Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:43:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash says that Axl only has a couple of songs with vocals on it
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash says that Axl only has a couple of songs with vocals on it  (Read 69280 times)
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2004, 12:19:43 PM »

If there's one thing I've learned reading this board is to never underestimate the utter stupidity of the die-hard Axl worshiper. So now you're all crying because Slash says he knows that only a couple songs have vocal completed. As if any of you ass-clowns knows whether it's true or not. Then you take those innocuous little comments to twist them to fit your ill-informed opinions of Slash, such as pointing out that this "proves" what a liar Slash is.

Well if Slash says there's only a few songs with vocals, & says he knows it for a fact, that's good enough for me. He's in the business, he knows people noone here would know, what does he gain by lying? I'll take his word any day over you people, & you too, Mysteron. You would post the moon is made of green cheese if that's what "Managament" told you.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2004, 12:22:58 PM »

It's pretty fun how slash says that he is over the GN'R thing but he can't stop talking about GN'R. All he has to do is tell the Interviewer that he will not answer any GN'R ?. And I really doubt that he has a fucking clue as to what Axl has and doen't have.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
questdex
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2004, 12:23:24 PM »

For all these slash fans that think its ok that slash says all this bullshit about Axl, I don?t want to hear any of you crying when Axl starting talking negatively about slash and duff.

lets see, slash says good luck, guns was great at one time, and the obvious, CD isn't near being done.

axl says , suck  my dick, your a liar, your an albotross, your albums suck, ect ect ect/////who is badmouthing who?

wow, some of you are just blind.
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2004, 12:27:32 PM »

Yeah right! The "when" Axl starts talking badly about the other guys... hihi
Please! That's all that comes out of his mouth for pete's sake..LOL this is too funny
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2004, 12:34:10 PM »

For all these slash fans that think its ok that slash says all this bullshit about Axl, I don?t want to hear any of you crying when Axl starting talking negatively about slash and duff.

lets see, slash says good luck, guns was great at one time, and the obvious, CD isn't near being done.

axl says , suck  my dick, your a liar, your an albotross, your albums suck, ect ect ect/////who is badmouthing who?

wow, some of you are just blind.

Why do you expect someone to act intelligent and civilized if he's unable to do that?

I like the 'excuse' of the most arrogant and narrow-minded people: 'Well, it's me, like it or not, I say what I think, so fuck off'. I admire Axl as a musician, he used to be my idol, but he's not for years. And it's because his personality that comes through his words and actions.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2004, 12:34:23 PM »

Yes, Voodochild, I meant soundboard.

Dude, you're so wrong.

I didnt say it was one or the other, but face it - the clips are merely seconds long.  Theres talking over much of them.  Theres no telling what their origins are.

But claim that is no proof that this clip is studio clips is far away from the truth.

Until CD is out there, there is no proof.  You can assume and speculate...you might possibly be right.  But you certainly cant prove anything.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2004, 12:46:08 PM »

There is no possiblity of being wrong, those are defiantly studio clips. Listen to the guitar at the beginning of Chinese Democracy, theres no talking there, and it sounds like its in the studio, and it sounds totally different than the guitar live. Listen to the studio clip and then listen to it live, totally different. If you cant tell the difference between a live and studio track then you have problems.

Get your ears checked.
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2004, 12:47:42 PM »

What it all comes down to is it KILLS you axl-worshiping nitwits to see Slash & co do well without Axl. It really, really bothers you, don't it?
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2004, 12:52:19 PM »

There is no possiblity of being wrong, those are defiantly studio clips. Listen to the guitar at the beginning of Chinese Democracy, theres no talking there, and it sounds like its in the studio, and it sounds totally different than the guitar live. Listen to the studio clip and then listen to it live, totally different. If you cant tell the difference between a live and studio track then you have problems.

Get your ears checked.

Hip Hip Hurray! You "proved" there's actually :30 worth of studio recorded material. Chinese Democracy Starts Now!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2004, 12:57:45 PM »

Until CD is out there, there is no proof.  You can assume and speculate...you might possibly be right.  But you certainly cant prove anything.
But we can prove it's not live, so it only can be studio. Wink

RumJungle
Opening Act

I make my livin "Killing Time" W. Axl Rose

« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2004, 12:58:29 PM »

Come on people,  Slash is talkin about the songs GnR played live.  That is the only new material that Slash or anyone for that matter "knows for a fact" has vocals. Im pretty sure thats all he meant.  Dont read into it so much, and stop bickering.

Hey Im new here,  Im just excited that there is so much happening that is GnR related.  I think we'll be hearing Axls vocals pretty soon.

out  peace

What do we need?  Where do we go?  When we get where we dont know.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2004, 01:04:39 PM »

After going back a reading the interview I think that is what he ment to RumJungle, but didn't GN'R have like 12 songs done when Slash was still in the band such as This is Love . I think I remember reading that some were.Any waywelcome to the board RumJungle ok

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2004, 01:11:02 PM »

Get your ears checked.

Hip Hip Hurray! You "proved" there's actually :30 worth of studio recorded material. Chinese Democracy Starts Now!
You know that Axl couldn't put like only 10s vocals in each track just to make a radio promo, right?  rant

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2004, 01:14:02 PM »

I doubt it. Why do you think that those were the only songs they were playing live. Probably b/c they were a few of the songs that were done being recorded with instruments AND vocals.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2004, 01:15:42 PM »

If there's one thing I've learned reading this board is to never underestimate the utter stupidity of the die-hard Axl worshiper. So now you're all crying because Slash says he knows that only a couple songs have vocal completed. As if any of you ass-clowns knows whether it's true or not. Then you take those innocuous little comments to twist them to fit your ill-informed opinions of Slash, such as pointing out that this "proves" what a liar Slash is.

Well if Slash says there's only a few songs with vocals, & says he knows it for a fact, that's good enough for me. He's in the business, he knows people noone here would know, what does he gain by lying? I'll take his word any day over you people, & you too, Mysteron. You would post the moon is made of green cheese if that's what "Managament" told you.

Of coarse it?s good enough for you what ever slash says, because eventho slash is proven liar, time and time again certain fans will believe anything he says.  Even this new lie that Axl only has two songs done with vocals.   Its pretty funny considering like I said Brian May already said in 2000 that Axl had 2 or 3 albums done with vocals, plus Axl played those songs for that night club with vocals, plus beta, her son and the band members wives have all heard completed songs with vocals.  So slash who is not even in the band knows more than these people that have heard songs with vocals on them? Now that is stupid.  So you are going to take the word of a proven liar over people that have heard the material and not just taking yet another stab at Axl?  As for us twisting anything, how are we twisting anything slash says to make him out to be a liar? He does that all by himself, just look at his contradictory comments and the bullshit he makes up.

Btw assclown? Can't you make a point with out calling someone a name?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2004, 01:18:39 PM »

Get your ears checked.

You know that Axl couldn't put like only 10s vocals in each track just to make a radio promo, right?  rant

Realllly?j/k.

My point was he was getting all hot & bothered to "prove" something that was pretty meaningless.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2004, 01:21:37 PM »

I wasnt getting all hot and bothered. I was just stating how it was so easy to tell that those are studio clips.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2004, 01:22:49 PM »

^

yeah but if axl took a shot at last in an interview like this, there would be a thread with 20 pages on it calling axl an asshole and all of that

Just like when he talked about how duff used to have panic attacks, axl got bashed left and right on this board for that comment.  

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2004, 01:23:13 PM »

Of coarse it?s good enough for you what ever slash says, because eventho slash is proven liar, time and time again certain fans will believe anything he says.  Even this new lie that Axl only has two songs done with vocals.   Its pretty funny considering like I said Brian May already said in 2000 that Axl had 2 or 3 albums done with vocals, plus Axl played those songs for that night club with vocals, plus beta, her son and the band members wives have all heard completed songs with vocals.  So slash who is not even in the band knows more than these people that have heard songs with vocals on them? Now that is stupid.  So you are going to take the word of a proven liar over people that have heard the material and not just taking yet another stab at Axl?  As for us twisting anything, how are we twisting anything slash says to make him out to be a liar? He does that all by himself, just look at his contradictory comments and the bullshit he makes up.

Btw assclown? Can't you make a point with out calling someone a name?

Hey Dave, let's start a character assassination on Brian May, he made those comments 4 years ago, where's the proof? He must be a fucking lying scumbag because surely if it was ready 4 years ago it would of been out by now right?
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2004, 01:27:54 PM »

^^

Just another sunday and crash diet were never offical released so does that mean those tracks do not have vocals?   rofl

The interviewer asked axl outright if oh my god was the only song with vocals and here is what brian may said.

MAH: Now this is really interesting because there has been so much speculation about this new album, 'Chinese Democracy' (potentially it's called) and there are many, many people who've spoken to journalists, who've played with Axl over a number of years now, who have laid claims recently that the only one track that Axl has ever laid down a vocal part for is 'Oh My God' but you're saying that there are more vocal parts then?

BM: Oh yeah, there's a whole album of vocal parts. In fact, there's two albums worth that they've got there, at least. They played me everything. Axl actually sat down and made me listen to everything (laughs) and there's some wonderful stuff there
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 01:33:44 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: