Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 02:14:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD to be released NOV (From Sp1at)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD to be released NOV (From Sp1at)  (Read 36462 times)
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2006, 12:55:59 AM »

Seriously man, fuck off. Take your 2003 arguments to the dead horse section so we can talk about news here.

hihi   You guys get so personal when I state a fact.  Makes me think I may be on to something with the points I am bringing up.  That's what I get for speaking the truth.

rofl

Your arguements here are totally moot. This is a thread about Sp1at posting a release date. Instead of discussing that release date in regards to Sp1at's credibility or other things pertaining to Sp1at, you attack them on your own prejudices about the band.

This thread isnt a vehicle for you to rant and attack others based on your opinion (and only that) of whether the band will release CD this year or not. There are plenty of other threads for that, which you seem to love.

Good thinking, Batman.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 01:03:38 AM by Tomorrows » Logged
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2006, 12:57:04 AM »

Axl toured in 2002.  Didn't change anything.  The last time he tried to tour America, he cancelled on some very unhappy fans in Philly.  Around and around we go...

Just because he said we'll "hear music this year" and "fall to late fall" doesn't mean anything.   Read the article I linked above.  Axl will find something else to tinker with, especially after being on the road with the band for a few months.  One thing was obvious from that article and that is Axl thinks its 'his way or the highway'.  Most musicians will tell you that type of mentality is never going to be received well by the other members.  Axl has single-handedly wrecked the old lineup, wasted millions of dollars of recording time, and cancelled any good-will he had from American fans with his antics in 2002.

Your entire second paragraph is dead horse. You can look up the realist point of view there.

AS for your first point, he has given us a time frame. This is not something that we have been given before. If you choose not to believe him then that is your right, but it is not a certainty or a fact or any other indisputable issue.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2006, 01:02:34 AM »

I used to like seeing articles about CD release announcement soon, but now they all have been proved to be bullshit.  I think sp1at is bullshit.  When Axl says a date then that most likely will be the date.  He said fall, late fall.  Richard hinted at the same time frame.  So thats the most accurate info we can go on

LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2006, 01:09:17 AM »

The fact that the album won't come out this year does relate to this thread.  The history lesson was part of my supporting arguments.  You're basically telling me if I don't speculate on the release date (within the year of 2006), I belong in Dead Horse.  That's gotta be the stupidest fucking thing I've read this week.

hihi
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2006, 01:09:43 AM »

Seriously man, fuck off. Take your 2003 arguments to the dead horse section so we can talk about news here.

hihi? ?You guys get so personal when I state a fact.? Makes me think I may be on to something with the points I am bringing up.? That's what I get for speaking the truth.

rofl

Your arguements here are totally moot. This is a thread about Sp1at posting a release date. Instead of discussing that release date in regards to Sp1at's credibility or other things pertaining to Sp1at, you attack them on your own prejudices about the band.

This thread isnt a vehicle for you to rant and attack others based on your opinion (and only that) of whether the band will release CD this year or not. There are plenty of other threads for that, which you seem to love.

Good thinking, Batman.? Roll Eyes

I did not see a release date given by splat. where is it? Giving a release date is this.
CD will be released on the 3rd tue in sept 2006.
That is a release date, splat gave no such thing

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2006, 01:18:06 AM »

hihi   You guys get so personal when I state a fact.  Makes me think I may be on to something with the points I am bringing up.  That's what I get for speaking the truth.

rofl

I did not see a release date given by splat. where is it? Giving a release date is this.

Maybe HE is Batman.   hihi
estranged.1098
« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2006, 01:18:49 AM »

rofl

Splat didn't give a release date and they didn't post what people are discussing on this thread. They didn't post it as news, they didn't post it on their forum, and yet people are bashing them for posting it. What's next, complain about what goes inside their heads?

It's almost as if we must have a splat bashing thread periodically.

[off-topic]And about the DeadHorsePOV, I'd like to ask the moderators how many negative karma points it takes to get you banned. Thanks [/off-topic]
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2006, 01:23:08 AM »

[off-topic]And about the DeadHorsePOV, I'd like to ask the moderators how many negative karma points it takes to get you banned. Thanks [/off-topic]

hihi  hihi  hihi
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2006, 01:23:43 AM »

The fact that the album won't come out this year does relate to this thread.  The history lesson was part of my supporting arguments.  You're basically telling me if I don't speculate on the release date (within the year of 2006), I belong in Dead Horse.  That's gotta be the stupidest fucking thing I've read this week.

hihi

I think we all understand your opinion. A NYT article with a number of problems with its sources isn't strong enough to convince me. I suggest you allow others to discuss what they think. You are becoming a broken record of negativity around here.

btw, i'm still waiting for that list of bootlegs from the 2006 tour that you have heard...

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2006, 01:35:41 AM »

I think we all understand your opinion. A NYT article with a number of problems with its sources isn't strong enough to convince me.

OK... perhaps YOU can tell us what "really" happened between 1995 and 2005?  This should be good...   hihi
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2006, 01:37:39 AM »

Yeah, but the article title is incorrect, it's definitely made, he has 32 completed tracks and will finalize the tracklisting when he comes back. Several sources have said a "fall" release is on for sure. Some of us have heard it straight from the band or the band's record company's mouth. No stopping Axl this time, train is rolling along at full steam ahead.
i maybe would feel as confident about it as you are if a official press release was released about this with cd release date/the first single on Monday.

They have no reason for a press release at this time. I am sure once the U.S tour is finalized and the tracklisting has been seleleted for the album that we'll get an update. Late August/Early September makes the most sense.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2006, 02:03:03 AM »

I think we all understand your opinion. A NYT article with a number of problems with its sources isn't strong enough to convince me.

OK... perhaps YOU can tell us what "really" happened between 1995 and 2005?  This should be good...   hihi

I am not at all insinuating that I know. However, if you were here when the NYT piece dropped, it was pointed out that the reporter only spoke to sources who had worked on CD very early in the process. Merck invited the reporter to talk but he never bothered to call back. Those involved in later stages of CD were never interviewed, nor would they speak. As a result, I too have issues with the sources used in the piece.

LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2006, 02:21:19 AM »

I am not at all insinuating that I know. However, if you were here when the NYT piece dropped, it was pointed out that the reporter only spoke to sources who had worked on CD very early in the process. Merck invited the reporter to talk but he never bothered to call back. Those involved in later stages of CD were never interviewed, nor would they speak. As a result, I too have issues with the sources used in the piece.

What other explanation is there?  Axl sat on his ass for 12 years?  The NYT article really doesn't bash Axl personally.  It could have been written with a lot more malice.  Besides, there are keys truths in that article which are undeniable.  Geffen/Interscope shelled out millions to get the album done and Axl squandered it.  Interscope finally cut the cord on Axl after years of frustration.  Axl is still re-mixing and re-doing songs he's been working on for 12 years.  There's really nothing contradictorary in the article. 

All this leads me to believe we are no closer now than we were in 2002.  Axl toured in '02 and the tour eventually flopped.  Axl lost his lead guitarist AGAIN.  He couldn't pay Bucket enough to stay in the band.  If all these band members are bailing out on Axl, shouldn't that tell you there's a problem?  Also, why would you take Axl at his word about a 2006 release, when the tracks have not even been selected yet?  They were asking Axl to select the tracks way back in the 90's.  Nothing has changed...
RichardNixon
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2006, 02:29:02 AM »

Remember people-

In 2002, Axl said "soon is not the word." In '06 Axl said it would come out this year for sure.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2006, 02:33:10 AM »

Remember people-

In 2002, Axl said "soon is not the word." In '06 Axl said it would come out this year for sure.
beer exactly. in AXL's own words "CD will absolutely come out in fall/late fall" or something along those lines.
RichardNixon
« Reply #95 on: July 08, 2006, 02:44:56 AM »

Unless something goes wrong, really really wrong, I really do believe that now is the time and that the album is coming out for sure.

In 1961 JFK said that we would put a man on the moon by the "end of the decade," so I don't see why we can't expect "Chinese Democracy" to come out.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2006, 02:48:08 AM »

In 1961 JFK said that we would put a man on the moon by the "end of the decade," so I don't see why we can't expect "Chinese Democracy" to come out.
rofl Now thats funny.

Alot of people think the moon landing was a hoax.....

RichardNixon
« Reply #97 on: July 08, 2006, 03:05:36 AM »

rofl Now thats funny.

Alot of people think the moon landing was a hoax.....

And some people don't believe in the theory of evolution either.
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #98 on: July 08, 2006, 04:09:03 AM »

Axl Rose and his new GNR is putting out Chinese Democracy this year.
No way would anybody in this world have the balls to strike out with their fans three times.
Axl Rose looks poised to make a strong comeback and he's already celebrating with his lady friends and bandmates because its inevitable.

MNW

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #99 on: July 08, 2006, 04:51:28 AM »

I will believe it comes out of Axls mouth or we have a offical press release. Until then go on and live your life and maybe just maybe one day Chinese Democracy will come out.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: