Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:41:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash says that Axl only has a couple of songs with vocals on it
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash says that Axl only has a couple of songs with vocals on it  (Read 68962 times)
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2004, 08:58:48 AM »

I'm sure Slash knows less about the level of completion of CD than the average fan does  Roll Eyes

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
fixintodie
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2004, 09:09:50 AM »

God I'm so fucking sick of Slash & Duff talking shit about Axl for a bit of cheap publicity.

Yeah, because Rolling Stone wouldnt have run the VR feature if Slash and Duff didnt make those comments... Roll Eyes  I also didnt know that qualified as "talking shit," but leave it to fans such as yourself.

Ok, you're gonna have to forgive me for this, I don't remember all the facts, but last summer Axl went into some LA club and played some tracks from Democracy on CD, right? Don't you think we'd have heard more about it if the vocals weren't even on the damn songs?

I dont think weve heard anything about the songs as it is, so what difference would it make?

Tommy Stintson said the album was nearly complete. No vocals isn't nearly complete.

Doug Goldstein said the same thing in 2000...

AND.....what about that clip that you can download from (I think) Newgnr.com, the radio advert used to publicise the 2002 tour? That included clips of the new songs, from the studio, and OH YEAH - THEY HAD FUCKING VOCALS.  rant rant rant

Ive never seen or heard anything that definitively identifies those clips as studio ones...

Slash is probably wrong about it...but hes hardly "talking shit" and if he is wrong we should see the album soon.  If not, then maybe he wasnt far off...

You've never seen or heard anything to indentify those clips as studio ones? Ever tried listening to them?

Did I say Rolling Stone wouldn't feature VR without the Guns references? It's the Guns references that are making most of the headlines though ('Slash has no Axl to grind, etc, etc...'), and it seems to me that Slash & Duff are constantly putting Axl down to look good.

I do consider going on Howard Stern and giggling like a bitchy schoolgirl about Axl's appearance to be 'talking shit'. I consider talking about someone else's album, that you have fuck all to do with, and we know isn't true to be 'talking shit'.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2004, 09:10:05 AM »

I don't know what the truth is, but

Robin left because he was tired to work on instrumentals as they didn't have complete songs (with vocals)

Doug Goldstein said in 2000 that the album is 99% musically done, 50% vocals done

Josh Freese left 'cause he thought the album was ready to be released, but it didn't happen

Axl doesn't say anything as usual

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2004, 09:39:01 AM »

here's the link.  

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story?id=6185031&pageid=rs.Home&pageregion=single2

Read the 10th paragraph.

Mysteryon... you know anything about this?  or anyone??

Hope this isn't true

Edit by Will: link fixed

Slash's source must either be the Velvet Rope forum or Ivan from Argentina  hihi

I don't even need to check this nonsense to know it's false
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2004, 09:43:10 AM »

Doug Goldstein said in 2000 that the album is 99% musically done, 50% vocals done

Actually no:

''As far as I can tell,'' says GnR's manager Doug Goldstein, ''we are now 99% musically done and 80% vocals done. (RS 01/2000)

80% vocals done four years ago. Even if Axl re-recorded some of his parts, I just can't believe there are only two complete tracks on the album right now. Wasn't the album in the mixing process last year in July (according to Tommy) -- we never knew when it was complete, if it ever was? Usually the vocals are already done when a record enters the mixing process right?

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2004, 09:49:33 AM »

Strange.

Whatever though. Maybe it was taken out of context.

I don't trust any writers.

I'd say that this is most likely the case.

Maybe Slash is referring to two songs that he knew of having completed vocals back when he was still in the band.

Man, most of you Axl worshippers are paranoid.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2004, 10:03:36 AM »

I don't even need to check this nonsense to know it's false

I figured that much... yes

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2004, 10:17:07 AM »

You've never seen or heard anything to indentify those clips as studio ones? Ever tried listening to them?

You mean three 4-second clips?  No, I wouldnt call that definitive proof that theyre studio clips...Could just as well be clean studioboard recordings.

Did I say Rolling Stone wouldn't feature VR without the Guns references?

You implied that Slash and Duff make these comments (answers to questions that theyre asked) in order to get publicity...well, the VR article will run regardless - so thats out.  Unless you think theyre doing it to provide message board fodder and consider that publicity...

It's the Guns references that are making most of the headlines though ('Slash has no Axl to grind, etc, etc...'), and it seems to me that Slash & Duff are constantly putting Axl down to look good.

First off, no, its not the Gnus stuff making headlines.  Youve named one tiny newpaper article that has such a headline.  I can give you dozens more that dont.  So ease up with the hyperbole there...

As for putting him down, thats your own sensitivity.  Slash said, probably wrongly, that Axl only has a couple of vocal tracks.  You have to be really sensitive to interpret that as a put-down.  If he is wrong, its likely that it was said out of pure error rather than an effort to put him down.  

I do consider going on Howard Stern and giggling like a bitchy schoolgirl about Axl's appearance to be 'talking shit'.

Then youre as oversensitive as I suspected.  Forget that Slash and Duff intentionally avoided commenting on his appearence (and always have), laughing at a comment is "talking shit".  If it aws Slash and Duffs intention to put Axl down, and its certainly no difficult feat, they could easily do so.  But when youre example of their bullying is laughing at others comments and answering questions that theyre asked concerning that album honestly (if not erroneously), its safe to say your oversensitivity to the subject is bizarre.

Im sure you were just as outraged when Axl told the others to suck his dick, said Slash was in his ass, made comments about their albums, called Slash a liar, etc.  ok

And we dont know anything about this album and its level of completion.  Weve heard nothing.  Believe those second-long clips are studio ones if it makes you feel better, but theres no certainty there.  The album is supposedly almost done - just like it was 4 years ago.  So that says it all about what "we" know about this album.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 10:24:22 AM by Booker Floyd » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2004, 10:28:36 AM »

Its no secret Axl took his time with the vocals. He has said many times that in order for him to sing on a track the music has to be at a certain level. That level was achieved when the band solidified. The tracks and most of the albums are completed. If anyone thinks otherwise they are dumb. SLash is about 3 - 4 yrs late with his info.

You mean three 4-second clips?  No, I wouldnt call that definitive proof that theyre studio clips...Could just as well be clean studioboard recordings.
Theres not 1 show on the tour that Axl sounds as good as that. Including the soundboards.

You implied that Slash and Duff make these comments (answers to questions that theyre asked) in order to get publicity...well, the VR article will run regardless - so thats out.  Unless you think theyre doing it to provide message board fodder and consider that publicity...
Why cant they simple say no comment and be persistent about it? I understand they are asked in every interview about GNR and Axl but why do they have to talk about it. I dont care if they talk about old GNR and what they did, but when the questions come up about Axl's appearance, musical direction, album and band they should simply say No Comment. If they said that every interview, peopel would stop asking. Or if they took Sorum over to the side one day and said stop being a lil pussy and running your mouth every second liek you were the one who helped built the band then maybe they wouldnt have a spokesperson to say what they wanna say in SOrum.

Or they can do something {which I personally dont like} what Axl does. Have a particluar interview foward them the questions. He does this so he doesnt talk about the old members.

Almost every VR article I have read mentionsa not just old guns but new guns. Its pathetic.

And Sorum should shut the fuck up. He acts like he was a pivotal member of GNR. Im not saying hes not good but he has no right to say one word. He has no class.

Although Slash changes his tune from time to time and basically lets SOrum do the talking atleast he doesnt run his mouth like SOrum does. If any has the right to run his mouth is SLash. Sorum should shut the fuck up.

LOL, isnt it funny how Slash is always saying how hes not interested in new gnr and how he doesnt give two shits about them, and doesnt know anything about it, etc,etc
/ Yet he knows that they have only a handful of vocal tracks down...and ladies and gentlemen...HE KNOWS IT FOR A FACT.

Slash give it a rest and go work on your followup.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 10:33:52 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2004, 10:29:56 AM »

IMO, the bottom line is that Slash has no way of knowing "for a fact" how many tracks have vocals recorded over them.

He speculate as much as he wants based off gossip he's heard.  It's his right.  But, being that he hasn't spoken to Axl Rose since 1996, and by all accounts isn't friendly with any new members of the band, I don't see how he could know with any reasonable degree of certainty.

Ali
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2004, 10:48:49 AM »

And Sorum should shut the fuck up. He acts like he was a pivotal member of GNR. Im not saying hes not good but he has no right to say one word. He has no class.

Hmmm...

Are you a little girl? This is rock n roll not fukin ethics class.

What the hell does class have to do with rnr

Huh

Your glaring hypocrisy aside, Sorum didnt even say anything really derogatory about Axl, other than hes screwing Matt out of royalties, which gives a little insight as to why Matt doesnt go out of his way to be flattering.

Although Slash changes his tune from time to time and basically lets SOrum do the talking

confused

Sorum is a grown man who was a member of Guns N' Roses for six or seven years...nobodys "letting" him talk.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 10:51:54 AM by Booker Floyd » Logged
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2004, 10:55:38 AM »

Those clips from the Boston promo are defiantly studio clips. You can tell just from the opening riff to Chinese Democracy, it sounds nothing like the way it sounds live. And the other way you can tell is by Axl's vocals, he isnt singing the same way he sings live now.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2004, 11:02:46 AM »

Hmmm...

Quote:
Are you a little girl? This is rock n roll not fukin ethics class.

Quote:
What the hell does class have to do with rnr

Your glaring hypocrisy aside, Sorum didnt even say anything really derogatory about Axl, other than hes screwing Matt out of royalties, which gives a little insight as to why Matt doesnt go out of his way to be flattering.
First off, I said that whole class thing because I think its funny when people on the boards bring it up. So I decided to take part in that Class ethics and show how stupid it is.

And I stand by what I said in those quotes 100%. Its fukin RNR. So when Axl wants to disuss the past and his former friends and he says what he says...that rnr...not always bringing it up in a pussy way like sorum does or the way Slash and company always act like they are higher than Axl. Its cool if you think you are...then say it straight up dont beat around the bush.

Sorum didnt say anything that bad in the RS interview but its that he has said shit in the past and hes always saying something. Im not asking nayone to kiss Axls ass. All Im asking is to read a VR interview not a what do you think of Axl and GNr interview.

Booker do you have a life? Im sure I could go back to your posts and show your contradictions. But I dont because who the fuck cares. Its the fukin summer. Go out and get laid.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2004, 11:20:29 AM »

First off, I said that whole class thing because I think its funny when people on the boards bring it up. So I decided to take part in that Class ethics and show how stupid it is.

rofl

Sure you did...

And I stand by what I said in those quotes 100%. Its fukin RNR. So when Axl wants to disuss the past and his former friends and he says what he says...that rnr...not always bringing it up in a pussy way like sorum does or the way Slash and company always act like they are higher than Axl. Its cool if you think you are...then say it straight up dont beat around the bush.

You sound very confused...So basically, its okay for Axl to insult past members, but anyone insulting Axl should "shut the fuck up".  Gotcha.

Sorum didnt say anything that bad in the RS interview but its that he has said shit in the past and hes always saying something. Im not asking nayone to kiss Axls ass. All Im asking is to read a VR interview not a what do you think of Axl and GNr interview.

Well, if thats all youre asking, you should read every sentence other than the one or two dedicated to Axl/GNR.

Booker do you have a life? Im sure I could go back to your posts and show your contradictions. But I dont because who the fuck cares. Its the fukin summer. Go out and get laid.

Im sure you could too... ok  

Thanks for the concern, but theres no need to worry...Im just fine.  Doing a search for your laughable contradictions takes seconds, actually.  Like this for example, from a few days ago...

Im done with the boards for a lil {Even though Dizzy is tempting me to respond,but whatever}.... peace to all

hihi

Only took me 45 seconds  ok

« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 11:24:09 AM by Booker Floyd » Logged
fixintodie
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2004, 11:28:18 AM »

Booker, do you have some sort of inferiority complex, enjoy arguing with anyone about anything, or just have a love of manipulating facts to make yourself look good?

I never said Slash saying that only 2 songs were complete was a put down. I said he was stating 'facts' about a band he has nothing to do with.

Laughing at someone's appearance? Not a putdown, just totally pathetic for someone pushing 40.

I'm tired of Slash and Duff's sniggery little comments about Axl in every interview. It's pathetic. If Axl comes out with C.D., and does tons of interviews putting down VR, I'll feel the same.

What Slash & Duff seem to have forgotten is that most Velvet fans are Guns fans, and a lot of those are Axl fans too. By doing this in interviews constantly, they're pretty much asking their fans to choose. I agree with Younggunner, maybe if questions on GNR were met with a 'no comment' - consistently - then Velvet Revolver could finally be recognised for being Velvet Revolver.

And if you can't tell that those clips are studio cuts, you need to pull your head out of your ass.  drool
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2004, 11:32:13 AM »

Like usual you took a topic and threw it on the person who posts something you dont like. What else is new?...

You sound very confused...So basically, its okay for Axl to insult past members, but anyone insulting Axl should "shut the fuck up".  Gotcha.
No, I said they should say it directly instead of sugar coating it. If there gonna say something, say it...instead of saying well ya know, bla bla bla....

Doing a search for your laughable contradictions takes seconds, actually.  Like this for example, from a few days ago...

Quote:
Im done with the boards for a lil {Even though Dizzy is tempting me to respond,but whatever}.... peace to all

Only took me 45 seconds  
The temptations got me.. what can I say???
I was gonna take some time off but I have gotten a GNr rejuventation over the past few days. So Im excited to talk about GNR again. SOrry to rain on your parade.

Keep up the good work soldier, Im off to class....catch you latas

Instead of worrying about my contradictions...go analzye Slashs' contradictions...
Slash is always saying how hes not interested in new gnr and how he doesnt give two shits about them, and doesnt know anything about it, etc,etc
/ Yet he knows that they have only a handful of vocal tracks down...and ladies and gentlemen...HE KNOWS IT FOR A FACT.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 11:41:36 AM by younggunner » Logged

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2004, 11:39:25 AM »

younggunner/BF: your last posts don't bring anything to the thread. Who cares if younggunner said he would leave and then came back? It has nothing to do with the topic. You can talk about that in PMs if that's really important to you, or there's still The Jungle section for Off-Topic threads. Thanx. peace

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2004, 11:42:32 AM »

my initial response to him was all on topic..then as usual Booker made it a non topic debate....

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2004, 11:45:01 AM »

You mean three 4-second clips?  No, I wouldnt call that definitive proof that theyre studio clips...Could just as well be clean studioboard [you mean soundboard, right?] recordings. (...)
Believe those second-long clips are studio ones if it makes you feel better, but theres no certainty there.
Dude, you're so wrong. Any musician (or someone who really have a good ear) can tell you the difference. Yes, theres certainty there. It's studio clips. The Finck's intro in Chinese Democracy sounds different than any other live version. It's not about audio quality between soundboard source and bootleg source, it's the fuckin' guitar sound as the whole. Axl sounds way better in those clips too. Even Madagascar and The Blues sound different.
I don't want to discuss about Slash being a liar, I guess he's sources couldn't hear the final CD mix and only heard some demos without vocals. I don't label him as a liar. But claim that is no proof that this clip is studio clips is far away from the truth. Try to listen to Live Era and AFD and come back here telling you can't notice the difference between the live ones and the studio ones!  ok

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2004, 12:00:23 PM »

For all these slash fans that think its ok that slash says all this bullshit about Axl, I don?t want to hear any of you crying when Axl starting talking negatively about slash and duff.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: