Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 10:43:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227937 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Foo Fighters dedicate song to GNR @ RIR 4
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Foo Fighters dedicate song to GNR @ RIR 4  (Read 14220 times)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2004, 05:04:54 PM »

What year was the Pavement comment?  

About 3 years ago.

And of course his whole Probot thing, he's become more metal friendly, not that GnR are metal but you know what I mean.  

Grohls always been "metal-friendly".

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2004, 05:22:10 PM »

True.  

Always in a Motorhead/Slayer/Voivod way.

Never in a Sunset Strip way.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2004, 05:22:25 PM »

I wouldn't go that far.  He was afraid to admit to Cobain that he liked King Diamond and Celtic Frost.  I hardly think you would have seen him hanging out with Lemmy back then.  
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2004, 06:19:58 PM »

Actually, Dave Grohl is a huge GnR fan from back when.  I remember reading a review that said at RIR3 (I think?) he was spazzing out at the side of the stage because he was seeing Axl live. But I dunno..

exactly... Dave didnt insullt Axl or GnR... he just dedicated a song to him.. the lyrics mean nothing.. he just mentioned Axls name.... but too many people here think that if another band mentions his name its insullting....

i dont really care , but if you dedicate a song to someone then the lyrics are the important , so when Axl dedicated the song "Get in the ring" to someone was just coincidence?
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2004, 06:49:16 PM »

Here we go again!  Why can't these ignorant little Nirvana faggots just accept that GN'R was a better band, Kurt blew his fuckin' head off, and no one really gives a shit anymore?  Fuck Dave Grohl.

ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2004, 09:15:56 PM »

id like to dedicate this post to axl. This next line is for dave grohl and now id like to close it all by sending this out to tamie downe.

What do i mean by all this???

who really gives a fuck!!

Seb bach, this is for you, its a song called stacked actor.

paris france and the rest of the world watching, thank you, good fukin nite!!!!!!!!!!
YouCouldBeMine
Rocker

Nirvana Sucks

« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2004, 09:16:43 PM »

Yeah Dave is a queer none the less. He was real cute in Learning To Fly  no . I cant wait till Axl comes back and beats his face in with a guitar.

"Get your ass inside right now and do what your mother says!"
"She's not my mother, Todd!"
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2004, 12:41:04 AM »

Wasn't Grohl asked to lay down some drum tracks for CD a good 6 years ago or so?

Anyway, I remember him making some positive comments about GnR on the Mtv 20 years of rock or whatever it was called.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2004, 12:43:48 AM »

BTW, I think Axl's dream lineup at some point might have been something along the lines of, Navarro and Finck sharing lead, grohl on drums, and maybe keep Duff on bass.  Also probably have Trent Reznor working on the computer effects.  Man, that would have been an even bigger circus than he has now.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2004, 12:44:32 AM by hey_axl_2003 » Logged

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2004, 12:53:57 AM »

Dave Grohl's GNR fixation used to bother me. Now it brings me sorrow. You have to admire his "alternative" mindset. Ooooh, Dave, you so  five-minutes ago, even wit you hatin! Go get a plaid cardigan and speak ironically!

I've seen enough.
outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2004, 01:26:02 AM »

i dont really care ,
me either.... If Axl didnt want his name mentioned he shouldnt have accepted the RIR gig and then not shown up..

but if you dedicate a song to someone then the lyrics are the important ,
not in this case.. the lyrics are too vauge..

so when Axl dedicated the song "Get in the ring" to someone was just coincidence?
thats a little different...  
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2004, 08:12:45 AM »

Isn't ANY publicity good publicity for braid head?
I mean, when Stacked Actors came out, it was thought to be about Courtney Love (which at the time of it's release made sense)...so just because the shoe fits for Axl's current situation isn't really something Dave has any power over, you know, the saying, if the shoe fits?
Have gratitude that any band mentioned GNR at all...Geez!
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2004, 10:10:38 AM »

As usual the nitwit Axl crybabies are out in full force 'cause their poor, poor hero is getting picked on again. Oh, BOO FUCKING HOO
 crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2004, 10:46:22 AM »

Does anyone have quotes attributed to Grohl that would lead someone to conclude he was/is a fan
of GNR?
I dont have the quotes but I remember him saying that he watched rio3 from the side of the stage and that it was a great show and blew him away. SOmehting to that effect.

That doesnt make him a fan though. He could have enjoyed the show and still not be a gnr fan or whatver...

who cares you people get so wrapped up when some1 bashes Axl. Let them bash. One of these days Uncle Axl will have the last laugh and all of these "bahsers/pranksters/whatever" will wonder why there music sales have dropped.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2004, 01:09:54 PM »

Here we go again!  Why can't these ignorant little Nirvana faggots just accept that GN'R was a better band, Kurt blew his fuckin' head off, and no one really gives a shit anymore?  Fuck Dave Grohl.

Hey, you're cool!   ok
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2004, 02:00:46 AM »

I'd say he's still pretty good, he releases great records, has hit singles and tours his ass off.  

But he doesnt like Axl, therefore he sucks.

Come on, Falcon - common sense.  ok

A lapse in objectivity and common sense obviously overtook my very being...what was I thinking?

Fuck Dave Grohl!

Foos suck!

Axl rules!

Grin ok   yes

Fuck Yeah that's the spirit beer

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2004, 02:12:35 AM »

Dave is a good frontman and was a great drummer.

If we remember correctly Dave has battled Courtney time and time again . and we know Axl hates Courtney so they have something in common. Lets not bash Axl because people think Dave hates Axl. You cant just hate everyone because someone says they dislike Axl.

Axl is not god. Just a great musician

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: