Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:25:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD to be released NOV (From Sp1at)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD to be released NOV (From Sp1at)  (Read 36462 times)
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #120 on: July 08, 2006, 12:01:19 PM »

How exactly are they in a worse position? Two bandmembers have said that Bucket's parts will remain on the album.

Financially, they are, because Axl squandered all that paid studio time before.  The equipment he rented, the technicians, much of those resources are depleted now.  In fact, I think this tour is more of a fund-raising event than anything. 
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #121 on: July 08, 2006, 12:05:36 PM »

How exactly are they in a worse position? Two bandmembers have said that Bucket's parts will remain on the album.

Financially, they are, because Axl squandered all that paid studio time before.  The equipment he rented, the technicians, much of those resources are depleted now.  In fact, I think this tour is more of a fund-raising event than anything. 

LOL.

Show me evidence that Axl was in financial hardship? You do realize that he spent his advance on the project.

But if we assume that you are correct, then wouldnt' putting out the album be a solution to such a feduciary crisis?

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #122 on: July 08, 2006, 12:08:45 PM »

Financially, they are, because Axl squandered all that paid studio time before.? The equipment he rented, the technicians, much of those resources are depleted now.? In fact, I think this tour is more of a fund-raising event than anything.?

LOL.

Show me evidence that Axl was in financial hardship? You do realize that he spent his advance on the project.

But if we assume that you are correct, then wouldnt' putting out the album be a solution to such a feduciary crisis?

really... Roll Eyes

I'd like to be so broke that i could only afford $5,500 in booze for 90 minutes @ the bar

LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #123 on: July 08, 2006, 12:22:04 PM »

LOL.

As I said, his financial sources are more depleted.  If he had an advance backing him before, what's backing him now?  Sure, he could spend his own money, but the point is not that Axl doesn't have enough money to put the record out, its that he had Geffen/Interscope paying for all his toys before, whereas now they are not.  I doubt Axl's desire to create the "perfect" record will have gone away.  Anybody with business sense could tell you how that lack of funding would curb production on any project, especially since we're talking about Axl Rose here.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 12:26:25 PM by LookingThruThisPOV » Logged
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #124 on: July 08, 2006, 12:33:52 PM »

LOL.

As I said, his financial sources are more depleted.  If he had an advance backing him before, what's backing him now?  Sure, he could spend his own money, but the point is not that Axl doesn't have enough money to put the record out, its that he had Geffen/Interscope paying for all his toys before, whereas now they are not.  I doubt Axl's desire to create the "perfect" record will have gone away.  Anybody with business sense could tell you how that lack of funding would curb production on any project, especially since we're talking about Axl Rose here.

Pure speculation on your part. You have no evidence that this tour is a fundraiser b/c of album overhead.

A more believable rationale behind this tour is the need to prove to the American promoters that the band can sustain itself on an extended tour of festivals, small venues, and large arenas.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #125 on: July 08, 2006, 12:43:23 PM »

Take it from me, we'll get the album soon. Soon is the word  ok Soon is before 2007 ok
JAC185
« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2006, 12:44:27 PM »

Take it from me, we'll get the album soon. Soon is the word? ok Soon is before 2007 ok

rant

Boy do posts like that frustrate me, do people genuinely expect posts like that to reassure us?
Steel_Angel
« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2006, 12:44:38 PM »

Take it from me, we'll get the album soon. Soon is the word? ok Soon is before 2007 ok
you're an idiot. but im glad u could read.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: July 08, 2006, 12:48:38 PM »

Take it from me, we'll get the album soon. Soon is the word  ok Soon is before 2007 ok
you're an idiot. but im glad u could read.

i'm not an idiot, i simply wrote what i believe to be true, i simply don't believe what others say  hihi
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #129 on: July 08, 2006, 12:50:59 PM »

Remember when he played the supposed complete album at the Crazy Horse II in Vegas a few years back? ?And then more recently he played another version at some New York club to bribe them to keep it open. ?You'd think there would be some info from someome who was at either of those venues. ? ? Cry

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #130 on: July 08, 2006, 01:06:08 PM »

Yep, this is the year for the launch.

Pure speculation on your part. You have no evidence that this tour is a fundraiser b/c of album overhead.

True but maybe the guess is not too far in a sense.  If you think so, why not support the tour fully and wholeheartedly, POV?
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #131 on: July 08, 2006, 01:07:44 PM »

Remember when he played the supposed complete album at the Crazy Horse II in Vegas a few years back?  And then more recently he played another version at some New York club to bribe them to keep it open.  You'd think there would be some info from someome who was at either of those venues.     Cry

Well if you believe certain people the CITR leak comes from a recording of the CD that was played at the Crazyhorse. Apparantly a load of strippers over in Vegas have a few songs.

Jonx
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #132 on: July 08, 2006, 01:14:02 PM »

Remember when he played the supposed complete album at the Crazy Horse II in Vegas a few years back?? And then more recently he played another version at some New York club to bribe them to keep it open.? You'd think there would be some info from someome who was at either of those venues.? ? ?Cry

Well if you believe certain people the CITR leak comes from a recording of the CD that was played at the Crazyhorse. Apparantly a load of strippers over in Vegas have a few songs.

Jonx
what's wrong with this picture? a whole bunch of strippers have a whole bunch new gnr songs but not us  rant
jsg2295
Banned
Headliner

The Album will come.

« Reply #133 on: July 08, 2006, 01:26:46 PM »

Remember when he played the supposed complete album at the Crazy Horse II in Vegas a few years back?? And then more recently he played another version at some New York club to bribe them to keep it open.? You'd think there would be some info from someome who was at either of those venues.? ? ?Cry

Jonx
what's wrong with this picture? a whole bunch of strippers have a whole bunch new gnr songs but not us? rant
Maybe the strippers were a little more "supportive" in their enthusiasm than we are. Assuming this is true of course.
EFISH
« Reply #134 on: July 08, 2006, 01:45:12 PM »

Jonx

someone, get there ass on a plane to Vegas. NOW!!!! rant
Steel_Angel
« Reply #135 on: July 08, 2006, 01:48:11 PM »

Jonx

someone, get there ass on a plane to Vegas. NOW!!!! rant
i cant  Embarrassed im grounded.
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #136 on: July 08, 2006, 02:11:03 PM »

Hey Frozen did you post that '86 GNR performance on youtube?  That thing is awesome!   Shocked

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #137 on: July 08, 2006, 02:15:34 PM »

i cant  Embarrassed im grounded.

No offense, but this says it all.  Many of you are too young to remember Axl back in his prime.  Times are different now and Axl doesn't have that same powerful voice he had back then.  Its going to take a lot of hard work just to make it into the charts here in the U.S.  Releasing an album after 15 years of silence (new material) would prove to be a fatal mistake for GnR.  Axl simply wasted his best years doing nothing truly productive.  For those of you who think I'm just here to bash Axl, you're mistaken.  I'm a huge Axl "fan", but that doesn't stop me from being realistic. 

I remember people complaining about Axl's voice on the Sympathy cover.  Sure, it wasn't as strong, but it was still an awesome performance, IMHO.  Many of GnR's most loyal fans began complaining about Axl's voice as early as TSI.  You can see the grit and power slipping away as he got older.  That's why GnR is in a worse position now than before.  Axl has wasted his better years doing nothing.  If it were Axl/Slash/Duff/Izzy, then GnR would survive, because the sound would still rock and people would simply overlook Axl's aging voice.  Now Axl has gone out and hired his own band, and has the audacity to still call them GnR.  People are not going to overlook Axl's weaker voice when the spotlight is squarely upon him now (as opposed to sharing it with Slash).

So even if CD gets released in 2006, people will crash the record stores at first, but once the words get out, sales will plummet quickly.  I'm not even sold that it'll make double-platinum status.  The new songs are OK, but most of them lack any type of hook or relevance by now. 
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 02:19:08 PM by LookingThruThisPOV » Logged
Steel_Angel
« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2006, 02:17:19 PM »

Hey Frozen did you post that '86 GNR performance on youtube?? That thing is awesome!? ?Shocked
i dont know i post a lot of things   Tongue
Steel_Angel
« Reply #139 on: July 08, 2006, 02:18:00 PM »

i cant? Embarrassed im grounded.

No offense, but this says it all.? Many of you are too young to remember Axl back in his prime.? Times are different now and Axl doesn't have that same powerful voice he had back then.? Its going to take a lot of hard work just to make it into the charts here in the U.S.? Releasing an album after 15 years of silence (new material) was a fatal mistake for GnR.? Axl simply wasted his best years doing nothing truly productive.? For those of you who think I'm just here to bash Axl, you're mistaken.? I'm a huge Axl "fan", but that doesn't stop me from being realistic.?

I remember people complaining about Axl's voice on the Sympathy cover.? Sure, it wasn't as strong, but it was still an awesome performance, IMHO.? Many of GnR's most loyal fans began complaining about Axl's voice as early as TSI.? You can see the grit and power slipping away as he got older.? That's why GnR is in a worse position now than before.? Axl has wasted his better years doing nothing.? If it were Axl/Slash/Duff/Izzy, then GnR would survive, because the sound would still rock and people would simply overlook Axl's aging voice.? Now Axl has gone out and hired his own band, and has the audacity to still call them GnR.? People are not going to overlook Axl's weaker voice when the spotlight is squarely upon him now (as opposed to sharing it with Slash).

So even if CD gets released in 2006, people will crash the record stores at first, but once the words get out, sales will plummet quickly.? I'm not even sold that it'll make double-platinum status.? The new songs OK, but most of them lack any type of hook or relevance by now.?
doucebag post of the month. heres my advice, get off the internet, and get a job  ok smoking
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: