Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 07:55:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  HERE IT IS ***** GnR commercial on MTV to air end of Feb.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HERE IT IS ***** GnR commercial on MTV to air end of Feb.  (Read 69128 times)
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2004, 02:36:33 PM »

I say it's bullshit.

So your friend works for a company who is handling a top secret commercial for GNR?  

First of all.....I think your friend is a fuckhead for revealing this info.  If it's top secret, he never should have emailed you.

Second, why would you post that shit on here?  If it's top secret....keep it to yourself.

If it's true, then we'd know for ourselves come the end of February or whenever it's supposed to air.

I am so glad you aren't my friend nor do any of you people work for me.  

You'd be fired immediately for breaching confidentiality nor would I trust you as a friend.

My suggestion..........another rumor unless there is a credible source to back this up. ok

has any harm happened yet? rather more activity this has been arised..if this thing gets revealed how is it going to harm GNR name and promotion. I mean this little piece of info?? I think you are having a little over reaction trip here..  

but still I personally don't believe this until a good evidence has been stated!
GunsLova
Rocker

VR? LMAO

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2004, 02:39:26 PM »

No sound? What about the blind GNR fans? Tongue
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2004, 02:44:53 PM »

do they have tv's?

to reply to what Falcon posted.
I agree 100% with what you said, IF it's the only commercial before the album, it will be a terrible idea!
but to me it sounds more like a "pre-commercial" before a real commercial.
well, as fun as this is to discuss, Im quite certain that it's not true, and even if it is, it will still never happen.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2004, 02:49:07 PM »

I say it's bullshit.

So your friend works for a company who is handling a top secret commercial for GNR?  

First of all.....I think your friend is a fuckhead for revealing this info.  If it's top secret, he never should have emailed you.

Second, why would you post that shit on here?  If it's top secret....keep it to yourself.

If it's true, then we'd know for ourselves come the end of February or whenever it's supposed to air.

I am so glad you aren't my friend nor do any of you people work for me.  

You'd be fired immediately for breaching confidentiality nor would I trust you as a friend.

My suggestion..........another rumor unless there is a credible source to back this up. ok

has any harm happened yet? rather more activity this has been arised..if this thing gets revealed how is it going to harm GNR name and promotion. I mean this little piece of info?? I think you are having a little over reaction trip here..  

but still I personally don't believe this until a good evidence has been stated!

A little over reaction trip?

No...just sick of the bs rumors people spread on here.

It's as simple as this......if it is true......reveal the credible source when posting something...........or better yet......send it to Jarmo.

Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2004, 02:54:14 PM »

do they have tv's?

to reply to what Falcon posted.
I agree 100% with what you said, IF it's the only commercial before the album, it will be a terrible idea!
but to me it sounds more like a "pre-commercial" before a real commercial.
well, as fun as this is to discuss, Im quite certain that it's not true, and even if it is, it will still never happen.

rather that, but if it says the date of the album and shit..
it would be a cool thing if it asted for 4/5sec and just flashed Guns N Roses acouple of time's... or maybe Chinese Democracy.. then weeks later on the real ad is starting...  ok

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2004, 03:05:52 PM »

As far as using this concept, I think the best way to do it would be to have the flashing screen with only the word "Guns". Then, a week or two later, add  "N". A few weeks later add "Roses" and so on until you complete the whole message. This would create a massive buzz. I've seen this kind of thing back when I used to watch wrestling. They would briefly flash a sign or name, adding more to it as time went on. I think they did it when Chirs Jericho (sp?) came to WWF from WCW.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2004, 03:13:29 PM »

Sounds like another bullshit rumor to me. That would be a terrible way to promote the album. The only people who would care to see such a commercial is us diehards. Something like that wouldn't do anything to catch the eye of the average MTV viewer.
DizzyReed63
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2004, 03:15:22 PM »

Hey guys,
I work in the ad biz and have to say that's a CHEAP way to advertise such a big thing.

But I'd guess Axl has a ton of influence on any campaign. No ad agency would produce something like this unless forced by the client by money restraints, or it's the client's idea.

From what's described, someone's little brother could make this ad on his laptop for free.

But if made right, I could see this working to stir some talk, and it won't cost the record company or GnR much in the way of advertising production.

I think a "teaser" campaign wouldn't work, because people are sick of waiting for GnR to get their act together. Literally.
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2004, 03:16:38 PM »

That commercial sounds like the fevered imagination of a fan.

I've seen enough.
5thofwhiskey
Rocker

Estranged............The Guns n' Roses Story

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2004, 03:57:23 PM »

I love this idea.

awesome

cheap - different - great buzz -

people will take notice of this.

I keep saying the end of Feb. / 04

If this is the way it is going to start then I LIKE IT.

I look for www.gnronline.com to be updated beforethis though....so look for the fans to find out first.

Tour details ,  and possible soundtrack info.........which I have been watching this VAN HELSING movie for sometime.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

hihi

-5th
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2004, 04:09:51 PM »

i say don't believe anything unless it's official.

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
charl!edontsurf
Rocker

Axl doesn't surf either...

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2004, 04:13:46 PM »

Weird. I heard Axl was going to be personally driving in a truck with the neon Pegasus promoting the album. My friend said Buckethead would be in the back handing out toys while Robin took pictures and Fortus played some N*SYNC riffs.  hihi

VAN: 11-7-2002 (RIOT!)
TACOMA: 11-8-2002
LONDON: 6-7-2006
DUBLIN: 6-9-2006
PARIS: 6-20-2006
ZURICH: 7-1-2006
CGY: 12-6-2006
EDM: 12-7-2006
CGY: 1-16-2010
EDM: 1-17-2010
SEA: 12-16-2011
VAN:
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2004, 04:20:29 PM »

Wow.....

Another baseless rumour crying

Oh man i so want this to be true, how dare u play tricks on us all....when i find where u r..... rant rant rant

Quick! To the bandwagon!
The Michelin-Man
Headliner

Appetite For Destruction = BEST RECORD EVER!!!

« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2004, 04:27:25 PM »

if this is true: it would be the coolest commercial ever!!! but i guess it's just bullshit...

Guns N' Roses / Velvet Revolver / Adler's Appetite
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2004, 04:36:36 PM »

Didn't Nine Inch Nails do something similar in 1998 during the VMAs?

Edit:

Nine Inch Nails Teaser, aired during MTV's 15th Annual VMAs on September 10th, 1998

Back in October 1998, there were ads saying:
ninetynine
nothing

in magazines. See example here

Then in December they sent out postcards to radiostations.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 05, 2004, 05:48:45 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
nuzreq
Opening Act

women and children first.

« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2004, 05:00:33 PM »

If its true, and we all really have no idea, but if it is...the whole no sound thing wouldnt be such a bad idea.  If you think about your everday comercial there is always some sorta sound going on, having an ad without any sounds would likely draw the viewer in because it is so different.  The idea is in now way original other ads have used the same concept, because the ad is so out of the ordinary it becomes memorable. Well thats at least what i picked up from my couple of semesters of advertising and marketing at college.  
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2004, 05:05:11 PM »

y'all some cynical motherfuckers in here.

For the sake of the sanity of the people in here

GIVE US THE E-MAIL OR THE NAME OF THE COMPANY  rant

This is turning into a slow torture. We can all feel there might be something about to happen but we're just expecting everything to fall apart to nothing as usual.

Somebody help us  crying

I think that this would be a great starting advert, and would definately draw attention. Just someone give us some concrete info. for fucks sake.

@#$%Muther
just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2004, 05:09:24 PM »

i still think its BS
W 23 Axl
Headliner

12/02 - msg show - un fuckin real

« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2004, 05:31:17 PM »

does it need to be spelled out?Huh?

I  c-a-n N-O-T  g-i-v-e   o-u-t  t-h-e  n-a-m-e

now i'm sorry i ever posted on here cuz you're all fucking crazy. why would i post this if its not going to happen.

(by the way...me, myself...i like that poster's idea of just having GUNS, then a week later N' and so on and so on....cool idea)

and the no sound, to me, is genuis. there are no rules, you guys gotta go out of the pentanonic box of life. no limits, no rules. i believe my friend when he said "Do you honestly believe Axl doesn't know the world is waiting for him". We ALL KNOW gn'r will be very big when axl releases this and tours. axl is the only true rock frontman left on the planet

- Greg
riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2004, 05:33:28 PM »

i think the visual concept is kinda cool, but not as the whole ad campaign. The day they announce the release date i'd have this deal running, and only for that day, then have some sort of different commercial to follow up. As for the no sound.....how's this.........have the Guns come up, then the N' then the Roses, but instead of no sound have like a crowd yelling Guns..........N'.............Roses like they do for encores.....have the Guns N Roses thing flash like 5 times or something in unsion with the crowd yelling, then just show white on black Guns N Roses, Chinese Democracy, May XX, 2004, or whatever the date is, with the crowd noise still going on, cut commercial.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: