Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 07:27:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  new gnr = lack of attitude
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: new gnr = lack of attitude  (Read 12034 times)
VHunknown
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« on: October 15, 2004, 04:33:35 AM »

The reason we all loved old gnr was because of the booze, the ballads, and the badass fuck you attitude they portrayed.? Throughout the life of old gnr, the reason people loved and respected Axl was because he did what he wanted and could care less about what people thought of him.? He simply wrote and performed against the immense expectations of the industry and the fans.? ?Although, after appetite there were huge expectations for gnr to go above and beyond appetite, Axl never let pressure from the industry dictate the way he wrote and produced music.? I believe that this was because he could honestly careless what the industry and fans expected from his music.?

Most of you in here will still say that Axl still could care less about what the fans think.? Evidence of this being the lack of updates concerning the status of new gnr, the cancelled tour, the 9 years he has been working on CD, etc.....? ?See I tend to believe that Axl has lost that confident attitude that drove old GNR. If this was not so, Axl would not be so secretive about his work.? Do you actually think back then Axl would have made a concerted effort to conceal information concerning the production of UYI by paying off members of the band and forcing roadies into confidentiality agreements?? Hell no.? The attitude of old gnr was so far above and beyond those expectations and pressures concerning UYI, that they probably never thought twice to silence people close to the band.?

After 9 years in the making, the stakes for new GNR could not be higher.? Axl most certainly feels the pressure.? The only reason for this, is a change in the way Axl feels people will respond to CD.? It has been said in several interviews that Axl wants CD to be this huge dramatic event.? Do you think old school Axl would care about how huge his next record was going to be?? No.... no damn way.? That is why old gnr kicked major ass.? They could care less who hears their records or comes to their shows.? Look at VR..... there is still the remnants of a "who the hell cares" attitude still alive.? They made that record while Weiland was in rehab and are now putting out videos that are being banned.? That was GNR 15 years ago!? Bottomline: Axl and the new band have lost that hardcore edge that we all love.? Evidence of this is the fact that they are too secretive and concerned about this dramatic even that we keep believing is about to happen.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 05:03:03 AM »

as much as I like the new GN'R, this lack of attitude and this lack of "rock n' roll attitude" is definitely  one of the  weakest point of this band. Exept Richard Fortus who is a Rocker and who has the feeling, the vibe, the rest of the band isn't really "Rock n' Roll". Even Axl has lost a lot of his Rock n' Roll attitude.
Musically they are exellent but the chemistry isn't great.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 05:13:48 AM »

Only my opinion, but I dont think we will know if the new band really lack chemistry until the album is out and they tour like fuck! I personally dont think Axl has lot his Rock n Roll attitude, from watching him in the early nineties and then I saw the new band at Leeds and London in 02 I though Axl was on absolute fire!! I think Buckethead was pretty un rock n roll but the rest of the band were fucking brilliant & I certainly didnt think they lacked chemistry as a unit! Like I said only my opinion, I may be wrong. I hope Im not.

Rocker

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2004, 07:43:46 AM »

as much as I like the new GN'R, this lack of attitude and this lack of "rock n' roll attitude" is definitely  one of the  weakest point of this band. Exept Richard Fortus who is a Rocker and who has the feeling, the vibe, the rest of the band isn't really "Rock n' Roll". Even Axl has lost a lot of his Rock n' Roll attitude.
that's right

Musically they are exellent but the chemistry isn't great.

damn right too
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2004, 08:33:52 AM »

Tommy Stinson = rock n' roll.  Grin

The guy travels across Europe in a little bus just to play. That's rock n' roll.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SADIS
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2004, 08:52:29 AM »

Tommy Stinson = rock n' roll.? Grin

The guy travels across Europe in a little bus just to play. That's rock n' roll.

/jarmo

Yeah, but I think that what the TS means is that the old GNR was a gang. A gang of 5 guys livin' the same fucked up live and would do anything to escape that. It was them against the universe. Sharing dreams and sharing everything they had/owned. And you could feel that and see that from miles away. You felt the connection those guys had and you envyd them because of it.

The new band is like a corporate company, one rich leader who hasn't seen the streets in years and sees the world from his kingdom. There is no unity and there is no gang. Old GNR was just some white trash guys tryin' to make it big, and you could feel/see that in everything they did. The new band is just some 35-40 plus guys with no real goal, beside Axl's. Even VR is more angry and more aggressive and that is what's appealing to them. Nu-GNR is just.....nothing. Just so corporate....
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2004, 09:05:40 AM »

Yeah, VR is really "dangerous".....  Cheesy

You can't recreate your past, so why even try?

For some rock n' roll is the way you dress, you're supposed to do drugs, groupies, swear a lot etc.

It can also be taking chances. Not caring what others think of what you're doing just because you believe in doing it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2004, 09:16:06 AM »

Unless you own a time machine, GnR will never be as "Rock n roll" as they were 16 years ago.
There's a big difference being in your young to mid 20s, poor, pissed off and ambitious.
It's not easy to hold on to that vibe when you reach 40 and have millions of dollars. A handful of bands/artists have held on to it, and I believe GnR can still be very cool and credible in this regard, but they need to prove it in the studio and on stage.

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2004, 09:33:35 AM »

Yeah, but I think that what the TS means is that the old GNR was a gang. A gang of 5 guys livin' the same fucked up live and would do anything to escape that. It was them against the universe. Sharing dreams and sharing everything they had/owned. And you could feel that and see that from miles away. You felt the connection those guys had and you envyd them because of it.

Yeh fair point but the new band are not in their early twenties now, and have already had good musical careers to make them financially secure, which is what the original 5 didn’t have to start with. Well as we all know they had fuck all!

The new band is like a corporate company, one rich leader who hasn't seen the streets in years and sees the world from his kingdom. There is no unity and there is no gang. Old GNR was just some white trash guys tryin' to make it big, and you could feel/see that in everything they did. The new band is just some 35-40 plus guys with no real goal, beside Axl's. Even VR is more angry and more aggressive and that is what's appealing to them. Nu-GNR is just.....nothing. Just so corporate....

How do you know what sort of world Axl sees, and what sort of unity the band has? As I have been told and many others on this message board none of us know what Axl gets up to! Im not trying to just be negative to your post, but none of us know what sort of goal the band have. I for one believe that they all want this so badly and are a very compact unit, but true I don’t know this for sure. Why are VR more aggressive? We havent seen what the new GnR are really gonna be like apart from the few dates in 02 and that was without a new album to back it up! I

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2004, 09:43:15 AM »

I have to say about new gnr is that I don't know enough about them as a group yet to really say this, of course there isn't the same crazyness like as old... I mean things are different just for the fact everyone id playing for an established name and is doing side work before one album.. There was a difference between old n new, old was very hungry because they were living the life of struggling rockers...  New is definetly more layed back, if there was urgency they would have just put something together and released it.. When ever you get soemone in the group that's rich things will be a little less dangerous...

I don't think vr is dangerous at all, but they still have the rock attitude, of course nothing like old gnr... Scott has a sence of danger do to his drugs , arrests, and trying to stay clean, slash still drinks, but it's nothing like it was..

You'll never see the type of axl from the ritz show, but then again he doesn't need to be like that anymore..

As far as looks go in rock, I enjoy basic jeans, leather pants, rock t shirts,etc.. Everything worn during the afd era.. Then jerseys, baggy pants, braides, etc don't do it for me.. I was never big on wardrobe changes through the show.. I saw them in nyc, and axl put on numerous ny team jerseys, just didn't see the need..
SADIS
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2004, 09:51:52 AM »

Yeah, VR is really "dangerous".....? Cheesy

You can't recreate your past, so why even try?

For some rock n' roll is the way you dress, you're supposed to do drugs, groupies, swear a lot etc.

It can also be taking chances. Not caring what others think of what you're doing just because you believe in doing it.

/jarmo

Some people just need to be the boss and need to get theirs. You are one of them, Jarmo. You just can't take the tiniest bit of critic on the Nu-GNR. It makes you look stupid.

I never said VR was/is dangerous, I said they have a certain drive, especially Scott. And THAT'S what makes the "click"/the connection/ the reason it seems logic. The reason it seems to work BETWEEN THEM.

If Axl is believing in what he does and not cares what others think, that's fine by me. But don't call it a band and don't  use the name that was build up by others besides yourself too. It's not a band. It's not a group. It's a company with employees.

And for the people saying you can't say shit about GNR because you don't know shit; We know what they have shown us right? They know how image works and how press works right? They know how the internet works right? They know what effect everything they do and say has, right?

So what I am not allowed then to judge them by what they have given me? "Yeah, Vr has shown us this and that"....Well, Nu-GNR has shown me shit besides a cancelled show, 4 new tracks, a really bad MTV VMA performance, Buckethead leavin', no press, a really bad sung performance, a soulless performance of the old tracks...they have shown me enough to be at least sceptic and form an opinion. I just don't see a band and I think you are pretty ignorant if you are tryin to say that the opinion I have and a lot of other people have is just crap, based on nothing. They sent out this image themselves, so don't be annoyed if not everybody likes it, ok?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2004, 10:05:50 AM »

Some people just need to be the boss and need to get theirs. You are one of them, Jarmo. You just can't take the tiniest bit of critic on the Nu-GNR. It makes you look stupid.

Yeah.... I take it really personally when you say bad things about one of my favorite bands.  Cry

Do you honestly think I give a fuck what you or anybody else thinks about the band?

My only concern is some people who come to this board only to repeat the following: "It's not GN'R, it's not a real band, it's not rock n' roll, it's all Axl's fault, Axl sucks, Axl is a liar, Tommy is a liar, Hahaha it has taken 10 years..." Rewind and repeat.

After reading that kind of shit for a few years, you get kinda tired of it. I don't care if you don't like "Silkworms", I don't care if you hate Tommy Stinson, I don't care if you think Axl should change the band's name and I don't care if you live in the past, just don't clutter this board with all your negativity.

So for all the people who think GN'R ended in the 90s, I suggest you go find another board where they agree with you. It'll make you feel more welcome and it'll make our job here a lot easier.

You're not gonna make the fans here start hating the new band by posting your "facts", the only thing your negativity will do is to annoy people. At some point you've annoyed enough people and then somebody usually gets banned.

Oh, and this wasn't aimed at you personally. It's aimed at anybody who's here for the wrong reasons.

/jarmo

SADIS
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2004, 10:09:01 AM »

Why are VR more aggressive? We havent seen what the new GnR are really gonna be like apart from the few dates in 02 and that was without a new album to back it up! I

More aggressive? They formed and released an album and already did a tour for more than 4 months now. Seems pretty aggresive to me. By aggresive I don't mean they are more rude or punching more people in the head. They are aggresively promoting themselves and their music. They are out there, everywhere. Aggresivly spreading like a virus. It's everywhere.

That's what I meant.
SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2004, 10:24:13 AM »

attitude is for teenagers.

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2004, 10:42:59 AM »

I always like positive attitude. Like, Never give up, fuck the haters!!! rant

I don?t think I?m a big fan of some 35-40 plus guys with the badass fuck you attitude.

If so, I would visit any pubs after football games.
SADIS
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2004, 10:55:17 AM »

My only concern is some people who come to this board only to repeat the following: "It's not GN'R, it's not a real band, it's not rock n' roll, it's all Axl's fault, Axl sucks, Axl is a liar, Tommy is a liar, Hahaha it has taken 10 years..." Rewind and repeat.

After reading that kind of shit for a few years, you get kinda tired of it. I don't care if you don't like "Silkworms", I don't care if you hate Tommy Stinson, I don't care if you think Axl should change the band's name and I don't care if you live in the past, just don't clutter this board with all your negativity.

So for all the people who think GN'R ended in the 90s, I suggest you go find another board where they agree with you. It'll make you feel more welcome and it'll make our job here a lot easier.

You're not gonna make the fans here start hating the new band by posting your "facts", the only thing your negativity will do is to annoy people. At some point you've annoyed enough people and then somebody usually gets banned.

Oh, and this wasn't aimed at you personally. It's aimed at anybody who's here for the wrong reasons.

/jarmo

Not taken personally but.....imagine how it is for someone like me. I love GNR till death, I love Axl, he's my fave singer ever. He's the shit. And with all my best intentions I come here to discuss the things I see and hear. And I discuss my opinion. My opinion is that I don't see a band. I just see the greatest singer ever working with additional musicians. I am allowed to say that right? Without being slagged off as a negative bitch who wasn't got a good word for the NU-GNR.

Tommy seems cool to me. Robin seems like a great guy. I like 'em. I didn't like BH, but he's gone now so..... I think you should see through the lines what somebody is tryin' to say and see what someone post history is if you are gonna put words in their mouths. I never said VR is dangerous; you said that....you were twisting my words around.

In another thread I'm defensing Axl for the fact that he did write alot of GNR material. But that don't mean I like every single thing he does. I understand you're sick and tired of all the people tryin to put the new band down. But there are also ppl who like the new band but have an opinion of them that is not exactly like yours. And it might sound negative, but was never intended to be that way. I like the new GNR. But I don;t see them as a band....
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2004, 11:47:45 AM »

From what I've heard and read, it is a band in the sense that they work together.

Just because they have a leader doesn't mean that they're not a band.

I think that the rest of the band understands that Axl was in GN'R before any of them joined and respect that he's the leader. I also think that Axl listens to what the others say.

Just because Tommy's on tour in Europe and haven't checked what's happening with GN'R in a few weeks, doesn't mean it's not a band. They don't need eight guys in the studio when only one of them is needed there.  Wink

/jarmo

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2004, 11:52:38 AM »

VR are the perfect examples of how you can take some late 30 something/early 40's guys and make them look edgy and classic yet still kind of modern in a rock and roll sense. Axl never has to wear spandex again, but there has to be some middle ground that looks better than being a P. Diddy clone in terms of style.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2004, 11:54:21 AM »

Who wants to see a bunch of 40 year olds trying to act like they are in their 20s?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2004, 11:58:12 AM »

So the attitude is in the clothes you wear?  Huh

Then the Axl of 2002 is just what he's always done.

/jarmo

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: