Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:02:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Adler:AXL Never Had That Much Hair When I Hung Out With Him
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adler:AXL Never Had That Much Hair When I Hung Out With Him  (Read 15370 times)
SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« on: October 17, 2004, 05:29:25 AM »

Former GUNS N' ROSES and current ADLER'S APPETITE drummer Steven Adler recently spoke to "Smart-Ass Midday Goddess" J.D. Page of Worcester, MA's WWFX-FM 100.1 The Fox about his work with GN'R, his cocaine-induced stroke and his current band. Several excerpts from the interview follow:

J.D. Page: I wanna know, just off the bat, so that I don't tread on any sensitive areas. What is the question you are most sick of being asked?

Steven Adler: "Stroke shit. The coke-induced stroke. But that one's getting a little old. That, and 'What's Axl like?' I couldn't even tell anymore. I don't even know the guy."

J.D. Page: He's turned himself into a human quilt.

Steven Adler: "Yeah, he did, didn't he?"

J.D. Page: I mean, look at all the surgery and adjustments and implants and tucks he's had done?

Steven Adler: "I have nothing to say against him except for all I know is he never had that much hair when I hung out with him. But that's alright. Some of us have it, some of us don't."

J.D. Page: Do you find that when people ask you about the stroke, is it out of genuine concern, or is it out of morbid curiosity and they just want the dirt?

Steven Adler: "I think it's half and half. So many people have been so wonderful to me and so nice to me, but I also get the 'Hey, you're all drunk and high' and stuff, because sometimes when I talk I slur a little bit. But that's from the stroke."

J.D. Page: I understand completely. My grandmother had a stroke and she ended up being a complete vegetable, so I think you got off a little lucky.

Steven Adler: "I think I did, too. In fact, I know I did. And I've never been more appreciative of being able to play for people. It's so wonderful. And I appreciate meeting and love meeting everybody I've met."

J.D. Page: That's a complete change from an interview I saw you do back when GUNS N' ROSES was just totally blitzkrieging the entire world.

Steven Adler: "I'm still the same person, but it was a different time."

J.D. Page: You found some lessons, learned the hard way.

Steven Adler: "A lot of lessons, and they were hard lessons, but I made it through it. I never thought I'd make it that far ? most people don't."

J.D. Page: The rock 'n' roll lifestyle took a toll on not just your physical self, but your spiritual, your mental outlook, and have you recovered from it?

Steven Adler: "It's recovered a lot, but you know what? The rock 'n' roll lifestyle is pretty much my whole life anyway. Since I've been 12 years old, I've lived that same life. So nothing really changed except that I made more money. And I didn't have to go to work every morning. I survived, and I'm thankful for what I've done. Even if I never get to play with GN'R again, if we never get back together, I'm just so happy that I had the opportunity in my life to play with them and do the music that I've done."

J.D. Page: You were a part of rock 'n' roll history. That can never be erased.

Steven Adler: "Yeah, I'm OK with that. I mean, I would love to, more than anything, play with the guys, but if God doesn't see it that way, then I'm still glad I did what I did with them. 'Cause they're great, great guys. Slash, especially Izz, and Axl ? the jackass that he is, he's a really wonderful guy. And I love being a part of their lives."

J.D. Page: What do you think of the whole success with VELVET REVOLVER? Have you heard "Contraband"?

Steven Adler: "I've heard it, and I saw them play in Vegas. Anything that Slash and Duff do is gonna be great. They're so cool you can't stop looking at them."

J.D. Page: What about your album? You've got something coming out, don't you?

Steven Adler: "So far, we've got 10 songs down. I want 20-25 songs to be able to pick from, but everything's been going so great, I've been playing so much. My band ? Robbie Crane, Keri Kelli, Brent Muscat, Jizzy Pearl ? I've just been having the greatest time with."

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 07:09:07 AM »

I can't believe that the title of this thread is "Adler:AXL Never Had That Much Hair When I Hung Out With Him".

I find the rest of the interview much more interesting.

If we've been reduced to picking out lines like that out of former members interviews then things are worse than I thought.

For the love of God.....

@#$%Funker
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 07:17:42 AM »

"I find the rest of the interview much more interesting"

I second that...
SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2004, 07:33:39 AM »

blame borivoj from Blabbermouth  Tongue

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=28075

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
Jaded
Rocker

Going 'straight' will get you nowhere

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2004, 03:09:27 PM »

aaaw steven seems like sucha nice guy!!! he wants to get back together... how adorable!

It's evolution, baby!
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2004, 03:30:22 PM »

someone tell Adler the bingo hall is calling, his band is up next.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2004, 03:37:50 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2004, 05:11:28 PM »

i respect that ex members are sayin' what they think but it pisses me off when there like, i love the guy but.........

talk about your own band, they all Need Axl to lean on rant

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2004, 06:57:34 PM »

interesting read. Thanks for the story. I really dont care if Axl is bald or has a full head of hair. Im 24 and   Im starting to thin out on top. If I had the money Axl has I'd gladly get some hair plugs or surgery to have my balding fixed. No big deal Hollywood has changed over the last 10 years. Noone cares how much plastic surgery someone has had done unless you are some bullshit journalist or some radio jock looking for attention. I can speak for radio jocks since I am one and they are some of the ugliest weirdest people  anyone could ever meet. I hate it how sometimes Steven says  they all turned there back on me they were best friends who let me down. He needs to realize he has a serious problem and his friends could of done the best thing for him by letting him go.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
jrs2001_99
Rocker

I can't believe you just said that

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2004, 07:04:01 PM »

It just goes to show how shit the press is, when Steven gets asked "what do you hate being asked the most", and then the interviewer proceeds to base the next section of the interview asking him about these very things.

Oh but wait, Steven is a bad guy right, because he slagged off Axl? No, he didn't, the interviewer put fucking words in his mouth, just like what used to happen to Axl back in the day (see Get in the Ring...).

Credit to Steven for picking himself up and getting back out there. So what if he relied on Appetite for Destruction as a stepping stone to get out there again; those songs are as much his as they are anyone else's.

I wish him good luck with the album, I hope it rocks!  ok

http://www.theanswermusic.com/

The best true Irish rock band since Thin Lizzy
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2004, 07:10:51 PM »

my only problem with this is, if axl came out and talked about steven's drug problems and how messed up he is now because of it, there would be a virtual riot on this board. Steven to his credit didnt really bash axl which was cool but just sayin if he did hypothetically speaking people would tear axl a new asshole.

If Axl talked about how little talent Duff possessed and how he was the least valuable member of GNR, people would hit the roof (duff was the least valuable member by the way)

but why the fuck is it ok for DUFF,Slash, and everyone else to talk about axl?

To answer an above poster, i love Velvet Revolver but Axl Rose i love more, so i wont stop loving VR but i can support their band without agreeing with their slamming of axl.

i will always love their cd but they will never take axl's place so i do get offended when axl hasnt attacked them in that way.

Axl Rose did more for Steven than all the members of GNR combined. wasnt it Axl who gave Steven some of his royalites? did slash,izzy,or duff do that?

and it wasnt Axl alone that kicked Steven out of the band. come to think of it, axl didnt kick anyone out of the band after that joint decision to fire adler.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2004, 07:14:31 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Sterlingdog
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2004, 08:41:26 PM »

I think what irritates me the most about this interview is the interviewer.  He(?) is clearly pulling this "Let's be buddies and talk shit about Axl" nonsense because he thinks it's cool, or will score points with Steven or others.  But you know if he was interviewing Axl himself, he'd be kissing his ass. 
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2004, 11:15:58 PM »

As others have implied, the title of this thread is very misleading and takes the interview way out of context.? This really shouldn't even be in this section.

It just goes to show how shit the press is, when Steven gets asked "what do you hate being asked the most", and then the interviewer proceeds to base the next section of the interview asking him about these very things.

Oh but wait, Steven is a bad guy right, because he slagged off Axl? No, he didn't, the interviewer put fucking words in his mouth, just like what used to happen to Axl back in the day

Exactly.? And what's even worse than the press idiots are the idiots who don't bother to actually read what Steven said.? Steven made it clear that he didn't like talking about Axl, and .? But of course, Axl's brainiac disciples on the forums here have to start trashing Steven anyway.

Also in this interview, Steven was candid about his own demons and dealing with them, but people here have to start bringing up shit from the past about Steven's disputes with the other guys, and all sorts of other irrelevant shit, rather than actually focusing on what Steven really said.

to get back to the hair issue, I took it as meaning that Axl didn't have much hair on his body, i.e perhaps he shaved his legs, chest, ect. he clearly had a head of long flowing hair.

Steven did answer the question: i think he would be served better by not involving himself in some puerile discussion whose answers will only serve to bash some former member. Axl did alot for Steven, but the interviewer doesn't seem to care that Adler almost killed Axl's wife. I think it's a bit vindicative to ask a loaded question to a guy who almost made a criminial mistake that would have taken a human life.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2004, 11:20:16 PM »

"I mean, I would love to, more than anything, play with the guys, but if God doesn't see it that way, then I'm still glad I did what I did with them. 'Cause they're great, great guys. Slash, especially Izz, and Axl ? the jackass that he is, he's a really wonderful guy. And I love being a part of their lives."

I happen to think that this was very nice of steven.. some people might take out the "i wouldnt join axl's band for a billion dollars" quote but he's not talking about axl's new band.. he's talkin about the original..

and i honestly dont think steven's trying to knock axl.. i agree with Sterlingdog.. i think the interviewer is just assuming that since steven was kicked out of the band, he can make steven like him by badmouthing axl..
« Last Edit: October 17, 2004, 11:23:37 PM by Estranged 063087 » Logged

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2004, 12:05:57 AM »

my only problem with this is, if axl came out and talked about steven's drug problems and how messed up he is now because of it, there would be a virtual riot on this board. Steven to his credit didnt really bash axl which was cool but just sayin if he did hypothetically speaking people would tear axl a new asshole.

If Axl talked about how little talent Duff possessed and how he was the least valuable member of GNR, people would hit the roof (duff was the least valuable member by the way)

No offense D, but are you blind? There are just as many  if not more people who hit the roof when someone talks about Axl. How many times have you seen someone say anything  even remotely negative about Axl  and everyone on here gets all bent out of shape? Everytime someone mentions Axl that isn't praising him, posters on here call that person a liar and a loser. They accuse them of being jealous and bitter. Their past drug abuse problems are always brought up.   The funny thing is, it doesn't matter if it is an ex-member or if it's someone totally unconnected to GNR saying something about Axl because some posters on here will get bent out of shape and start with the insults.

Why don't you ask people like Dave how he can throw a fit when someone mentions Axl in a negative light but it's ok for Axl to bash everyone? It goes both ways.

That being said, I don't know what your post had to do with this thread. Steven didn't really say anything wrong, but of course some people are still going to take what he said the wrong way since he didn't praise the man.  Roll Eyes
journey
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2004, 12:41:54 AM »

This topic is so tired. I don't know how many threads there has been about Axl's hair. I don't lose any sleep worrying about his choice of hair styles or whatever. What does all this prove? Is he less of a musician? No.
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2004, 01:50:51 AM »

The thing that's annoying, is that the hair comment isn't truthful.

Adler was kicked out of the band in 91', and to my knowledge, Axl and Steven never hung out after that.

We all know Axl had a full head of hair back then.  Even now, we don't know what the deal with Axl's hair is.  At Rio, he had a full head of hair.

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2004, 02:19:02 AM »

The thing that's annoying, is that the hair comment isn't truthful.

Adler was kicked out of the band in 91', and to my knowledge, Axl and Steven never hung out after that.

We all know Axl had a full head of hair back then.? Even now, we don't know what the deal with Axl's hair is.? At Rio, he had a full head of hair.

Right.  And Stevens point is, even when Axl had a full head of hair, it was never as full as it is now, which is odd.
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2004, 03:00:43 AM »

Oh.  I misinterpreted that comment.

Boner
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2004, 10:49:46 AM »

To answer an above poster, i love Velvet Revolver but Axl Rose i love more, so i wont stop loving VR but i can support their band without agreeing with their slamming of axl.

i will always love their cd but they will never take axl's place so i do get offended when axl hasnt attacked them in that way.

Axl Rose did more for Steven than all the members of GNR combined. wasnt it Axl who gave Steven some of his royalites? did slash,izzy,or duff do that?

and it wasnt Axl alone that kicked Steven out of the band. come to think of it, axl didnt kick anyone out of the band after that joint decision to fire adler.

Great post man...great post.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2004, 12:04:05 PM »

No offense D, but are you blind? There are just as many? if not more people who hit the roof when someone talks about Axl. How many times have you seen someone say anything? even remotely negative about Axl? and everyone on here gets all bent out of shape? Everytime someone mentions Axl that isn't praising him, posters on here call that person a liar and a loser. They accuse them of being jealous and bitter. Their past drug abuse problems are always brought up.? ?The funny thing is, it doesn't matter if it is an ex-member or if it's someone totally unconnected to GNR saying something about Axl because some posters on here will get bent out of shape and start with the insults.

Why don't you ask people like Dave how he can throw a fit when someone mentions Axl in a negative light but it's ok for Axl to bash everyone? It goes both ways.

That being said, I don't know what your post had to do with this thread. Steven didn't really say anything wrong, but of course some people are still going to take what he said the wrong way since he didn't praise the man.? Roll Eyes

You are missing the point. The point is the people that like slash, duff and izzy more than axl think its ok when they talk bad about Axl but the minute axl says anything bad about them they all go calling Axl an asshole for 80 pages and stuff like that.  And the fact is axl hardly ever talks about the old guys, its always slash and duff who bring up or talk about axl. 
My whole point is always why is it ok for slash, dizzy and izzy to talk about axl yet axl cant say anything about them.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: