Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:25:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What would you give to have the REAL GnFnR reunite?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What would you give to have the REAL GnFnR reunite?  (Read 25161 times)
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« on: August 10, 2004, 11:47:17 PM »

Looking for absurd suggestions as to what you would do to have the real band reunite. That's Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy with matt or steven. And please no answers like "the real band is together with fortus and Brain" or stuff like that.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Lourenco
Rocker

lourencovc.com

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 11:58:05 PM »

I would love to see Izzy back in Guns... as for Slash and Duff I wouldn't even give 1 dollar...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 12:13:07 AM »

Nothing. I like the old and the new band, but I already bought the original cds - and that's enough money.   hihi

Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 12:20:06 AM »

I would give my space quest floppy disk collection  Grin
SlashFan
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004, 12:28:31 AM »

I would love to see Izzy back in Guns... as for Slash and Duff I wouldn't even give 1 dollar...

Well it wouldn't be a reunited band if it wasn't Axl,Slash,Duff,Izzy,or Steven wasn't in the band,I could care less if Dizzy was in the band at all tho.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 12:33:56 AM »

i dont want them to reunite yet

i want to see what this new band has, if they flop or something maybe....

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 01:14:25 AM »

A reunion now, with all that's been said and done by both parties, would just seem hollow. I still need to hear a full record from the New band until I can decide whether or not to pine for a reunion.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2004, 01:19:35 AM »

I could think of a few things, but it doesn't seem polite to make mention of them here Smiley  Hehe.  Okay okay, enough about that. 

Wow... I would love to see what Axl and his 2004 band has in store for us in a few months time (dreamin', I know!).  In the meantime, I am looking forward to seeing Tommy in September.  Leave the past in the past.  What good is it to try and re-create something that will never be?  GnR was a very explosive band, even from the very beginning... be grateful that it lasted as long as it did.  And uhhh yeah, that's about it!
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2004, 01:26:38 AM »

Fuck the old band.
Slash and duff are assholes.
Just get BH back.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2004, 01:31:21 AM »

people that say slash and duff are assholes make me sick. they never said anything bad about axl untill he bashed them in that press release. that said i like the new band, but i would give like, a weeks pay to see them reunite

poop
SLCPUNK
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2004, 01:56:45 AM »

Fuck the old band.
Slash and duff are assholes.
Just get BH back.

Axl does post here!

hihi
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2004, 01:59:58 AM »

people that say slash and duff are assholes make me sick. they never said anything bad about axl untill he bashed them in that press release. that said i like the new band, but i would give like, a weeks pay to see them reunite

You have to be kidding me, for years slash and duff have been talking shit about? Axl while Axl was not in the spotlight.
some of you really need to get a clue. You really should go read some of slash and duffs interviews from 96-1999.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2004, 02:07:19 AM »

You have to be kidding me, for years slash and duff have been talking shit about? Axl while Axl was not in the spotlight.

this is true. 

I really dont want the old band to reunite right now cause i want to see this new band and CD maybe in ten years I would like to see a reunion or something,

peace  peace

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2004, 02:29:31 AM »

The reason we're all here is the old band. The music everyone loves was made by the old band. Hence, I can't think of any rational reason we wouldn't want to see them play together again. Wanting to hear a record from the new band is fine, but just calling it GNR doesn't make it GNR. I hope before I die I get to see the original 5 back on stage together as they are responsible for all of the GNR music I love. Axl may in the future release great music, but it will never be the same as seeing Slash soloing in his top hat with Axl sitting at the piano.....or hearing that opening intro to SCOM with Axl swaying in the background. I would give my left arm(figuritively, not literally)to see that just one more time and something tells me deep down so would everyone on this board who is big enough to realize a reunion wouldn't have to mean new GNR was a flop, but just a side project until the original 5 got their heads on straight. Because no matter what happens from here until the end of time, GNR will always go down as Axl, SLash, Duff, Izzy and Steve. They will always be known for Appetite, and we would all have been better for hearing them tear through it one more time.
SADIS
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2004, 02:38:54 AM »

I would give almost anything to see that (front row that is). One show with Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and STEVEN.

Could you imagine the intro of SCOM, or WTTJ and then you'd see Slash playing and Axl screaming. Ending with PC. Man, that is one of the things I definetly want to see before I die. They'd play ALL their songs, including 14 years and Dust N Bones......

Hell yeah, I'd give as much as I could to see that once again......but I know it will never, ever happen again.....too bad...
FragileVision
Opening Act

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2004, 04:30:01 AM »

I dunno. I really want to hear what the new band has before any 'reunion' talks start going on.

It would definitely be cool to see the original band reunite... - No Matt or Dizzy though, just the original 5.

I tried to see it your way...
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2004, 04:44:44 AM »

Absolutely fuck all, they decided to piss off and matt is just a complete twat. I dont see how Axl has been blamed over the years for killing the band. He had a vision and wanted to take the band on, but the others seemed quite content to do bugger all. I say fair play to Axl for building this new band and lets see what they can do! Its their turn!

willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2004, 05:47:51 AM »

it's not what I want as a GNR fan, but given the oppertunity I would go. Again not what I want.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2004, 05:52:35 AM »

Fuck the " nu band " its done fuck all to impress me!

a supposed band that does nothing  is not really exciting is it?
Whos in the `band` these days? do u really know?
Is axl even in the band?

Look the bottom line of ALL this big fiasco is AXL fucked up big time.
Its as simple as this, if axl didnt use the guns n roses name for his solo effort, he wouldnt have the huge pressure from the media and fans. If he used his own name, something like ` axl and the cornblowers` he probably would have had 1 or 2 records out by now.

And as for this topic, the only reunion you are gonna get, at least till axl gets rid of the people around him and comes back down to earth is Velvet Revolver, like it or hate it, thats what u got.

If a reuinion of the original band was to get together, axl would have to publicly appologise to the original members in an interview or something. Cheesy

-------and time goes by-------
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2004, 06:06:41 AM »

Fuck the " nu band " its done fuck all to impress me!

Phaseone

Why are you even coming on this site if that is what you think of the new band?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: