Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 06:18:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD to be released NOV (From Sp1at)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD to be released NOV (From Sp1at)  (Read 36469 times)
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #100 on: July 08, 2006, 05:07:53 AM »

The number of things that are different this year compared to previous years regarding GNR activities are too many to list.

To suggest nothing is different, and it seems as unlikely to get an album this year as any previous year is a very thin argument.

Unless you are very naive about journalism, you'll realise the NYT article is irrelevant to this discussion.

@#$%Funker
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2006, 05:24:13 AM »

Nothing is official until it comes from Sanctuary. When things go well for Axl he believes he can do anything............ when they go bad shit hits the fan and things constantly change!

Jonx
rubinone
Opening Act

Urban Jungle

« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2006, 07:55:08 AM »

It's acutally quite funny, I'll never get tired of reading about all the dicussions around CD.

If there's something that I've it's not to take too seriously about anything and to stay positive. Been negative is just a waste of energy.

I've seen two shows so far this year. One in Warsaw, Poland and the other one in Roskilde, Denmark and they were both mindblowing experiences!! I waited 18 years too see GNR and it was definitely worth it. I had a ticket to a GNR show for the first time 1988 when they were about to support M?tley Crue but they cancelled because of Nikki Sixx overdose. After that I've had tickets to a GNR show 2 times and they cancelled both times (2001, 2002).

Now I've seen them twice in 2 weeks and I continue to wait for CD, and If I've waited as long as I have done, I simply coninue to wait.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2006, 08:18:07 AM »

Axl toured in 2002.? Didn't change anything.? The last time he tried to tour America, he cancelled on some very unhappy fans in Philly.? Around and around we go...

Just because he said we'll "hear music this year" and "fall to late fall" doesn't mean anything.? ?Read the article I linked above.? Axl will find something else to tinker with, especially after being on the road with the band for a few months.? One thing was obvious from that article and that is Axl thinks its 'his way or the highway'.? Most musicians will tell you that type of mentality is never going to be received well by the other members.? Axl has single-handedly wrecked the old lineup, wasted millions of dollars of recording time, and cancelled any good-will he had from American fans with his antics in 2002.

Your entire second paragraph is dead horse. You can look up the realist point of view there.

AS for your first point, he has given us a time frame. This is not something that we have been given before. If you choose not to believe him then that is your right, but it is not a certainty or a fact or any other indisputable issue.

You're a regular here so please take the time to memorize this:

DJ: When is it gonna be the new album? Is it possible that we're gonna have a new record from Guns N' Roses?

Axl: Yes, I've heard. Um, hopefully we will put out a new single umm sometime this spring and then the record gonna be done in June or shortly thereafter.

Axl interview Radio Rock And Pop Chile
Radio Rock And Pop Chile, January 2001

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=39

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2006, 08:33:08 AM »

The number of things that are different this year compared to previous years regarding GNR activities are too many to list.

To suggest nothing is different, and it seems as unlikely to get an album this year as any previous year is a very thin argument.

Unless you are very naive about journalism, you'll realise the NYT article is irrelevant to this discussion.

@#$%Funker
Awesome post. And you're 100% right about the NYT article. People are using this piece of shit like it would proove something. Bullshit, this article claims so many urban legends towards the CD that makes it even less credible. Also, NYT is not trustable at all, I can say that for sure.

Axl: Yes, I've heard. Um, hopefully we will put out a new single umm sometime this spring and then the record gonna be done in June or shortly thereafter.
Hopefully. Something went wrong, so what? This time, he said def this year.

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2006, 08:40:40 AM »

@#$%Funker
Awesome post. And you're 100% right about the NYT article. People are using this piece of shit like it would proove something. Bullshit, this article claims so many urban legends towards the CD that makes it even less credible. Also, NYT is not trustable at all, I can say that for sure.

Hopefully. Something went wrong, so what? This time, he said def this year.

I hope it'll come out this year but you should understand that when you're talking about the future you could always insert the word 'hopefully' - and just because Axl inserted this it doesn't mean that anything could explain that 5 (five) years later we still haven't heard the album. BTW I think that Axl's  'hopefully' referred to the first single's release not the album's.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
madagas
« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2006, 08:45:15 AM »

Voodoo, come on man.....Axl isn't any more credible than the other band members...maybe even less credible. He changes his mind all the time. He said the album would definitely come out in 2003 on a Detroit radio interview in late 2002. I'm not bashing Axl. Just stating facts. The guy is very unpredictable. Tracklist was done in 2002-remember that? Time to wrap up the baby then a month later soon wasn't the word. Axl's words are meaningless. Embarrassed
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2006, 08:52:27 AM »

cool!!!hope nothing stops axl this time and everything goes ahead!!!

seems logical

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #108 on: July 08, 2006, 08:54:00 AM »

Voodoo, come on man.....Axl isn't any more credible than the other band members...maybe even less credible. He changes his mind all the time. He said the album would definitely come out in 2003 on a Detroit radio interview in late 2002. I'm not bashing Axl. Just stating facts. The guy is very unpredictable. Tracklist was done in 2002-remember that? Time to wrap up the baby then a month later soon wasn't the word. Axl's words are meaningless. Embarrassed
Here's the quote you're referring to:

"There are a lot of new songs that were just done in the last year that we feel that ?Okay, well that bumps a lot of stuff of the previous list,? but it?s time to stop that now and wrap up the baby.  It feels right, the timing, and a lot of things.  We?ve sorted it down to what songs are on the record.  What the sequence of the songs is.  The album cover art is ready.? ? Axl Rose (August, 2002)

Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: July 08, 2006, 09:01:01 AM »

And 4 years later.....  rofl

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2006, 09:03:55 AM »

Axl toured in 2002.  Didn't change anything.  The last time he tried to tour America, he cancelled on some very unhappy fans in Philly.  Around and around we go...

Just because he said we'll "hear music this year" and "fall to late fall" doesn't mean anything.   Read the article I linked above.  Axl will find something else to tinker with, especially after being on the road with the band for a few months.  One thing was obvious from that article and that is Axl thinks its 'his way or the highway'.  Most musicians will tell you that type of mentality is never going to be received well by the other members.  Axl has single-handedly wrecked the old lineup, wasted millions of dollars of recording time, and cancelled any good-will he had from American fans with his antics in 2002.

Your entire second paragraph is dead horse. You can look up the realist point of view there.

AS for your first point, he has given us a time frame. This is not something that we have been given before. If you choose not to believe him then that is your right, but it is not a certainty or a fact or any other indisputable issue.

You're a regular here so please take the time to memorize this:

DJ: When is it gonna be the new album? Is it possible that we're gonna have a new record from Guns N' Roses?

Axl interview Radio Rock And Pop Chile
Radio Rock And Pop Chile, January 2001

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=39

Axl's comments after the VMAs  were clear enough. His comments during the Eddie Trunk show, even more so. I agree that the quote which you have posted seems a bit vague and uncertain, but I agree he did mention a plan.

thanks for the reference, though.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 09:08:24 AM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2006, 09:04:30 AM »

I hope it'll come out this year but you should understand that when you're talking about the future you could always insert the word 'hopefully' - and just because Axl inserted this it doesn't mean that anything could explain that 5 (five) years later we still haven't heard the album. BTW I think that Axl's  'hopefully' referred to the first single's release not the album's.
Well, I think there's a big difference there. As I understand, by that time they had an album done. We all heard demos and I think there was a lot more material. Something went wrong... But the situation now is different. Now, we have more new songs, we have a full sucessful tour and, for god's sake, a very tight band. The whole environment is better now.

Also the word "hopefully" could be about both single and album.

I know. But not only him, but the whole band were being a little too vague in 2001/2002. I remember all those things, but you remember too how things went wrong with the US tour. Also, you may remember the VMA interview, when he stated how "soon is not the word".

It's very hard for me to put some logic in such a volatile person, you know. But even the most skeptical person would see how things are happening now and how it's more likely to a release now.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #112 on: July 08, 2006, 10:55:20 AM »

I heard about this too...i guess we'll wait and see

BTW is there any source...besides bigboss Undecided

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #113 on: July 08, 2006, 11:01:24 AM »

Where did you heard about this?

madagas
« Reply #114 on: July 08, 2006, 11:02:36 AM »

Neemo, Your source is common sense ok Voodoo, things are different I know but putting blind faith in Axl's statements is risky business. Undecided
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #115 on: July 08, 2006, 11:07:59 AM »

Neemo, Your source is common sense ok Voodoo, things are different I know but putting blind faith in Axl's statements is risky business. Undecided
i agree it is a risky venture especially with all those times in the past axl said the album coming out as stated here before me  no
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: July 08, 2006, 11:37:16 AM »

If you look at the facts and look at prior Axl promises in reference to CD, you'll see the band is actually in a worse position now to release CD than they ever were before.  Hell, he just named the new lead guitarist in May!   There's nothing new about 2006.  If anything, Axl should have just worked to get the album completely done before doing any further tours.  It would have been the right thing to do.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #117 on: July 08, 2006, 11:42:14 AM »

If BH didnt quit in 04 (was it) we would have had this album by now

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #118 on: July 08, 2006, 11:56:03 AM »

If you look at the facts and look at prior Axl promises in reference to CD, you'll see the band is actually in a worse position now to release CD than they ever were before.  Hell, he just named the new lead guitarist in May!   There's nothing new about 2006.  If anything, Axl should have just worked to get the album completely done before doing any further tours.  It would have been the right thing to do.

How exactly are they in a worse position? Two bandmembers have said that Bucket's parts will remain on the album.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: July 08, 2006, 11:58:28 AM »

If BH didnt quit in 04 (was it) we would have had this album by now

So its Bucket's fault?  Read the NYT article I linked earlier.  The band should have been done with the album even before Bucket arrived!  That's right, blame Slash, Duff, Matt, and Bucket for the delay.  It would never be Axl's fault.  confused

Bucket put a lot of time and effort into Guns.  Don't blame him for Axl's incompetence. 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: