Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 04:53:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  HERE IT IS ***** GnR commercial on MTV to air end of Feb.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HERE IT IS ***** GnR commercial on MTV to air end of Feb.  (Read 69134 times)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2004, 06:40:03 PM »

Would you please explain why Booker?

Whats there to explain?  MTV is the biggest music channel and are a huge factor in music marketing.  End of story.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2004, 06:40:14 PM »

I know people here have been assfucked over and over again by stupid fucking rumors that never come true, there has been faxes and god knows what there hasn't been... also AXL has said allot of shit that has never happened, there has even been OFFICIAL announcements several times that this baby is on its way...

Why call W 23 Axl a liar, either prove him wrong or discuss the possibility and the rumor...

Fuck, what will you say if this thing turns out to be true? Ever thought of that??

I know I have believed in allot of rumors, manly because I’m so excited about this Chinese Democracy album that I want it to happen so bad, some rumors are better than others, this is a good one IMO..

If it's a "fake" rumor and you don't believe it, why the fuck post? That’s what a fake rumourist wants, he wants to make a huge fucking thread so why feed his urge and laugh about it… if you don't believe in it cool, but you shouldn’t step down on this dude...Huh

BTW, we all know Axl is a huge fan of NIN which leads me to believe this even more.

If this turns out to be a false rumor, THEN you can bash this guy, until then... huh well.. no

peace -erose the pasifist  Wink

When people start believing all these rumors and they don't happen people start posting countless threads at why thy're pissed off this rumor didn't happend, they're fed up with waiting... It's better to cut it off at the start.

Yeah, but MTV used them as the big surprise act before the show to get people to tune in. Woodstock and Ozzfest also wanted GNR to play at those shows, so they were being saught after, its not like MTV used them when no one else would. I don't think they owe them anything anymore. It's not the same MTV it was when GNR was big.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2004, 06:41:54 PM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Gunner101
Opening Act

gnrevolution.com

« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2004, 06:47:09 PM »

Not sure what to think about this one. There have been so many friggin' bul shit rumors all over. But hey, you never know... There is always a little hope in every rumor.

If it is not true then well.. We all go back to what we were doing before... Waiting.

gnrevolution.com
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2004, 06:51:52 PM »

Whats there to explain?  MTV is the biggest music channel and are a huge factor in music marketing.  End of story.

Exactly, would there be a better place to advertice a HUGE musoc comeback?

I think mtv suck ass, but if they started to play gn'r i'd sure get back to them... and so would allot of others i believe... plus all the fuckers who are already watching the shit they air finally have a chance to have their eyes opened.

Rock acts don't become as big today as they used to, why? The music industry is filled with SHIT. If a rock band would get serious air time on mtv, they could save allot of people... there are many fragile minds watching that channel right now.

hey look at The Darkness, don't tell me that that wasn't a breath of fresh air into mtv. they did it, whao was the last rock band to get aired like them?

plus, aren't there supposed to be a few POP songs on CD  hihi

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2004, 06:51:54 PM »

wow, another rumor with no source or traceable origin written by someone with 20 or less posts.

seems like another winner to me  Roll Eyes

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #85 on: February 05, 2004, 06:52:09 PM »

only a diehard Axl Rose fan, a typically delusional, sorry assed, rationalizing, excuse Axl no-matter-whatter, loser, idiot, dumbass, dope, lackey moron could possibly think that this false sorry excuse for an ad campaign, which is total bullshit, totally bogus, totally assinine, totally false for a million reasons, common sense being the first one, would call it a genius move. Only an Axl fan and only in AXL-LAND!

Why?

who are you?  hihi

Why what?

I could give you a sensible, rational explanation as to why I think only an Axl fan would think this is somehow a genius move, I could give you a sensible rational explanation of why I think this rumor is bullshit, and even if it wasn't bullshit(which it obviously is), it would be an idiotic way of promoting CD.

Unfortunately sensible & rational don't go over too well on this board, save a few posters, so I won't bother, I'll just point out stupidity whenever I see it(which, unfortunately, is EVERY time I check out this board).

Your Pal,
Providman  Cool
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #86 on: February 05, 2004, 06:52:33 PM »

I don't think right now is a good time to jump the gun either way. The next few months could be very exciting, but the key word there is could. So I am going to try and not give this rumor much thought.

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2004, 07:02:32 PM »

only a diehard Axl Rose fan, a typically delusional, sorry assed, rationalizing, excuse Axl no-matter-whatter, loser, idiot, dumbass, dope, lackey moron could possibly think that this false sorry excuse for an ad campaign, which is total bullshit, totally bogus, totally assinine, totally false for a million reasons, common sense being the first one, would call it a genius move. Only an Axl fan and only in AXL-LAND!

Why?

who are you?  hihi

Why what?

I could give you a sensible, rational explanation as to why I think only an Axl fan would think this is somehow a genius move, I could give you a sensible rational explanation of why I think this rumor is bullshit, and even if it wasn't bullshit(which it obviously is), it would be an idiotic way of promoting CD.

Unfortunately sensible & rational don't go over too well on this board, save a few posters, so I won't bother, I'll just point out stupidity whenever I see it(which, unfortunately, is EVERY time I check out this board).

Your Pal,
Providman  Cool

so c'mon then, what you just posted is what i call a meaningless post, i would like to know why i'm stupid for believing in this...

and that Axl fanatic up his ass stuff is totaly rediculous, if you wonder i't Guns N' Roses i love, meaning the whole package and sure Axl is a part of that, but far from the only thing.. he is one of many lovable factors which makes Guns N' Roses Guns N' Roses.. why do you even post here and why do you check the board if it's all bs anyway..Huh

if you were who you say you are, you wouldn't have gone further that the news section..

peace

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
duffman
Rocker

« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2004, 07:19:01 PM »

Another bullshit rumor. Roll Eyes
badapple81
« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2004, 07:36:11 PM »

Delete the names and email addresses.. delete the company name and post the rest of it.. simple!

Better still.. send the email to Jarmo who can be trusted to confirm that its legit and delete all the personal info for you.

Its that simple! U decided not to keep it top secret.. we dont expect names.. we dont want ure mate to lose his job.. we just want some evidence.. some!

DONT GET ON THE HORSE UNLESS YOU INTEND TO RIDE IT!!!
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #90 on: February 05, 2004, 08:25:51 PM »

DONT GET ON THE HORSE UNLESS YOU INTEND TO RIDE IT!!!

Maybe he thought it was a chair...

DizzyReed63
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #91 on: February 05, 2004, 08:29:43 PM »

True or not, I thank ya for posting it.
I know it's tough to post things like that, knowing you'll be disected, etc...

Is it true? We find out soon!
And rumors like this keep us awake during the lull of 2003-2004.

Speaking of which... I had the buddie who had met Axl over the summer... he asked me the other day why the album wasn't out yet. That Axl told him Nov/Dec. He's still stickin' to his story. So I still believe him, too.

Hope everyone who doubts this rumor gets eaten by the wolf at the end of the month  peace
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2004, 09:14:51 PM »

True or not, I thank ya for posting it.
I know it's tough to post things like that, knowing you'll be disected, etc...

Is it true? We find out soon!
And rumors like this keep us awake during the lull of 2003-2004.

Speaking of which... I had the buddie who had met Axl over the summer... he asked me the other day why the album wasn't out yet. That Axl told him Nov/Dec. He's still stickin' to his story. So I still believe him, too.

Hope everyone who doubts this rumor gets eaten by the wolf at the end of the month  peace

Just like everyone else who has doubted rumors in the last year has been eaten by the wolf proven right ...

Seriously, if this guy is telling the truth he would send this e-mail to Jarmo, who has been proven trustworthy over years and years.  He could request that Jarmo not repost anything, and just verify that such an e-mail exists and he has seen it.  We would then be less inclined to question the authenticity of this rumor.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #93 on: February 05, 2004, 09:40:18 PM »

You will not hear ANY sound...the commercial is (so far) supposed to start in all black. Then, in white, will flash on the screen GUNS and then dissappear. Then, again the same thing for N'. Then the same thing for ROSES.

Check out the UYI 1 tape (I don't own the dvd but I guess it's the same) ...
That's how that concert starts... only the words are in red.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
CocaineTongue
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #94 on: February 06, 2004, 01:18:17 AM »

I gotta admit, its been so long since any real news that even rumors are staring to psyche me up.  Man does that suck.   nervous
Guns N Roses
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2004, 01:37:29 AM »

The funny thing is that there was a commercial with no sound during the superbowl.  Non GNR related but still maybe either this is where the idea for this commercial comes from or maybe it is how this guy made up this story.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #96 on: February 06, 2004, 01:44:03 AM »

I think I missed that one!LOL! hihi

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #97 on: February 06, 2004, 04:16:43 AM »

well im kinda skeptical bout rumours now...but this one does kinda tie with what rao said...he said that the whole albums in black n whit...if hes tellin the truth then its a definate possibility
anyways its sounds cool...one of the longest waiting music albums whose commercial has no sound..its fuckin cool

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #98 on: February 06, 2004, 06:35:53 AM »

More rumours will come as the release announcement is getting closer and closer.  

Fact is, if the album is set up to be out in May, sure there is a marketing strategy to launch this as we speak. I'm not too crazy about the mute promo shit. GNR has been out of this planet for the past 10 years, thus if GNR's markting campaign relies on a mute promo, God save GNR

Damn I would love to be involved in something like this. So many things could be done...
chris7060
Opening Act

G-N-R Rules

« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2004, 08:57:33 AM »

I think that it sounds good and can only hope that it is true.  

Although I can see silence for 15 seconds and then you hear the band jamming and axle screaming or doing a crazy howle in the back ground
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: