the-highway-patrol-for-world-premiere-of-new-single-youre-a-lie/20120227-fpiv.html

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #174 on: February 27, 2012, 06:49:15 PM »

Intro riff is decent.. nothing to write home about.. but that killer Ghost type riff he plays right before chorus kicks ass...

I like the lyrics,melodies and feel of the song.. put on some headphones and crank it.. i was singing a long second time through

Def sounds made for radio and i expect it to do pretty well on the charts.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #175 on: February 28, 2012, 01:21:04 AM »

SLASH Interviewed On Australia's TRIPLE M Radio Station (Video) - Feb. 27, 2012

Legendary guitarist Slash was interviewed earler this week on Australia's long-running rock station Triple M. You can now watch the three-minute chat below.

Slash has released "You're A Lie" to radio today worldwide. The hard-charging song, which is available for streaming in its entirety at Loudwire.com, marks the first single off the iconic, Grammy-winning rock guitarist and songwriter's forthcoming second studio album "Apocalyptic Love".

"'You're A Lie' is the second song I brought to the band in 2011 during the last tour,? explains Slash. "We worked on it at soundcheck somewhere, I can't remember where. It's gone through some minor changes along the way, mainly the chorus. But for the most part, it's remained true to its original arrangement. I can't wait to play this live."

"Apocalyptic Love" will be released on May 22 via the guitarist's own label Dik Hayd International distributed through EMI. The CD will follow his 2010 debut album, "Slash", and his November 2011 first-ever live solo album, the two-CD/DVD set "Made In Stoke 24/7/11". Notably, the "Slash" album debuted on The Billboard 200 chart at #3 (#1 on the Rock chart, #1 on the Independent chart, and #1 on the Hard Music chart). Digitally, the album also became the #1 overall digital album and hit #1 on iTunes in 13 countries. Internationally, the disc achieved Top 5 chart positions in over a dozen major territories, hitting #1 in both Japan and New Zealand.

In the U.K., the album will be released on May 21 in exclusive Classic Rock Fan Pack form ? providing a unique collectable package containing the studio album with bonus tracks alongside a specially created magazine with unseen behind-the-scenes content put together by Classic Rock. The Fan Pack format will also come with free gifts, including a pin badge and artwork poster and will be available to buy via more than 2000 retail outlets on newsstands nationally as well as the traditional high street and online music retailers. Roadrunner Records will simultaneously release the record digitally. The standard physical release of the Slash album will follow through Roadrunner Records on June 18.

For the new album, Slash ? along with and his bandmates Myles Kennedy (vocals), Brent Fitz (drums) and Todd Kerns (bass) ? teamed with producer Eric Valentine, who also produced the "Slash" disc. All the songs were written together by Slash and Kennedy, and cameras have been rolling throughout the entire making of the album.

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=170361

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #176 on: February 28, 2012, 02:41:40 PM »

Guitarist Slash says his new album Apocalyptic Love is so rock rock-friendly radio stations will not play it

February 28, 2012

BRACE yourself for the bad news. Slash, one of the world's greatest living guitarists, has made a new record so rock that rock stations probably won't play it.

As fans and industry insiders were given a world exclusive preview of his Apocalyptic Love album at Triple M headquarters this week, there were suggestions the Australian guitar-friendly station won't be adding its songs to their playlist.

"Here in Australia it seems to have been welcomed but in the States there are two speeds - what used to be alternative rock, which is now mainstream rock, and classic rock. There's no in-between," Slash said.

Hard rock fans turned out last weekend for the Soundwave Festival at the Sydney Showgrounds where Slash played with Alter Bridge.

Seeing more than 50,000 black T-shirted and tattooed fans confirmed Slash's faith even as the music industry seems increasingly disinterested in signing new rock acts.

"The more alienated rock becomes, the more I feel I really have to hold the flag," he said.

"I know there's going to be a creative revolution where playing stuff from the heart is going to end up being more important than the cookie cutter commercial stuff.

"This is the time to really stick to your guns."

Video interview: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/guitarist-slash-says-his-new-album-apocalyptic-love-is-so-rock-rock-friendly-radio-stations-will-not-play-it/story-e6frewz0-1226284450017

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #177 on: February 28, 2012, 06:32:29 PM »

Then why does Slash's new song sound cookie cutter...?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #178 on: February 29, 2012, 01:01:49 PM »

Slash in the Studio // Episode Five

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtU465GnlVA

sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #179 on: February 29, 2012, 05:44:04 PM »

Slash Army‏@SlashArmyReply
Retweet

Favorite
? Open

You're a lie #1 most added song at rock radio http://slashonline.com/2012/02/29/youre-a-lie-1-most-added-song-at-rock-radio/
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: