Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 11:30:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227983 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Will Gnr play the VMAs this year?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Gnr play the VMAs this year?  (Read 16273 times)
estranged.1098
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2004, 09:19:20 PM »

MTV asked Guns N' Roses last year, this year, and they will ask every year for as long as Axl Rose is in Guns N' Roses, because whether you liked their performance or not, Guns N' Roses gives the VMA's much more publicity than Velvet Revolver or other bands you can think of ever will.
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2004, 10:04:56 PM »

Axl and his band may play but GnR won't because Slash and Duff will be playin somewhere with velvet revolver. (I know I am asking to be bombarded with "it's still GnR)  Wink

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
estranged.1098
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2004, 10:13:37 PM »

Axl and his band may play but GnR won't because Slash and Duff will be playin somewhere with velvet revolver. (I know I am asking to be bombarded with "it's still GnR)  Wink

Why do you even bother?  Roll Eyes
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2004, 12:01:10 AM »

IF gnr appeared on the VMAs it would be huge once again and it would dwarf any appearance by VR.

That's right Dave, if GnR did this,   if GnR did that....., blah blah blah blah blah, you've been saing this same shit for years now.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2004, 02:04:47 AM »

IF gnr appeared on the VMAs it would be huge once again and it would dwarf any appearance by VR.

That's right Dave, if GnR did this,? ?if GnR did that....., blah blah blah blah blah, you've been saing this same shit for years now.

And its all true.
Gnr played the VMAs a few years ago and it was HUGE.
So what do you have to say about that?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2004, 09:08:18 AM »

no it would make Axl look stupid for using the GN'R name when most of the GN'R members the audience knows of plays in VR...(besides, I think the MTV-junkies will be more excited about seeing a band they've heard about, and a band that is current, VR, than some eighties band that they've only heard the name of...)
and Dave, you have NO idea whether the music will be better than anything VR has made so just drop those stupid comments.
based on wild speculations, Silkworms and bad live recordings of Rhiad (pretty much the same reasons as dave), I really think, in theory, that the album Chinese Democracy will suck...waaaaait, what am I talking about? an album?? rofl

and NO, I can not see Axl appearing on the VMAs again so soon. I don't think he should do it either, maybe if the album came out like a month later, but otherwise, nah.

Yes I know if the music on CD is going to be better than what is on contraband judging by the songs we have already heard from the new gnr. The new gnr songs are better than what contraband has put out, so with those songs alone? the new gnr stuff is already better than contraband. And those songs are not even the "big guns".?

If gnr are going to be touring next year in Jan and have the album out by then, Axl would be smart to play the VMAs and give out the releases date at the endd of the song.

half of Axls new songs are on level with Contraband. Silkworms, are ten steps below it, Oh My God is better, but not as good as anything on Contraband, Rhiad can be a decent studio song, not great, but anyways it sucks live!!

big guns?
touring in January??
album out by then???

are you awake dave...?? Im a little worried about you.. Undecided

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2004, 12:31:40 PM »

I don't think anything on contraband compares favorably to oh my god or chinese democracy. perhaps rhiad is a good comparison.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2004, 01:50:28 PM »

no it would make Axl look stupid for using the GN'R name when most of the GN'R members the audience knows of plays in VR...(besides, I think the MTV-junkies will be more excited about seeing a band they've heard about, and a band that is current, VR, than some eighties band that they've only heard the name of...)
and Dave, you have NO idea whether the music will be better than anything VR has made so just drop those stupid comments.
based on wild speculations, Silkworms and bad live recordings of Rhiad (pretty much the same reasons as dave), I really think, in theory, that the album Chinese Democracy will suck...waaaaait, what am I talking about? an album?? rofl

and NO, I can not see Axl appearing on the VMAs again so soon. I don't think he should do it either, maybe if the album came out like a month later, but otherwise, nah.

Yes I know if the music on CD is going to be better than what is on contraband judging by the songs we have already heard from the new gnr. The new gnr songs are better than what contraband has put out, so with those songs alone? the new gnr stuff is already better than contraband. And those songs are not even the "big guns".?

If gnr are going to be touring next year in Jan and have the album out by then, Axl would be smart to play the VMAs and give out the releases date at the endd of the song.

half of Axls new songs are on level with Contraband. Silkworms, are ten steps below it, Oh My God is better, but not as good as anything on Contraband, Rhiad can be a decent studio song, not great, but anyways it sucks live!!

big guns?
touring in January??
album out by then???

I am awake just fine, and you can say that silkworms is not better than anything off of contraband, but oh my god, cd, maddy, the blues and riyadh are all better pretty much everything on contraband.

The blues and maddy are better than anything off of contraband and id take cd, riyadh and oh my god over any rockers on contraband.

I heard contraband twice on that mtv stream and the songs they play on the radio, they are just not that good cept for a few songs.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
TK1
Headliner

« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2004, 02:48:33 PM »

I'm not sure about riyadh.  I just can't seem to get into that song.  I do love Maddy and the Blues, but really think YGNR and LTA are really just as good.  I'm really anxious to hear some more aggressive songs from Axl.  Really, 'Oh My God' and 'Chinese Democracy' are the only 2 somewhat heavier songs and I think VR has some better, hard rocking songs.  But, let's wait and see what all Axl has to offer before we really compare....

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2004, 04:42:28 PM »

If GNR has the chance to play the VMA's, (which is highly unlikely), I'd prefer them play something new.?

The songs mentioned in this thread are all at least 3, four or 5 years old and hopefully, (less CD) have long been forgotten by Axl and put on the shelf where they belong.?

Does the world need quiver lipped buttrock like Maddy and The Blues or unfinished demo's like Rhiad or Silkworms?

I don't think so..

« Last Edit: July 31, 2004, 08:37:00 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2004, 05:55:15 PM »

Quote from: dave-gnfnr2k link=topic=14113.msg248083#msg248083
And its all true.
[quote
Yeah it was but how many times can Axl come out play the old songs and maybe one new one? I am sure MTV seen GnR touring in 02 and though the ball for CD was rolling and coming out, But the way the tour ended and no news on CD, MTV wont be asking them back unless there is a scheduled release date

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Butch Français
Legend

ss
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2004, 10:15:31 PM »

big guns?
touring in January??
album out by then???

I am awake just fine, and you can say that silkworms is not better than anything off of contraband, but oh my god, cd, maddy, the blues and riyadh are all better pretty much everything on contraband.

The blues and maddy are better than anything off of contraband and id take cd, riyadh and oh my god over any rockers on contraband.

I heard contraband twice on that mtv stream and the songs they play on the radio, they are just not that good cept for a few songs.

well then, of course, we have different tastes, but ok, let's go through this.
chinese democracy is probably on the same level as some of the rockers on Contraband.
Madagascar(why do you guys call it Maddy? it sounds stupid) and the Blues are probably as good as YGNR and FTP.....and knowing Axl and the weight he puts into songs like that in studio, they are probably gonna turn out better than the slow VR songs, cos thats Axls expertise.
and right now, Im expecting Axls rockers to be just as good as VRs rockers, cos let's face it, the genr? we thought VR had nothing to do in, balladlike songs, turned out to be better than anyone would have ever thought!
and now Im kinda expecting that Axl put out an album filled with smash hits like Madagascar and rockers justa as good, or better, than Contraband.....but is he gonna pull through? and is the album ever coming out??
I say NO! I hope with all my soul that it will....but I just can't see it happening!(if it happened id would be the greatest thing ever though). but......well, I can'e see it ever coming out.
fuck GN'R; I have John fuckin' Frusciante, the biggest musical genious walking this planet as my musical saviour these days. that man is truly a genious, I wish Axl would collaborate with him on something, but I can't see that happening, I don't think Axl would dare to do it.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Layne420
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2004, 12:42:33 AM »

MTV asked Guns N' Roses last year, this year, and they will ask every year for as long as Axl Rose is in Guns N' Roses, because whether you liked their performance or not, Guns N' Roses gives the VMA's much more publicity than Velvet Revolver or other bands you can think of ever will.

Yeah espically for the Rock in Rio shows they make headlines for that. Although  I rather see The Darkness on this one  ok it's time to bring something fresh maybe kurt loader won't look so depress at this year vmas.

When there's no more water left
And no more air in our breath
What will this earth be worth?
Do you want war or peace?
Blood for oil greed
Won't feed, won't the hunger our need

FLOW
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2004, 03:41:19 AM »

MTV - VIDEO Music Awards

How about the New GN'R makes a music video before you start talking about them being on the show again.  The last time was a "suprise performance" type of deal.  Why would they have the same band back for the VMAs when they don't even have any music videos?
Slashisthebest
Headliner

Best Record Ever Made, Plain and Simple!

« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2004, 05:15:13 PM »

No way. MTV will not trot them back out there until they have some kind of music out that is popular and would dictate doing so. The whole shock value with no product thing has been done already.....so I wouldn't count on seeing them again. Also, they will never be able to recapture the magic of 2002 anyway, so MTV is not going to put them out there until there is reason to. 2002 was done as there had been tremendous curiosity as to what Axl had assembled, now people have seen it and are just waiting....which to many people has worn thin, so I don't think we'll be seeing that again.

Dude, MTV put GNR on in 2002 they had no clue what Axl was going to play.  I think that MTV will be happy to help bring back the greatest hard rock band of all time.  No matter what MTV will be a part of some publicity stunt to help GNR.  I dont think that they will play the VMA's.  It would be too early for GNR to release a new single for a november/december album.

I think that it would be awesome though if Velvet Revolver played at the VMA's.

Slashisthebest

Top Hat + Bottle of Jack + Les Paul + Marshall Jubilee Stack = Slash
estranged.1098
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2004, 12:11:09 AM »

I think that it would be awesome though if Velvet Revolver played at the VMA's.

Hum.. I don't think that's gonna happen.

http://heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1115
badapple81
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2004, 12:31:33 AM »

I don't think they will play this year, but if we do have a release around the end of the year or early 2005, we'll definately see them next year, picking up their awards  Grin
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2004, 01:41:57 PM »

That's right Dave, if GnR did this,? ?if GnR did that....., blah blah blah blah blah, you've been saing this same shit for years now.

And its all true.

I'd say you're , as usual, living in the world of fantasy & make-believe.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: