Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:39:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash says that Axl only has a couple of songs with vocals on it
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash says that Axl only has a couple of songs with vocals on it  (Read 69278 times)
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2004, 01:40:43 PM »

^^

Just another sunday and crash diet were never offical released so does that mean those tracks do not have vocals?   rofl

The interviewer asked axl outright if oh my god was the only song with vocals and here is what brian may said.

MAH: Now this is really interesting because there has been so much speculation about this new album, 'Chinese Democracy' (potentially it's called) and there are many, many people who've spoken to journalists, who've played with Axl over a number of years now, who have laid claims recently that the only one track that Axl has ever laid down a vocal part for is 'Oh My God' but you're saying that there are more vocal parts then?

BM: Oh yeah, there's a whole album of vocal parts. In fact, there's two albums worth that they've got there, at least. They played me everything. Axl actually sat down and made me listen to everything (laughs) and there's some wonderful stuff there
Alright Dave, you've proved that Brian May said that, but that's all you've proven. Now prove all those tracks really do exist. You can't.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2004, 01:43:20 PM »

Now prove all those tracks really do exist. You can't.

Why don't you prove they don't exist?

Are you gonna quote Slash?  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2004, 01:45:48 PM »

/jarmo

Thats a good one Jarmo!!!  ok

Looks like he got you there providman!!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2004, 01:55:39 PM »

Here's what Slash says: "I don't know any more than you do," Slash says of Chinese Democracy. "There's only a couple of songs with vocals on it -- I know that for a fact. But it will come out one of these days."

Roll Eyes

Fucks sake

How would Slash know?

Thats absurd. Slash should talk less about Axl and more about his new band.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2004, 01:58:37 PM »

BM: Oh yeah, there's a whole album of vocal parts. In fact, there's two albums worth that they've got there, at least. They played me everything. Axl actually sat down and made me listen to everything (laughs) and there's some wonderful stuff there

Does it mean that there are complete songs? It means only recorded vocal ideas, but no word if there is music with vocals, or only vocal ideas.  Huh

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2004, 02:01:25 PM »

/jarmo

Thats a good one Jarmo!!!  ok

Looks like he got you there providman!!
I don't think so. You can't "prove" a negative. I've had this argument before, just like I can't "prove" that bigfoot doesn't exist. I'll give you another example. If I were to believe that giant green lizard people exist at the center of the earth, & you disagreed, how could you prove it that they don't?
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2004, 02:05:14 PM »

You can prove a negative wrong. If you can prove that the songs exist, then you can prove if songs dont exist. Its just that in this situation you cant because they do infact exist.
madagas
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2004, 02:10:58 PM »

Providman is every bit as big a Slash nut swinger as any of his alleged Axllites. He's full of shit and bitterness...it is consistent and sad to read. That being said, I guess Axl didn't play David Wild from Rolling Stone 12 songs (only one of which was an instrumental-Oklahoma) in Dec 99? Right providman, David Wild lied as well? Just made up shit....the whole Rolling Stone article was a lie. In any case, whether or not Axl has recorded 6 songs with vocals or 60...what good does it do us? We can't hear them and maybe never will. He has released one original studio song in 13 years. The hard cold facts are downright ugly.  Grin
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 09:28:39 AM by madagas » Logged
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2004, 02:11:48 PM »

I ... believe that giant green lizard people exist at the center of the earth.....

Thank God!!! I thought only I believed that! Grin
Anyway, their leader, K'grqing J'zz'yrrex, came to me in a dream and told me that Axl took a trip to the Holy Core on the submarine studio and played "General" and "Leave Me Alone".  They had vocals, but not in English.  The recorded portions are in Esperanto, for Axl wants hormony between all nations, men, and lizard people.

Seriously, this argument is moot.  There's what appears to be a great deal of evidence that Slash is wrong, but he would most likely have better contacts in the biz than ANY of us.
Who the fuck knows?

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2004, 02:14:03 PM »

You can prove a negative wrong. If you can prove that the songs exist, then you can prove if songs dont exist. Its just that in this situation you cant because they do infact exist.

You're right. If proof exists that something exisits, then you can prove a negative wrong, in that case. However, no proof exists that Axl has 3-4 albums with vocals complete, & just because Brian May said so 4 years ago isn't proof, just like Slash saying there's only a couple of songs with vocals isn't proof of anything, either.
Choosing to belive something someone said is not necessarily proof, pro or con, of anything.
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2004, 02:24:16 PM »

Providman is every bit as big a Slash nut swinger as any of his alleged Axllites. He's full of shit and bitterness...it is consistent and sad to read. That being said, I guess Axl didn't play David Wild from Rolling Stone 12 songs (only one of which was an instrumental-Oklahoma) in Dec 99? Right providman, David Wild lied as well? Just made up shit....the whole Rolling Stone article was a lie. In any case, whether or not Axl has recorded 6 songs with vocals or 60...what good does it do us? We can't hear them and maybe never will. He has released one original studio song in 13 years. The hard cold facts are downright ugly. Providman, your still a jackass though. Grin

So now you people are going back 5 years to make your idiotic points?

You Axl people are pretty funny calling other who don't share your views bitter. You all seem so angry all the time. So much misdierected anger. Tell me madagas, does it kill you too that VR is really doing well while Axl just keeps floundering?

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2004, 02:24:29 PM »

You're right. If proof exists that something exisits, then you can prove a negative wrong, in that case. However, no proof exists that Axl has 3-4 albums with vocals complete, & just because Brian May said so 4 years ago isn't proof, just like Slash saying there's only a couple of songs with vocals isn't proof of anything, either.
Choosing to belive something someone said is not necessarily proof, pro or con, of anything.

True, but I think I'm gonna keep siding with the fact that Axl has vocal tracks on a lot of songs, not necessarily 2 albums worth, because everyone who has heard them say that there is vocals recorded. Slash is one of the only people who say there isnt, and he has nothing to do with that band, so I think its safe to say that there is vocal tracks recorded on most, if not all, songs they have chosen to record.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2004, 02:32:48 PM »

It's not meaningless. He was just telling to Booker how the "studioclips" is, in fact, studio sourced. Didn't saw any mention to CD being finished...
BTW, those studioclips are amazing and sounded fantastic. It means to me that the album can be awesome and it's not possible at all that Axl could have only those songs with vocals. He just took those songs that he will not release as singles to introduce a little bit of the new sound back in 2001. It might be a total different sound right now, but he wouldn't play any more new songs if the album was yet to be released. It means that he has no more finished songs? No fucking way!!  no
This RS article is edited. They didn't put all the things Slash said. Maybe he said something like "There's only a couple of songs with vocals on it but it might be a lot more-- I know that for a fact. But it will come out one of these days." and the guy only put what he wanted.
So, I guess Slash isn't a liar and Axl has a lot of finished tracks and some waiting to the mix.

madagas
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2004, 02:32:59 PM »

zzzzzzzz.... Providman, read my post again, I said nothing positive about Axl. As for Contraband, let's just say it has already been sold to my local used cd store. Listened to it, absorbed it, got bored with it, and sold it. As for Axl, he's done nothing so I won't judge what I have not heard. I will say at least Slash does something. Better to try and be completely average, than to not try at all. As Bill the Butcher would say about you (Providman) and Contraband..."you are neither hot nor cold. Thus, I will spew you out of my mouth." The only known record I care about this year comes out next week.....Wilco "A Ghost Is Born"... Grin
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 09:44:04 AM by madagas » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2004, 02:33:21 PM »

How is it not proof? Like I said, Brian May, Beta, her son, that guy from the RS interview, the people that heard the songs he played for the night club, the wives of the band members, all heard more than two songs with vocals on them. So all these people are lying and only slash is telling the truth?

That is a good one. Now I think I have heard it all.

As for us going back 5 years ago to prove a point, the point is, if 5 years ago he had vocals on all those tracks, that means he has even more vocals done since its many years later. Its simple logic, but slash fans dont use simple logic because it would just  make too much sense.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 02:36:24 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2004, 02:48:33 PM »

Well VR's album was released without any vocals,just  Scott's singing

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2004, 03:07:07 PM »

In my opinion

Slash is probably just saying what he has heard, im sure he is trying to get as much information as he can as to what Axl is up to with the album (there is a reason why he is appearing on BTM with Adler, who has repeatedly sued Axl and Guns to try and get more money, he obviously cant let go. Duff obviously has, refusing to be on BTM and saying in that KNACC interview that hes not really interested). People are probably feeding Slash shit to keep him happy and he is regurgitating that shit to reporters which is getting to us! i mean Axl wouldnt even let him in to one of his gigs i dont think he is going to let Slash or any of the ex members know what is going on! Its got to be rumors, like everything with GnR these days.

As for Axl having limited vocal tracks done, its obviously crap, granted vocals are the last thing to be added as your putting together a song, but there have been numerous reports from numerous people that he has got vocals recorded and you cannot go this long without laying down a vocal track, even Axl on his own timescale would have gotten pissed off!!!! People seem to be fogetting that we dont actually know how many songs Axl has for the album or even albums (it better be bloody albums). He could have loads of songs recorded! There is no way the record company would let him get away without putting vocals on tracks. At least some of the albums are done, Axl is most probably mixing together the final one or in the worst case scenario going over all the stuff that has been recorded by other producers, messing it all up until he is 100% happy with what he is hearing, which as we know could take bloody ages.

The boston promos, they soundlike studio clips to me (drums are way to clean). If they were cleaned up soundboards they would have had to have been thrown together in a hurry, and i dont know where and when Axl would have approved them, they would have been taken from the 2002 N American tour yeah (best soundboard, only something like 7 of them in the world), which started on Nov 8th now if your gonna advertise for a show that takes place on 2nd December, you start advertising weeks in advance. Maybe someone can tell me when the advertising first aired, i dont know cos i live in the UK? What im trying to say is, it seems highly unlikely that Axl or management would suddenly go midtour, 'oh lets advertise for boston with some of the new songs, hmmm shall we get the finished studio cuts or polish up some soundboards, oh wait not much time to do that we only have 20 or so days to sort something out. We will have to get someone to cut it together, polish up the tracks, to much hassle, lets just use the studio tracks' and there is the fact that Axl didnt exactly sound anything like he does on those advertisments at the begining of the 2002 tour, he was sounding awsome towards the end: Pittsburgh soundboard anyone?

Its to much hassle to throw something together like that in such a small space of time, we all know how much of a perfectionist Axl is, he would have had to approve it, hence more time taken.

What i want to know is why we are only being treated to these so called B-Sides. What about the real stuff, this amazing stuff that everyone says Axl has locked away, and what about these legalites that need sorting. Something is stopping Axl putting out the album, maybe he cant put them out so is stuck sitting around tinckering with the tracks waiting for whatever the situation is to be resolved!

Jonx
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 03:19:49 PM by Jonx » Logged
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2004, 03:07:44 PM »

As if any of you ass-clowns knows whether it's true or not.

So now you people are going back 5 years to make your idiotic points?

Why do people who think differently have to be "ass clowns" and "idiots". I don't remember Slash "fans" being bashed/name called like that on that board. You can like whoever you like in the band, you can hate Slash, you can hate Axl, who the fuck cares. Just don't call others ass clowns because they think differently.

And yes there is proof, unless you want to call Brian May a liar. He's said in the past that he has heard at least one album worth of material with vocals. If I'm not mistaken, there's an audio of that interview on newgnr.com (it might be a different interview though).

RumJungle
Opening Act

I make my livin "Killing Time" W. Axl Rose

« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2004, 03:11:19 PM »

After going back a reading the interview I think that is what he ment to RumJungle, but didn't GN'R have like 12 songs done when Slash was still in the band such as This is Love . I think I remember reading that some were.Any waywelcome to the board RumJungle ok

Thanks Timothy.  I think any songs written while slash was still in the band are probable long gone by now.  But you never know.  

out  peace

What do we need?  Where do we go?  When we get where we dont know.
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2004, 03:11:47 PM »

Providman is a moron -

Brian May- a legend -  has actually been in the studio with Axl and worked on the new CD.

Slash- a has been- has not been anywhere near the project since the day he realized he wasnt good enough for guns n roses and he left.  

Slash should keep his mouth shut, so should providman -

Maybe providman is Slash
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: